Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Ireland gone too PC?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

No
    CDfm wrote: »
    he did - and its the white middle class people who leave them in to destroy Britain.

Im all confused - being Irish which side should I agree with

I think you should go with McCain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

No
    Lillyella wrote: »
    I think you should go with McCain.
    Think so- but what about the Alaskan woman -shes scary?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Orange69 wrote: »
    Yes.. your right.. i was half listening.. ;)

:D No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Feel like an idiot here, but what's "PC" ?

[Going by the jist of the responces here, something along the lines of racism --- what's it stand for ?]

No
    BeerWolf wrote: »
    Feel like an idiot here, but what's "PC" ?

[Going by the jist of the responces here, something along the lines of racism --- what's it stand for ?]
    Political Correctness.

Its an Oxymoron other examples are Women Drivers and Working Mums

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Its an Oxymoron other examples are Women Drivers and Working Mums

You should write for Carlos Mencia!

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

mmm,mmmm.mmm i see where your coming from...mmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thelurch

No
    why cant you utter the word N**ger anymore ? You younger boardsters get on to amazon,com and order the series called Roots ! Open your eyes, and its a great series, Black and white minstrel show was stopped, jesus they even took the goolywog off the marmalade jar ! So yes, PC totally over the top !!

No
    now now - that was uncalled for -hes a comedian Im serious

Im Mr Equality me- I dont see anything wrong with giving pregnant women Disabled Parking Permits -we all know they are doolally anyway.

No
    thelurch wrote: »
    why cant you utter the word N**ger anymore ? You younger boardsters get on to amazon,com and order the series called Roots ! Open your eyes, and its a great series, Black and white minstrel show was stopped, jesus they even took the goolywog off the marmalade jar ! So yes, PC totally over the top !!
    Dont knock the Gollywog - Im buying one called Mr President

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thelurch

No
    Dont knock the Gollywog - Im buying one called Mr President
    :D:D

No
    Yes......Bah Humbug to denoucers of the enjoyability and usefullness of a bit of harmless meaningless violence!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

No
    what are yer views on the following???

i dont know how it is in other Irish towns/cities but in Dundalk town centre we are asolutely PLAGUED by roma beggars. on the main street in town there are anywhere from 5 - 8 begging full-time at ATM's, the post office and various shops. they have look-outs at both ends of the street ( absolutely pointless as the guards dont give a toss ) who collect money from them every hour or so.
    these people are not homeless- they were handed houses and apartments in the town centre when they arrived in the country-and they all recieve social welfare so i for one will NEVER give them a penny as long as i breath. i really think the guards need to do more to stop it and i think social welfare should get involved also i.e. cut the benefits of anyone caught begging.
    if the above views make me a racist in the eyes of PC ireland then SO BE IT.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

I think this important and novel point deserves its own thread in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

No
    Way too PC.

I argued for nearly an hour with someone the other day because they thought that me making a wise crack about AIDS would somehow make the disease less serious in the eyes of the population and result in more people getting aids.

No

i dont know how it is in other Irish towns/cities but in Dundalk town centre we are asolutely PLAGUED by roma beggars. on the main street in town there are anywhere from 5 - 8 begging full-time at ATM's, the post office and various shops. they have look-outs at both ends of the street ( absolutely pointless as the guards dont give a toss ) who collect money from them every hour or so.
    these people are not homeless- they were handed houses and apartments in the town centre when they arrived in the country-and they all recieve social welfare so i for one will NEVER give them a penny as long as i breath. i really think the guards need to do more to stop it and i think social welfare should get involved also i.e. cut the benefits of anyone caught begging.

Buckfastmonkey - I understand your pain. If being from Dundalk was not bad enough yez are plagued with Roma beggars

Nowadays its not illegal to beg so the so the guards can do nothing. Try to be more understanding and inclusive to these people.

You could try the language of love everyone understands -Fcuk off. Ya could try to see things from there point of view and wellcome them into your community " this is my spot -me and the lads will be back in half an hour for our 50% commision". Or even the old " hey bud - would ya have a few euro for a few cans"

No
    thelurch wrote: »
    :D:D
    BTW - Im not racist. And would never use the N word where its likely to cause offence.

Friend of mine Steve ( an African) flies in to Dublin and I collect him- first visit to the homeland in 20 years. He looks awful- skin peeling etc- so we dispense with the usual banter- and I ask can I get you something -are you ok. Nah Im fine - its just sunburn.

The same guy aasked a waitress later when we are getting slow service "am I black" - I think it was meant to be rhetorical- but living in Co Clare who knows he may have gone native.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

No
    Speer wrote: »
    it's like the Salem witch hunts.you have to be PC.No dissent allowed.I listened to Pat Kenny on the radio talking about multiculturalism.All of his guests were in favour.No dissenting voices saying that multiculturalism might be a bad idea were heard even though many people in the real world hold that view.

culture is just a barrier used to divide people.

multiculturism must die!!!

mono-culture ftw! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

No

As far as i was aware, they have to get a job within 3 months or they'll be hunted down and sent back to where they belong. (although as usual a **** job is being done).

Obviously some idiot is giving them money. If people stopped giving them money they'd **** off.This is the only way to stop them begging, nothing else will work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

BTW - Im not racist. And would never use the N word where its likely to cause offence.

Friend of mine Steve ( an African) flies in to Dublin and I collect him- first visit to the homeland in 20 years. He looks awful- skin peeling etc- so we dispense with the usual banter- and I ask can I get you something -are you ok. Nah Im fine - its just sunburn.

The same guy aasked a waitress later when we are getting slow service "am I black" - I think it was meant to be rhetorical- but living in Co Clare who knows he may have gone native.

If he's there 20 years why is he still getting sun burnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

No
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    The "West" is all much too PC. We're taught to embrace all cultures, all religions, all races etc.., but the rest of the world isn't PC, so one day they will all come along, rip off our heads and sh1t down our necks, cause we're all a big bunch of softies. In fact, we'll be queuing up to let them sh1t down our necks.

It's not all the West, it's primarlily in the UK and Ireland. It is too PC in Ireland but then at the same time, from my experiences, we're more racist than a lot of nations as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Some people delight in making offensive comments about immigrants, homosexuals, other minorities etc

When challenged they use the 'You're too PC' argument.

As if it's ok to insult who you like and blame detractors for being too sensitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

No
    I don't give a bollix where anyone is from. If they want to stall it over for a while so they can make a better living then they're entitled to. It's the ones (and they're both Irish and foreign) who take the piss out of the rest of us to make that living i can't stand. Scumbags having kids to get allowance, Heroin dealers, Romanian gypsies, gangs etc... are the problem. If we point the finger at a black or Chinese person responsible for committing a crime, it's racist. It's worse in England though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

TomCo wrote: »
    Way too PC.

I argued for nearly an hour with someone the other day because they thought that me making a wise crack about AIDS would somehow make the disease less serious in the eyes of the population and result in more people getting aids.

I'm sure it was a great joke.

Besides your example makes no sense. One person didn't agree with you or your taste in humour so Ireland is way too PC.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

GA361 wrote: »
    Just a quantative survey on yeer opinions.If you have any rants,please share.

It's not PC enough you awful, awful man.... erm... person.... shit.

Guess it's back to the Death Camp of Tolerance for me.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Speer

No
    Panhandling should be against the law.That'd stop it.

No
    TomCo wrote: »
    Way too PC.

thats wrong - poor you.

Aids isnt the problem - its the Solution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

No
    thats wrong - poor you.

Aids isnt the problem - its the Solution

HAHA now thats funny!:D

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

No
    Yet another reason to like the Poles, they're not PC either... I mean come on, the kids of today will end up so sensitive they can't either give or take an insult in jest.

Advertisement