Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys and their girl mates

Options
  • 11-04-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭

Hey guys i want to see how well men and women get on and how yous think about male female friendship.
    As a guy or girl do you go shopping with you guy or girl mate cinema or for dinner or drinks without your girl friend or boy friend.
    What do you do with your guy or girl mates.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I have a close ''girl-friend'' in Canada, and while we don't hang out together since I'm back, we email regularly.

When I lived there we worked together, and we would get some dinner/beer/movies together, we even had a couple of road trips, her husband didn't/doesn't have a problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

I have a close ''girl-friend'' in Canada, and while we don't hang out together since I'm back, we email regularly.

When I lived there we worked together, and we would get some dinner/beer/movies together, we even had a couple of road trips, her husband didn't/doesn't have a problem with it.

That's nice to hear,I am enquiring because i don't have any male friends except my boy friend and i am finding difficult to adjust he has girl mates,As i am not used to it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

4 ball?

Trog wrote: »
    4 ball?
    Unfortunately, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

One of my closest friends is a girl. We grew up together, she even liked the Turtles!

I think I proposed to her when I was 9

• Advertisement

shqipshume wrote: »
    That's nice to hear,I am enquiring because i don't have any male friends except my boy friend and i am finding difficult to adjust he has girl mates,As i am not used to it at all.
    Are you looking for more male friends, or are you looking for advice on him having female friends?

Do you think he'd have a problem with you having guy friends?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

?

You never knew any men before your boyfriend?

Are you looking for more male friends, or are you looking for advice on him having female friends?

Do you think he'd have a problem with you having guy friends?

I am trying to get a picture of when you have girl as mates or guys as mates I mean is that all there is when you do things like what you said going road trips and cinema and beer etc.. I have never had a guy friend and i don't have girl friends who have guys as mates at all.
    I really don't know as i don't have any guy friends so the issue never comes up about me.
    I guess advice about him having girls as mates thanks.
    But you also said above unfortunately no.So i am wondering now do you wish you could be with her.
    I heard once someone said to me and stuck with me a guy has girl mates only because he wants something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ive a couple really good female friends. Do some things together like random adventurs, cinema, dinner. Dont be worried if he has any :)

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    ?

You never knew any men before your boyfriend?
    I have dated only small few and never had a guy as a mate ever.
    I dont even talk to guys at all barr my boyfriend and family.

I have dated only small few and never had a guy as a mate ever.
    I dont even talk to guys at all barr my boyfriend and family.

Uh... don't take it the wrong way, but the problem is right there, then, not with your boyfriend.

I have many, many female friends and they're just as important to me as my blokey bloke bloke friends.

I recommend you try and meet a few fellas too. *realises the thread's in after hours* Why are you not befriending people with penises?

This post has been deleted.

Yeah i know what you mean it already has.I get jealous and worried about the time and friendship he has with them.
    You see as i don't have any friends of opposite sex i find it so hard to be able to relate to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Trog

But you also said above unfortunately no.So i am wondering now do you wish you could be with her.

I doubt he meant it. All in jest. I make jokes about wanting to ride my female friends, but I don't actually. Come to thiink of it, I do that to my male friends too.

I heard once someone said to me and stuck with me a guy has girl mates only because he wants something.

I used to think that too, but then I grew out of puberty and stopped wanting to mount everything with a gee.

Don't get me wrong, he may have fancied his female friends in the past, but if he's actually friends with them, I doubt there's anything there anymore. I have a good few female friends and I'm only friends with them now because we got past the sexual barrier one way or another. They are like men to me now, and I treat them so. (pre empting the joke, yes, that means just anal).

In short, don't worry about it, but if you can't get over it, let him know it puts you off. If you don't do one of these things it'll all turn into jealousy and turn you into a right meanie.

In my humble opinion.

Ive a couple really good female friends. Do some things together like random adventurs, cinema, dinner. Dont be worried if he has any :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Ha, no I was only messing there.:)

I'm not gonna lie, my friend is very attractive, and I definitely would, I can't help that because after all, she's a girl and I'm a guy, it's just life. What I will say though is that we're completely incompatible as possible 'partners', and I wouldn't want a relationship with her.

Uh... don't take it the wrong way, but the problem is right there, then, not with your boyfriend.

I have many, many female friends and they're just as important to me as my blokey bloke bloke friends.

I recommend you try and meet a few fellas too. *realises the thread's in after hours* Why are you not befriending people with penises?

No its ok i know thats why i am trying to discuss it.
    I dont interact with guys only my boyfriend it just hasnt happened i have made friends with any guys.

No its ok i know thats why i am trying to discuss it.
    I dont interact with guys only my boyfriend it just hasnt happened i have made friends with any guys.

Why don't you interact with guys?

I'm just asking. I would consider it the "natural" thing to have loads of friends of either sex.

And while I would have had friends I had sexy time feelings for they are far outweighed by the ones who are just friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

think i have more 'girl friends' than guy friends.

must be the name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

As a guy or girl do you go shopping with you guy or girl mate
    Surely you jest about dragging a lad along with you to go shopping for clothes and whatnot? Shopping with lads is like sex? A bit too quick to really enjoy the experience?

**Oh! Did I take this OP out of context? Bad B!ue runs!**:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Yeh but, did you roid her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I look with suspicion on any guy who has no female friends and any girl who has no guy friends.

It's just weird.

Why don't you interact with guys?

I'm just asking. I would consider it the "natural" thing to have loads of friends of either sex.

And while I would have had friends I had sexy time feelings for they are far outweighed by the ones who are just friends.

I just dont.ofc when teenager i hung around guys but I never had any mates like i would call to on my own or they wouldnt call to me.
    And later in life i found that any guys who tried to be friends with me would all of sudden want to date me,I havent had any male friends i could say i could sit with and laugh with and joke with and go do things like platonic mate would.Other than that i have no reason to interact with guys cause like i said my mates dont have guy friends either and i am not mates with their boyfriends.I am used to not having any guy friends except my boy friend now.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I look with suspicion on any guy who has no female friends and any girl who has no guy friends.

It's just weird.

To me see it doesnt :o

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

AnonoBoy wrote: »

It's just weird.

What are you trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

Yep have guy friends who come to the cinema with me, go for a drink or two, sometimes stay over in my bed (and nothing happens you perves! ;))

Also have an ex who am making the effort to be friends with but due to his ginormous ego he's forever convinced that i want to get back together with him if god forbid i talk to him for too long. Feel that this is one that may have to be nipped in the bud if he can't get a grip! :P

Other girlfriends of guy friends have mostly been great, they know that there's nothing there. Only one or two have been weird about it, and generally it was just because they were possessive people already and wasn't specifically anything to do with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭dizzyniki

now i know im going to get angry posts on this.....but any male friend that i have EVER had has always professed a bit too much love for our relationship....i used to get on so so well with guys.......had girlfriends but i loved the time i had with my male friends way more......i dont know if i was leading them up the garden path or what but they didnt get that it was just a friendship!!! then in my last relationship my ex was against the whole idea of me having male friends and said that he has never ever had a female friend ever and that any female he wanted to be friends with eventually ended up being a girlfriend!!!!!

Seriously guys....and now i know that most have already said that it's healthy to have both sexes as friends.....but do guys generally end up fancying the pants off their female friends or is the only reason they became friends with them in the first place because they want to get into their pants???? coz ive heard assholes talking about it before and didnt like their answer which was the latter of the two mentioned above!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dizzyniki wrote: »
    now i know im going to get angry posts on this.....but any male friend that i have EVER had has always professed a bit too much love for our relationship....i used to get on so so well with guys.......had girlfriends but i loved the time i had with my male friends way more......i dont know if i was leading them up the garden path or what but they didnt get that it was just a friendship!!! then in my last relationship my ex was against the whole idea of me having male friends and said that he has never ever had a female friend ever and that any female he wanted to be friends with eventually ended up being a girlfriend!!!!!

Seriously guys....and now i know that most have already said that it's healthy to have both sexes as friends.....but do guys generally end up fancying the pants off their female friends or is the only reason they became friends with them in the first place because they want to get into their pants???? coz ive heard assholes talking about it before and didnt like their answer which was the latter of the two mentioned above!!!!
    Theres a couple of girls im friends with I will admit I would like to be more (not sayin itll ever happen and doesnt bother me if it never does) but for every 1 like that ive 3 or 4 that i wouldnt even look at like that.And oddly its with 1 of them their ex bf got thick with me convinced I was tryin to steal her away. It was that time I realised men are paranoid cnuts. Now he's married to a minger :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

I don't have many friends who are girls. The ones that I do have I met in very "asexual" circumstances like college/work/gym or are my friends girl friends. I don't think relationships are as contrived or as artificial as dizzyniki implies. Invariably, I will develop a "crush" on girls that I find attractive who aren't interested in me romantically.

Advertisement