Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

17 kids WTF!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yeah she has another on the way now. When I saw them with the other family of pretty much the same size there was nothing to say except... wow.

Edit: Lol at the tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

According to BBC Sport this very morning, Patrice Evra (manchester united defender, for those not into soccerball ;)) Is one of 26 children.

I couldnt believe what I heard :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭shezzie

:eek::eek:holy **** - poor woman is all i have to say 18 children = 13.5 years being pregnant - nnnnnnnoooooooo way in hell would i ever ever do that no way.... gouge the eyes outta myself first...

but agree its not unatural just stupid - how can you give equal time to the children and others not feel left out - christ the amount of washing, cleaning,dishes, feeding /financial implications of the brood....jesus no she is a better woman than me - i would only have one or two - there is no need for more when there is the pill, condoms etc etc you can have lots of sex and no worries bout pregnancies 18 times over christ no -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I have the clown car music from the circus stuck in my head now

Damn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Id be highly surprised if they hadnt received a strongly worded letter with a voucher for a vasectomy in it from David Attenborough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Hester

Their house is amazing except for the bathroom - there are two toilets side by side! :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

Theres a family in my parish with fourteen kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

bladebrew wrote: »
    holy crap! how do they remember all their names? and how could they afford to have 17 kids,god wont pay the bills for them,how much childrens allowance would they rake in a month for 17 kids??

dole rants??

They're not on the dole, they worked up until they married, and own three or four properties that they rent out, they home school the kids and buy everything second hand. I've seen a few shows about them on the telly!

The kids names are Jana, John, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-anna, Jedidiah, Jeremiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and the [at the time] un-named baby (born in December last year)

The oldest son is now married

(yeah I C&Ped that)

An File wrote: »
    Those kids must have the best ever games of hide and seek.
    Hours of fun...

I'd say twister would be tricky though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

The oldest son is now married

Hope he doesn't intend following in his parent's footsteps - God help his poor wife if he does.

• Advertisement

kelle wrote: »
    Where did those Tagged names come from?

Yer wha'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is on TLC in the US every week, I seen a clip a few days ago where the oldest son (now married) was with his wife checking on a pregnancy test, didn't take long. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

bnagrrl wrote: »
    That would suggest he married again and presumably fathered more children? What's the record for fathering by one man?

Ghengis Khan:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

BCawley wrote: »
    According to BBC Sport this very morning, Patrice Evra (manchester united defender, for those not into soccerball ;)) Is one of 26 children.

I couldnt believe what I heard :eek:

Feck, he could have played for Ireland.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

there's a woman in my street with 11 kids and she's preggers again now and considering none of the kids look even close to 16 yet i reckon she's still not finished.

have to say though, in a 4 bedroom house it must look like a hostel in there.

i have it on good authority that she doesn't lift a finger either, she has all the kids trained to do everything, which i guess is fair given that she's pretty much a full time baby factory!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I'd like to see them try this in China!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

or this one ... which actually features the family in question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

jasus, friction must be an issue for her...

" like throwing a cocktail sausage down O'Connell street "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Jaysus, the dad's name is Jim Bob, that's hilarious. I didn't think anybody besides cartoon hillbillies was actually called Jim Bob.

Anyways, fair fooks to them, I say. So long as the kids get enough attention and care , I don't see the problem. If they're happy that way, then leave 'em to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Acacia wrote: »
    Anyways, fair fooks to them, I say.
    i think it's dafe to say they've had a lot more than 'fair fooks', i'll bet there's a good heap of 20 year old lads and lasses that are still virgins cos those two have had a lot more than their fair share. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mallubear

Wow

I would never have 17 kids

2 would do me

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

How is this surprising? Irish Catholics have a worldwide reputation for having large family's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yeah this used to be on when I was in America last year. was on after "Jon & Kate plus 8"
    The missus made me watch them, honest.

but I have to say, there was one episode where the duggers went to this "Creationist Museum". That disturbed me in a way I find very hard to describe.
    They actually had Adam and Eve mannequins petting baby Veliciraptors and other dinosaurs. There was obviously a LOT of money put into that place and seemed to be no shortage of visitors.
    I admit, if I was in the area I'd probably go have a look for the lulz, but it's wishful thinking that that is why the other visitors were there.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭chosen1

A girl in my class came from a family of 19.

We were in a fairly small class in first year at school and when it came to doing means and averages in maths; the teacher stupidly decided to use the classes family size as an example for doing averages.

Turned out the average family size in our class was something like 10 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Riddle101

My Grandma has 16 siblings, which makes up 17 as well. But then again this was back in the 1930's so it was pretty natural at the time. I can't believe a woman would gou through all that pain.

S.I.R wrote: »
    jasus, friction must be an issue for her...

" like throwing a cocktail sausage down O'Connell street "

two words

Cesarean Section

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I know someone who comes from a family of 22 children.
    The had to have two houses side by side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

tallus wrote: »
    I know someone who comes from a family of 22 children.
    The had to have two houses side by side.

I smell a sitcom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Acacia wrote: »
    I smell a sitcom!

I **** you not, and every one of them is still alive.
    The christmas dinner is a sight to behold, or so I was told.

Advertisement