Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

You know her do you? :D "oh my god, this guy who doesnt like ugly girls has told us he likes chatting to a nice looking girl in work. Lets deride it":p Pathetic

Define irony- people with ugly girlfriends calling people with a bit of taste desperate and low brow. This thread has seen a great deal of bull and sense tbh. Im not saying lads cant go out with an ugly girl, my point is merely why anyone would want to do it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Finally read the OP:
    Personally, I know if I started going with an ugly girl, my mates would say it to my face.
    Probably because they're as pathetic and empty between the ears as you are. Oh, grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

you didn't read or understand what I typed.

You get the tourists you advertise for. Maybe these girls aren't advertising for you. If you tart yourself up, fake tan, tramp stamp lower back tribal tattoo, high lights, blow job lip gloss, fake nails, peirced belly button etc you are going to attract men who are concerned foremost with how a girl looks.

If you dress down, nose ring, long dark hair in your face with purple bits, new rock boots and dark rimmed glasses, you are going to be studiously ignored by those guys (score!) and end up with a hairy rocker guy, who likes someone to go gigs and the pub with.

Everyone's happy.

I like the way you entirely reinforced my point about misogyny though. good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Tbh, I wouldn't mind a bit of the op's bus girl.
    But then again people think I'm 'weird'. For instance one of CSG's friends at boards beers called me a 'freak' which has given me a lot to think about.

Post up a few chicks (ugly and attractive) from a google image search and we'll judge your taste in teh ladiez.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

hot2def wrote:
    tramp stamp lower back tribal tattoo
    :D:D
    ROFL i love it cos its sooo true! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

tramp stamp

I like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭upsfan

hot2def wrote:
    If you tart yourself up, fake tan, tramp stamp lower back tribal tattoo, high lights, blow job lip gloss, fake nails, peirced belly button etc you are going to attract men who are concerned foremost with how a girl looks.
    Ok, I understand all of this except the "blow job lip gloss" bit. Several times in this thread posters have referred to this or "blow job lips." Please explain. With pictures if possible.

Google Angelina Jolie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭cheeky_guy

I thought ugly chicks were just put on this earth so ugly guys will be able to find someone to go off with??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

no, they're just here to remind us that we could have been like that.... so appreciate that your not!
    a671.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

upsfan wrote:
    Ok, I understand all of this except the "blow job lip gloss" bit. Several times in this thread posters have referred to this or "blow job lips." Please explain. With pictures if possible.

I meant that hideous, thick, translucent, semi-sparkly lip gloss which seems to be in lately...vile. you couldn't eat, talk, or exist outside of a clean-room environment wearing it....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Im not saying lads cant go out with an ugly girl, my point is merely why anyone would want to do it.

Because perhaps there is more to a human being than just how much you wanna stick it in them. You know, like depth, personality, charachter...

If all these big words confuse you, dont worry too much... it doesnt really matter to people with your brain capabilities anyway.

Personally, I am grateful for people as shallow as you, because if there wasnt enough of you to date each other then all us ugos might have to deal with you more often than retarded hilarious threads in the internets.

OP, just quit.

Jes is going to kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Jesjes wrote:
    Because perhaps there is more to a human being than just how much you wanna stick it in them.

There's more ;):D

each to their own. How sexy and attractive a person is, doesn't just take into account their physical attributes. Sometimes their eyes are enough to blow you away, sometimes it's their smile or how comfortable they are with themselves and around you. Sometimes it's their intelligence, or sense of humour, or just how you feel when you're around them.

You're closing yourself off from a world of experiences by basing your opinions on a first glance at someone. You'll be the poorer for that, but it is your choice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Ahh the youth of today.. OP how that will change when you grow up mate. :rolleyes:

Ever heard of the guy who married the stunning looking girl, fab body, amazing face, perfect in everyway looks wise and she was a complete b*tch.

20 years later when the looks had faded and body parts started sagging, he realised that all he had was a b*tch and a bitter one as her looks had gone..

Looks dont last forever, granted you do see the odd mature lady who is still very attractive, but you cant halt the effects of time.

Personality, intelligence and a sense of humour all add a lot more to a girl than just looks.

I worked in the bar trade for years and being a barman you do get a fair amount of attention from female customers, no idea why, but you just do. A fair few of them have been very good looking, but within about 5 minutes of chatting to some of them, you're thinkin to yourself..

"jeez girl you really are a complete idiot/bitch/slapper/bimbo or all of the above.. "

If you're going for a girl, decide she's the one and want to marry her. Would you prefer to marry a stunner who's looks will be gone in a few years when everything goes to sag or a nice, easy going sound girl, great personality, sense of humour, someone you can have a conversation with and basically be one of your best mates?

I know what I'd go for. If she has looks, added bonus, but I wouldnt be using it as the sole reason for liking a girl.

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

We seem to be back to this thing again that there is no such thing as a good looking Irish girl with a good personality. Its as if you are saying "right Gopher, heres your choice. You marry the pretty spastic and be divorced before your 35 or you marry the heavy set good time girl and live happily ever after". Eh, wheres option c, the pretty girl with the nice personality? I know beautiful looking sh1theads. I know ugly sh1theads. I know sound as a pound beauts, and I know sound as pound birds who dont really look after themselves. I dont see where age and immaturity come into anything. If some of you guys are happy to go with some girl who makes absoloutely no effort to look good, who is really unstylish and has really bad hair/specs, then you go for it. Its less competition for those of us with taste :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

bluewolf wrote:
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Believe it or not, long hair doesn't actually suit some people. Geez.
    It's actually more or less hardwired into the ol' male circuitry that long hair equates healthy.
    Jesjes wrote:
    Because perhaps there is more to a human being than just how much you wanna stick it in them. You know, like depth, personality, charachter...

If all these big words confuse you, dont worry too much... it doesnt really matter to people with your brain capabilities anyway.

Jesus JesJes, if you're going to insult his intelligence at least spell the words you're using correctly.

As for ThaGopher's post, I do see where he's coming from, and honestly, I'm not surprised at the reactions he got. I don't want to stike any nasty chords that will resound with those posters with particularily vehement replies, so I'll leave it at that.

We are hardwired to reproduce healthy offspring. It's an old part of human circuitry, and it hasn't "evolved" with human civilisation, morals, and views on political correctness.

"Good looking" is certainly subjective, in fact, looks are all subjective, but models are models for a reason, and that reason is that the vast majority of living males will find them hot.

Why?

Because they are the successful result of human mating, and carry the traits necessary to reproduce effectively. This, of course, isn't always the result, hence why we're even having this discussion in the first place :)

'sup minority!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

CuLT wrote:
    "Good looking" is certainly subjective, in fact, looks are all subjective, but models are models for a reason, and that reason is that the vast majority of living males will find them hot.

Why?

Because they are the successful result of human mating, and carry the traits necessary to reproduce effectively. This, of course, isn't always the result, hence why we're even having this discussion in the first place :)

'sup minority!
    rawr.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

julep wrote:
    hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Tha Gopher wrote:

It makes you realise the poor guy must really truly fear death in his homeland if hes deported to sink so low :D I can imagine them pleading their case to McDowell "you see woman i marry? Surely dat proof I will do ANYTHING to stay!"

You hit the nail on the head. These birds are so damn desperate for a bit of meat. The stupid thing is they believe the guys are with them for love and because they are gorgeous. Mutts!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

I see alot more ugly guys with good looking girls than good looking guys with ugly girls. Infact i see alot more good looking girls that guys full stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

CuLT wrote:
    It's actually more or less hardwired into the ol' male circuitry that long hair equates healthy.
    lol - thats nonsense. I like short hair on girls and so do lots of other guys.

Why?

'sup minority!

So how do you explain that in the early twentieth century the ideal woman was slightly fat around the edges? just look at paintings by people like Renoir et al.
    Models are creations by powerful (men ??? ) and ultra skinny models are just a trend really, and not the culmination of all the great breeding in the world.
    Its a bit like saying blonde hair and blue eyes is the best that the human genetic line can get...and we all know who said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

ToxicPaddy wrote:

"jeez girl you really are a complete idiot/bitch/slapper/bimbo or all of the above.. "
    hot2def wrote:
    . If you tart yourself up, fake tan, tramp stamp lower back tribal tattoo, high lights, blow job lip gloss, fake nails, peirced belly button etc you are going to attract men who are concerned foremost with how a girl looks.

If you dress down, nose ring, long dark hair in your face with purple bits, new rock boots and dark rimmed glasses, you are going to be studiously ignored by those guys (score!) and end up with a hairy rocker guy, who likes someone to go gigs and the pub with.

There seems to be no middle ground here.

There's plenty of 'hot' girls who aren't any of the above.
    It's a bit sad to think that you either belong to one stereotype or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭greenkittie

adonis wrote:
    CuLT wrote:

Short hair on girls, something i'll never understand. Long hair has always been a symbol of femininity, i dont think i would be half as attractive if i had short hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, There are many great looking people out there but are ugly inside,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

adonis wrote:
    Not on all girls now, but some girls are able to pull off the short hair thing, and still look damn sexy at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

exactly, i always think that a good looking girl with short hair is very very good looking...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

OP, I understand j00. People who say they DONT have standards as to what they will date are lying. Life is full of things you like and dislike, music, food, people, etc, and all of us judge people on the way they dress, look, smell, etc.

I personally only associate with people who I find aesthethic to me, because I have a really bad habit of blurting out what i'm actually thinking about people (I guess my freudian id is closer to my conscious ;)) so if all I blurt out around good looking people is compliments everyones happy. My friends actually appreciate my honesty because I never sugarcoat anything I tell them about their dress or style and expect the same likewise.

Now, this isn't to say I don't find "fat burds" attractive, or older women... I just know what my eye finds aesthethic. I worked in a petrol station part time when I was in college and seen all types of woman. Attitude has a lot to do with it imho, there was this overweight woman in her mid-20's (maybe 250lbs) but she was quite buxom, and had an amazing personality and I found her quite attractive because of it, then there was this archetypal model who had the personality of a corpse who I would cross the street to avoid.

I do have to agree with one of juleps previous statements
    good looking girls with a good personality? yes.
    good looking Irish girls with a good personality? it's a rarity.

True that, NONE of my male friends are dating Irish women for this exact reason. I'm personally married to a canadian for this very reason. Theres a severe vacuum of very beautiful sound women in Ireland at the moment, i'm not saying there isn't any, just the ones that exist are all taken. Its like when you see an ATM that nobody is using in the city, it looks to good to be true from a distance then when you get up to it you realise its empty which is why nobodies going near it :D My friend brought back a group of swedish blondes from his year over there who all thought they where your run of the mill average girls, ergo they wheren't pretentious, but they where stunning by our standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

ah to revive such a amusing thread will please me greatly :)

I've a small lesson learnt recently i wouldnt mind putting fourth. its late so if i dont capitalise or spell right, kma, im also in a very lazy postion atm where the shift key is too far to bother with.

I noticed about 2 months ago that i was doing split second judgments on girls based on thier looks. I always knew i liked stunning girls but i had become down right a shallow bollox in reality. I even started to just take NO interest in talking to an ugly* girl as a person in my class or being far more eager to help a fox. So i really started thinking then about this stuff and i was going through my friends in my head, It turned out i was associating with foxy girls simply because they were great to look at or watever(wink). I had nothing in common with these girls and sum of them were just ****ing stupid to be around. mindless mtv raised type of people.

I began working at overcoming this new age racism i had adopted, It was disgusting me that i ever let myself become such filth. wth is the difference between thinking sum1 who is ugly is less than u and thinking sum1 40 years old or black is less than u. nothing at all. I was sickened. It took serious will power, i'd never have guessed it was so trained on me. after much effort ive started seeing people who arent stunners as pretty because of sumthing on them, the way they move, the fact that they helped sum1 in front of me, a polite word. Just not regular 'hot' stuff. I really am trying hard to completely abolish looks from my thinking on other people(well within reason, basic grooming is essential, like combing hair)
    So I've really come to believe that although looks can provide an attraction, there are serverly misplaced views on wat attractive is, I was amazed when i got back from florida recently of how much i actually just missed was an irish girls face looked like, thier shape of the nose, thier cheeks is all different than florida girls who would normally be considered hot by anyone with a penis and listens to mtv.
    I like to take care of my self well, work out, eat right , dress nice so seeing a huge person to me is ugly, but mostly for health reasons. Ive still a way to go obviously but looks are becoming less meaniful in my life and im meeting SOO many "good" people because of it. Some stunner now can expect the exact same treatment from me that a pimple riddled person can. fair. Also this has given me a easier time talking to a beautiful girl as i dont think they are anything more than any of my friends which i talk to anytime. (that very point come across ok?..difficult to word)

Im 5.7 on hot or not, so being nothing but barely average myself i dont think the "u must be ugly arguments" or stereotypes of being good looking apply to this post. hopefully ppl will take it as genuine

737363 people think no part of my post is ripping off maddox entries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i couldn't read that.
    could you please retype it without the txt spk?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement