Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 3 - Vetting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

I put N/A , i think :) Actually i may have just filled in the current address again to be sure. Cant actually remember. Sorry. This is a pointless post, no help to you
    Well atleast it made me chuckle! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

lolol trust pyg:D i would just put n/a fo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 welshy1873

I am a bit worried about the credit isue too as i have an average mortgage for my own house but also have a buy to let mortgage on a house in scotland and 1 c.c my history should be clean i missed 1 payment on c.c. due to not getting bill but everything else is paid on time everytime, but was more worried because i am only 23 do they take age into account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 rugby_blonde

Ok,

So I've recieved a confirmation letter saying I've passed Stage two but don't have the Scores or feedback. I havent recieved any Vetting Forms and to be honest i'm quite simply peeved at not knowing whats going on..

Can anyone help me?

I know that because It says I've passed Stage two doesnt necessarily mean I'll get in etc etc. If I gain a high score though does this mean I'm moe or less in or what?

Please Help!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭New Recruit

Ok,

So I've recieved a confirmation letter saying I've passed Stage two but don't have the Scores or feedback. I havent recieved any Vetting Forms and to be honest i'm quite simply peeved at not knowing whats going on..

Can anyone help me?

I know that because It says I've passed Stage two doesnt necessarily mean I'll get in etc etc. If I gain a high score though does this mean I'm moe or less in or what?

Please Help!!!

You are now in the waiting game i'm afraid....

I did my AC in November, got my pass letter in December...
    Got the Vetting Forms in January..Didn't pass Vetting until May:eek:
    Got called for the medical in March..Got the pass letter 5 days later

Didn't get the call to start until last week...I start in September, 16 months after the initial application...

Be prepared for a long wait!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers New Recruit for the Help.

It seems I may pull up a Lazy-Boi and join in the activities..
    Can I just ask a question..How many times have you done the IST and A/C?

This will be my first time passing the A/C and I can't help but get my hopes up, but also want to stay level headed about the situation..

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's off to work I go..
    (Thats one thing that won't affect me, i.e working shifts) lol 5am Start- Lovely!

I failed the IST in C12...

C13 was my first AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I failed the IST in C12...

C13 was my first AC.

Passing your A/C at the first attempt and getting the invitation to Hotel Garnerville. That's good going.

C14 is my third campaign. I failed the A/C in C12, passed it in C13 and C14. I sent my C14 vetting forms off a couple of weeks ago. Now to wait. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

It was my first time doing the IST, first time AC.. Passed first time baby! but.. I STILL haven't got vetting forms yet?? AC in June... Now it's August.. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Guess the boards gone a bit on the quiet side now as everyone is waiting for the vetting and the merit numbers to come out. Has anyone got any idea when the merit numbers will be availible? I take it the A/C's are all finished now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

ACs finish this week.

I think the Merit Pool will be available mid Sept. Dont quote me on that though. But with ACs finishing this week, I think 4 weeks to get everything marked and sorted seems reasonable......but I could be wrong!:p

We can only hope!

I'm nervous, What is the Score out of? I heard 70 Or something?

I also heard that some of Campaign 14 could be selected for Campaign 13 if they didn't get enough numbers, but these could just be rumours...

We can only hope!

I'm nervous, What is the Score out of? I heard 70 Or something?

I also heard that some of Campaign 14 could be selected for Campaign 13 if they didn't get enough numbers, but these could just be rumours...

Yes the Assessment centre is scored out of 70. There is debate about whether the pass mark is 35 or 40. I was told 40 by a very reliable source and would go with that.

There is a very real possibility that the top tier of C14 could go in with the last intake of C13 to makeup the numbers, its happened before.

Nervous?

Hell yeah!
    Like a virgin at a prison rodeo:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

yeah I hope we can find the merit number out quickly!!! It will at least give us an idea of our chances of getting in and maybe take a bit of the sting out of wait. Mind you maybe it'll make it worse!!!:eek::eek::eek: Hope not!!!

I was also thinking today,

How many people do you reckon recieve Pass Letters? Are they any statistics? How do they choose the Merit?

I was also thinking today,

How many people do you reckon recieve Pass Letters? Are they any statistics? How do they choose the Merit?

Everyone who reaches the pass mark gets a pass letter.
    Once everyone has completed the ac and all the scores are in then the merit list is compiled. From the highest scoring ( No 1 on the merit list) to the lowest.

People do get Dear John letters. Dont know at what point they cut off for these.

Ah feck. I know nothing. Ignore me. I might go away!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭BoutYe

didn't know that myself, i used a police officer and he mustn't have been aware either, in saying that i sent it away last november and they haven't contacted any of my referees(and i just sent his name away again for vetting in campaign 14)

Bugger to that!!! I've done exactly the same!! It doesnt mention police in the list of people not allowed to be used!

Any word on your vetting? Im still waiting.

Anybody know what happens if the campaign comes to an end and the vetting hasn't been completed. I can guess and i'd say my guess is right (tough luck) but just wondering if anybody knows for sure.

BoutYe wrote: »
    Anybody know what happens if the campaign comes to an end and the vetting hasn't been completed. I can guess and i'd say my guess is right (tough luck) but just wondering if anybody knows for sure.

If someone is well placed on the merit list, it doesn't matter how long their vetting takes. A place will be held. Vetting for some people can take over a year. PSNI Recruitment recognise this and do not penalise candidates whos vetting goes beyond the end of the campiaign. You'd probably find that a number of C12 candidates have trained along-side C13 candidates because of this.

Everyone who reaches the pass mark gets a pass letter.
    Once everyone has completed the ac and all the scores are in then the merit list is compiled. From the highest scoring ( No 1 on the merit list) to the lowest.

People do get Dear John letters. Dont know at what point they cut off for these.

Ah feck. I know nothing. Ignore me. I might go away!:p

So you mean - Assuming everyone with merit scores 1-440 pass the vetting and medical and it's the right ratio of RC/Non-RC, Then Mr Merit Score 441 will get a Dear John Letter? Is that right? Or have I got the wrong end of the batton?

Zzoop wrote: »
    So you mean - Assuming everyone with merit scores 1-440 pass the vetting and medical and it's the right ratio of RC/Non-RC, Then Mr Merit Score 441 will get a Dear John Letter? Is that right? Or have I got the wrong end of the batton?

I think that's bang on.

• Advertisement

So let's pretend :

730 people "successfully complete the accessment center" and get the letters to prove it.

So that means there's merit scores 1-730.

My B in GCSE maths therefore tells me that there's 290 people with a percentage used as a possible back up resource?

-

See, it's a waste of time and money to vet the full 290 - so a certain pecentage of that 290 are the backup resource to sort out the 50/50 thing. So Mr Merit Score 441 could very well stand a chance - And a good chance actually.

So then the Dear John Letters would have to be sent out well after they have finalised the initial 440 Trainees. But then you must consider the dropouts. - Then the percentage of the 290 backups comes into play again.

So that's why the waiting game can be such a long game for some candidates. - Because they could be the top 10 people in the 290 that are the back up resource.

So Mr/Mrs Merit Score 441-451 could be the ones in for the really long wait - whereas Mr/Mrs Merit Score 452-730 might get their Dear John/Jane Letters a whole lot quicker.

This is correct thinking yeah? (I just want to get to grips with this in my head.. I expect I'm probably Mr Merit Score 600 or something since I haven't recieved vetting forms yet.. and it's not the right time yet to send out my Dear John Letter.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

BoutYe wrote: »
    Bugger to that!!! I've done exactly the same!! It doesnt mention police in the list of people not allowed to be used!

Any word on your vetting? Im still waiting.

no mate no word yet,will be about nine months now next week, as far as campaign coming to an end i have been told on a couple of occassions now by recruitment that it doesnt matter how long your vetting takes if you were high enough for a place it will be kept
    ps. how long are you waiting on your vetting?

Lets not get carried away with the Vetting therum...Just because you get the forms, it doesn't cost too much to post you out 20 pages, doesn't mean that they actually go the the expense of vetting them...

I got my vetting forms in January and didn't pass vetting until May. That doesn't mean it took 5 months to vet me, it means it took them 5 months to get down to my place in the merit list before they looked at my vetting form....In the interim, I went for and passed my medical in March...

I have been told that they do not call you for a medical unless thay are going to offer you a place, I would suggest this would be a better place to look for hope!

What was your merit number New Recruit?

Pm'd you...Start on Sept 7th.

I have been told that they do not call you for a medical unless thay are going to offer you a place, I would suggest this would be a better place to look for hope!

I'm afraid it's not. I got called for a medical in December 07, got the "Dear John" in January 08 and then a letter saying I'd passed the medical in February 08. My vetting (which started in November 07) was never completed. My merit score was high enough to be called for the vetting/medical, but not high enough to get in. I was in the wastage bracket.

We need a bl**dy Conspiracy theory thread LOL:D

7**...Start on Sept 7th.
    I'm told it's not a good idea to be so specific about details such as your merit placing.

carlty888 wrote: »
    I'm afraid it's not. I got called for a medical in December 07, got the "Dear John" in January 08 and then a letter saying I'd passed the medical in February 08. My vetting (which started in November 07) was never completed. My merit score was high enough to be called for the vetting/medical, but not high enough to get in. I was in the wastage bracket.

Thank god I didn't know that well...It's the only thong that got me through the last 6 months!!

• Advertisement

We need a bl**dy Conspiracy theory thread LOL:D

Haha!!

Advertisement