Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

All those who have had vetting forms to date seem to have completed their ACs fairly early on, June and July. Has anyone who did an August AC had vetting yet?

I'm getting more depressed by the minute...:(

I wouldn't let that depress you. Given the date you did your A/C, there's no way you'd have gotten vetting forms by now. This is no indication as to how well you've done. Just means you'll have to wait for the second or third batch to be sent out.

The very last person to get the forms could still be number 1 on the merit list.

I also heard from a reliable source that some peeps from past campaigns who were discarded from the merit pool are being called back. Why? I don't know, that's what i heard.

Now why did you have to go and say a thing like that? :D

You've gone and got my hopes up about C13 even though I've received a "Dear John.". Im gonna go demented!!! :eek:

If they are doing this, it's probably because more people than they anticipated are failing vetting, medicals, or for some other reason aren't taking up places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I have a feeling alot of people have been put off recently due to the increased in attacks on officers, Im sure PSNI know for sure but im guessing this might have something to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

Hey everyone, I knew someone who got in on the last campaign, even though he had not applied since camp 11! This annoyed me big time but apparently some recruits were 'poached', so they needed to fill up the campaign fast with recruits who had already been vetted etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bullslinebacker

gaz1234 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I knew someone who got in on the last campaign, even though he had not applied since camp 11! This annoyed me big time but apparently some recruits were 'poached', so they needed to fill up the campaign fast with recruits who had already been vetted etc!

This stands to reason. These poachees had passed everything and were 'ready to rock'. Although it turns the whole process on its head!!!!

With regards to the whole 'intimidation' scenario. If you are applying - TELL NO-ONE. I know this sounds like simple advice but its easy to let it slip to someone you think you know well. I live in an area where it would not be good if people found out - when posting all forms back i actually waited at the postbox until the postie turned up and handed them to him! Sounds excessive, but you can't be too careful. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

This stands to reason. These poachees had passed everything and were 'ready to rock'. Although it turns the whole process on its head!!!!

With regards to the whole 'intimidation' scenario. If you are applying - TELL NO-ONE. I know this sounds like simple advice but its easy to let it slip to someone you think you know well. I live in an area where it would not be good if people found out - when posting all forms back i actually waited at the postbox until the postie turned up and handed them to him! Sounds excessive, but you can't be too careful. :D

i second that, when i went to collect my medical questionaire from my GP, she had walked into the waiting to hand me it and it wasnt covered lol i had to do a shuttle run to get it of her, dont think anyone noticed!! its in an area where the police are still detested and probably always will be, it just shows ya the fear that you have about joining even at this stage!so discretion would be the best way forward...

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Just got a very soggy vetting form through the door this morning. Did the ac around 22nd July.

Just got a very soggy vetting form through the door this morning. Did the ac around 22nd July.

Congratulations.

Sadie OOO!!! was saying the next batch of vetting forms were being prepared and here they are. I assume we'll be getting some more positive news from boardies over the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

fingers crossed for everyone!

although these particular vetting forms are of no use whatsoever as they are completely soaked through and are coming apart in my hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Reading the last few posts the writing is on the wall for me.

Did my a/c on the 12 June, passed but no vetting forms yet.

Dear John
    Blah blah blah blah blah.......

• Advertisement

fingers crossed for everyone!

although these particular vetting forms are of no use whatsoever as they are completely soaked through and are coming apart in my hands.

Probably wouldn't hurt to contact Recruitment Branch to ask their advice. They may or may not send out other forms, so I'd try to get those ones dried. Press them and leave them in a warm room/hotpress for a few hours.

Gee-22 wrote: »

Dear John

It ain't over 'til the *big-boned* lady sings. In C13 I got vetting forms months before some boardies. They are starting in Garnerville, while I, I'm afraid, am not.

Most of what's written in these posts is speculation, with a few facts thrown in. None of us are entirely clear on how the whole process works. So don't be throwing the towel in just yet. We'll get a clearer picture once the merit list is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Dear John

Think I'm joining you, nothing in the post for me this morning, did AC at end of the first week of August.

That big boned laydee is singing my tune.....:(

Think I'm joining you, nothing in the post for me this morning, did AC at end of the first week of August.

That big boned laydee is singing my tune.....:(

MGH
    Ive been waiting since mid June. You could still be in the second batch. You still have a shout.

be patient people. Last time round a chap I know didnt get vetting until February, 4 months after ac and his merit number was 250's. So dont worry too much yet

MGH
    Ive been waiting since mid June. You could still be in the second batch. You still have a shout.

Or a 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th batch. :D

be patient people. Last time round a chap I know didnt get vetting until February, 4 months after ac and his merit number was 250's. So dont worry too much yet

I know goodcopbadcop. Just stressing, been so long since A/c with no vetting forms and to hear on here and to know people who have filled out vetting forms, waiting on medicals etc.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gaz1234

got med forms this morning!:) trying not to get my hopes up!! Does anyone know how many they put through that turn out to be wastage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

got med forms this morning!:) trying not to get my hopes up!! Does anyone know how many they put through that turn out to be wastage?

woohoo! Join the medical forms club (so far including myself and pb999)!
    Congratulations

Did anyone else get Vetting forms this morning? If so can I ask when your AC was?

I didnt:(

Expecting Dear John in the very near future....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭pablissimo

Hey I got my med date and I did the AC near the start of July.

The way its done these days it seems if you get a medical date you are going to get in, if you pass it and vetting obviously.

Looks good is all i can say, best of luck to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

pablissimo wrote: »
    Hey I got my med date and I did the AC near the start of July.

Did Ac start of July too, got vetting forms and pass letter, but no medical date yet. Our whole streets mail has been messed up bigtime for last week and a half... i know im probably jumping the gun, but is there any other way of finding out, if i phoned would they tell me over the phone?

When my mail comes through it will probably be a Dear John....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Im still waiting on a med date as well and my AC was 9th June:(

Im still waiting on a med date as well and my AC was 9th June:(

You'd better get well soon sista, that med date is in the post I can feel it in my water....:cool:
    love ya:P

The way its done these days it seems if you get a medical date you are going to get in, if you pass it and vetting obviously.

Looks good is all i can say, best of luck to you

I really wish that were true. :rolleyes:
    C13 proved otherwise for me though. I don't mean to sound negative, but this appears to be déjà vu for me. Maybe C14 will be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

Does anyone have any idea when the first intake for C14 is likely to be. I have heard a few people mention January, any chance it would be sooner than that?

Does anyone have any idea when the first intake for C14 is likely to be. I have heard a few people mention January, any chance it would be sooner than that?

Theres every possibility that C14 candidates could go in Nov or Dec to make up spaces on C13 intakes. January might probably be the first sole C14 intake.
    But who really knows? Its all purely speculative!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Louisiana 1927

AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Panicking big style!! Still no med date, seeing others getting med dates has put the wind up me. I thought it would def have been here yesterday but alas no.

Fingers crossed for this week, i hope!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Anyone receive vetting forms today? My poor postman looks very frightened and bewildered every day as I run to get the post off him. Today there was an A4 envelope with my name on it and I was so excited - only to be completely deflated when it turned out to be nothing of importance *sigh*.

A couple of people who did their a/cs around the time I did mine (3rd week of July) received their forms at the end of last week so I'm really hoping mine arrive this week :rolleyes: otherwise I may start fearing the worst :eek:

At least a Dear John didn't arrive on the mat, that would have been so much worse!

MBC x

Advertisement