Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

gamer wrote:
    they know they,ll get sex ,ugly birds try harder they are more grateful,beautiful girls tend to be spoilt ,much more demanding ,re presents ,take me to a fancy restaurant buy gifts,sum blokes want sum1 to cooking cleaning whatever,they may think i,ll be the boss in this relationship.beautiful women tend to be high maintenance.Maybe its just easier cheaper ,less chance of rejection from some1 plain.

if i'm with a girl i tend to buy them fancy stuff anyway. i'd like to think most men would be nice enough to throw around a bit of jewellery now and then. even the most beautiful of women appreciate it IMO. granted, i've never come across a prissy bitch before :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Catney

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Does it not?

My friend is currently going out with a cracker, and shes bang on to boot. Before her, he was an alcoholic, drunk every night. He was addicted to gambling. He was doing acid, ecstasy or coke roughly 3-4 times in an average week. At one point he ended up stealing to fund his drinking. Hes my best mate but it got to the point where I wouldnt leave money lying around if he was in the gaff, he was gettin into a right downward spiral. Since he met her, hes totally knocked the gambling on the head (amazing- Ive been telling him since the age of 15 that the only people rich from gambling are Paddy Power and William Hill. Hes with a bird 2 minutes who presumably tells him the same and hes off it for good), largely restricts the drug use to the odd dance events and such and hes drinking less (like myself and everyone else, he drinks alot on a night out, but hes largely quit the fcuked up 24/7 life he used to have). So Id hardly think you can say she hasnt bettered him somewhat.

Mind you, when he inevitably fcuks it all up he will be back to his old ways again.
    TomCo, D- Generate, CoolSmileyGirl, The B Man after a shaky start this thread is finally starting to become sensible :)

Particularly on the dancefloor if they mistake the lyrics of a song being played as somehow being in relation to them. Some arse bangin into you shouting "DONT YA WISH YOUR GIRL-FRIEND WAS HOT LIKE ME?!?!"

Your not hot darlin, your just overheated and sweating profusely.

Another awful one is when someone puts on James Blunt on the jukebox and the pissed fat oul ones think Your Beautiful was written about them.

well you better hope that she doesnt dump him, or he will hit all his old vices hard. A woman shouldnt be the catylst for change, you have to do these things yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

stepbar wrote:
    cause fat girls need loving too :Dand they are more "adventurous" than most other girls.....

And that my friends is a fact, plain and simple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Sorry if this has been said before but this could just as easily be "Ugly lads, why do girls bother?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Big Mickey? Money ? Power ?

TK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Ugly birds- why do lads bother?

you make it sound like most lads have a choice.

if a guys ugly, out of shape himself, then, unless he's rich or famous, he doesn't really have much options, other than an equally ugly girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Fat girls are like scooters.......

.....there fun to ride till your friends find out.

Personal taste at the end of the day i suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Not a popular one here Ted :D *attaches flame retardant*

Just something Im wondering, but what makes a guy go out with a really really ugly bird? I dont mean one just a bit plain or with nothin about her, I mean REALLY bad.

I was on the bus today, this bird got on. Probably about 21/22, my guess being shes a retired teenage goth. Not fat, but...built. Hair trimmed to her neck length, dyed a bad looking reddish brown colour, wore thick rimmed glasses, basically the type that automatically makes the voice in your head utter "jaysus no way". So she gets off at a bus stop and into the arms of some lad who was obviously her boyfriend. And Im thinking "whats your game?". It really made me think, how does a lad go out with someone who not only makes no effort on her appearance, but seemingly goes out of the way to make herself look worse? For me to like a girl, she has to be the type who, when I see her it makes me smile, when she smiles at me it brightens up my day. How in the name of jaysus this one could evoke those type of emotions in a man purely mystify me.

I dont mean to be mean about it, but you cant help these thoughts. Ive a mate, early 30s (Im only 20 but I know him a few years), hes engaged to a bird of about 27, though she looks around 35. Im trying hard to think of a good physical aspect about her, and all I can come up with is that her body is alright, I suppose, but theres absoloutely nothin about the face, wears bad glasses and the hair is nothing special. But the odd thing is, sometimes we`ve been watching tv or whatever and some rough piece is on the box, and he would mention about how rotten looking she was. Again, not intentionally being mean, but I cant help thinking to myself "yours is worse mate". And apart from her, he seems to have good taste! Like, I dunno, Pussycat Dolls or whoever video might come on and he would say about how he`d lash it out of all them. How can he say that then look at his own bird and not see that there is utterly not one iota of comparison? For those of you who think Im being harsh, not every girl is genetically beautiful, but 90% of those who you might consider rough could make themselves look nicer if the wanted. Grow their hair a bit longer, get a decent fashion taste, that kind of thing. Personally, I know if I started going with an ugly girl, my mates would say it to my face. Theyd pretty much accuse me of selling out. And as for my family, my mams an awful critic, I dont care much for what she thinks in most aspects of my life but lord if I brought home some rough yoke, she would tell me and all. I recognise that personality is very important, but unless a good personality comes from a pretty face and well maintained body it doesnt count for much. So what makes a man go out with a munter? Depression? My above mentioned mate in his 30s used to go with a Swedish girl who I will stereotypically assume was ood looking, lived with her and all until they split, he got with the other one a few months later. I was with this one when I was 17, absoloute princess. Tall-ish, slim, brown eyed real naturally tanned complexion, raven black hair, and we got on like a house on fire, really properly liked her. Anyway, due to my retardedness it went tits up, but thats another matter. The following September I started college and got acquainted the first day with this rough as hell fat bird, and on one occasion in the first week I nearly contemplated pulling her whilst sober, due to being on such a downer from losing the other girl. Thankfully sanity got the better of me, and it gives me a chill even thinking of it now.

So, opinions? Or am I just a bastard?

Didn't read the whole thread there, just skimmed through it, so maybe someone has mentioned this before, but if not I think I may be able to de-mystify you.

Ugly girls are easy.

Maybe your man has ten of them on the go at any given time. Now I'm not a fan of the ugly birds myself, now I'm now oil painting myself and I don't think I'm really a shallow person but it's just a girl has to be smoking hot to interest me. But feed ten pints into me and offer me sex with no attatchments at 3am when I haven't pulled that night and I'm probably gonna mother fukking take it. Now you are always in for a bit of a scare in the morning when you wake up and realise what you did, but sometimes it can be worth it, ugly girls apart from being easy are also very eager to please.

Wait wait........ what I mean to say is maybe she had a nice personality.

anyone else feel they'll never go out wit an ugly bird cause of the standards set by brothers?

i've a few bout 10 years older than me nd every girl they've ever takin home, including wives are stunning.... long term girlfriends and wives who are hot and sound.

see after that, i'll never bring a munter home and have my mum feel like she has to make a salad for dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

AHH!
    ZOMBIE THREAD!

KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

slipss wrote: »
    But feed ten pints into me and offer me sex with no attatchments at 3am when I haven't pulled that night and I'm probably gonna mother fukking take it.

Snyper, I found one! GET HIM!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. i thought it was a new thread.. whoever opened it back up , owes me ten minute back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Fat girls are like scooters.......

.....there fun to ride till your friends find out.

I disagree, the only fat girl I rode just lay there like a beached whale, had to check her pulse at one stage to make sure she was still alive, not sure what this says about my performance but oh well :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

When there's no more room in the archive, necro-threads will walk the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

fat ugly chicks are dirty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

How did a Guest manage to post in this thread.. surely this wasnt in PI?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

beauty is in the eye of the beholder--when i was on the old merchant ships when we landed in port all the lads would rush to the bars to pick up girls--the older wise allways looked for the ugly girls because it was said ::rolleyes:go for the ugly one and you wont catch a dose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

slideways wrote: »
    How did a Guest manage to post in this thread.. surely this wasnt in PI?

It belongs in PI tbh. Ugly birds are out there reeking havoc on disheartened men, we have to stop them and help the OP!

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    It belongs in PI tbh. Ugly birds are out there reeking havoc on disheartened men, we have to stop them and help the OP!

Too true... fat chicks and married burds shouldn't be allowed in Nite clubs neither.

Its just the bulky Irish hags taking up room on all them pretty foreign burds:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    Not a popular one here Ted :D *attaches flame retardant*

Just something Im wondering, but what makes a guy go out with a really really ugly bird? I dont mean one just a bit plain or with nothin about her, I mean REALLY bad.

I was on the bus today, this bird got on. Probably about 21/22, my guess being shes a retired teenage goth. Not fat, but...built. Hair trimmed to her neck length, dyed a bad looking reddish brown colour, wore thick rimmed glasses, basically the type that automatically makes the voice in your head utter "jaysus no way". So she gets off at a bus stop and into the arms of some lad who was obviously her boyfriend. And Im thinking "whats your game?". It really made me think, how does a lad go out with someone who not only makes no effort on her appearance, but seemingly goes out of the way to make herself look worse? For me to like a girl, she has to be the type who, when I see her it makes me smile, when she smiles at me it brightens up my day. How in the name of jaysus this one could evoke those type of emotions in a man purely mystify me.

I dont mean to be mean about it, but you cant help these thoughts. Ive a mate, early 30s (Im only 20 but I know him a few years), hes engaged to a bird of about 27, though she looks around 35. Im trying hard to think of a good physical aspect about her, and all I can come up with is that her body is alright, I suppose, but theres absoloutely nothin about the face, wears bad glasses and the hair is nothing special. But the odd thing is, sometimes we`ve been watching tv or whatever and some rough piece is on the box, and he would mention about how rotten looking she was. Again, not intentionally being mean, but I cant help thinking to myself "yours is worse mate". And apart from her, he seems to have good taste! Like, I dunno, Pussycat Dolls or whoever video might come on and he would say about how he`d lash it out of all them. How can he say that then look at his own bird and not see that there is utterly not one iota of comparison? For those of you who think Im being harsh, not every girl is genetically beautiful, but 90% of those who you might consider rough could make themselves look nicer if the wanted. Grow their hair a bit longer, get a decent fashion taste, that kind of thing. Personally, I know if I started going with an ugly girl, my mates would say it to my face. Theyd pretty much accuse me of selling out. And as for my family, my mams an awful critic, I dont care much for what she thinks in most aspects of my life but lord if I brought home some rough yoke, she would tell me and all. I recognise that personality is very important, but unless a good personality comes from a pretty face and well maintained body it doesnt count for much. So what makes a man go out with a munter? Depression? My above mentioned mate in his 30s used to go with a Swedish girl who I will stereotypically assume was ood looking, lived with her and all until they split, he got with the other one a few months later. I was with this one when I was 17, absoloute princess. Tall-ish, slim, brown eyed real naturally tanned complexion, raven black hair, and we got on like a house on fire, really properly liked her. Anyway, due to my retardedness it went tits up, but thats another matter. The following September I started college and got acquainted the first day with this rough as hell fat bird, and on one occasion in the first week I nearly contemplated pulling her whilst sober, due to being on such a downer from losing the other girl. Thankfully sanity got the better of me, and it gives me a chill even thinking of it now.

So, opinions? Or am I just a bastard?

Wow, I can't believe you're the same age as me (actually slightly older.) You really need to grow up, matey.

This, ladies and gents, is the reason girls my age (19,20, 21, etc) go out with older blokes in their late twenties and thirties. Because there is a slim chance they may have taken their heads out of their arses by that age.

All the other stuff 'beauty is in eye of the beholder' and all that has already been said, so I won't repeat it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Acacia wrote: »
    Wow, I can't believe you're the same age as me (actually slightly older.) You really need to grow up, matey.

This, ladies and gents, is the reason girls my age (19,20, 21, etc) go out with older blokes in their late twenties and thirties. Because there is a slim chance they may have taken their heads out of their arses by that age.

All the other stuff 'beauty is in eye of the beholder' and all that has already been said, so I won't repeat it.

Im sure he is really sorry for saying that two years ago.
    We asked 100 people what the number 1 reason why girls aged 19, 20, 21 etc tend to go out with older men and our answer is:

Daddy issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

We asked 100 people what the number 1 reason why girls aged 19, 20, 21 etc tend to go out with older men and our answer is:

Daddy issues.

What about 19 20 21 year old boys who go out with older women? Surely not mammy issues???

No.. the ans is an easy lay

Im sure he is really sorry for saying that two years ago.

Daddy issues.

Damn necro-threads! :P

"Daddy issues''- nah, though some people never grow up, my experience is that older guys are more mature (obviously), less shallow and all the rest of it, than younger guys.

Damn necro-threads! :P

"Daddy issues''- nah, though some people never grow up, my experience is that older guys are more mature (obviously), less shallow and all the rest of it, than younger guys.

Older guys who go out with 18 / 19 / 20 year old girls are a LOT more shallow than younger guys and generally to be avoided and are quite often naked under that wintercoat with clingfilm wrapped around their genitalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So fat birds go out with older blokes so they don't have to be reminded that they're fat?

Better off just losing the weight tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Older guys are less shallow....

Yeah...

Thats why they are with the 19-22 yo girls instead of a woman their own age? rofl.

I'm sure its because the younger girls are more mature or something lame like that.

slideways wrote: »
    No.. the ans is an easy lay

too true Mr. Ways. When a man is going out with a young girl, he is fulfilling the prevailing dream of our generation by tapping that hot near-jailbait ass.
    Many a complicated well-rounded mature gent has been led astray by this dream. The reality, however, often involved Hannah Montana. Or if you are of an older generation, Sabrina the teenage witch may bring back pleasant memories.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So fat birds go out with older blokes so they don't have to be reminded that they're fat?

Better off just losing the weight tbh

I didn't say 'fat birds' who go out with older blokes. I meant girls my age whatever they look like.

It's not about not being 'reminded that they're fat'- it's about having somebody love them for their personalities...but I'm sure such sentiments will be lost on AH...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

OP, have sex, then you'll know why lads will go out with "ugly" brids.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement