Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BT mega slow last couple of days!! Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

hellboy99 wrote: »
    BT say it will be fixed Thursday.

Aye right, only BT didn't say which year or month that Thursday that will be in :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Got a new 78. address on my daily renewal today. Completely unusable.

Back to using the alternate net connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Still on a 78 IP but my speed is back to normal for now. God only knows what will happen this weekend when the upgrade kicks in here (if it does).

321391480.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

How do i get on the different ip?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Narrowback

I'm on UTV and found my speeds much improved last night - after a dreadful afternoon. Maybe we're seeing progress?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Still ok here so far

321588925.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

321739803.png

Thursday Afternoon huh????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

It's a national issue at the moment. BT and UTV, and probably the other ISP's have logged faults. UTV told me today, "we have logged a fault with both the highest level in Eircom and ComReg."

There is no ETA on a fix, so we'll have to wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Narrowback

My speeds have gone to hell - again. Now at about 430 down and 100 up with pings over 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

321739803.png
    thursday huh.......... 24mb here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

321759287.png
    Much better for me this evening, not as fast as earlier in the day but I'm not going to complain about that yet.

On a 194.x.x.x IP 8mb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Back to our average speed anyway (a 3mb line)
    :rolleyes:

321774061.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Another day of facking useless connections and little to no brroadband as yesterday. I've been keeping a log and will be ringing tomorrow if it's the same and I fully expect it to be. I've had about 4 hours of usable connection. I think that the preprogrammed response is going to be "It could be you modem".

I've had enough and will take this all the way if needs be. :mad:

kleefarr wrote: »
    Another day of facking useless connections and little to no brroadband as yesterday. I've been keeping a log and will be ringing tomorrow if it's the same and I fully expect it to be. I've had about 4 hours of usable connection. I think that the preprogrammed response is going to be "It could be you modem".

I've had enough and will take this all the way if needs be. :mad:
    UTV and BT have admitted Eircom are having issues, telling me that reports are flooding in from all over the country with complaints of speeds being no better than dial-up. Eircom and ComReg have received fault reports from these ISP's "at the highest level", but there is no ETA on a fix just yet. You're not alone, and will just be told to wait it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

DECEiFER wrote: »
    UTV and BT have admitted Eircom are having issues, telling me that reports are flooding in from all over the country with complaints of speeds being no better than dial-up. Eircom and ComReg have received fault reports from these ISP's "at the highest level", but there is no ETA on a fix just yet. You're not alone, and will just be told to wait it out.

Ok, but how quick will they fix it is the question. I would think they won't be in any rush, especially if people are still paying their bills.

I have calmed down to a :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,319 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Look, I cannot stream pr0n* this is serious!

* Or anything feckin else!! :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Sucks, doesn't it?

We'll just have to wait. I think you're right, they won't be in any hurry.

Supercell, I have 6GB of pr0n, courtesy of my friend's external HDD. What's your address, I'll mail ya a DVD of the best stuff? :P

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Tracing route to bbc.co.uk [212.58.224.131]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.2.1
      2    34 ms    40 ms    53 ms  194.46.193.65
      3    27 ms    29 ms    28 ms  193.95.145.26
      4    28 ms    30 ms    28 ms  vlan71.rt001.cwt.esat.net [193.95.130.201]
      5    27 ms    28 ms    28 ms  ge0-0.core001.cwt.esat.net [193.95.129.1]
      6    48 ms    41 ms    47 ms  pos2-0.br001.ldn.esat.net [193.95.131.14]
      7    66 ms    63 ms    70 ms  bbc-gw0-linx.prt0.thdoe.bbc.co.uk [195.66.224.10
    3]
      8    44 ms    44 ms    51 ms  212.58.238.129
      9    44 ms    45 ms    63 ms  rdirwww-vip.thdo.bbc.co.uk [212.58.224.131]

Trace complete.

C:\Program Files\mIRC2>

I'm with UTV Internet, so not sure why I'm hopping on Esat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭cynos

321863618.png
    constantly disconnecting though, every 15mins at least

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Too true, I rang UTV and at the mention of the upgrades the agent immedietly started her speech about the problem, how eircoms top managers have been informed etc. Its eircoms problem, and we should all be nagging them.

My pings have improved but the speed isn't hectic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

Well we now cant use the phone and the internet at the same time. Have to take the filter off for internet and put the filter back on for phone. We cant connect to XBL, cant look at webpages unless they have basic text content (i.e. email or boards), cant stream any video from Sky or Youtube but yet strangely have fast download speeds on most sites. Pings are stupid at 149 too...

Oh and to top it all off BT tell me earlier that because no one was ringing to complain this evening that their 78 IP problem seems to be solved even though ITS NOT! Brilliant, how long more do we have to suffer!!!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Surely, if it's an Eircom problem, then Eircom users would be suffering also?

Problem seems to mainly lie with BT, and UTV who in some form use BT infrastructure.

byte wrote: »

Problem seems to mainly lie with BT, and UTV who in some form use BT infrastructure.
    How would that be though ? What of BT's would UTV use ?

C:\Users\Cian>tracert boards.ie

Tracing route to boards.ie [89.234.66.107]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 198 ms 215 ms 216 ms 194.46.193.66
    3 57 ms 58 ms 60 ms 193.95.145.27
    4 57 ms 57 ms 64 ms vlan72.rt001.cwt.esat.net [193.95.130.209]
    5 77 ms 87 ms 88 ms ge0.br001.cwt.esat.net [193.95.129.4]
    6 87 ms 114 ms 134 ms to-inex-dub-deg-gw.digiweb.ie [193.242.111.20]
    7 94 ms 62 ms 60 ms ip-89-234-66-107.dedi.digiweb.ie [89.234.66.107]

Trace complete.

Actually seems UTV uses BT but for what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

This is wonderful really:

321889434.png

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

321900996.png

BT 8MB and on 78 address
    Had 213 address yesterday and got full speeds all day!!!

My router is on all day every day, should it not keep the same address even if the pc is off???

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

321907323.png

:rolleyes: Aye well done BT, way to "fix" the issue...

Oh yeah and thanks for flooding my inbox with all those e-mails you never sent :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

My BB is so much faster tonight. Average around 2500kbs on 3mb.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

byte wrote: »

I have referred to this in one of the other threads on the ongoing problems. Several years ago when both UTV and BT were having problems it emerged that there was a 'connection' between both of them which most people had not know about previously. At that time it was a question of overall capacity if I remember correctly - UTV were dependent on BT etc etc.

Always remember that no matter what happens UTV will blame Eircom it is a reflex for them. That's not to say that Eircom dont have problems etc etc but take anything UTV tells you with a grain of salt. They once blamed Eircom on my billing problems with them (UTV that is!)

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote: »
    I have referred to this in one of the other threads on the ongoing problems. Several years ago when both UTV and BT were having problems it emerged that there was a 'connection' between both of them which most people had not know about previously. At that time it was a question of overall capacity if I remember correctly - UTV were dependent on BT etc etc.

Always remember that no matter what happens UTV will blame Eircom it is a reflex for them. That's not to say that Eircom dont have problems etc etc but take anything UTV tells you with a grain of salt. They once blamed Eircom on my billing problems with them (UTV that is!)
    Ok thanks dub45,

Advertisement