Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

turn your back for half an hour and the filthy language isnt long coming out. Think you would be more sensible for someone hitting 40! :D

Hitting 40!!! Cheeky monkey!!! I'm only 36!!!!! You are SO not getting a drink from me.......
    And I dont look 36 as I constantly get told!So:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

You are old enough to be my mum haha. I think I will buy some champagne to celebrate getting in. Were gona hang this night up on the wall and frame her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jonboy22

ok i've decided to give the holiday a miss, really dont want to do anythin that could jeopardise my chances.

and no i dont have a date for my medical yet, i was told that i'd be contacted sometime in sept.

although this has got me worried, i have some work colleges that sometimes smoke the stuff in my presence, take it i should avoid them when their using that stuff then from now on, although seriously if it was found in my system, even jus a small amount from passive smoking, would i fail? or could i appeal or what? amean u could be inhaling that stuff in clubs, cars, anywhere really.

Jon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

jonboy22 wrote: »
    ok i've decided to give the holiday a miss, really dont want to do anythin that could jeopardise my chances.

and no i dont have a date for my medical yet, i was told that i'd be contacted sometime in sept.

although this has got me worried, i have some work colleges that sometimes smoke the stuff in my presence, take it i should avoid them when their using that stuff then from now on, although seriously if it was found in my system, even jus a small amount from passive smoking, would i fail? or could i appeal or what? amean u could be inhaling that stuff in clubs, cars, anywhere really.

Jon

You cant smoke in clubs and if your in a car where its being smoked you are putting yourself in the position were drugs are being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Hitting 40!!! Cheeky monkey!!! I'm only 36!!!!! You are SO not getting a drink from me.......
    And I dont look 36 as I constantly get told!So:p

I can vouch for this, MGH (or Dave as she has more recently been known) Does not look her age!! :)

I would imagine to test positive for it you would need to have inhaled it yourself not second hand.

Fo wrote: »
    I can vouch for this, MGH (or Dave as she has more recently been known) Does not look her age!! :)

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

jonboy22 wrote: »

Jon

Can I test positive for secondhand smoke?

FSR Drug Test Frequently Asked Questions
    No. Research experiments have been conducted that exposed nonsmoking individuals to heavy concentrations of marijuana smoke in confined quarters. The nonsmoking individuals could not absorb enough smoke, even after several hours of exposure, to cause a positive result in subsequent urinalysis.

http://www.querycat.com/faq/a26524a62aaca07d989c87ed689b8b91

what i thought :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

1st passive smoking. Then this www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9-2-PnO5CA&watch_response it's a slippery slope :D

• Advertisement

To much time on your hands JVB :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I've been in the presence of much dope smoking in my time but since I've been seriously thinking about applying for the police and since I did apply I have kept as much distance from it as possible.
    Was round at a friends BBQ a couple of weeks ago and some guy passed me a joint and I quite literally ran to the other end of the garden - Not taking any risks with the medical or with anything for that matter.

+ if i was to get it, it wouldn't do much for my integrity to be smoking it or knowing being in the presence of its use (if that makes sense)

I've been in the presence of much dope smoking in my time but since I've been seriously thinking about applying for the police and since I did apply I have kept as much distance from it as possible.
    Was round at a friends BBQ a couple of weeks ago and some guy passed me a joint and I quite literally ran to the other end of the garden - Not taking any risks with the medical or with anything for that matter.

+ if i was to get it, it wouldn't do much for my integrity to be smoking it or knowing being in the presence of its use (if that makes sense)

Yeah it makes sense and wise move.

P.S. how did your friend BBQ in this weather :confused:

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Yeah it makes sense and wise move.

P.S. how did your friend BBQ in this weather :confused:

with a LOT alcohol!! :pac:

with a LOT alcohol!! :pac:

That was my first guess.....

alot of my friends would do it from time to time and i have never once tried it, I always leave the room or go outside until they are finished. I think my worst nightmare would be someone making me have to smoke any kind of drug or cigarette. I would cry.

I'm expecting to pay a fee to the GP who does up my MHQ, anyone got any ball park figures for how much they charge? I've heard £20 from someone on here so far?

I'm expecting to pay a fee to the GP who does up my MHQ, anyone got any ball park figures for how much they charge? I've heard £20 from someone on here so far?

Yeah it will be no more than that, think i was charged £18 a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

lolol i see wacky baccy:D seems to be centre of disscussion here, ive been to a few huz parties recently when people have been smoking it, its so awkward tho cuz if i leave the room it looks suspicous and i cnt say about the police cuz i dont want some people finding out:(

inspector it should be no more than 20 pound id! i got mine done for free tho,dont undersdtand what way they do it:confused:

• Advertisement

Got mine for free too. I offered to pay as well and he said no no you never know when i will run into you again sometime. :D

Got mine for free too. I offered to pay as well and he said no no you never know when i will run into you again sometime. :D

hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullslinebacker

:D
    how good is the beard, is it sebastian chabal standard yet? i dont have to worry about a beard, Im not that hairy yet, still have my baby smooth cheeks :D

My beard has a mind of its own. It gets me out of bed in the morning, makes me a cup of coffee, dresses me and gets me out to work. My beard knows who it works for.......

It is currently trimmed to a neat(ish) goatee on account of me being a doorman at the weekends. Man i cant wait to give that up!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

max&paddy.jpg

Bullslinebacker and his mate Paddy;):D

ding-dang-do! :D

max&paddy.jpg

Your names not down you're not coming in!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Has anyone heard any news on anyone else getting a medical date yet? Just wondering If they maybe trying to speed things up? Funny thing is according to The Patton report the recruitment process is only meant to take 6 months.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thats a laugh!!!!!:D:D:D

max&paddy.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Very good!!!!

Dammit..now my identity is known..........

owen1976 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard any news on anyone else getting a medical date yet? Just wondering If they maybe trying to speed things up? Funny thing is according to The Patton report the recruitment process is only meant to take 6 months.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Thats a laugh!!!!!:D:D:D

Six Months - on what planet??!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭smyff

Can I test positive for secondhand smoke?

FSR Drug Test Frequently Asked Questions
    No. Research experiments have been conducted that exposed nonsmoking individuals to heavy concentrations of marijuana smoke in confined quarters. The nonsmoking individuals could not absorb enough smoke, even after several hours of exposure, to cause a positive result in subsequent urinalysis.

http://www.querycat.com/faq/a26524a62aaca07d989c87ed689b8b91

but they do a hair test do they not. which means that it could show up there? my mate smokes reefer all the time, but ive stayed well clear. i worry about it all day.

smyff wrote: »
    but they do a hair test do they not. which means that it could show up there? my mate smokes reefer all the time, but ive stayed well clear. i worry about it all day.

What about all night? I suppose you're too stoned to care! :eek:

*joke* ;)

• Advertisement

lmao jvb. im too busy sleeping and having dreams about computer games which i play lol. i should have got out more in this summer tbh!!! start of may to end of this week, wake up at 8-9ish, play games, work for a bit (if im on the rota =]), eat, play some more, go to bed at 2!!!

its been a good 2 years since i smoked that stuff. i was a young lad back then, and mummy caught me. lesson learnt!!! drink all the way

smyff wrote: »

You may have to sort your mate out some day...I kid you not, possession of a class c drug...And I would guess you would know who he buys it from too...

Perhaps you need to ask yourself whats more important, "Your mates" or your integrity...I know which is more important to me.

You may have to sort your mate out some day...I kid you not, possession of a class c drug...And I would guess you would know who he buys it from too...

Perhaps you need to ask yourself whats more important, "Your mates" or your integrity...I know which is more important to me.

New recruit
    I will give you another example, what if a parent/ family member or friend was speeding in their car - would you feel the need to dis-own them? Speeding is a worse crime, as it is more likely to kill some one, than some one who smokes a bit of weed in their house.

Both are against the law, dont get me wrong, but what im saying is it would be very easy to get carried away on your high horse when your a police officer.

Smuff would be better of letting his friend know his stance and would be better trying to advise his friend not to use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

why is everyone getting worked up about the issue of drugs etc I see it like this its against the law, it doesn't matter what our own opinion is on the matter. the police can't change that fact and neither can we. If you test positive your out, simply as. If you choose to take or be around people that take drugs etc then thats your choice. But don't then cry if it has an adverse affect on your life or this process.

Thats always been the great thing about life you make your own choices!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

New recruit
    I will give you another example, what if a parent/ family member or friend was speeding in their car - would you feel the need to dis-own them? Speeding is a worse crime, as it is more likely to kill some one, than some one who smokes a bit of weed in their house.

Both are against the law, dont get me wrong, but what im saying is it would be very easy to get carried away on your high horse when your a police officer.

Smuff would be better of letting his friend know his stance and would be better trying to advise his friend not to use it.

agree with you on this gee, its to easy to be carried away!weed is issued for personal use for some medical condidtions and i dont think theres a problem in having small amounts on you for personal use, its the intent to distribute that is the major crime!

im sure theres a few people on this board who know people who have commited crimes in the recent past!sure theres been plenty of instances of PSNI officers breakin the law, no one is perfect, its a fact of life!!!

a good example is speeding, im sure 99.9% of people on the board has broken the speed limit, i no im guilty of it!!we cant judge others without judging ourselves....

I can safely say I do not know or associate with anybody who is involved in the taking of or the distribution of Drugs....

I'll assume smyff knows where his mate gets the "Weed" from yeah? Therefore he knows a drug dealer possible also dealing in heavier stuff than weed, as a Police Officer, what are you going to do with that information? Turn a blind eye and lose your integrity? It's not a question of getting on your high horse, and it's not the same as going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit, you could have information that could take drug dealers off the street, What do you do?????

you may as well call me a **** n call my mate a ****. ive said to him manys a time about smokin it, but at the end of the day its HIS choice. he told me yesterday about a friend of his getting done for carrying over 20quids worth of weed, n i said fair do's. my friend didnt know what to think, but then again, hes smokes a bit of weed now and again, he must be a wanker sure in your eyes, isnt he?

family is whats important to me, and i have in the past had to talk to them about ****, so dont try to be the bigger man and tell me what to do.

and as to your last post. i would do the same, becaise if i was to withhold that information, it could and would be held against me and it would cost me the job. im as against it as much as any one else here. you dont hate people just because they have different political views do you? as said above many people break the law, ive seen people breaking a red light all the time, especially with all the road works being done around my area and i hate it, its all the same though, drugs and speeding. still breaking the law.

what would i do, same thing as you my friend! get them brought down.

Just asked the question mate...No need to throw the rattle out of the pram!

Personally though, I don't see running a red light and Drug dealing as the same thing! On that logic shooting someone dead and breaking the doing 40mph in a 30mph zone is all the same!

I guess you can see I have a strong hatred for Drugs and especially Drug Dealers..I won't apologise for offending anyone for that!

Interesting discussion but its has veered waaay off topic as this is the thread for the medical. Can I very politely suggest that you move it to the general/lads thread and have your argy bargy there.

Now play nice!!!:D

Just asked the question mate...No need to throw the rattle out of the pram!

Personally though, I don't see running a red light and Drug dealing as the same thing! On that logic shooting someone dead and breaking the doing 40mph in a 30mph zone is all the same!

I guess you can see I have a strong hatred for Drugs and especially Drug Dealers..I won't apologise for offending anyone for that!

yeah true man, its a lot worse. haha i didnt lose the rattle, i just misplaced it for a few minutes :P. i hate drugs aswell, so at least we agree on that. and mrs gene, aka dave as ive saw, nothing beats a good old debate haha. its all just a bit of fun isnt it lol. unless you take it that is :@!!!

cant wait till i get my medical forms. ill be ragin if i dont get them!!!

• Advertisement

Less of the Dave you! Got the weeny peeny lopped off lol. Now seriously, back on topic!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting discussion but its has veered waaay off topic as this is the thread for the medical. Can I very politely suggest that you move it to the general/lads thread and have your argy bargy there.

Now play nice!!!:D

Wannabe Admin;):p

Smyff have you recieved your vetting forms for c14?

Guys, I totally understand both sides here. People can't change their pasts and without understanding and accepting this we have no future. NI is probably the perfect example of that. There is a word that summarises what has been discussed and that word is ambivalence i.e. If a person is ambivalent they have an uncertain attitude or feeling towards someone or something: This attitude whilst may be your own must be harboured during training and service. If you appear to be ambivalent about c class drug takers or any other minor offence your integrity will be questioned.
    As psni said stay grey. That also means play the game. I'm not directing this to anyone in particular just some advice I have learnt from many courses in the military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Deleted. Someone asked a question. I just replied to it.

Drugs are everyones individual concern. Can see it being a problem but i know a serving officer who smokes dope and he has never had anything said to him.

Seriously, can we take this conversation off the Medical thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

Deleted

Seriously, can we take this conversation off the Medical thread?

I'll second that motion.

*Post edited to preserve the peace*

yeeeeha nothing bits a bit of chat tho. and gee, nope havent heard anything yet, but on a different thread a young lady said that she phoned up and they said that they are preparing to send out a batch of vetting forms to high scorers!!! have you got anything yet?!?!?! has anyone!?

i only did my AC in aug and i heard back several days later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I had my Ac at the start of June and received vetting 12 days later.:D. Wish they would hurry up with a med date.

Advertisement