Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great videogame finds in the wild?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

ah right, suppose its not too bad then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

speaking of the virtual boy, just thought id see how much they are roughly on ebay and found this

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NINTENDO-VIRTUAL-BOY-CONSOLE-FOR-PARTS_W0QQitemZ250322377539QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item250322377539&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

looks in fairly good cond. and quite cheap aswell
    just thought id post it incase anyone wss interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

Though its not working that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Saturn quake in a closing-down second hand warhammer shop about four years ago. Saw it in the window :rolleyes:

my viewing experience of the rare of the rare is

Pc engine laptop.
    Metal slug 1 Aes
    about 4 sealed radiant silverguns
    Hello kitty dreamcasts I still need to get one of these babies maybe for xmas.
    Megajets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

appleidog wrote: »
    my viewing experience of the rare of the rare is

Pc engine laptop.

That's a PC Engine LT

...which was the pride of my collection back in the day (unboxed as it was :rolleyes:). However, it was quite unergonomic, and was better played with a pad plugged in.

I just had to have one, as it was part of the "missing link trilogy" (LT, Virtual Boy and Vectrex) between
    * my first collection (I started with collecting handhelds only, so all iterations of the Gameboy, Wonderswan, NGPC, PCE GT, GG, Nomad, Supervision, etc.) and
    * my later, second collection (all 'desktop' consoles, the usual suspects - NES/SNES/SMS/MD/3DO/CDi/Saturn/VCS/G4000/DC, etc.)

I saw these 3 as something of an in-between between handhelds and consoles, not quite as portable as the marketing blurb would have you believe, yet self-contained therefore easily transportable and TV-independent.

One of the very few retro items that's never once wavered in value over the years (yes, the price of even early AES has yo-yo'd at some point).

(PS @ atavan halen: I really wouldn't bother with a Virtual Boy, unless you're a completist)

atavan the virtual boy is one of the best games consoles i've ever played if just for wario land and mario tennis it is fantastic.

bleh, im still undecided about the virtual boy, dont know whether to get one or not

There fantastic, that is all i can say, iv'e got 2 and they are just amazing machines, well underrated, wario is fantastic on the vb.

yeah they're definitely under-rated as 3d games were practically unheard of when the vb was released

shame it didnt sell as well as it did

apparantly in cuba, hundreds of them were found in a warehouse, factory sealed and everything. they were just extra stock, sitting there for ages

• Advertisement

then pick one up for cheap, everyone should have a Virtual boy fantastic games/machines really are.

ill have a look on ebay and see whats the average price for one

i would like a boxed one (i have a recent fetish for boxed consoles....)

Not sure i got both of mine with 5 games for about 45 Euro for the 2 now that is. but one usually goes for more then that.

that was a good bargain, cheapest boxed one ive seen is €66 and its in texas so postage will probably be another 20 or more

Yeah, but be patient's remember everything can be had for cheaper if your patient. Just put it on the back burner but still look for them on the bay ect....

Oh and if anyone wants to the see the uber rare this is currently going for sale on Neo-geo.com Its the uber rare $13K game

[URL]ttp://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2621450#post2621450[/URL]

oh yeah definitely, its not top priority anyways

wow, $13k for a game

must be damn good

Correction Damn RAre :eek:, metal slug 1 has nothing on this game for rarity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If the game in question is the MVS Kizuna Encounter then it is rather rare. only 4 were ever made.

Nah Mvs kizuna is cheap as a bucket of crab cakes, its a European Super kizuna ecounters Aes, with there only being 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

you are all lucky sods! there, i said it.

• Advertisement

So corcaig what is one of your great finds in the wild.

So corcaig what is one of your great finds in the wild.

damn all really, certainly nothing compared to the things im hearing here.

lately ive been trying to rebuild my megadrive collection so have got a few reasonably priced games of late like Street fighter 2 NEW for a fiver amongst micro machines, mega bomberman, nhl 95 for simliar prices.

ohh, one i did find was a saturn, great collection. it had:(copied and pasted from different site)
    Panzer Dragoon
    Virtua Fighter 1 and 2
    Daytona Usa-Championship edition
    Daytona Usa
    Sonic Jam
    Sega Ages
    Sega Worldwide Soccer 97
    X-Men-Children of the Atom
    Sega Rally
    Virtua Cop 1 and 2
    Nights Into Dreams
    Demo Discs Vol 3-5 and Bootleg Sampler

The Console itself
    1 Arcade Racer-Official Steering Wheel
    2 Virtua Guns although one is faulty
    1 Nights 3D Analogue Joypad
    1 Standard joypad
    Backup Memory Unit

bought all this from the buy and sell for 80 euro couriered! i have since sold this on and got 270 for it. i did enjoy it but felt it was getting in the way, especially since the games i really wanted would have been expensive, like,

panzer dragoon saga-too expensive
    x-men vs street fighter-jap so would require chipping the console
    street fighter alpha 3-same as above, meant to be the definitive SFA3

and others i cant think of at this minute.

and i know some of you will probably attack me for selling it(im sensing Retrogamer here!), but i dont regret selling it as i got a profit from it and everything else was prohibitly expensive for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,011 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Chip it to play 'backups', get a 4 in 1 action replay for import games and download all the games you want. I'd pay for them if the money was going to the developers but it would only be going to an ebay rip off merchant.

Im impressed you sold that for 270, like astonished, i wouldn't of paid more then 50 euro for all that stuff, but man what a collection,

by the way just to clarify, with the 4in1 makesure its the new version, and not the old version due to it won't work with Any 4mb game after Xmen vs streetfighter.

by the way just to clarify, with the 4in1 makesure its the new version, and not the old version due to it won't work with Any 4mb game after Xmen vs streetfighter.

It just takes a tiny amount of soldering to get it working but yeah, best get the new one to avoid the hassle :)

Yeah, just a lil solder but if you bodge it up, you would have to buy a new one anyway!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Was 50 euro alright for a Saturn with it's box and 2 joypads, a lightgun and Quake, Tomb Raider, Sonic Jam, Manx Superbike TT, Sega Rally, Resident Evil, Virtua Cop 1 & 2, House of the Dead, Clockwork Knight 2, Bug Too, Chaos Control, Torico, Formula Karts, Shellshock and Frankenstein? I think it was a good buy. I'm putting that down as my great find, but I did buy it off someone, I didn't really 'find' it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 34,632 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Why would anyone sell all that for 50? Madness? Heroin? Yeah, must be heroin...

• Advertisement

That was an alright price i guess, no the best but still very good. I got a saturn for £5 british money a few summers ago, with 2 pads and a few crappy games.

Advertisement