Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answerin yer Questions

Options
  • 06-08-2008 3:38am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭

Right I've made a few starts at doin this, but there are so many off Topic points in each thread that I felt it a good idea to start a whole new thread, just to get it out of the way so we can proceed onto other matters.

So if anyone out there would like to ask me their loaded questions I'll try to respond as best I can

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Skeptic_Desu

Right I've made a few starts at doin this, but there are so many off Topic points in each thread that I felt it a good idea to start a whole new thread, just to get it out of the way so we can proceed onto other matters.

So if anyone out there would like to ask me their loaded questions I'll try to respond as best I can
    Ok.
    Do you believe the holocaust happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yes, but there issome dispute over the actual numbers.

Next question

Yes, but there issome dispute over the actual numbers.

Next question
    I don't think we're done. Elaborate a little. Are we talking actual dispute or some fringe nazi making **** up?

anything I say in regards this will be taken out of context later and used by yerself or others to paint me into a corner as a
    "Fringe Nazi"

so yes we're done with this question

do you believe the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I've previously stayed out of the whole holocaust discussion but if there's debate about it being 5.5 million and not 6 then fine. But suggestions that it is much less than 5.5 are just rubbish. There is so much evidence and much of it from the Nazi's own records, which there were very efficient at keeping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

meglome wrote: »
    I've previously stayed out of the whole holocaust discussion but if there's debate about it being 5.5 million and not 6 then fine. But suggestions that it is much less than 5.5 are just rubbish. There is so much evidence and much of it from the Nazi's own records, which there were very efficient at keeping.

Mahatma has announced that he thinks 1-2 mil jews died in the Holocaust max (his words) and that people like the Commandant of Auswitz exaggerated the number (he has yet to explain why he thinks this Nazi would do such a thing).

Diogenes wrote: »
    Mahatma has announced that he thinks 1-2 mil jews died in the Holocaust max (his words) and that people like the Commandant of Auswitz exaggerated the number (he has yet to explain why he thinks this Nazi would do such a thing).
    So it's not so much dispute, more he ignores the evidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Is 2 million any less shocking than 6 million?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's shocking that 4 million people are being ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Diogenes wrote: »

He had target's to reach and was one some sort of productivity bonus?
    That said I accept the 5.5 - 6 million figure, I've no reason to doubt it.

Right, next question, what makes you the expert on conspiracies'?

• Advertisement

We've had this discussion before, I dont believe the Jews, I think they exagerated the figures and co opted the misery of others to further their own gains, I believe that there were maybe 2 million actual Jews Gassed/shot/dealt with, the rest of the 6 mil was eastern europeans and russians non combatants (some of whom had Jewish ancestry).

the reason Eichman would have exagerated, hell the reason most of them exagerated, was pride and a desire to overinflate their part in the "Glorious Final Solution" these guys firmly believed that they were doing the right thing by killing these people, they wanted to take the credit for the deaths of millions of people, a lot of them were annoyed that they didnt get to finish the job, whats so hard to understand about that?

Now, is this played out? or do ye want to rinse and repeat

Gillo wrote: »
    He had target's to reach and was one some sort of productivity bonus?

Yes because Genocidal fascists are in for the productivity bonus.
    That said I accept the 5.5 - 6 million figure, I've no reason to doubt it.

Right, next question, what makes you the expert on conspiracies'?

I'm not saying I'm the expert. But if you'd care to examine my previous posts on this forum and point out where I am wrong, I'm all ears.
    We've had this discussion before, I dont believe the Jews, I think they exagerated the figures and co opted the misery of others to further their own gains, I believe that there were maybe 2 million actual Jews Gassed/shot/dealt with, the rest of the 6 mil was eastern europeans and russians non combatants (some of whom had Jewish ancestry).

And your basis for this assertion is?

In the previous thread you denied that accepted death toil of civilians from Nazi extermination is 11 million.

You've yet to provide any evidence that the death toil was 6 million.

the reason Eichman would have exagerated, hell the reason most of them exagerated, was pride and a desire to overinflate their part in the "Glorious Final Solution" these guys firmly believed that they were doing the right thing by killing these people, they wanted to take the credit for the deaths of millions of people, a lot of them were annoyed that they didnt get to finish the job, whats so hard to understand about that?

Now, is this played out? or do ye want to rinse and repeat

Eichman's figures are supported by Nazi records, census records, and thousands of eyewitness reports.

Your frankly, infantile, argument is that Nazis, Soviets, the USA, and the entirety of post war europe collaborated with "the Jews" as well as every credible historian of the era.

What evidence do you have this is bullcrap Mahatma?

Incidentally if anyone wants to see just how odious and ignorant mahatma's arguments are;

read here

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055312851&page=2&highlight=nick

I'm sure he's a few minutes away from claiming he's being misquoted.

I'm not gonna go down the route of snide Jibes and abuse with you

do you want to re read my posts in the Banking threads and ask your questions, I suggest you re red them first rather than just posting your questions as there are a lot of bits you seem to have just made up and thrown in for the laugh that I never mentioned

I'm not gonna go down the route of snide Jibes and abuse with you

do you want to re read my posts in the Banking threads and ask your questions, I suggest you re red them first rather than just posting your questions as there are a lot of bits you seem to have just made up and thrown in for the laugh that I never mentioned

Generally I'd kinda admire your perseverance in many things you post. Even though you're shown to be incorrect you stick at it and by doing so keep the forum going, fair enough I suspect your smoking a lot of weed but there you go. But this really isn't one of those times. To say that the Soviets, the USA, the British, the French all exaggerated the numbers doesn't make any sense. Stalin killed a good 20 million of his own people after the war why would the Soviets care less about these Jew to exaggerate the numbers. Why in all that's holy would the Nazi's themselves keep records of the huge numbers they killed unless they really did it. No one will ever know the exact number but it's a good 5 million and maybe 6. The idea that there is this all powerful zionist group that can control all this information is an utter joke, there's just too many people involved gathering these numbers to be able to influence them.

Mahoooosive Quantities of Weed :D:D;):D:D

If I had the answers to your questions I'd post them here.

I have heard acounts of theHolocaustfromboth camps,and the more I hear fromthe Jews the less I believe their story.

The russians would have reason to exagerate, they could blame a lot of the genocide they perpetratd on the Germans, the Victors wished to Vilify Germany for its actions, the Jews wanted Israel, so they exagerated the numbers, sidelined the other victims, and gave it their best 'PoorMe'

I dont doubt that they killed Jews, just not as many as they claim, tis my belief that they are doubling up in a lot of cases, ie - from Belarus, Jewish Granmother, counted as both, then just put down as Jewish in the final tally.

You dont think there was a Zionist Conspiracy?

Why did the Nazi's attack the Jews in the first place?

Mahoooosive Quantities of Weed :D:D;):D:D

I'd ease up and see how many conspiracies you see then and I'm not trying to be smart at all.
    I have heard acounts of theHolocaustfromboth camps,and the more I hear fromthe Jews the less I believe their story.

You say Jews like they are all of the same mind and always agree with each other. So if I say all the catholic's are the same is that true? Many different credible historians from many different backgrounds agree with with the 6 million figure so it's by no means the 'Jews'. And really it isn't 'their' story, it's information taken from many different sources, obviously Jewish people took a major interest in finding out how many had been killed. But to say the 'Jews' like they could make up or majorly inflate this episode in history is just crap.
    The russians would have reason to exagerate, they could blame a lot of the genocide they perpetratd on the Germans, the Victors wished to Vilify Germany for its actions, the Jews wanted Israel, so they exagerated the numbers, sidelined the other victims, and gave it their best 'PoorMe'

The Soviets didn't justify anything. That's the 'great' thing about a totalitarian state you don't need to, you just send some more people off to the camps in Siberia and the rest stay quiet. The allies had no intention of giving the Jews Israel, if I remember my history correctly they made it as difficult as possible for a lot of Jews to get to Israel. I think any race of people who have been that has been as maligned over the centuries would be entitled to some 'poor me'. I think the Irish have been entitled to some of that too.
    I dont doubt that they killed Jews, just not as many as they claim, tis my belief that they are doubling up in a lot of cases, ie - from Belarus, Jewish Granmother, counted as both, then just put down as Jewish in the final tally.

Again with the 'they'. There is just too much evidence to actually back up the numbers.
    You dont think there was a Zionist Conspiracy?

Outside of the conspiracy sites that would be a no. And even if there was I have no idea how they could possibly fake and/or interfere with all the evidence of the mass killings of Jewish people during the war. It's just not plausible and would be near impossible.

Why did they attack the gypsies? Why did they attack the Russians? Xenophobia at it's best or should I say worst.

To be quite honest you post smacks of the paranoid ramblings of many of the conspiracies sites regarding the 'Jews'. It also comes across as racist. Any Jewish people I've met over the years were the same as every other person I've met, people are people.

Why did they attack the gypsies? Why did they attack the Russians? Xenophobia at it's best or should I say worst.
    Lets not forget the disabled, the mentally ill and the Jehovah's witnesses

Lets not forget the disabled, the mentally ill and the Jehovah's witnesses
    Plus he was none to fond of the Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

humanji wrote: »
    It's shocking that 4 million people are being ignored.

How many people to we have to reduce that to before its not shocking?

I ask because unless we can come to some reasonable figure, then we must accept that the only way to ensure a non-shocking figure is to take the best research available and then overstate the conclusions by a greater degree than any reasonable uncertainty.

• Advertisement

Could you perhaps give us where you are getting your "fromthejews" official account?

Whats your point here MC?

A) hey the Nazi's wouldn't have been after the Jew's without Just cause?

B) huh?

Seriously whats. your. point.

Are you so ignorant of the depth and level of anti semitic feelings in europe from the dark ages to the rise of nazi germany?

Jesus are you really this ignorant?

bonkey wrote: »
    How many people to we have to reduce that to before its not shocking?

I ask because unless we can come to some reasonable figure, then we must accept that the only way to ensure a non-shocking figure is to take the best research available and then overstate the conclusions by a greater degree than any reasonable uncertainty.
    I wasn't saying there has to be a set number. It was in response to:
    Is 2 million any less shocking than 6 million?

I was pointing out that if you claim it was only 2 million instead of 6, then there's a balance of 4 million people whos existence has been wiped from history. Imagine if instead of noting everyone who died in WW2 we only commenorated the death of one person. Would that be fair to all the others who died? Well, that was the point I was trying to make :)

humanji wrote: »
    Imagine if instead of noting everyone who died in WW2 we only commenorated the death of one person. Would that be fair to all the others who died? Well, that was the point I was trying to make :)

I understand...I think you may have missed the point I was trying to make.

Its easy to pick extremes and say that 1 instead of tens of millions is outrageous, or 2 million instead of 6 million. It would be equally outrageous to claim that 20 million were killed, rather than 6 million.

I'm asking where the outrage stops.

I'm fairly certain, for example, that the Jewish death-toll was no such round number as 6 million. So by how much are we (possibly) overstating or understating and why is this over/understatement not outrageous?

I'd hope that we'd get to an answer which says that a figure is not outrageous when it is the best we can produce given the evidence at hand.

This should lead us then to ask what the evidence behind the claim of 2,000,000 is, rather than simply dismissing it out of hand as being outrageous because its a gross understatement.

If 2,000,000 is outrageous as a claim, it should be because it is based on outrageous evidence, rather than because it is inaccurate with a figure we believe in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I understand...I think you may have missed the point I was trying to make.

Its easy to pick extremes and say that 1 instead of tens of millions is outrageous, or 2 million instead of 6 million. It would be equally outrageous to claim that 20 million were killed, rather than 6 million.

I'm asking where the outrage stops.

I'm fairly certain, for example, that the Jewish death-toll was no such round number as 6 million. So by how much are we (possibly) overstating or understating and why is this over/understatement not outrageous?

I'd hope that we'd get to an answer which says that a figure is not outrageous when it is the best we can produce given the evidence at hand.

This should lead us then to ask what the evidence behind the claim of 2,000,000 is, rather than simply dismissing it out of hand as being outrageous because its a gross understatement.

If 2,000,000 is outrageous as a claim, it should be because it is based on outrageous evidence, rather than because it is inaccurate with a figure we believe in.

Isn't it great that we can question this without being imprisoned. Could the death camps have physically processed/killed 6 million in the years of operation is what I would ask.

Kernel wrote: »
    Isn't it great that we can question this without being imprisoned. Could the death camps have physically processed/killed 6 million in the years of operation is what I would ask.

Indeed it is great we can question this, wasn't it you that suggested a police state was coming though?

Well considering Stalin is estimated to have killed 20 million of his own people (with no reason for 'the Jews' to 'exaggerate') I say that's very possible. Since the Nazi's were gassing people in large sheds I'd imagine you could go through an awful lot of people very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Well considering Stalin is estimated to have killed 20 million of his own people.

Much larger time period.

Much larger time period.

True but he wasn't putting them in large sheds and gassing them either.

Kernel wrote: »
    Could the death camps have physically processed/killed 6 million in the years of operation is what I would ask.

I refer back to my own post.

If you want to argue that the accepted "best guess" is wrong, then provide the evidence to show that best guess is wrong.

If you want to argue that a different figure is more accurate, then the onus is on you to provide evidence as to why we should accept that your figure is more accurate. I don't disregard it because someone can formulate a question nicely.

I mean...how go we really know that the sun rose on the 11 of June, 846? Thats what I reallly want to know.

Indeed it is great we can question this, wasn't it you that suggested a police state was coming though?

Well considering Stalin is estimated to have killed 20 million of his own people (with no reason for 'the Jews' to 'exaggerate') I say that's very possible. Since the Nazi's were gassing people in large sheds I'd imagine you could go through an awful lot of people very quickly.

I doubt the camps could have processed 6 million people. That's the population of a small country. No doubt they did participate in a massive campaign of ethnic cleansing in such a vile way - but 6 million in 3 years? BTW - where did I suggest a police state was coming?

• Advertisement

I refer back to my own post.

If you want to argue that the accepted "best guess" is wrong, then provide the evidence to show that best guess is wrong.

If you want to argue that a different figure is more accurate, then the onus is on you to provide evidence as to why we should accept that your figure is more accurate. I don't disregard it because someone can formulate a question nicely.

I mean...how go we really know that the sun rose on the 11 of June, 846? Thats what I reallly want to know.

Bonkey, why resort to such pedantry as in the last sentances of your post? Do you believe that the death camps could have processed so many in their years of operation? It would amount to around 5, 500 people per day would it not?

Advertisement