Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Ireland gone too PC?

Options
  • 12-09-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Just a quantative survey on yeer opinions.If you have any rants,please share.

Has Ireland gone too PC 173 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    Karl HungusMossy Monktony 2 toneTuskydragonkinmonumentV9RabiesmagickRedrocketRed AlertGuy:IncognitoSundyjesus_thats_grejimmycrackcormSkyuserMongomise_me_feinzoroCaliden 173 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

No
    Far far too PC.

I'm a racist if I dislike any foreign national did ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,097 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you can never have enough computers, really

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yeh, I'm feckin pis5ed off being nice to people I hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

No
    oh yes and boards as well for that matter

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No
    I try and be as un-PC as possible when it gets silly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Speer

No
    it's like the Salem witch hunts.you have to be PC.No dissent allowed.I listened to Pat Kenny on the radio talking about multiculturalism.All of his guests were in favour.No dissenting voices saying that multiculturalism might be a bad idea were heard even though many people in the real world hold that view.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The "West" is all much too PC. We're taught to embrace all cultures, all religions, all races etc.., but the rest of the world isn't PC, so one day they will all come along, rip off our heads and sh1t down our necks, cause we're all a big bunch of softies. In fact, we'll be queuing up to let them sh1t down our necks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

No
    ClioV6 wrote: »
    Far far too PC.

Yeah I know exactly what you are saying.
    If ya dislike a foreign person for his ignorance,people think that is racist.I dont think that everybody out there quite understands the concept of racism!
    Overheal wrote: »
    you can never have enough computers, really
    :DHee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

No
    The whole PC thing is gone way too far. anyone who is overly PC should be put in a rocket and blasted into the sun.

multiculturism is a load of B*****ks too. look at britain. because the PC brigade there enforce multiculturism the a lot of muslims can go on living as if they were in the middle east rather than integrating into their new society. this leads to some muslims not seeing themselves as british and then being only too happy to carry out terrorist attacks on their host country.

we need to stop something similar happening here lest we be blown up by some p****d off muslims or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No
    Yes... yes it has.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The "West" is all much too PC. We're taught to embrace all cultures, all religions, all races etc.., but the rest of the world isn't PC, so one day they will all come along, rip off our heads and sh1t down our necks, cause we're all a big bunch of softies. In fact, we'll be queuing up to let them sh1t down our necks.

Yes you're right, there are so many nations lining up to wage war against others in the name of religion (and oil)...no wait that's the west again. Definitely isn't too PC based on the majority of anti-immigrant/roma/traveller/insert minority here threads that pop up. I just find it so funny that people who complain about these things have to quantify it by claiming everyone is too pc, as if they are taking a stand and being brave enough to say they don't like some people. Ireland's not pc at all tbh, and recent news about black people being discriminated against in the jobs market should make that painfully clear to the most myopic amongst us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

The media and the state are a bit too PC but I don't think I am or the people I meet. I dont find myself having to check what I say every 5 secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

No
    In three words of harry's sally

oh....... god ...... yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

Perhaps, but it's much better than how things used to be. Back then, anything perceived as at all different was lazilly and ignorantly condemned by the masses, leading to awful racism and unfair persecution right up to very recently in western history. If we have to risk an overkill on political correctness to make sure we eliminate this strain of society completely, so be it. It's crap for those who have to watch their mouth when they have no ill intent towards anyone, but creating an atmosphere where everyone has to think about any casual comment they make about a group may just make all our casual racists, homophobes etc. have to confront their attitudes, and that can only be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Far far too PC.

It isn't the Greeks, it's the Chinese he's after!

No
    PC = Racist?

Who'd a thunk it?

Really.. I don't have any problem with anyone being from anywhere or looking like anything. I've never, ever understood any kind of racism. It just makes no sense to me.

As for ireland being too PC.. The only real gripe i have with Ireland is banning Manhunt 2 (Videogame). I never intended to buy it (and never even wanted to play it) but i think its incredibly ridiculous to ban a game because its violent.

As for the racism posts on the previous page, i will admit theres a "watch what you say" kind of atmosphere around people from other nationalities (particularly black people for some reason) but thats not just Ireland. thats the whole world.

(Ironically, of all the black people i know, i dont think any of them take offene to 'black jokes', provided you dont actually mean it. But the guys i know make plenty of 'Irish jokes' too, so maybe thats just the kinda friendship i have with them).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭reggiethefirst

No
    In a word, **** yes. I won't rant, but yes. Very much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Stewart Lee put it better than I can. In a word: NO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

No
    I dont think so not by a long shot.

we should make personal responsibility the theme for this.

If a person is for Asylum seekers let them have one

So whos for the new Adopt an Asylum seeker programme

We could have clipboards and stuff at protests and collect names , numbers and stuff of supporters and you get an illegal immigrant put them in a Van and bring them out to Jerrys house in Portmarnock.

Romanian mothers with children- Sally in Arklow likes them so she can adopt them.

There problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Culchies, fordiners and dwarfs need to cop themselves on.

PCness - down with this sort of thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Gu3rr1lla

No
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.stratag.ie/video.php

welcome to Orwells 1984

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No
    Ruu wrote: »
    It isn't the Greeks, it's the Chinese he's after!
    I don't care who he gets as long as I can have a go at the Greeks. They invented gayness!

OT, yeah. You can hardly even say jackeen anymore before some jackeen objects.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

2Scoops wrote: »

+1 to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

No
    Yes

No
    Gu3rr1lla wrote: »
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.stratag.ie/video.php

welcome to Orwells 1984

What does that link have to do with anything? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

No
    2Scoops wrote: »

"White middleclass men, you are a bunch of idiots!"

But thats not racist cuz its white people he is insulting! Typical liberal brainwashed half wit who wont be happy until western society is destroyed..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Lillyella

No
    It depends on your audience really.

Among close friends, I can say what I like and express my opinion without being judged.

I like AH on Boards, I feel that you can make what is intended as a joke and it is generally taken up that way.

There are certain other forum based websites that you are branded a racist for just expressing an opinion on immigration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Orange69 wrote: »
    "White middleclass men, you are a bunch of idiots!"

But thats not racist cuz its white people he is insulting! Typical liberal brainwashed half wit who wont be happy until western society is destroyed..

But he didn't say ''white middle-class men, you are a bunch of idiots!". He said people who say white, middle-class men are the most discriminated 'minority' in Britain are a bunch of idiots. And I doubt a comedian is out to ''destroy western society'' somehow. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

No
    Acacia wrote: »
    But he didn't say ''white middle-class men, you are a bunch of idiots!". He said people who say white, middle-class men are the most discriminated 'minority' in Britain are a bunch of idiots. And I doubt a comedian is out to ''destroy western society'' somehow. :pac:

Yes.. your right.. i was half listening.. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

No
    he did - and its the white middle class people who leave them in to destroy Britain.

Im all confused - being Irish which side should I agree with

Advertisement