Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Jesjes wrote:
    IRONY!!

Pretty though...

Its ironic that in arguing your point you have shown that your own ugliness can be accepted by you only by coming online and poking holes in my posts.

Your clearly a winner. I bet your the life of any funeral you go to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

What? Lol. Are you the OP? I didnt have some serious point to make that warrented your response, I was merely extracting the urine of what I thought was a silly generalisation from a load of males without a pinch of common sense between the lot of them. That being said I didnt read past the first twenty posts...

Don't take life too seriously dude, you'll never get out alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Gopher - i'd like to see a photo of you. Those in glass houses, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

some girls/men are naturally beautiful
    some are not but make themselve beautiful thru excercise, make up m clothes etc.

Some people are not beautiful on the outside but are on the inside.

But then there are true mingins - ugly inside and out and I do wonder how they ever pull anyone/

so if a minger falls in the woods - do the trees laugh?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

so if a minger falls in the woods - do the trees laugh?

no cos then you see up their skirts...and thats no laugh matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

julep wrote:
    good looking girls with a good personality? yes.
    good looking Irish girls with a good personality? it's a rarity

Touché ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Which one are you Miss Legendary Fairy? Are you a minger or a fox... how would you categorise youself? Which small minded box would you like to enclose youself in?

Wow, I didnt realise how eagar people were to display their shallow minds publically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

Jesjes wrote:
    Wow, I didnt realise how eagar people were to display their shallow minds publically.

sorry if i seemed to be attacking you.

imo the way you describe shallow simply means human to me.

Who is to say people who are not interested in looks are just looking for another way to be accepted in a society which is based around looks and attractiveness..nobody...personally I think its a way for ugly people to feel ok about themselves.

everyone just wants to be accepted in some way or another.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

in fairness though - i wont go out with an ugly bloke - i look at one of my friends husbands (who is a lovely fanastic bloke) and wonder "how in gods name did she snog him in the first place" - he has false teeth now but when they met he had no front teeth and his bottom one were black stumps ...... and he was a scruffy rocker

personality has a lot to do with it but i would want to feel proud of the man on my arm walking down the road .......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

julep wrote:
    good looking girls with a good personality? yes.
    good looking Irish girls with a good personality? it's a rarity.

i decided to do a small experiment last night in the pub.
    i picked out 5 girls that i found attractive and attempted to chat them up.
    the looks on their faces as i introduced myself was enough to tell me that they were assholes. except for the fifth one. she was actually very nice, but had a boyfriend.
    results: 80% of women that i find aesthically pleasing are assholes.

note: this may be a Leixlip thing. results have been completely different in other towns in this country.

haha someone from Confey, was this in the O-Zone?

EDIT: Should of read the rest of the topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

no. the courtyard. i'm a bit old for the o-zone.

anyway, everyone looks the same under the sheets with the lights out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Beauty is subjective, except for the universal truths - No fat (xbox hueg) chicks and no skangers.

Some guys like blonde hair and fake tan, I don't. Some guys hate redheads and think they should be burnt, I don't.

I don't really find the stereotypes that attractive.

Froot wrote:
    sorry if i seemed to be attacking you.

imo the way you describe shallow simply means human to me.

Who is to say people who are not interested in looks are just looking for another way to be accepted in a society which is based around looks and attractiveness..nobody...personally I think its a way for ugly people to feel ok about themselves.

everyone just wants to be accepted in some way or another.

No need to apologise.

What is a way for "ugly people" to feel okay about themselves? I think you've misinterpreted my comments as something relavent to the thread... rather than just ripping the p*ss.

I just wanna be loved, oh society, why won't you accept me... :(

On a somewhat relavent note, lawl at the use of the term "ugly people". Its as if you're discussing them like they are some lower part of society that should be pitied and respected for being so brave as to live an ugly life among all you beautiful people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ugly chicks try harder.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

well according to the boozing with your GF thread, or the general jist of it anyhow, Pretty girls = high maintanence, prissy, boring to be around, witches.
    And fun girls = jeans and t-shirt, pint swilling, perhaps not so pretty.

So if you had to chose - would you go for:

the Pretty Priss
    the not so pretty up for a laugh girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

to me ugly is someone who is ugly inside and out. it can also refer to someone like Sophie Anderton - no mater how good looking that girl is on the outside she still has the personality of a hairbrush and only talks about herself now thats ugly!!

to me ugly is someone who is ugly inside and out. it can also refer to someone like Sophie Anderton - no mater how good looking that girl is on the outside she still has the personality of a hairbrush and only talks about herself now thats ugly!!
    To me an ugly person is an ugly person, brown bags can come in handy!
    A good lookin person who's ugly inside.... well then they're just a good looking asshole, a gag can sort that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Pink Bunny wrote:
    Sorry in advance for the longish reply, there's a point to it I promise :)

A couple of years ago I was at a concert and two rows ahead of us sat a couple (early-mid 20's I'd guess) She was good looking but her bf was very disfigured from what I can only can think was a fire. He had no hair and his face and arms looked like they were the result of skin grafting. It was almost painful to watch this guy because you knew that was probably the best he could ever look and just thankful to be alive. And yet you could tell from the body language that she adored him and saw the man for who he was inside.

It got me to thinking about what love really is and that I would never want a relationship based on looks because you never know what the future holds, ya know? Sure it's natural to need that first attraction at the start but ppl change as they get older anyway so after a while looks don't seem to matter as much and we look at someone differently once we get to know them.

Congrads, well said. OP, this out of all the posts on this topic is the best and most honest insight to your question. Read no further and its even on the first page and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Mrs_Doyle wrote:

the Pretty Priss

You cant just make ALL women fit into either of two different groups :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭crybaby

its mostly loneliness that results in a sort of desperation that leads to people going out with anything with a semi-decent personality and a set of breasts

there really is nothing shallow about wanting to go out with someone you find beautiful
    good looking Irish girls with a good personality? it's a rarity.

rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Yeah ur sport on Tha Gopher
    I ask myself the same questions aswell but can never seem to find an answer..
    ahwell...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    well according to the boozing with your GF thread, or the general jist of it anyhow, Pretty girls = high maintanence, prissy, boring to be around, witches.
    And fun girls = jeans and t-shirt, pint swilling, perhaps not so pretty.

So if you had to chose - would you go for:

the Pretty Priss

The high maintanence, prissy, boring bitch tbfh. At least she will still look somewhat decent in the morning. Unlike the girl in jeans and a tshirt, You will wake up next to her wandering what the hell she is.

This is shallow but beauty > brains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You, sir, are an idiot.

You cant just make ALL women fit into either of two different groups :rolleyes:
    yes you can.... those who swallow and those who dont - which type do you want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

Tha Gopher wrote:
    I was on the bus today, this bird got on. Probably about 21/22, my guess being shes a retired teenage goth. Not fat, but...built. Hair trimmed to her neck length, dyed a bad looking reddish brown colour, wore thick rimmed glasses, basically the type that automatically makes the voice in your head utter "jaysus no way". So she gets off at a bus stop and into the arms of some lad who was obviously her boyfriend. And Im thinking "whats your game?". It really made me think, how does a lad go out with someone who not only makes no effort on her appearance, but seemingly goes out of the way to make herself look worse? For me to like a girl, she has to be the type who, when I see her it makes me smile, when she smiles at me it brightens up my day. How in the name of jaysus this one could evoke those type of emotions in a man purely mystify me.

Other people's relationships are not there for random, post-teenage oiks on the bus to understand.

The very fact that the woman in question was not tarted up is an indication that she has no interest in attracting the sexual advances of gangly eejits on the bus. I personally would find it highly unattractive if I thought my girlfriend paused on the way to work or whatever in the moring and thought "oh, what will boys I've never met before think of me?" and proceded to blow half an hour of her precious life applying expensive products to here face.

The mistake here is yours - in sizing up every woman you see as a potential mate, and wondering why she isn't done up for you....maybe she doesn't want you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Nightwish wrote:
    I'd be what the OP would consider ugly.

Yeah, probably :D

As AB04 and a few others said, I dont have contempt for these girls. I just think that its weird that a man will be attracted to a girl appearance who, in my view, makes absoloutely no effort to look good. If I went to a club wearing a torn, beer stained shirt, and if I hadnt had a wash and has unkempt hair and smelled of B.O, I wouldnt expect to pull. Theres only a certain amount a man can do to change his appearance (Im rockin a goatee after shaving the surrounding 2 week beard on Saturday. 3 birds since after a 5 week drought, Im keepin this mofo :D) . But a girl can grow her hair long, can do away with the bad glasses, she can do alot of things. As I said previously, every gorgeous girl I know could seriously mess herself up by trimming off their long hair or whathaveya. But they have the sense not to. Men chasing ugly women is almost counter evoloutionary. The reason a typical man likes a slim blue eyed blonde with a good complexion is genetic, subconsciously your thinking she will bear healthy children. Probably the ugliest girl I can think of is yer one of the HB Ice Cream ad, the goth girl. Now if she took off all that crap she might be alright, who knows. But to deliberately make yourself look like that, good god. Theres actually nothing worse than when you see a goth girl who actually has a pretty face, but shes wearing dog collars on her neck, dyed her hair purple/green and all that crap.

hot2def- sorry, but tbh I think anyones day is brightened up if they think someone fancies them. If Im walking down the road and some nice bird takes a quick glance at me and smiles, it gives me a lift. In work when I get into waffle filled flirtatious banter with the utterly beautiful long dark haired Spanish girl who works in the canteen, it truly brightens up what is otherwise a very long, depressing day, I actually hate the days shes not on the till and I dont see her (due to my hours, I work an awful afternoon to night shift, I even have to take mybreaks on my own because nobody else is on with me. Hafta get off it soon). When you glance at a girl in the street,you can tell she appreciates being noticed. So what myp point is is how the fcuk do these ones who make no effort not even care about this kind of thing?

Tha Gopher wrote:
    hot2def- sorry, but tbh I think anyones day is brightened up if they think someone fancies them. If Im walking down the road and some nice bird takes a quick glance at me and smiles, it gives me a lift. In work when I get into waffle filled flirtatious banter with the utterly beautiful long dark haired Spanish girl who works in the canteen, it truly brightens up what is otherwise a very long, depressing day, I actually hate the days shes not on the till and I dont see her (due to my hours, I work an awful afternoon to night shift, I even have to take mybreaks on my own because nobody else is on with me. Hafta get off it soon). When you glance at a girl in the street,you can tell she appreciates being noticed. So what myp point is is how the fcuk do these ones who make no effort not even care about this kind of thing?

I know its tough for a 20 year old bloke to imagine, but not everyone is like you. It can be deeply uncomfortable, and occasionally threatening, to recieve advances from a stranger, especially if you are alone....

but that was not my point. Some women may feel their lives are busy enoguh without bothering themselves about whether men they have no interest in find them attractive. What make you so special that a stranger should "put some effort in" for you?

Your misogynist attitude lies not in the fact that you judge a woman on how she looks, but in the fact that you bitch for a paragraph about a girls behaviour, and then ask what her boyfriend thinks. Seems to me that females aren't whole people to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Tha Gopher wrote:
    (Im rockin a goatee after shaving the surrounding 2 week beard on Saturday. 3 birds since after a 5 week drought, Im keepin this mofo :D)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha :-D Ah I love it! :rolleyes:

On a seperate note, that girl has a partner, while you are engaging in some desperate chat at the till. Clearly personality must count for something...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

But a girl can grow her hair long, can do away with the bad glasses, she can do alot of things. As I said previously, every gorgeous girl I know could seriously mess herself up by trimming off their long hair or whathaveya.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Believe it or not, long hair doesn't actually suit some people. Geez.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement