Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullslinebacker

Was excessive facial hair one of them????!!!
    I have a shocking 'tache myself:D

Sadly not! I would prefer it if we did not talk about my beard, i only have six weeks left with it!! :(

Honestly i have not been clean shaven since 2001! I am so sad....

Perhaps i could have a little beard memorial...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

how good is the beard, is it sebastian chabal standard yet? i dont have to worry about a beard, Im not that hairy yet, still have my baby smooth cheeks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

jonboy22 wrote: »
    Ok, point taken on board :D

So what about passive smoking of the stuff because i really don't want to fail the medical :( A few of my friends are wanting me to go to amsterdam and i know what some of them will be doin :rolleyes: (should i arrest them when they come back? lol) but if i was to be with them in these 'smoking cafes', would i still fail the med test? as i am probably still consuming the stuff via passive smoking? :confused:

Also, 1 more thing, u c the hair sample, is it taken from ur head or hairs on ur arm etc?

P.S i know this all sounds strange and seedy but i'm not into any of tht carry-on but i cant help it if sum ppl i know are.

Jon

Not going is a bit drastic... just be careful! When your mates are smoking the wacky baccy, do some, er, window shopping or something - or tell them to eat buns instead! :P

But, i suppose, its better to err on the side of caution and postpone the holiday IF it means enough to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MrFug

Was excessive facial hair one of them????!!!
    I have a shocking 'tache myself:D

Post a picture of your beard then MGH and we will comment on it :)

Ahhh, schoolboy humor, no matter how hard i try, i just can't rise above it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

how good is the beard, is it sebastian chabal standard yet? i dont have to worry about a beard, Im not that hairy yet, still have my baby smooth cheeks :D

You'll be alright sunshine, when puberty hits and you get bumfluff and your balls drop you'll not know whats hit ya. You'll be moving from the sopranos to the tenors quicker than you can say " you have the right to remain silent....":D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

You'll be alright sunshine, when puberty hits and you get bumfluff and your balls drop you'll not knos whats hit ya. You'll be moving from the sopranos to the tenors quicker than you can say " you have the right to remain silent....":D

speaking from experience are we MGH:eek: ;)

conor123 wrote: »
    speaking from experience are we MGH:eek: ;)

Alright. its no secret I used tobe called Dave. Get over it.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭conor123

MrDaveHunt from now on then:D

conor123 wrote: »
    MrDaveHunt from now on then:D

Now now, thats not really showing respect for diversity is it?!!! Dont get all smug just cos you're in!:D

turn your back for half an hour and the filthy language isnt long coming out. Think you would be more sensible for someone hitting 40! :D

• Advertisement

turn your back for half an hour and the filthy language isnt long coming out. Think you would be more sensible for someone hitting 40! :D

Hitting 40!!! Cheeky monkey!!! I'm only 36!!!!! You are SO not getting a drink from me.......
    And I dont look 36 as I constantly get told!So:p

You are old enough to be my mum haha. I think I will buy some champagne to celebrate getting in. Were gona hang this night up on the wall and frame her! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jonboy22

ok i've decided to give the holiday a miss, really dont want to do anythin that could jeopardise my chances.

and no i dont have a date for my medical yet, i was told that i'd be contacted sometime in sept.

although this has got me worried, i have some work colleges that sometimes smoke the stuff in my presence, take it i should avoid them when their using that stuff then from now on, although seriously if it was found in my system, even jus a small amount from passive smoking, would i fail? or could i appeal or what? amean u could be inhaling that stuff in clubs, cars, anywhere really.

Jon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

ok i've decided to give the holiday a miss, really dont want to do anythin that could jeopardise my chances.

and no i dont have a date for my medical yet, i was told that i'd be contacted sometime in sept.

although this has got me worried, i have some work colleges that sometimes smoke the stuff in my presence, take it i should avoid them when their using that stuff then from now on, although seriously if it was found in my system, even jus a small amount from passive smoking, would i fail? or could i appeal or what? amean u could be inhaling that stuff in clubs, cars, anywhere really.

Jon

You cant smoke in clubs and if your in a car where its being smoked you are putting yourself in the position were drugs are being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Hitting 40!!! Cheeky monkey!!! I'm only 36!!!!! You are SO not getting a drink from me.......
    And I dont look 36 as I constantly get told!So:p

I can vouch for this, MGH (or Dave as she has more recently been known) Does not look her age!! :)

I would imagine to test positive for it you would need to have inhaled it yourself not second hand.

Fo wrote: »
    I can vouch for this, MGH (or Dave as she has more recently been known) Does not look her age!! :)

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Jon

Can I test positive for secondhand smoke?

FSR Drug Test Frequently Asked Questions
    No. Research experiments have been conducted that exposed nonsmoking individuals to heavy concentrations of marijuana smoke in confined quarters. The nonsmoking individuals could not absorb enough smoke, even after several hours of exposure, to cause a positive result in subsequent urinalysis.

http://www.querycat.com/faq/a26524a62aaca07d989c87ed689b8b91

what i thought :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

1st passive smoking. Then this www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9-2-PnO5CA&watch_response it's a slippery slope :D

• Advertisement

To much time on your hands JVB :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

I've been in the presence of much dope smoking in my time but since I've been seriously thinking about applying for the police and since I did apply I have kept as much distance from it as possible.
    Was round at a friends BBQ a couple of weeks ago and some guy passed me a joint and I quite literally ran to the other end of the garden - Not taking any risks with the medical or with anything for that matter.

+ if i was to get it, it wouldn't do much for my integrity to be smoking it or knowing being in the presence of its use (if that makes sense)

I've been in the presence of much dope smoking in my time but since I've been seriously thinking about applying for the police and since I did apply I have kept as much distance from it as possible.
    Was round at a friends BBQ a couple of weeks ago and some guy passed me a joint and I quite literally ran to the other end of the garden - Not taking any risks with the medical or with anything for that matter.

+ if i was to get it, it wouldn't do much for my integrity to be smoking it or knowing being in the presence of its use (if that makes sense)

Yeah it makes sense and wise move.

P.S. how did your friend BBQ in this weather :confused:

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Yeah it makes sense and wise move.

P.S. how did your friend BBQ in this weather :confused:

with a LOT alcohol!! :pac:

with a LOT alcohol!! :pac:

That was my first guess.....

alot of my friends would do it from time to time and i have never once tried it, I always leave the room or go outside until they are finished. I think my worst nightmare would be someone making me have to smoke any kind of drug or cigarette. I would cry.

I'm expecting to pay a fee to the GP who does up my MHQ, anyone got any ball park figures for how much they charge? I've heard £20 from someone on here so far?

I'm expecting to pay a fee to the GP who does up my MHQ, anyone got any ball park figures for how much they charge? I've heard £20 from someone on here so far?

Yeah it will be no more than that, think i was charged £18 a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

lolol i see wacky baccy:D seems to be centre of disscussion here, ive been to a few huz parties recently when people have been smoking it, its so awkward tho cuz if i leave the room it looks suspicous and i cnt say about the police cuz i dont want some people finding out:(

inspector it should be no more than 20 pound id! i got mine done for free tho,dont undersdtand what way they do it:confused:

• Advertisement

Got mine for free too. I offered to pay as well and he said no no you never know when i will run into you again sometime. :D

Advertisement