Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great videogame finds in the wild?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

I mean if your ever looking for anything, give me a pm, oh and oxfam are evil. they are way to coperate to be a charity, but locally this is what ive seen on my travels.

Like a google mug for 1.50 one of the coolest mugs ever. but anyway back to the games.

crash bandicoot 2 ps1 Bought
    Street fighter alpha 3 ps1 bought
    Ghost recon 2 advance warfighter 360 bought 2 euro:D
    Resident evil 2
    Gran turismo
    alot more ps1 games can't exactly remember them all.
    n64
    Ps1
    Snes
    boxed Gamecube 10euro

OH and has anyone seen a Dreamcast around here, or wanting a trade.

but to atavan seriously if your looking for anything in the slightest send me a pm and i will try and track it for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

appleidog wrote: »

OH and has anyone seen a Dreamcast around here, or wanting a trade.

but to atavan seriously if your looking for anything in the slightest send me a pm and i will try and track it for you.

yeah theres a dreamcast on adverts.ie for €150, but you could haggle and try get it for less

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=78412&cat=12

cheers very much! and likewise! ill report back to everyone tomorrow on this charity shop :)

for 150 euro that thing better come with 50 sealed hello kitty dreamcasts for that price.:rolleyes:

thanks matey, for the linkage.

Good luck with your charity search, just general rule of thumb don't go to oxfam to find games, they usually don't do games try barnados they are really good, and cancer research.

oh and just as a joke on the thread title. once i placed my bag on a grassy area to get something out and, my ds fell out, didnt relise, checking my bag and it wasnt there, so i ran back and it was hiding in folage. still there, nobody took it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

yeah, was in oxfam because its just across the road, they had all the sims expansion packs and a grand total of 4 ps1 games, which included such fantastic titles such as: football-manager-no-ones-ever-heard-of's football game, fifa 99, fifa 97, and another football game

joy. :rolleyes:

anyways, this is gone off topic!

it hasn't gone off topic saying obama is president is going off topic.:D

before oxfam in dundrum had a few, ps1 games like wwe. and driver i believe.

• Advertisement

haha, nah, was in oxfam in dundrum and just the usual stuff you find in charity shops

however, st vincent de paul had rocky balboa on the psp, but im not a fan of rocky so i didnt get it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

however, st vincent de paul had rocky balboa on the psp, but im not a fan of rocky so i didnt get it

See this is my problem. You know when to say no. I don't!

I even have a copy of Spice World for the ps1 that I saw in a charity shop somewhere :(

See this is my problem. You know when to say no. I don't!

I even have a copy of Spice World for the ps1 that I saw in a charity shop somewhere :(

01s1n that is really your pride of your collection, its sitting on its own little shelf with a felt cusion.

how much was rocky balboa? btw.

Master of the Universe

01s1n that is really your pride of your collection, its sitting on its own little shelf with a felt cusion.

how much was rocky balboa? btw.

Who am I kidding.

It's on my shrine shelf along with Premiere Manager 97, Rise of the Robots, Strider 2, Universal Soldier and every FMV game ever made.

I'm a fraud!

Actually I wouldn't mind making a 'worst videogames of all time' box out of my collection. I have quite a few stinkers in there.

lol. but like your self i generally pick up random stuff from the charity shop like rascal on ps1. :D oh and in london i picked up E.T on atari. boxed, oh the rarity..... $$$$$$. lol

• Advertisement

im back! from town anyways

was in every charity shop on capel street and nothing! one of them has to be lying...and i have a suspicion that it was the one where the woman didnt speak english (not being racist or anything) one of them said that they do get consoles in now and again, but as soon as they get them, they go out on the shelves. i did come across some quite mint nes games though, i cant really remember what games there were but one of them was kid icarus and another was just called soccer. they had the black nintendo slip case thingys on them and all, in very very good condition. €3 each. was actually tempted to get them even though i dont have a nes! yet...

i did however, get chu chu rocket, game & watch gallery and need for speed (there was nothing else) on the gba in gamestop and pokemon emerald in the retro kiosk in moore st. mall

as for rocky balboa, didnt ask how much it was because it was behind the counter

hahaha, the spice girls game, that has to be as good as britneys dance beat!

oh btw i got the job in game :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

o1s1n wrote: »
    Well the one I went into was around Capel street. There's a model shop a few doors down from it.

I doubt anyone has been into that storeroom since we were there a few years ago.

Is that the something Gallery or Arcade just by the Luas stop?

Nice congrats at the job. You should of picked up kid ikarus, good game even if you don't have a nes.

Master of the Universe

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Is that the something Gallery or Arcade just by the Luas stop?

The Luas track runs by a couple of streets up but I'm not sure if there's a stop? There might be actually. There's a really corny adult shop across the road and a few doors down if that's any help to ya :D

where isnt there a little adult shop in dublin. went as atavan ( not together) did to charity shops and got drenched, all i found was

Megacd
    sega arcade classics
    Thunder hawk

Megadrive
    fantasia and taz

ps2
    Pro evo 4
    Rugby 04
    Super fruitfall machine.

where isnt there a little adult shop in dublin. went as atavan ( not together) did to charity shops and got drenched, all i found was

Megacd
    sega arcade classics
    Thunder hawk

Megadrive
    fantasia and taz

ps2
    Pro evo 4
    Rugby 04
    Super fruitfall machine.

where the hell were you looking?! i didnt find anything like that!!

oh, p.s, theres a model shop (thats literally called model shop) across the road from one of the charity shops on capel street

Rathmines.

Master of the Universe

You got a Mega CD!? I or II?

Edit - oh duh! you mean you got mega cd games.

I stoopid

me personally, yeah in london. megacd II, though the only game iv'e got is Final fight CD. the only real game worth it to be honest.

right, im off to rathmines, its only a 74a bus ride away!

but not now, tomorrow obv.

• Advertisement

if you went now you would have to have a handy burgulars kit. lol. oh and there was a wii sports kit (tennis,baseball,golf set ect.....)

K the megadrive games were in barnados

The megacd games were just by the gardai station can't remember the name of the place, its a womans charity shop/ and ps2 games.

The wii sports kit was cancer research is it, can't remember the exact name but. its a cancer charity. the one with the daffiodills.

Oh but i forgot they are apparently closed on sundays.

nah, a rock would do the job

aw, they only had games? i have a few megadrive games myself, but no megadrive

darn, is the cancer research the only one thats closed on sunday?

decided not to go into rathmines to day if theres only games, plus im tired :p

If any consoles come up i'll be on here telling ya the juicy gossip, btw just for reference what are you looking for? Console/ games wise.

cool, thanks

er, alot, but at the top of the list: dremcast, megadrive, nes and maybe a psone (the small one)

hmm, im feelong bored, might make a quick vid of my collection so far...

DO it. and i will get some of my stuff for picture's though it would be small cause my Missus still has most under lock and key so i don't Make a throne out of the collection.

ooh, harsh!

so like when do you get to use the ones locked away

When i find said key.:D

hahaha, do you find it often?

• Advertisement

Not yet, :D but It's allright most of the stuff locked up is just the saturn, a virtual boy, original gameboy, Nes Yobo clone, metal slug saturn, marvel vs streetfighter saturn,50+ Nes games ect.......... So nothing that rare :D

Advertisement