Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17 kids WTF!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Yeah...thats it...J..J...J...J...all Js.
    saw it last week( didnt really cop the point of the program...didnt knoe there were 17) where the eldest proposes to his GF...but his faith doesnt allow any type of fornication untill the wedding day.
    So he pops the question to his GF...shes gushing & lovin it...and he gives her a great big HUG!!...thats it...nothing else. So the religion stuff plays a huge part.

She's actually pregnant now...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Pretty average sized Tuam Family.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

galwayrush wrote: »
    Pretty average sized Tuam Family.:D

:pac: love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

bladebrew wrote: »
    holy crap! how do they remember all their names? and how could they afford to have 17 kids,god wont pay the bills for them,how much childrens allowance would they rake in a month for 17 kids??

dole rants??
    The Spucklers don't seem to have a problem

liah wrote: »
    Was it the Dugans or D-somethings? And don't each of their children have a name that starts with the letter J?

God, I feel bad for the mother. Then again, maybe it gets easier after your 6th or 7th, who knows...
    My neighbour did the exact same thing :)
    I though it was cool.
    My surname begins with O'D. My kid's names will all begin with G.

17 kids?!?...no way...as much as I love my kids (2) Id rather stick red hot pokers in my eyeballs than have another 15!!
    They obviously feel differently.
    I really see no harm in it.

A family from my village had 18 kids. They were on that old Saturday night light entertainment show from the early 90's.. Can't remember the name of the show or who hosted it though =(
    Kenny Live?
    Did they bring their gollywogs?

tk123 wrote: »
    http://www.duggarfamily.com/ the link says it all :D
    Christ. It's the Brady bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

Did she know what to do with all the kids?

At first she didn't, but then she harvested their organs and sold them over the internet.

She now lives in a pair of Jimmy Choos!

• Advertisement

It would never happen in China:rolleyes:

ahara wrote: »
    At first she didn't, but then she harvested their organs and sold them over the internet.

She now lives in a pair of Jimmy Choos!

I thought she sold them to nike and now they're known collectively as 'the late shift'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

To me thats pretty un-natural..what ya thik?
    Because contraception is natural...? Unusual yes, unnatural no.
    dole rants??
    There are regular complaints on After Hours that certain women/parents have kids just to claim benefits.
    prinz wrote: »
    So too much sex is a problem and no sex is a problem.......
    If there's such a thing as "too much sex", eh... yeah? How is that not logical? It's not like there are only two options - too much sex/no sex. There's a vast ocean in between.
    But obviously "too much sex" isn't the problem, it's "too much children" seeing as contraception is available so that comment is just hugely disingenuous.

LOL at the tags :D

Dudess wrote: »
    But obviously "too much sex" isn't the problem, it's "too much children" seeing as contraception is available so that comment is just hugely disingenuous.

:pac: It was a lighthearted comment relating to the odd choice of wording of the OP. :pac:

They seem to be a type of ultra conservetive Christians that reckon they should be at it like rabbits....

How terrible :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Large families used to be the way of it here 50 years ago, thank fúck contraception was made legal here in 1984

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

To me thats pretty un-natural..what ya thik?
    Technically nothin unnatural about it..if you were a rabbit or a cat..sorted :D
    holy crap! how do they remember all their names?
    Yeh they all begin with J...the mad names are Jeremiah and Jedediah..eh..was she too knackered to think of anythin a little bit different!
    themadchef wrote: »
    ... think it's 18 now. LOL
    Yeh shes on the 18th and the parents still look like they want to ride the bones off each other..fair play to them thats all i can say.:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Was it this family

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/vagina-clown-car-demotivational-poster.jpg

Oops, didnt see someone had posted it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Darkbloom

In fairness, they're not just people who love kids, they're part of a crazy Christian fundamentalist movement that wants to outbreed liberals and retake the country.

Oh I wish I was making this up!
    "The womb is such a powerful weapon; it's a weapon against the enemy," Campbell says.
    Campbell has 35 grandchildren. She and her husband stopped at six kids, and it is her great regret.
    "I think, help! Imagine if we had had more of these children!" Campbell says, adding, "My greatest impact is through my children. The more children I have, the more ability I have to impact the world for God."
    A Christian God, that is. Campbell says if believers don't starting reproducing in large numbers, biblical Christianity will lose its voice.
    Still, Quiverfull is a small group, probably 10,000 fast-growing families, mainly in the Midwest and South. But they have large ambitions, says Kathryn Joyce, who has written about the movement in her book Quiverfull: Inside The Christian Patriarchy Movement.

"They speak about, 'If everyone starts having eight children or 12 children, imagine in three generations what we'll be able to do,' " Joyce says. " 'We'll be able to take over both halls of Congress, we'll be able to reclaim sinful cities like San Francisco for the faithful, and we'll be able to wage very effective massive boycotts against companies that are going against God's will.' "

links here & here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Two more episodes about them on Ch 255 right now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Those kids must have the best ever games of hide and seek.
    Hours of fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

My father came from a family with 17 kids. Them crazy 1940s catholics.
    Also the whole family was never all in the same house at the same time. (Only a handful stayed in Ireland)

Wasn't there some Russian with 36 kids or something along them lines??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

So what? Fact is, they're passing on their genes and ideals. Just as Islam will take over Europe by outbreeding us modern types, and Mormons will dominate the USA (they already outnumber Jews).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

surely it must be like riding a really big bucket by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Lady Luck

I think this is a horrible thing that this family are doing. The world is so overpopulated, and ladies and men like this are just clogging the world up. So horrible.

• Advertisement

F.T.W. http://wiki.answers.com
    /Q/What_is_the_record_for_most_births_by_one_woman

The greatest recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (Russia). In 27 pregnancies between 1725 and 1765 she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets. Only two of the children failed to survive their infancy. The mother also holds the records for giving birth to the most sets of twins and the most sets of quadruplets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭Disease Ridden

Lady Luck wrote: »
    I think this is a horrible thing that this family are doing. The world is so overpopulated, and ladies and men like this are just clogging the world up. So horrible.

I agree with this. I think its extremely selfish to have so many children; shouldnt the world be trying to reverse the massive growth in population over the last century because our resources are dwindling? If I'm not mistaken there is already food shortages in the world, no!?
    Also, any bunch of 18 children is virtually certain to include some inherited or congenital illnesses; no parents should engage in the type of breeding stakes that these nutjobs did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I went to a school with a girl who had 21 children in her family, my mom's been teaching them since she started! Good west of Ireland family :pac:

Don't know about the whole "unnatural" side of things though, procreation is considered completely natural to most people, but damn me, wouldn't you think she'd have cut it off at this stage? 17 births, ouch.
    AND the sex would HARDLY be enjoyable anymore, would it? Unless she had one of those vaginal rejuvination things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Throwing a hotdog down a subway tunnel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Demonique wrote: »
    Throwing a hotdog down a subway tunnel

waving a sausage around Croke Park
    throwing a sausage up O'Connell Street
    like a wizard's sleeve
    like a clown's pocket

actually Mrs Duggar looks pretty hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I agree with this. I think its extremely selfish to have so many children; shouldnt the world be trying to reverse the massive growth in population over the last century because our resources are dwindling? If I'm not mistaken there is already food shortages in the world, no!?
    Also, any bunch of 18 children is virtually certain to include some inherited or congenital illnesses; no parents should engage in the type of breeding stakes that these nutjobs did.
    There is no shortage of food in the world. It's just not distributed properly.

Kudos on the Spuckler tags, javaboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

Terry wrote: »
    My neighbour did the exact same thing :)
    I though it was cool.
    My surname begins with O'D. My kid's names will all begin with G.

Yeah, one of your clan hit the big time :pac:

Terry wrote: »
    The Spucklers don't seem to have a problem
    Christ. It's the Brady bunch.
    The Brady home could fit in their laundry room.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

galwayrush wrote: »
    F.T.W. http://wiki.answers.com
    /Q/What_is_the_record_for_most_births_by_one_woman

The greatest recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (Russia). In 27 pregnancies between 1725 and 1765 she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets. Only two of the children failed to survive their infancy. The mother also holds the records for giving birth to the most sets of twins and the most sets of quadruplets.

That would suggest he married again and presumably fathered more children? What's the record for fathering by one man?

• Advertisement

bnagrrl wrote: »
    What's the record for fathering by one man
    It's either Genghis Khan or some randy Mormon fella.

Advertisement