Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

carlty888 wrote: »
    I'm told it's not a good idea to be so specific about details such as your merit placing.

I edited right away when I caught myself on....Your quick off the mark!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

I didn't realise the merit score could be used maliciously? I thought it was just like your candidate number and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

Zzoop wrote: »
    I didn't realise the merit score could be used maliciously? I thought it was just like your candidate number and all that jazz.

it just makes you easily identied to the PSNI/Consensia.
    I don't know what the problems with that might be, probably better to remain anon anyway

Ah right I see.

"Hey.. that was a crazy night last night guys!! I was so wiped off my face on disco biscuits I could hardly walk!! - But on other news!! I got my merit score!! It's 234!!"

Two days later..

"..Yeah... Got a Dear John Letter so I did.."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

Thank god I didn't know that well...It's the only thong that got me through the last 6 months!!

If thongs are what gets you though....
    Probably best to keep that quiet at Garnerville. It could invite attention from the likes of JVB. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

*Thing

It's strictly for comfort ok!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

If thongs are what gets you though....
    Probably best to keep that quiet at Garnerville. It could invite attention from the likes of JVB. :D

Only if its pink and frilly. He likes sequins too.:P

Thongs are so last year.. It's all about lime green mankinis I hear.

Zzoop wrote: »
    Thongs are so last year.. It's all about lime green mankinis I hear.

Now you're talkin'.

It's niiiiice!! Yakshimash!

Now you're talkin'.

It's niiiiice!! Yakshimash!

Better watch the chit chat or we'll get wrists slapped.
    Take it to the gals thread!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭jim2008

Better watch the chit chat or we'll get wrists slapped.
    Take it to the gals thread!;)
    Good idea:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not seen you in a while on the boards - whats the crack with your vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

no mate no word yet,will be about nine months now next week, as far as campaign coming to an end i have been told on a couple of occassions now by recruitment that it doesnt matter how long your vetting takes if you were high enough for a place it will be kept
    ps. how long are you waiting on your vetting?

Sent the forms off just after Christmas so getting close on 8 months since posting them back.

Thats one worry off my mind I suppose, just have to sit and do a bit more waiting :(

Not seen you in a while on the boards - whats the crack with your vetting?
    Hi, waiting on it to come back from the garda:( Thats been 9 months now, but that **** up i was telling you about set my vetting back a few months.

jim2008 wrote: »
    Hi, waiting on it to come back from the garda:( Thats been 9 months now, but that **** up i was telling you about set my vetting back a few months.

Chin up. I've passed AC. Only hope I will be offered Vetting.
    Cant be much longer for you.Are you in for C14?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 WEE SCOT

Hi was wondering if anyone could offer some words of advice. I received vetting forms about two weeks after AC in July - - letter from Consensia has since arrived saying I should not expect to be hear from PSNI until Sept ?!?!! I assumed hearing so quickly was a good thing but after reading through a lot of the posts not so sure now. Not getting my scores until November but had hoped to be vetted by then. Anyone else had similar experience?:confused:

WEE SCOT wrote: »
    Hi was wondering if anyone could offer some words of advice. I received vetting forms about two weeks after AC in July - - letter from Consensia has since arrived saying I should not expect to be hear from PSNI until Sept ?!?!! I assumed hearing so quickly was a good thing but after reading through a lot of the posts not so sure now. Not getting my scores until November but had hoped to be vetted by then. Anyone else had similar experience?:confused:

You're in the same boat as a number of us. There have been several theories as to why some of us have received vetting forms while others have not, but the honest answer is that none of us really know. It may indicate a good score at the A/C, it may be random. :o

Vetting can take up to (and sometimes over) a year for some people, so don't be putting to much hope in being cleared quickly. It does happen, but there are no guarantees.

Chin up. I've passed AC. Only hope I will be offered Vetting.
    Cant be much longer for you.Are you in for C14?
    No, no point cause i will be offered a place with c13. People with same background with numbers way behind me have started already so its just the vetting holding me up. Could be starting training with you with c14 if it takes much longer.

jim2008 wrote: »
    No, no point cause i will be offered a place with c13. People with same background with numbers way behind me have started already so its just the vetting holding me up. Could be starting training with you with c14 if it takes much longer.

Excellent. There are a few theories but we think the first intake of C14 might be November. So its a possibility alright!
    Keep us posted!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

Howdy there,

i did my AC in July, got the vetting forms, then got a letter saying i had passsed the AC and wouldnt hear back until Sept, is anyone else in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

yeah most of us here are in the same position.next stop is the medical prob get news of it in the next few weeks.well done by the way :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deanomcf

i had my a/c in july, got a letter to say iv passed but got no vetting froms yet, not sure if that reali means anything tho, ( a kno people who got the forms, then failed the a/c!!) so just a slow process all round huh?

deanomcf wrote: »
    i had my a/c in july, got a letter to say iv passed but got no vetting froms yet, not sure if that reali means anything tho, ( a kno people who got the forms, then failed the a/c!!) so just a slow process all round huh?

Well that puts paid to our theory that people who had scored well in AC where getting Vetting!!!:eek:

That's burst my bubble. I was hoping it was an indication of a high score at the A/C. :(

Back to the waiting and wondering!

That's burst my bubble. I was hoping it was an indication of a high score at the A/C. :(

Back to the waiting and wondering!

I know!!

Great Innit?!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 namnit

thanks at least, im not the only person sitting waiting! Its blooming horrible! How many times have yous all applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

namnit wrote: »
    thanks at least, im not the only person sitting waiting! Its blooming horrible! How many times have yous all applied?

I applied last year for the first time and failed IST by 4marks:o. I then applied this year again and passed IST, AC and received vetting:D. Just hoping for a medical date soon and that i scored well at the AC. :confused:

namnit wrote: »

First time for me

This is (hopefully) third time lucky for me. Failed the A/C in C11. Passed the A/C and went through the vetting/medical process in C13 (Passed both, but not placed high enough in the merit list for placement).
    As for C14..... Passed the A/C, sent vetting forms off and now just waiting for the merit list. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

Has anyone that has sent off vetting forms got word back about tattoo's they may have yet?? i know sometimes they ask for photo's and was just curious if they had heard anything

Advertisement