Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Answerin yer Questions

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Diogenes wrote: »
    Firstly never post from your new mobile on your way back from the pub. Sorry.

Kernel the yadvesh group have identified 4 million people, they also say there are many million more they haven't been capable of identifying.

If you're taking their figure as acceptable you're also taking their word that there are further bodies and victims they haven't identified.

Oh and the death toil in total for the holocaust is put at 9 to 11 million, so yes the camps were models of efficiency.

I don't drink alcohol or go to pubs pal.

9 to 11 million? You show me the evidence pal. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

Kernel wrote: »
    I don't drink alcohol or go to pubs pal.

And you want what? A medal?
    9 to 11 million? You show me the evidence pal. :rolleyes:

This week in irrationality.

Kernel "accepts" the figure of 4.5 million as the death toil of the holocaust, because a jewish group has identified 4.5 million victims of the holocaust. Someone, someone sane, points out to Kernel, that said group thinks that there are millions more victims, and are continuing to try and identify victims, so clearly if he's happy the fact they feel their work is incomplete, ergo you also have to agree with them that the death toil is higher.

9 to 11 Million is the accepted death toil. 4.5 million is the identified death toil of an organisation still working to identify victims.

9 to 11 million is the accepted historical record of victims of the holocaust.

You're making the extraordinary claim the onus is upon you to support your claim.

You think only four million died in the holocaust. Put up or shut up. Provide your evidence to support your claim.

Odious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

And you want what? A medal?

If I had a medal for every time I pointed out the flaws in your ridiculous assumptions I'd have enough scrap metal to build my own death star.
    Kernel "accepts" the figure of 4.5 million as the death toil of the holocaust, because a jewish group has identified 4.5 million victims of the holocaust. Someone, someone sane, points out to Kernel, that said group thinks that there are millions more victims, and are continuing to try and identify victims, so clearly if he's happy the fact they feel their work is incomplete, ergo you also have to agree with them that the death toil is higher.

When did I say I accepted 4.5 million? Ah cmon now you're losing the plot altogether lad. You're good for a laugh though, I'll give you that... and an A+ for trying. *pats head*

Kernel wrote: »
    If I had a medal for every time I pointed out the flaws in your ridiculous assumptions I'd have enough scrap metal to build my own death star.

Yet another childish pointless irrelevant ad hominem
    When did I say I accepted 4.5 million? Ah cmon now you're losing the plot altogether lad. You're good for a laugh though, I'll give you that... and an A+ for trying. *pats head*

Ahem, this week in backpeddling.
    I'll accept that 4 million actual verifiable names have been presented by the Israeli organisation in charge of finding names for holocausts. If I really was paranoid I'd disregard that as numbers killed during the conflict and displaced and lost. But I'm not, so I accept 4 million.

The "jewish organisation you refer to is the yadyeshem I linked to earlier in this thread
    http://www1.yadvashem.org/about_holo...ers/faq_3.html

A detailed list of over four million jewish victims of the holocaust.

Hey Kernel knock yourself out. Go give me evidence that your figures are accurate just don't say "nah I don't believe it, two million tops" etc, those of us who have studied or researched the sheer terrifying scale of the holocaust, are outraged by the base ignorance of those who support holocaust denial and those who use holocaust denial to support a anti-Semitic agenda.

From their website.
    There is no precise figure for the number of Jews killed in the Holocaust. The figure commonly used is the six million quoted by Adolf Eichmann, a senior SS official. Most research confirms that the number of victims was between five and six million. Early calculations range from 5.1 million (Professor Raul Hilberg) to 5.95 million (Jacob Leschinsky). More recent research, by Professor Yisrael Gutman and Dr. Robert Rozett in the Encyclopedia of the Holocaust, estimates the Jewish losses at 5.59–5.86 million, and a study headed by Dr. Wolfgang Benz presents a range from 5.29 million to six million.

The main sources for these statistics are comparisons of prewar censuses with postwar censuses and population estimates. Nazi documentation containing partial data on various deportations and murders is also used. We estimate that Yad Vashem currently has somewhat more than four million names of victims that are accessible. This figure is based primarily on some two million Pages of Testimony, which often contain information about more than one Jew who perished in the Holocaust. As of early June 1999, more than 1.6 million Pages of Testimony have been computerized. In addition, we have thousands of documents containing names from the Holocaust era, many of which are those of victims. This body of documentation has yet to be fully researched and added to our computerized database. Eventually we hope, through our computerization project, to provide as much information as possible about each victim.

You say you accept the yadvashem figure, yet ignore the fact that the yadvashem put the figure at higher than 4 million. Not my fault you can't be bothered to fecking read.

This is pathetic wriggling.

Kernel why don't you get out the polish for yet another one of your imaginary medals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Do theses threads ever actually reach a conclusion?

• Advertisement

UCD_Econ wrote: »
    Do theses threads ever actually reach a conclusion?

Kernel usually just storms off in a huff and then starts a thread about how people who are skeptical of conspiracy theories shouldn't post here.

Advertisement