Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great videogame finds in the wild?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Think I found out about it on adverts.ie. I got rid of swapped or sold Torico and Frankenstein though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

nice, so do you still have a saturn?

Yeah I do, haven't added much to it since, just Euro 96 :)

Saw this on adverts this morning -

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=79995&cat=12

Final Fight Jamma? Says its broken though?

Nice, There is a Final fight hack going around that lets you play as the enemies aswell, and they have special power moves which is pretty cool now i must admit. Really hard to find though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Was 50 euro alright for a Saturn with it's box and 2 joypads, a lightgun and Quake, Tomb Raider, Sonic Jam, Manx Superbike TT, Sega Rally, Resident Evil, Virtua Cop 1 & 2, House of the Dead, Clockwork Knight 2, Bug Too, Chaos Control, Torico, Formula Karts, Shellshock and Frankenstein? I think it was a good buy. I'm putting that down as my great find, but I did buy it off someone, I didn't really 'find' it :/

excellent deal, great find.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Chip it to play 'backups', get a 4 in 1 action replay for import games and download all the games you want. I'd pay for them if the money was going to the developers but it would only be going to an ebay rip off merchant.

how much time and hassle would chipping cost? Theres a saturn on the front window of a swansea local game shop that has been taunting me since i arrived here. 20 pound is a little steep for the console and 1 pad but i reckon i could take a few crappy games as part of the deal. if chipping is easy, its mine! :)

appleidog wrote: »
    Im impressed you sold that for 270, like astonished, i wouldn't of paid more then 50 euro for all that stuff, but man what a collection,

by the way just to clarify, with the 4in1 makesure its the new version, and not the old version due to it won't work with Any 4mb game after Xmen vs streetfighter.

kinda feel guilty now....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Yeah I do, haven't added much to it since, just Euro 96 :)

Saw this on adverts this morning -

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=79995&cat=12

Final Fight Jamma? Says its broken though?

Quite a few arcade related pieces showing up on adverts.ie lately. I'd be interested in this one if the sound wasn't gone. Need a decent side scrolling beat em up. (Until I can find a copy of Aliens Versus Predator going for cheap that is!)

If your looking for a cheap good side scroller, get burning fight its literally Snk's version of Final fight, its very good, and very final fight like but with some better effects and so fourth.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Quite a few arcade related pieces showing up on adverts.ie lately. I'd be interested in this one if the sound wasn't gone. Need a decent side scrolling beat em up. (Until I can find a copy of Aliens Versus Predator going for cheap that is!)

I remeber that being in a Snooker club in Portlaoise years back and sneaking off to play it before the Principal started 'raiding' the place :/ Does anyone remeber a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game?

Found a video but I think this is for a home console version. I liked that game alot whenever I found myself in an arcade :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bought it on Xbox Live arcade. Used to love it in the arcade and on the C64. It's a horribly frustrating and unplayable mess nowadays unfortunately.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I bought it on Xbox Live arcade. Used to love it in the arcade and on the C64. It's a horribly frustrating and unplayable mess nowadays unfortunately.

Really? That bad?

I used to play it on a Pub down in Tinnahealy all the time. (For such a small country Wicklow town, they had some great games!)

Havent played it since actually. Didn't think a side scrolling beat em up would have aged that badly?

Maybe I'll stay away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,914 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really? That bad?

I used to play it on a Pub down in Tinnahealy all the time. (For such a small country Wicklow town, they had some great games!)

Havent played it since actually. Didn't think a side scrolling beat em up would have aged that badly?

Maybe I'll stay away.

Yep it's really pants. It just so unfair there's no way of beating it without credit feeding a whole lot of change into it. There are far better side scrollers out there like the Capcom ones and later Konami ones like the Simpsons and Asterix. Have to agree with Alien vs. Predator being an absolute classic. I came close to 1 crediting that. The last time i played it properly in the arcade I was dragged off the machine after getting past the jungle level with no credits lost to see crapfest Batman Forver. Had a fiver in the machine as well :( Since lost my touch on it when playing it on mame.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phillo

In my opinion, the Turtles were lame and so was the the sequel Turtles in Time. Both were released on the similar Konami hardware that The Simpsons was, and that was lame too. As previously commented, you had to fill them with money to finish them. I think The Xmen was released as a four player game on the same hardware.

There is one good game I remember, Vendetta, that could be finished on one credit. It still comes nowhere near any of the Capcom Beat 'em ups. AVP is probably the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

My luck's holding on, so far as great finds are concerned (after the Pulstar MVS 'lost' in the Jamma cab).

This last weekend, out of a £20 deal for a basic DC setup [console (no yellowing!), sega pad, joytech memcard, power and scart leads and a ton of self-booting copies], I give you:

...an original Bleem disc for Gran Turismo 2 (on Dreamcast), in very good nick and complete in its original sleeve also in very good nick :pac: :D

Photobucketed pix to follow tonight, for posterity.

As a matter of interest, what do these fetch these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Suikoden, Legend of Dragoon, Azure Dreams and Vandal Hearts 2 in Mrs Greene's charity shop, Templeogue on Saturday. €20 for all four.

Nice find Super Furry, I spent 50+ euro for Suikoden on it's own from ebay. Legend of Dragoon unfortunately is ****ing awful.

damn that is a good find there.

All i got today really was Tekken 2 original (non platinum) with fall 1996 demo for 1.50 in rathmines.

Master of the Universe

ambro25 wrote: »

This last weekend, out of a £20 deal for a basic DC setup [console (no yellowing!),

I thought you'd given up consoles in favour of arcade hardware?

That didn't last very long, did it? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I went to Balbriggan market the other sunday, very poor showing.
    A handful of Saturn games, all I have, including Virtua Fighter 2 and else where a very soggy damp DC, not worth picking up at all.
    Aside from that there was a couple of Xbox games and thats that.
    Not great, so kept my money.

Usually there's something there of note, ah well, there's always next week

• Advertisement

I thought you'd given up consoles in favour of arcade hardware?

That didn't last very long, did it? ;)

I have ...honest :D

It's just that I'm highly unlikely to be able to get hold of a Time Crisis cab in good nick anytimne soon, and I needed a lightgun fix real bad. So the chap had an all-or-nothing, "£20 on table" invitation to treat for the DC set. I bartered him to chuck in a chipped PS1 with pad (no leads).

I bought the set for the PS1, flogged the DC lot right away (for £20 ;) see, I'm not that greedy :D) but held on to the Bleem disc (and an original HOTD2, the only game boxed/mint/w.booklet in the whole lot) as I got curious about it (I remember when they were first mooted in EDGE and other mags at the time). Plus they'll both make great stocking fillers for my 'Bro (he's the console collector now).

I know, I know ...excuses, excuses :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

I take it you held onto a CRT television to play light gun games?

Me, the feckin eejit, didn't know that was an issue a little while ago and was all excited when I picked up a copy of Crisis Zone for the ps2. Thought I'd dust off my old ps1 Gcon 45 that I haven't used in about ten years.

Damn LCD tvs!!!!!!

I take it you held onto a CRT television to play light gun games?

Nope, but -just for the purpose (and because I've been aware of LCD/100Hz/etc. compatibility issues for donkeys, what with wanting to play lightgun games with a LCD projector for years)- I grabbed a minty Toshiba NICAM 26-incher CRT TV for free through my local Freecyle (Sheffield).

... and the nice lady I picked it from also chucked in a Sony VTX D800 Freeview box (the best ever made standalone box to date) for good measure (nice, now I can eBay that piece-of-sh*t Philips DTR220 box).

:D:P

After all that, [purists look away NOW] it's got me thinking and I just might build myself a second 'console' cab, based on dimensions of my current Jamma cab. But with a standard TV, an X-arcade -based CP, a 2.1 sound system, a mame'd xbox and a PS2. Also incorporating xbox/ps2 joypad ports cut out underneath the CP (using extension leads) to plug in steering wheels and G-Cons. I think I'll start plugging away on Jamma+ for anyone nearby who's got a Jamma 26" carcass lying about for not-a-lot ;)

Master of the Universe

Okay I know ebay isn't the wild..but..

I just won a sega mega cd for €2.25.

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

12-13 years ago, as a 16 yr old in a friends house one evening drinking max dry (good God). Thumbing through a buy and sell mag left on the table I noticed an ad for "SNES with Super Wild Card". Called first thing the next morning with the most evil hangover ever and next thing I was on a train to Mayo with a carriage full of Westlife fans. Yes indeed, Westlife all the way on the train :eek: (they were playing a concert there).

Made my way back to Dublin (still dying with that hang over and westlife tunes playing in my head) then on the bus home taking up two seats with black sacks full of SNES stuff. The guy had sold me the SNES with every game for the SNES, on hundreds of floppy disks for the wildcard backup unit. Quite rare nowadays I believe...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭phillo

12-13 years ago, as a 16 yr old in a friends house one evening drinking max dry

I think I remember that session, Was it in my house?

yeah the super wild card are pretty, rare anywhom just wondering if anyone from here got the Gamegear from Barnados' in Rathmines. :D

And 01s1n great price for a megacd is it megacd 1 or 2 if its 1 congrats much better then the megacd 2:(, and ebay is like a hunting safari its in the wild but everything is really is to hunt. lol,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nah, i didnt get the gamegear, new phone instead :D

Its all good atavan at least you can use your phone its hopefully more portable, but i mean do get a gamegear they are very very good.

• Advertisement

Okay I know ebay isn't the wild..but..

I just won a sega mega cd for €2.25.

LOL.

Omg thats teh win! I'm looking for a Sega Mega CD myself. Managed to pick up Cobra Command/Sol-Feace, Thunderhawk and Final Fight CD today and hoping to get Road Avenger (oh joy!) next week. If anyone's got a spare one going, let me know!

Advertisement