Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best and worst customer service experiences [rant & praise]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Cianos wrote: »
    Misquote here I think?

nope, i was segueing between two points.

The first part was in reference to the sky/watershed/madness post the second being against the general "PC WORLD ARE WORSE THAN ROBO-HITLER" style posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Energizeer

Chorus! omg Chorus! a UPC company. These guys could give lessons on how not to do business. I'm not even go into it, every single level of their customer service is pure SH!T!

2nd to chorus would be Dell Computers. They are skillful at making crap computers, missing deadlines and completely random fck ups they have all the time.
    I ring them
    "Where's my order that I placed last month?!?!"
    SalesPerson:"Um sir, it says here you placed that order today?"
    Me: "NO I didn't"
    SalesPerson: "Yes you did. At 2.54pm today"
    Me:"what time is it now?"
    SalesPerson:"2 um 54.... uh your order will be shipped in 10 days. Is there anything else?"
    ME:"are you going to even apologize for your mistake!?"
    SalesPerson:"Sir it is unfortunate that your order has not been processed. It will have to be processed now."
    So the prat wouldn't even say sorry or move me upto next day delivery. Wha ta fuking joke like.

I'm amazed that they can do business this way. They won't last like.

Lidl products also suck!

Colour clashing is when you stab a customer in the face and the blood gets on your shirt.

That makes sense. I suppose........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Won't go for food in Cafe Irie in temple bar again - experience was most times I ate there, despite the food being exempliary, I was always waiting for food, once (due to stupidity perhaps) near 40 minutes - the second time this happened I never returned. Staff had been surley despite tipping. Pretentious bohemian gimps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

i was in the flowing tide pub a few years ago..... the pub is now closed down so im delighted

Gah! When did it close down? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

I'm fairly sure that is not their job. I'd be stroppy too if i kept getting hapless members of the public strolling over to ask if this printer will work with their gamestation two when that's not what i'm getting hired to do.

Besides, i'd only go in there if i knew what i was looking for. If you're asking people in PC world what to buy, you're already doing it wrong.
    They sell you stuff, don't expect them to actually know jack**** about what they are selling, you wouldn't ask somone working in pennys for fashion advice, would you?

(and if you would, you shouldn't. I used to work there and i can't tell when colours clash)

You quoted my post. Did you read it? I said I was directed to an "expert" who would be able to answer my questions about the video card I wanted to buy. Therefore yes he should know about the products, wether he did or not I don't know as I was ignored, this is where the common courtesy element of my post comes in i.e. actually speaking with me! Hopefully you will actually read this one.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Eircom

UTV Broadband

Prestige Insurance - told me they were refusing my claim for storm damage, sent me a letter and then wrote to me again 6 months letter and told me that as they hadnt received any receipts from me they were cancelling my claim!!!!!!!!

CCPP Insurance - Took my direct debit every month then when i made a claim, they cancelled my policy, claiming that i never had a policy with them - solicitors were involved

The Insurance Company Harvey Norman use, had to take them to the small claims court - they settle before it got to court but it still took a year and half to get my insurance money refunded.

Vodafone - charged me for calls overseas when i clearly wasnt overseas

Tesco both garage and shop - ignorant idiots

NTL - obvious reasons

any resturant who serve me fish claiming it to be the vegetarian option

Marks and Spencers - that shop is just lazy people

Woodies in Finglas - when you can find staff, they are rude and stupid

thats all for now, i will probably think up more later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Smokes for *anyone* in duty free.

Them: "Fer Fuxake Frank, I'm going to buy them anyway - it'll just cost me more!!"

Me: "No. They're bad for ye. Will you not have a litre of vodka instead?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Gah! When did it close down? :eek:

a good while now, possibly 2 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Tesco - Shít quality fruit and vegetables, products out of date left on the shelves, and a general attitude of "we are rogering you up the brown eye and there is nothing you can do about it". Lidl and Superquinn for all groceries going forward.

Eircom: Absolutely no concept of customer service. A particularly obnoxious agent told me to shut up when I rang them before. I spent three weeks trying to find someone who would reply to the complaint I submitted. Nothing. I then found out the email address of the chief executive, and emailed him my original complaint, alongside the email addresses of all the people who ignored me, and a copy of a contract indicating that I was moving €50K worth of business to a new telco supplier.

A very large amount of pubs in Dublin city centre no longer get my custom. Obnoxious bouncers, a rubbish range of piss poor beer, a man in the toilets handing me sheets of paper to dry my hands, surly staff. And they wonder why they are haemorrhaging customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Free range only
    I'll never get Cilit Bang, such annoying ads. Actually hate any pink detergent because of this.
    I never fill up at Shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Personally I won't go to those ****e nightclubs Lilly's, Annabelle's, Lizzy's, Trixibelle's - all those sorts.

Include Velvet Nightclub in Swords in that. They refused to allow me wear a Santa hat on christmas weekend as it wasnt the "dress code". That i could just about get my head around, but the bouncers were actually appalling and your wan valerie roe was an ignorant cow at the door.

Cillit Bang just because the ad is sooo annoying!

Four Star Pizza due to delivery of a pizza 2 and a half hours later that was freezing cold and shockingly bad customer service.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I have not shopped in Dunnes Stores since 1984 after their treatment of the anti-apartheid strikers and their complete disregard for what was going on in South Africa at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Beruthiel wrote: »
    I have not shopped in Dunnes Stores since 1984 after their treatment of the anti-apartheid strikers and their complete disregard for what was going on in South Africa at the time.
    Wow, you're old... :D All i was concerned about in 1984 was some woman shoving tits in my face.

You quoted my post. Did you read it? I said I was directed to an "expert" who would be able to answer my questions about the video card I wanted to buy. Therefore yes he should know about the products, wether he did or not I don't know as I was ignored, this is where the common courtesy element of my post comes in i.e. actually speaking with me! Hopefully you will actually read this one.

No, i like to just hammer my face off the keyboard. Thankfully, it always makes sense and is always right.

Unless PC world now have a seperate repairs and expert desk (and they may well have, it *has* been a while), i think you were just sent over to the guy who's job it is to fix peoples machines and fuck all else.
    In that case someone just offloaded you onto someone else because they're too lazy or whatever, i'd be peeved. Hell, I'd ignore you so hard your children would be born with a severe craving for attention.

And my other point was why were you asking these people anything? Seriously. Why are you prepaired to spend a few hundred quid without knowing what you're buying? I don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

biko wrote: »
    I'll never get Cilit Bang, such annoying ads.

Barry Scott was fired.

:)

For me, i don't eat in McDonalds, Burger King etc anymore.

I don't buy equipment from Spectra of Fuji stores because of their insane markups either plus the inability of staff to answer simple questions ime.

Right now, i really wish i could tell all recruitment agencies to fúck off!! Unfortunately, they're the only ones giving me call backs. :( Bastards!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

a good while now, possibly 2 years

The Flowing Tide on Abbey Street? I had a drink in there last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

My hair dresser. Iv been going to her for 8 years now, every 4 months spending in or around 100euro each time. I have sent her tonnes of business over the years, mother, sisters, cousins, aunts, friends, brothers girlfriend, boyfriends sister etc etc

Anyway, 4 weeks ago i made an appointment 4 days in advance as usual. Turned up and she asked me what i wanted. She then proceeded to set up a junior at putting in my highlights >:( After which, she came over and asked me what style i wanted. I explained. She literally spend 30seconds cutting the bottom 3 inches off the lenght of my hair, never trimmed any of my layers or anything then charged me 140euro for the pleasure. 40-60euro more than it usually is.

RTE wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    RTE are currently working on a programme to do with consumer issues. We would like to hear your consumer experiences. Please contact us in confidence at consumer.response@rte.ie.
    We look forward to hearing from you!
    RTE: that's another one!! What a shíte channel, never watch it!

• Advertisement

The Catholic Church.

Bendihorse wrote: »
    She literally spend 30seconds cutting the bottom 3 inches off the lenght of my hair, never trimmed any of my layers or anything then charged me 140euro for the pleasure. 40-60euro more than it usually is.

Why didn't you say something along the lines of "Will you trim my layers please?"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

RTE wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,
    RTE are currently working on a programme to do with consumer issues. We would like to hear your consumer experiences. Please contact us in confidence at consumer.response@rte.ie.
    We look forward to hearing from you!

Dont get me started on RTE, the annual wages of Messrs Kenny and Ryan. Wasting our licence fees.

Then having to watch shows like "Who do you think you are?" sending Dana to America... and not leaving her there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The Flowing Tide on Abbey Street? I had a drink in there last month.

your right, sorry. i got it mixed up with the one opposite, the plough?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Goddamn Starbucks.
    When was coffee ever 4 euro 50?
    Frigging everywhere selling nothing. And bloody juice bars.
    Don't you lie to me about your supposed health benefits with your sugary crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I refuse to go see Jimmy Carr after he cancelled a gig years ago last minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

EcoGirl wrote: »
    We dumped SKY too. I really resented giving them my money anyway, but the last straw was when they showed graphic trailers for murder programmes during the ads for innocuous programmes which my 10 year old was watching - and a) it was almost impossible to find somebody to contact to speak to about it and b) they didn't care when I did get to talk to somebody...............
    So they'll never know, and yes, I know they probably won't care. But I'm definitely voting with my feet on that.

WTF? That's like blaming the postman for bringing a bill.
    +1 channels are simply a repeat of what was shown an hour earlier. doesn't mean the ads are the same.
    Shoot the messenger, why don't you?

Dragan wrote: »
    Barry Scott was fired.

:)

For me, i don't eat in McDonalds, Burger King etc anymore.

Great Barry Scott story here:
    http://www.plasticbag.org/archives/2005/09/on_cillit_bang_and_a_new_low_for_marketers/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

No, i like to just hammer my face off the keyboard. Thankfully, it always makes sense and is always right.

Unless PC world now have a seperate repairs and expert desk (and they may well have, it *has* been a while), i think you were just sent over to the guy who's job it is to fix peoples machines and fuck all else.
    In that case someone just offloaded you onto someone else because they're too lazy or whatever, i'd be peeved. Hell, I'd ignore you so hard your children would be born with a severe craving for attention.

And my other point was why were you asking these people anything? Seriously. Why are you prepaired to spend a few hundred quid without knowing what you're buying? I don't get it.

Stop trolling. He knew what he was buying. He just had a few quick questions. Maybe he couldn't find some tiny detail he needed to know from the internet.

Anyway PC world's own ads talk about their knowledgeable staff being able to help so they should be able to answer at least the basics. And if they are just salesmen as was claimed, what the hell are they doing ignoring a customer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭COH

The local Londis. Hate them, bought food and milk that was gone off there one too many times. When I brought milk back the last time the conversation went as follows ...

Me - 'sorry, this is gone off can I have a refund?',
    Guy behind counter - 'yeah I know, just grab another two cartons'.
    Me - 'You're selling milk you know is gone off??'
    Guy - 'Yeah, just grab another two cartons'
    Me - 'Why would I do that if its all gone off? Refund please'
    Guy - 'No.'
    Me - 'Ok, I'm finished talking to you, get your manager'
    Guy -'Fine Ill give you a refund'
    Me - 'Thanks, and get the manager'.

Advertisement