Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Acacia wrote: »
    I didn't say 'fat birds' who go out with older blokes. I meant girls my age whatever they look like.

It's not about not being 'reminded that they're fat'- it's about having somebody love them for their personalities...but I'm sure such sentiments will be lost on AH...

Why can't they be liked for their personalities AND skinny bodies? Lose the weight and they can offer the best of both worlds.

Let's be honest, blaming blokes for being shallow is just dodging the issue at hand - the fatness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Older guys are less shallow....

Yeah...

Thats why they are with the 19-22 yo girls instead of a woman their own age? rofl.

I'm sure its because the younger girls are more mature or something lame like that.

There are lots of reasons why people get together. I was merely suggesting that younger women sometimes prefer older men because they are more mature than younger guys. The whole point was that they are more mature because they are not focusing on the woman's appearance. Seems to have flown over a lot of people's heads.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why can't they be liked for their personalities AND skinny bodies? Lose the weight and they can offer the best of both worlds.

Let's be honest, blaming blokes for being shallow is just dodging the issue at hand - the fatness.

"Why can't they be liked for their personalities AND skinny bodies?"

That is what I'm suggesting- maybe older men appreciate the entire package, instead of just the girls' appearance.

Why do you keep bringing weight into it? I never said the girls who go out with older men are 'fat birds'.

"Why can't they be liked for their personalities AND skinny bodies?"

That is what I'm suggesting- maybe older men appreciate the entire package, instead of just the girls' appearance.

Why do you keep bringing weight into it? I never said the girls who go out with older men are 'fat birds'.

Fine then, ugly birds. Much of a muchness really.

If a girl is a genuine horror but still makes the effort then no bother, it's the lazy ones who need a talking to.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The kind of older man going out with a younger girl is only interested in the amount of personality that is reflected by the quirky phrases on her thong.

Fine then, ugly birds. Much of a muchness really.

If a girl is a genuine horror but still makes the effort then no bother, it's the lazy ones who need a talking to.

So ugly=fat? Nice.

What do you mean by lazy and not making an effort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

and a fine beating.

The kind of older man going out with a young girl is only interested in the amount of personality that is reflected by the quirky phrases on her thong.

A twenty year old isn't a 'young girl'. This is precisely what I'm talking about. Not all older men are pervs- they might be mature enough to love the woman for who she is. That's all I'm saying.

So ugly=fat? Nice.

In general yes. Name a hot but fat girl

Keeping up appearances basically. I've seen plenty of girls who just don't make an effort to look their best and it dies them no favours. Unbrushed hair, ill fitting clothes etc etc.

So ugly=fat? Nice.

Fat is but one of the many fine subsets of the master-set known as "ugly".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Yer wan whos mother and bro were shot... actress or singer in US

She a plumper... but i still wood! (geddit?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

A twenty year old isn't a 'young girl'.

It is when you're a thirty year old man.

Unless there's something wrong with you.

Keeping up appearances basically. I've seen plenty of girls who just don't make an effort to look their best and it dies them no favours. Unbrushed hair, ill fitting clothes etc etc.

Depends what you mean by fat- there's curvy and then there's obese. In either case, not all men find super-skinny girls attractive. And there's even some- shock!- for whom weight isn't really an issue at all.

Some people just aren't hung up on their appearance. It doesn't mean, as the OP suggests, that they are un-deserving of love/relationships.

slideways wrote: »
    Yer wan whos mother and bro were shot... actress or singer in US

She a plumper... but i still wood! (geddit?)

You know if you give her the 7 year old back you'll get 100,000 for your troubles.

Depends what you mean by fat- there's curvy and then there's obese. In either case, not all men find super-skinny girls attractive. And there's even some- shock!- for whom weight isn't really an issue at all.

Some people just aren't hung up on their appearance. It doesn't mean, as the OP suggests, that they are un-deserving of love/relationships.

Size 16 and above unless she's over 6ft.

AFAIK, Marilyn Monroe was a size 16.

Not exactly.

You know if you give her the 7 year old back you'll get 100,000 for your troubles.
    Not finished with him yet.

Bet there isnt as much fuss over him as maddie, just cause he is past his prime tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Not a popular one here Ted :D *attaches flame retardant*

Just something Im wondering, but what makes a guy go out with a really really ugly bird? I dont mean one just a bit plain or with nothin about her, I mean REALLY bad.

I was on the bus today, this bird got on. Probably about 21/22, my guess being shes a retired teenage goth. Not fat, but...built. Hair trimmed to her neck length, dyed a bad looking reddish brown colour, wore thick rimmed glasses, basically the type that automatically makes the voice in your head utter "jaysus no way". So she gets off at a bus stop and into the arms of some lad who was obviously her boyfriend. And Im thinking "whats your game?". It really made me think, how does a lad go out with someone who not only makes no effort on her appearance, but seemingly goes out of the way to make herself look worse? For me to like a girl, she has to be the type who, when I see her it makes me smile, when she smiles at me it brightens up my day. How in the name of jaysus this one could evoke those type of emotions in a man purely mystify me.

I dont mean to be mean about it, but you cant help these thoughts. Ive a mate, early 30s (Im only 20 but I know him a few years), hes engaged to a bird of about 27, though she looks around 35. Im trying hard to think of a good physical aspect about her, and all I can come up with is that her body is alright, I suppose, but theres absoloutely nothin about the face, wears bad glasses and the hair is nothing special. But the odd thing is, sometimes we`ve been watching tv or whatever and some rough piece is on the box, and he would mention about how rotten looking she was. Again, not intentionally being mean, but I cant help thinking to myself "yours is worse mate". And apart from her, he seems to have good taste! Like, I dunno, Pussycat Dolls or whoever video might come on and he would say about how he`d lash it out of all them. How can he say that then look at his own bird and not see that there is utterly not one iota of comparison? For those of you who think Im being harsh, not every girl is genetically beautiful, but 90% of those who you might consider rough could make themselves look nicer if the wanted. Grow their hair a bit longer, get a decent fashion taste, that kind of thing. Personally, I know if I started going with an ugly girl, my mates would say it to my face. Theyd pretty much accuse me of selling out. And as for my family, my mams an awful critic, I dont care much for what she thinks in most aspects of my life but lord if I brought home some rough yoke, she would tell me and all. I recognise that personality is very important, but unless a good personality comes from a pretty face and well maintained body it doesnt count for much. So what makes a man go out with a munter? Depression? My above mentioned mate in his 30s used to go with a Swedish girl who I will stereotypically assume was ood looking, lived with her and all until they split, he got with the other one a few months later. I was with this one when I was 17, absoloute princess. Tall-ish, slim, brown eyed real naturally tanned complexion, raven black hair, and we got on like a house on fire, really properly liked her. Anyway, due to my retardedness it went tits up, but thats another matter. The following September I started college and got acquainted the first day with this rough as hell fat bird, and on one occasion in the first week I nearly contemplated pulling her whilst sober, due to being on such a downer from losing the other girl. Thankfully sanity got the better of me, and it gives me a chill even thinking of it now.

So, opinions? Or am I just a bastard?
    You are 100% correct. Some people just have no taste. I wouldn't even give an ugly person the time of day.

There is no such things as a human being without an iota of vanity.
    No woman, would ever want to be the uglier in a social interaction with a man.
    If you wake up horrified by the munter at your side, take a good long look at yourself before you start cribbing.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    If you wake up horrified by the munter at your side, take a good long look at yourself before you start cribbing.
    But before you do that... get the fcuk outta there.

If she is a big'un, who knows how many previous love puppets she has eaten..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 67AQUALUNG

Amen brother. You speak the truth.;)

I don't understand why you care.

You nearly had a hissy at me one day, because you interpreted something I said as a suggestion that you yourself were fat.

You got a whole lot of Mammie? Or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Well, ugly chicks are important to society, they make less attractive people feel good about themselves, the are good bodyguards for hot chicks, and they are always there to cock block for a hot bird when shes on the rag and unable to fend off men herself.

Good thing about ugly chicks too is they are very like fat women and somalian women - you know they will swallow it - in the vain hope they will get a call back or at least get on your "emergency ride list" I refer to these as "vampire bitches" - you are only going to fcuk them at night, and they better be gone before the sun comes up, otherwise they will be taken off the "emergency ride" list.

Ugly chicks are easy to keep and very low maintainance - they will do anything for some cake- they understand that you are not going to be seen dead in public, so they accept that the best you are willing to do is dominos pizza- delivered of course, naturally she pays.

Generally, one would have to go without sex for at least 3 months before they would tap an ugly wan. But in some cases when full of drink, its being known to happen that you would arrive at her door at 4am looking for somewhere to stay. Foreplay is not an option, she understands this, and gets straight to the plot. She gnerally understands that contraception is her own responsibility, however one should make sure that they carry their own, because the last thing anyman wants is to get his genes mixed up with some ugly minger with a moustache, hairy nipples and tennis elbow.

If you do get caught in that situation, the best thing i can advise is to chop her up into little pces and put her in a suitcase and send it off to St Vincent de Paul

snyper wrote: »
    the last thing anyman wants is to get his genes mixed up with some ugly minger with a moustache, hairy nipples and tennis elbow.

I am looking for a final yes/no confirmation on the existance / non-existance of hairy nipples on ladies.
    Is this you saying that, yes, you have encountered them and yes they do exist? Cos I asked google, but transsexuals can lie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I am looking for a final yes/no confirmation on the existance / non-existance of hairy nipples on ladies.
    Is this you saying that, yes, you have encountered them and yes they do exist? Cos I asked google, but transsexuals can lie.
    Well I've seen em so.....

That link won't open for me. I think Nigella Lawson is size 16 and she's a MILF. In any case, it's insulting to say fat=ugly. Just because somebody doesn't fit the norm of what is considered beautiful , it doesn't mean they any less deserving of a relationship than somebody who is considered beautiful, like OP suggests.

I encountered them as well... the game was too far in play at that stage and all I could do was ask her to turn out the light and skip to the next chapter...

Wibbs wrote: »
    Well I've seen em so.....

FFS Wibbs first it was farters and now hairy nipple owners.
    Thank god my species isn't relying on you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I get all kinds. Spread the love as it were.:pac: Next time I may aim for human though.