Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Starting in Garnerville soon? Read this:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

MAKEPEACE wrote: »
    See on the start of the video for the pca it says the circuit has to be done three times. Is this in the 3min43 deadline?

Yep, 3 circuits in 3mins 43 sec and then straight onto the Push Pull where your have to average over 26kg of force over 20 seconds...We did it on Thursday and I must say it was much easier than I thought it was going to be and I passed it easily....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

We did it on Thursday and I must say it was much easier than I thought it was going to be and I passed it easily....:cool:

Oh stop showing off and making us all jealous!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭MAKEPEACE

hope so. went to gym last night for the first time with an instructor. She was impressed I could do the exercises holding 4kg weights and I got the technique for the hydrolic machines quite quickly so hopefully I'll pass it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭FootyFan24

Anyone who is starting on October 12th, but doesn't drive, are welcome to leave their stuff in my car, if they wish...

Also, i seriously need a good gym to go to before i start so i can increase my fitness levels. Anyone know of any decent ones, that don't have the usual posers and machine hogs?

Cheers:cool:

The public gym on the Boucher Road (Olympia) is fairly good. £30 a month by DD, but you get to use any of them across N.I. Olympia's good, busy in the mornings for the old timers but if you can get there bout 12 or 1 its usually fairly quiet. Totally dead Sat morns (opens at 10). Hmm, i wonder if I should ask for commission for mentioning it to people...

All the best to those starting soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Rob-117

People on this board keep some bizarre hours!!!!!!!!!:D

You talking to me??

• Advertisement

Rob-117 wrote: »
    You talking to me??

Are you imagining Robert De Niro in your head when you typed that?!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr.Anderson

See for the SRN, what's the dress code if any? It's just i wouldn't want to turn up in casual clothes if everyone else is wearing trousers and shirts etc!!:P

See for the SRN, what's the dress code if any? It's just i wouldn't want to turn up in casual clothes if everyone else is wearing trousers and shirts etc!!:P

The August boys said very smart, casual frowned upon.

The August boys said very smart, casual frowned upon.

Thanks MrsGeneHunt, Shirt and tie definitely then! I cannot wait til monday night now, reality has really set in and tomorrow is my last day in my old job!!:D

Thanks MrsGeneHunt, Shirt and tie definitely then! I cannot wait til monday night now, reality has really set in and tomorrow is my last day in my old job!!:D

i'm not jealous at all*

*except I reeeeeaaaaallllllly am!!! LOL

• Advertisement

i'm not jealous at all*

*except I reeeeeaaaaallllllly am!!! LOL

lol If i can get in MrsGeneHunt, then I'm pretty sure you'll have no problems getting in either! I wish you all the best though and hope you do get that call!! :D

lol If i can get in MrsGeneHunt, then I'm pretty sure you'll have no problems getting in either! I wish you all the best though and hope you do get that call!! :D

Well this is only my first time so to get in would be totally off the chart! Fingers crossed but not epecting to. Will know better by the end of Monday I guess when we know our merit numbers!!

I bet getting the call is the most amazing feeling!:D

Best of luck for Monday night!;)

PS: We're friends, you can call me MGH!!!! :cool:

Can I??............

Rob-117 wrote: »
    Can I??............

Fo shizzle!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

Well this is only my first time so to get in would be totally off the chart! Fingers crossed but not epecting to. Will know better by the end of Monday I guess when we know our merit numbers!!

I bet getting the call is the most amazing feeling!:D

Best of luck for Monday night!;)

i got in on my first time so you never no MGH:)

conor123 wrote: »
    i got in on my first time so you never no MGH:)

I think if I got the call I would sh1t a kitten then pass out. In that order.

I think if I got the call I would sh1t a kitten then pass out. In that order.

LOL now that sounds like a painful sequence!! MGH i only tried the once and got the call, to be honest though, i was sort of doubting that i would get in at one stage, and low and behold, thats when the call came, so chin up Mrs, the call has your name on it, just needs a date yet lol!:cool:

LOL now that sounds like a painful sequence!! MGH i only tried the once and got the call, to be honest though, i was sort of doubting that i would get in at one stage, and low and behold, thats when the call came, so chin up Mrs, the call has your name on it, just needs a date yet lol!:cool:

I'm looking forward to and dreading getting merit number in equal measure.
    Guess I'll be sitting down with a bottle of wine Monday night either way LOL

I'd love to get in first time, the thought of all this again next year and the year after and the year after that.... sheesh.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Save it for Friday hun!!!!!! Blitzed PYG and MGH.

I'm looking forward to and dreading getting merit number in equal measure.
    Guess I'll be sitting down with a bottle of wine Monday night either way LOL

I'd love to get in first time, the thought of all this again next year and the year after and the year after that.... sheesh.:(

You know something MGH, i never actually wanted to find out my merit number, just incase it was too high and it put me right off...it seemed to have worked anyway!

Im sure that bottle of wine will be in celebration MGH...to a low merit number, then you'll probably be more at ease!

Yeah i totally agree with you on doing it over and over again, i think all in all took 15 months or thereabouts for me, so i would NOT have liked to do that over again lol!:p

• Advertisement

Save it for Friday hun!!!!!! Blitzed PYG and MGH.

Peejay Partay!!!!!!!!
    Whoop Whoop!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

yeoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Night Night sista:D

You know something MGH, i never actually wanted to find out my merit number, just incase it was too high and it put me right off...it seemed to have worked anyway!

Im sure that bottle of wine will be in celebration MGH...to a low merit number, then you'll probably be more at ease!

Yeah i totally agree with you on doing it over and over again, i think all in all took 15 months or thereabouts for me, so i would NOT have liked to do that over again lol!:p

I want to know and I dont want to know all at the same time!! LOL
    Kind of know what I need to be in the region of to be in with a shout and I know if I'm outside it then its back to the drawing board but I'll get closure of some sort I think!:p

I want to know and I dont want to know all at the same time!! LOL
    Kind of know what I need to be in the region of to be in with a shout and I know if I'm outside it then its back to the drawing board but I'll get closure of some sort I think!:p

Well whatever closure you get, don't forget people drop out in due time and change to other jobs, so that call you thought you might not get, could just be around the corner!!...either way crack open a bottle of wine, because i know it'll be for celebration lol!;)

Well whatever closure you get, don't forget people drop out in due time and change to other jobs, so that call you thought you might not get, could just be around the corner!!...either way crack open a bottle of wine, because i know it'll be for celebration lol!;)

Aw cheers, I'm absorbing your positive vibes!!!:D

yeoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Night Night sista:D

Night chick
    xx

Aw cheers, I'm absorbing your positive vibes!!!:D

You're welcome MGH, as long as it makes you realise that you're still in with a shout, then my job is done!...
    The nerves do get to you though when you come on here and see people have had the call and your phones goes off, you keep an eye on your phone, quite literrally all the time lol....so the less you worry about it, the less time it seems to be til you get the call, then you can jump up and go crazy when you get the good news, which im hoping you do!!:D

Awesome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭kelso69

Those starting in Ganerville in October or November, what sort of Merit score do you guys have? I'm trying to figure out if they start the highest scorers at the start, then work their way through the list and if that is the case, what score I need to be in with a chance of getting in!

• Advertisement

kelso69 wrote: »
    Those starting in Ganerville in October or November, what sort of Merit score do you guys have? I'm trying to figure out if they start the highest scorers at the start, then work their way through the list and if that is the case, what score I need to be in with a chance of getting in!

Hi Kelso, I'm not actually sure what merit score I had, I never phoned up just incase it was too high and it put me off getting in. I remember reading hat a few people got in earlier this year with higher merit scores at the start. I reckon it might have been to do with background also, and when the vetting forms had been finished.

Advertisement