Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

17 kids WTF!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I tried to watch that show before but it hurt me too too much. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well to me it's the most natural thing in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Just watched a program on Discovery H&H about a family in the States that have 17 kids and one on the way.
    They seem to be a type of ultra conservetive Christians that reckon they should be at it like rabbits and let nature take its course.

To me thats pretty un-natural..what ya thik?
    Not really unnatural.
    It's quite normal actually.
    We're like any other species on the planet. We're built to procreate.

/Waits for the dole rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

Just watched a program on Discovery H&H about a family in the States that have 17 kids and one on the way.
    They seem to be a type of ultra conservetive Christians that reckon they should be at it like rabbits and let nature take its course.

holy crap! how do they remember all their names? and how could they afford to have 17 kids,god wont pay the bills for them,how much childrens allowance would they rake in a month for 17 kids??

dole rants??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Was it the Dugans or D-somethings? And don't each of their children have a name that starts with the letter J?

God, I feel bad for the mother. Then again, maybe it gets easier after your 6th or 7th, who knows...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭memo_to_all

Terry wrote: »
    Not really unnatural.
    It's quite normal actually.
    We're like any other species on the planet. We're built to procreate.

/Waits for the dole rants.

17 kids?!?...no way...as much as I love my kids (2) Id rather stick red hot pokers in my eyeballs than have another 15!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭memo_to_all

bladebrew wrote: »
    holy crap! how do they remember all their names? and how could they afford to have 17 kids,god wont pay the bills for them,how much childrens allowance would they rake in a month for 17 kids??

dole rants??

Yeah...thats it...J..J...J...J...all Js.
    saw it last week( didnt really cop the point of the program...didnt knoe there were 17) where the eldest proposes to his GF...but his faith doesnt allow any type of fornication untill the wedding day.
    So he pops the question to his GF...shes gushing & lovin it...and he gives her a great big HUG!!...thats it...nothing else. So the religion stuff plays a huge part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Joeface

MEH THATS NOTHING
    21 families near me when i was growing up 21 kids in both

10 in my own family

i know a family in monaghan with 15 kids...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Pregnant and barefoot, that's how we like 'em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Apparently they rent a few commercial properties and that's how they live day to day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

My childcare costs amount to e300 for 3 children. If I had 17, I'd definitely want to work to keep my sanity but it would put me in serious debt! And I think i'd move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

imo it would be far more unnatural to have 1 or 2 and say no more, ever. I don't want 17 kids, but it's not like they're doing anything to hurt anyone or he's having kids with his daughters or something
    Yeah...thats it...J..J...J...J...all Js.
    saw it last week( didnt really cop the point of the program...didnt knoe there were 17) where the eldest proposes to his GF...but his faith doesnt allow any type of fornication untill the wedding day.
    So he pops the question to his GF...shes gushing & lovin it...and he gives her a great big HUG!!...thats it...nothing else. So the religion stuff plays a huge part.

OMG like no way, you mean like Catholics? :eek:

I don't think she'd worry about it too much. He's probably got the potency of his father, so she's probably relieved more than anything tbh. Time enough for the rest.

So too much sex is a problem and no sex is a problem.......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

liah wrote: »
    God, I feel bad for the mother. Then again, maybe it gets easier after your 6th or 7th, who knows...

After about 4 or 5 she should have had a c-section and asked them to stick a zip in when they were sowing her up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Might confuse her when she hears a zip being undone though,AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

A family from my village had 18 kids. They were on that old Saturday night light entertainment show from the early 90's.. Can't remember the name of the show or who hosted it though =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

This reminds me of a story I heard as a youth about an old lady who lived in a shoe.

I know a family with 14 kids, 8 of whom were adopted. They used to drive a minibus. Funnily enough they weren't religious at all. Parents just liked sex and loved kids.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

prinz wrote: »
    Parents just liked sex and loved kids.

A dangerous combination.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2cz8ro5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,754 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

ahara wrote: »
    This reminds me of a story I heard as a youth about an old lady who lived in a shoe.

Did she know what to do with all the kids?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

The amazing Duggers.

She makes the smocks for the girls to wear. She home schools them. Drills religion into them. Very little, supervised telly. Basicically the "buddy" system means the older children are responsible for a younger sibling.

She cooks,cleans raises 17 kids and still finds the time to roide her man at the end of the night. Whats not to admire about this woman :D

....did she not fire out another one lately?... think it's 18 now. LOL

A dangerous combination.

http://i35.tinypic.com/2cz8ro5.jpg

:pac: no words, just :pac:

themadchef wrote: »
    Very little, supervised telly.

Nothing wrong with that, the amount of sh!te that's on tv these days. It's overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ew. Children.
    Ew. A children thread in AH.

Saw that Duggan thing. The mind boggles.

They.are.off.their.cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

http://www.duggarfamily.com/ the link says it all :D

Inspiring more than anything.

Nowadays you hear the yummy-mummies complaining how difficult it is to raise her 1 or 2 kids.Yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

tk123 wrote: »
    http://www.duggarfamily.com/ the link says it all :D

The master race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Jeez........she must be leaping on him every time he pulls it out for a piss:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

bladebrew wrote: »
    holy crap! how do they remember all their names?

The George Foreman way.....call every one of 'em George..:p

Advertisement