Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The general chit-chat thread [READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING HERE]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Xiney wrote: »
    When I worked in an office, I was the only one there that brought their own lunch. I remember thinking, how can they afford to spend 40-50 euro a week (some were even coming in with store bought breakfast rolls etc in the morning) on crappy, unhealthy food?

it's a wonder anybody had any money left over at all.

I did:D
    & I didnt:o

That being said the 300-500(punts) 200-? after conversion (i tried to cut down for a while:) ) a week i was spending on booze didnt help

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

holy crap...

considering I don't even make 400 euro a week that makes me shudder.

holy crap...

considering I don't even make 400 euro a week that makes me shudder.

neither do i anymore, couple of steps backward to take a big leep forward (thats what im telling myself anyhu:))

Was a lot of fun though! stories ooh the stories ;)

When I worked in an office, I was the only one there that brought their own lunch. I remember thinking, how can they afford to spend 40-50 euro a week (some were even coming in with store bought breakfast rolls etc in the morning) on crappy, unhealthy food? Add to that the number of pack a day smokers and the fact that they all drove cars... it's a wonder anybody had any money left over at all.

What about all those lovely cafe's(?) that opened in sligo in the last year even though the boom was over, all be closed inside a year?
    One of them is on the site of a pub, didnt see the point when it opened as it would make a perfect ..... never give out businesss ideas over t'tinternet:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Anyone know where starbelgrade is??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

elshambo wrote: »
    I remember having one of those meatball jobs once, thought it was horrible and couldnt figure out why, now i know, I dont put salt on anything so that much would be like well euughhh..... (and yes it did taste salty)

As for the sandwitch show, between the salt and the meat pumped with water and the additives to keep the water in the meat and ham that is from any part of the pig except the ham part and the cross contamination in the sandwitch making shops (even when they make it in front of you its cross contamination central), it would really make you think about making your own lunch wouldnt it!?

ooh and the price now that were back in real Ireland, land of hearts desire to go abroad and work on the buildings again:eek:!?

If on min wage your sambo drink combo at lunch time is costing you about 45 mins work a day, thats about 180 hours a year working to buy a cheap cr*p lunch :eek:
    I might be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing other people like the taste of it even though you don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

the programe mentioned reformed meat, thankfully, they didn't show how reformed meat was formed, it would definatly put you off

:eek::eek::eek:

gustavo wrote: »
    I might be going out on a limb here but I'm guessing other people like the taste of it even though you don't.
    so?
    & your point being?
    did you really feel the need for that reply?

Im pretty sure a lot of people like it, it being one of their most popular sambo's, I dont care, was suprissed at the time i didnt like it,being well into italian tasting food but the 70 buckets of salt they put in them probably accounted for that

Chimpy, no more replies like that. Consider this a warning.

elshambo, I understand where you're coming from, but please from now on, do not engage :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Chimpy, no more replies like that. Consider this a warning.

elshambo, I understand where you're coming from, but please from now on, do not engage :)

Was that warning aimed at Gustavo? Chimp hasn't been around since lunch time yesterday?

er, yeah.

busy day at work, I think they have the same avatar? sorry about that Chimpy, meant gustavo.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

fozzle wrote: »
    Mmmm, I practically lived in my local subway in Toronto - could never go to a different one or I'd have to spend 20 minutes explaining all over again why I didn't want cheese on it "yes, I know it's free, but I'm allergic to it. No, really, no cheese!"

Wow, someone else who is allergic to cheese. :eek: Thought it was just me! :D What does it do to you? I get terrible sinusitis - think a herd of elephants doing the can can inside your forehead - not nice.

Worst place I ever visited regarding cheese was Holland, if it wasn't on it, it was in it. :rolleyes:

God, I miss pizza, though. The fake cheese stuff is like putty. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

genie wrote: »
    Wow, someone else who is allergic to cheese. :eek: Thought it was just me! :D What does it do to you? I get terrible sinusitis - think a herd of elephants doing the can can inside your forehead - not nice.

Worst place I ever visited regarding cheese was Holland, if it wasn't on it, it was in it. :rolleyes:

I would really hate to be allergic to cheese! Funny you should mention Holland, our friend back in Holland found out that she was allergic to dairy and had a nightmare trying to find food to eat. She asked for a pizza without cheese once and she just got looked at. It's not for nothing the Dutch are known as cheese heads :D(Mr T takes great pride in that name!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

genie wrote: »

:o I'm not really - I'm lactose intolerant. But try explaining that to Subway staff. Even when they believe I'm actually allergic they're incredibly reluctant to sell me what is apparently an incomplete sandwich. ^_^

Anywho, I know a bunch of people properly allergic to it - you're far from alone! Gives me migraines - ended up hospitalised with them. I still eat some cheese though - life wouldn't be worth living without it!

howdy fozzle, hope you behaved your self last night

;)

I love cheese. It's one of my weaknesses.

melted mozerella

<drools>

I have a really stupid question...how do you thank someone in a post...I've looked everywhere and can't find out how to do it.:confused:

magnumlady wrote: »
    I have a really stupid question...how do you thank someone in a post...I've looked everywhere and can't find out how to do it.:confused:

click on the thumb up icon, far right of the post you are thanking

thanks.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks you're a star, thats been wrecking me head all day!!:D

no problem

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Or you could just say Thank You in your next post:rolleyes:....glad someone resolved your problem.

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Or you could just say Thank You in your next post:rolleyes:....glad someone resolved your problem.

Eh, what's with the snappy reply? Not everyone wants to quote a post so they can thank it. In fact the thank you function was enabled so people wouldn't have to anymore.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭DenMan

Hi magnumlady

Just gave you a little thumbs up there. Now you know how to thumb. Happy thumbing, lol.

evening guys, how goes it,

;)

takola wrote: »
    Eh, what's with the snappy reply? Not everyone wants to quote a post so they can thank it. In fact the thank you function was enabled so people wouldn't have to anymore.

:rolleyes:

Oops,really sorry,it didn't mean to come across snappy at all.Infact I love the thank you function,I thought it was a great idea when it was introduced.

I apologize takola and magnumlady if you find that rude when you read it....honestly it didn't mean to be.

So how's everyone this evening?

Oh you thanked me...I love when that happens.

I'm great thanks,and yourselves.
    Would have gone out tonight but the weather was kind of depressing.

• Advertisement

not bad takola, did you find your kitty

Advertisement