Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Hey I got my med date and I did the AC near the start of July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

gaz1234 wrote: »
    got med forms this morning!:) trying not to get my hopes up!! Does anyone know how many they put through that turn out to be wastage?

The way its done these days it seems if you get a medical date you are going to get in, if you pass it and vetting obviously.

Looks good is all i can say, best of luck to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

pablissimo wrote: »
    Hey I got my med date and I did the AC near the start of July.

Did Ac start of July too, got vetting forms and pass letter, but no medical date yet. Our whole streets mail has been messed up bigtime for last week and a half... i know im probably jumping the gun, but is there any other way of finding out, if i phoned would they tell me over the phone?

When my mail comes through it will probably be a Dear John....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Im still waiting on a med date as well and my AC was 9th June:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Im still waiting on a med date as well and my AC was 9th June:(

You'd better get well soon sista, that med date is in the post I can feel it in my water....:cool:
    love ya:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

The way its done these days it seems if you get a medical date you are going to get in, if you pass it and vetting obviously.

Looks good is all i can say, best of luck to you

I really wish that were true. :rolleyes:
    C13 proved otherwise for me though. I don't mean to sound negative, but this appears to be déjà vu for me. Maybe C14 will be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

Does anyone have any idea when the first intake for C14 is likely to be. I have heard a few people mention January, any chance it would be sooner than that?

Does anyone have any idea when the first intake for C14 is likely to be. I have heard a few people mention January, any chance it would be sooner than that?

Theres every possibility that C14 candidates could go in Nov or Dec to make up spaces on C13 intakes. January might probably be the first sole C14 intake.
    But who really knows? Its all purely speculative!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Panicking big style!! Still no med date, seeing others getting med dates has put the wind up me. I thought it would def have been here yesterday but alas no.

Fingers crossed for this week, i hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Anyone receive vetting forms today? My poor postman looks very frightened and bewildered every day as I run to get the post off him. Today there was an A4 envelope with my name on it and I was so excited - only to be completely deflated when it turned out to be nothing of importance *sigh*.

A couple of people who did their a/cs around the time I did mine (3rd week of July) received their forms at the end of last week so I'm really hoping mine arrive this week :rolleyes: otherwise I may start fearing the worst :eek:

At least a Dear John didn't arrive on the mat, that would have been so much worse!

MBC x

Highly unlikely to get post on Monday - anything posted Friday would have been delivered Saturday, wouldnt think they'd work weekends?
    Could be wrong but makes sense.

Start worrying again tomorrow - like me!!:D
    Anyone receive vetting forms today? My poor postman looks very frightened and bewildered every day as I run to get the post off him. Today there was an A4 envelope with my name on it and I was so excited - only to be completely deflated when it turned out to be nothing of importance *sigh*.

A couple of people who did their a/cs around the time I did mine (3rd week of July) received their forms at the end of last week so I'm really hoping mine arrive this week :rolleyes: otherwise I may start fearing the worst :eek:

At least a Dear John didn't arrive on the mat, that would have been so much worse!

MBC x

I finally have you sensed in to 'NO POST MONDAY':D

Oh alright!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Unless they send it second class? Oh dear back to watching for post!!!:eek::eek::eek: LOL

Everything so far has been 1st class (big spenders). :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Did AC on 1st August and got vetting forms today.

Just looking through the form and want to check if when they ask for details of government employment (police, army, civil service etc.) I take it's that just in Northern Ireland. What about if you have had that type of employment in the Republic?

Thanks MGH, I nearly relaxed a bit (at least until tomorrow's post obviously) until I read Mark's message about receiving vetting forms today :( and he did his a/c well after mine. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I'm going mad wondering when and if and why.........I never realised I was so bad at this waiting malarky.

PLEASE let me get vetting forms tomorrow.......

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Did anyone else get Vetting forms this morning? If so can I ask when your AC was?

I didnt:(

Expecting Dear John in the very near future....

I received my vetting forms on saturday morning (6th), posted them back today, never been so quick at filling out a form! I did my AC on Tue 29 July and found out the following Monday that I had passed... I am honestly shocked at how quickly they came out, from reading up on everyone elses' post was expecting to be ages away.... still not sure if the 4 week gap is a quick or slow turnaround time? Any ideas anyone?
    I failed my medical in 2002 due to my eyesight, which has now been fixed, so am waiting with great anticipation to see if/when i get my medical date... so want this job.

I received my vetting forms on saturday morning (6th), posted them back today, never been so quick at filling out a form! I did my AC on Tue 29 July and found out the following Monday that I had passed... I am honestly shocked at how quickly they came out, from reading up on everyone elses' post was expecting to be ages away.... still not sure if the 4 week gap is a quick or slow turnaround time? Any ideas anyone?
    I failed my medical in 2002 due to my eyesight, which has now been fixed, so am waiting with great anticipation to see if/when i get my medical date... so want this job.

Sounds good to me! If I were you I'd be feeling pretty good right now :D

I'm kind of sorry now I asked the question though - you did your a/c after me as well and I've STILL no vetting forms *deep breaths*.

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭PEGGYSUE'S MAMA

Sounds good to me! If I were you I'd be feeling pretty good right now :D

I'm kind of sorry now I asked the question though - you did your a/c after me as well and I've STILL no vetting forms *deep breaths*.

MBC x

Am trying not to count my chickens until they hatch... my husband did his ac in middle of june and he has not heard a dickie bird, he is ok about it though, he is in a job he loves, I on the other hand despise mine! I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.... the whole process is a mess, look at the likes of Strathclyde Police and the Met, their process is much simpler and easier to figure out! though you do have to be able to swim to get in on the mainland, am crap without my armbands! haha.

Hope you hear back very soon MBC, but if there is one thing i have learned about life, what's for you will not go by you, believe me!!!

• Advertisement

Am trying not to count my chickens until they hatch... my husband did his ac in middle of june and he has not heard a dickie bird, he is ok about it though, he is in a job he loves, I on the other hand despise mine! I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.... the whole process is a mess, look at the likes of Strathclyde Police and the Met, their process is much simpler and easier to figure out! though you do have to be able to swim to get in on the mainland, am crap without my armbands! haha.

Hope you hear back very soon MBC, but if there is one thing i have learned about life, what's for you will not go by you, believe me!!!

Hello again!

Yes I believe in that little motto too :) My a\c was 21 July so I'm hoping you just did REALLY well and are at the top end of the merit list and they will get to me in a day or two :D....time will tell!

Really must go do something constructive. Am trying to motivate myself to get on the treadmill but I'm feeling very lazy today. Vetting forms would have been an incentive to get moving lol.

MBC x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭surfrunner

It makes sense that the vetting is staggered over the course of the recruitment. They would require substantially more than 440 to be vetted to account for those who dont make it through vetting and medical, so rather than send out say 700 vetting forms all at once they would be better doing them in stages. I haven't received mine yet but hope to do so. Be patient Y'all.:cool:

Question. Can you pass the AC, get your Vetting forms, complete & return them,pass vetting but not get a medical?

Its just ive well returned my VF's (mid-July) & with no reason for me to fail Vetting I'm worried that i won't get a medical.

I's so living everyday for the post to arrive!!!

I returned my vetting in mid june and i still have no med date. I wouldn't worry too much.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Sadie OOO!!!

I don't understand this whole process!!!! PSNI have said that there only sending out vet forms to people who score high enough in the A/C. But people have been getting the forms from June even though the A/C did not end till the end of August. I'm lost.......:confused:

I don't understand this whole process!!!! PSNI have said that there only sending out vet forms to people who score high enough in the A/C. But people have been getting the forms from June even though the A/C did not end till the end of August. I'm lost.......:confused:

The A/C's are now a familiar process for the PSNI so I'm sure that they are able to say that any score above a certain mark will be good enough to be worth vetting.

The merit list cannot be decided until everyone's A/C scores are collated. Where you stand on this is more important than whether you get vetting early or not.

Gee-22 wrote: »
    MGH
    You could still be in the second batch. You still have a shout.

I was!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

I was!

lol the long awaited happy face:D glad to hear you received them!!

I returned my vetting in mid june and i still have no med date. I wouldn't worry too much.:)

Hey PYG, i'm glad to hear you say that!!! Not that you have no med date but that your in a similar position to myself!! My nerves are well & truly wrecked, i live for the postman every day!

given1 wrote: »
    lol the long awaited happy face:D glad to hear you received them!!

Chuffed to bits:p
    Will have renewed energy on treadmill tonight!!! LOL

• Advertisement

Chuffed to bits:p
    Will have renewed energy on treadmill tonight!!! LOL

lol fitness:eek::eek:..... what about alcohol;):D

Hi everyone

While I am very pleased for MrsGH and all the rest of you lucky sods that have moved on through vetting/medicals etc etc I am sinking into the depths of despair fearing my lack of vetting forms since my a/c on 21 July means I have not scored highly enough :(. To those of you who have gone through all this before, do you think I'm out of the running? A couple of people on here who did their a/c up to a fortnight after me have received vetting forms. Is it pretty much certain that those scoring highest are receiving their vetting forms first? Or could it be going in some other sort of order (candidate number or alphabetically for example) or am I just clutching at straws? Also do you think it's working differently this time or does it seem to be running pretty much the same as previous campaigns? Thanks for any glimmer of hope :D and again congrats to all those moving onwards and upwards!

MBC x

I was!

Congratulations. :D

Really glad to hear that. You were starting to sound too pessimistic about your chances. The boards wouldn't be the same without you.

Hey PYG, i'm glad to hear you say that!!! Not that you have no med date but that your in a similar position to myself!! My nerves are well & truly wrecked, i live for the postman every day!

Hey,

Do you find yourself getting really miffed with the postman when he doesnt have any post for you? I do!!! Its not as if its his fault. My mum actually warned our postman that i was after him. Mwah ha ha ha

Hi everyone

While I am very pleased for MrsGH and all the rest of you lucky sods that have moved on through vetting/medicals etc etc I am sinking into the depths of despair fearing my lack of vetting forms since my a/c on 21 July means I have not scored highly enough :(. To those of you who have gone through all this before, do you think I'm out of the running? A couple of people on here who did their a/c up to a fortnight after me have received vetting forms. Is it pretty much certain that those scoring highest are receiving their vetting forms first? Or could it be going in some other sort of order (candidate number or alphabetically for example) or am I just clutching at straws? Also do you think it's working differently this time or does it seem to be running pretty much the same as previous campaigns? Thanks for any glimmer of hope :D and again congrats to all those moving onwards and upwards!

MBC x

im in the exact same situation as you as well for c14, did my A/c roughley that time to! i wouldnt worry to much, theres still the rest of the week and next week for the vetting froms to be sent out. it does look like those who have a high merit score are receiving vetting froms!! but dont be disheartened, in c13 i did my A/C in october and didnt receive vetting forms until january and medical until june and id dare say i would have made the october intake if i hadnt obtained a sporting injury! look at carlty888 an early medical and vetting is no guarentee.

it seems to be running smoother and more systematically compared to last year! there could possibly be a system to vetting or its just random, no one knows for sure!

and by no means are you out of the running at all!!

given1

I definately wouldn't say you're out of the running. We're all still in with a shout until we get a Dear John. Getting vetting early only means that you got vetting early. Wait for the merit list. You could still find yourself higher up it than some of those who have received vetting forms.

carlty888 wrote: »
    Congratulations. :D

Really glad to hear that. You were starting to sound too pessimistic about your chances. The boards wouldn't be the same without you.

Aw bless.
    :o

I was!

MGH did you get your vetting forms today? And did anyone else recieve theirs? :eek:

MGH did you get your vetting forms today? And did anyone else recieve theirs? :eek:

I did indeed. :D
    Very relieved I have to say. Did AC end of first week of August if that helps.

• Advertisement

I did indeed. :D
    Very relieved I have to say. Did AC end of first week of August if that helps.

That's great MGH. Did my A/C on 20th Aug. My postman is really starting to have that afraid look on his face as every day goes past...Hopefully tomorrow then..Want this so bad!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 olympian31

Sat AC in June got letter to say i have passed in August. However letter said do not expect to hear before September. Others that sat the AC with me have had vetting forms and medical date but no letter to say that they have passed. What happening out there.
    Can anyone tell me how or where to find out where i am in the pool ?.
    How many intakes this year?
    starting to panic that got this far to be brushed aside.

olympian31 wrote: »
    Sat AC in June got letter to say i have passed in August. However letter said do not expect to hear before September. Others that sat the AC with me have had vetting forms and medical date but no letter to say that they have passed. What happening out there.
    Can anyone tell me how or where to find out where i am in the pool ?.
    How many intakes this year?
    starting to panic that got this far to be brushed aside.

Merit pool will be available from end of september. My letter also stated that PSNI wouldn't be in contact until September. You can phone up PSNI if it makes you feel better as i did but i was informed that the second batch of vetting forms where being prepared at present to be posted in next couple of weeks. I know MRSGENEHUNTER recieved hers today.(Tuesday)

Keep the chin up it'll be worth waiting for!!!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 adam2695

Hey,

I did the A/C at the end of July and received the pass letter at the beginning of august. Anyone who did it at the end of august got their vetting forms or anything else yet? this waiting about is a load of c*ap! :mad:

adam2695 wrote: »
    Hey,

I did the A/C at the end of July and received the pass letter at the beginning of august. Anyone who did it at the end of august got their vetting forms or anything else yet? this waiting about is a load of c*ap! :mad:

Did you mean end of July?

Yeah sorry the end of july. Just wondering cause its stupid the amount of time that u have to wait and they give u no indication if u ring them up. Poorly run system in some ways if u ask me.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

You havent been waiting very long to be honest. Most people wait between 6-12 months to find out if they have got in. Just put it out of your mind and you will hear from them when they have got to you. Its hard to do I know but its better if you do. I worried for months and months and in the end I got in, so it was all for nothing.

You havent been waiting very long to be honest. Most people wait between 6-12 months to find out if they have got in.

Good point. We are six months into this already! The 2nd batch of vetting has only just been dispatched and medicals have only started.
    The waiting aint easy but we have no choice. :D

yeah i know wat u mean, just annoying. Anybody got any luck lately with everything? The postman has been giving me really funny looks as he thinks everyday must be my birthday with me waiting for him lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 olympian31

Hi There
    Few questions to ask
    have passed the AC and got the letter to say i would not be contacted before Sept.
    Is there any way i can find out where i stand in the drafting pool.

olympian31 wrote: »
    Hi There
    Few questions to ask
    have passed the AC and got the letter to say i would not be contacted before Sept.
    Is there any way i can find out where i stand in the drafting pool.

The merit pool will not be available until the end of Sept. You can ring Recruitment then and ask for your number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement