Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4 - The Medical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

You on comission or what??? LOL :D

No commission, though I might tap him for it now :D. But I use his techniques (hence no Moobs ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

In that case you may be on the front cover of mens health soon!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

In that case you may be on the front cover of mens health soon!!!!:D

LOL JVB, PSNI pin up of the month!! * swoons*

Mr November! *IDEA*

Haha wonder if the Board boys will do a calendar for the gals.... rippling abs and moobs ahoy!!!

JVB is Mr November, I think Alanbelfast should be Mr August in light of his success, and here's hoping GCBC is Mr September!!!

Okayyyyy way off topic now, I'm going back to the girls thread where I belong.....:p

LOL JVB, PSNI pin up of the month!! * swoons*

Mr November! *IDEA*

Haha wonder if the Board boys will do a calendar for the gals.... rippling abs and moobs ahoy!!!

JVB is Mr November, I think Alanbelfast should be Mr August in light of his success, and here's hoping GCBC is Mr September!!!

Okayyyyy way off topic now, I'm going back to the girls thread where I belong.....:p

LOL MrsGH, but don't want to get your hopes up too much. I think it's always better to under promise and over deliver ;) Maybe I could just get Neil from the website to 'pretend' he's me :D Only fair I think for promoting his website :D

I think we can come to an agreement on a boys calender if you girls are game too??? Although me and Alan will resemble Right Said Fred with our 'hair' styles (or lack of) minus the sexuality confusion (:eek:)

I'll have a quick poll round the gals and see if we can meet that request!

Are you saying that you and Alan are follicly(sp?) challenged?? LOL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

will people who have passed ac not be getting medical dates until all ac have finished.or until theyre own vetting is complete?anyone any ideas?

belfastard wrote: »
    will people who have passed ac not be getting medical dates until all ac have finished.or until theyre own vetting is complete?anyone any ideas?

Jury out on that one still mate, Acs running til 2nd weeks in August. Who knows????????????????????????????????????:D

I'll have a quick poll round the gals and see if we can meet that request!

Are you saying that you and Alan are follicly(sp?) challenged?? LOL

No not challenged. It's our style! Think Jason Statham and Bruce Willis (Alan's the older one LOL :D)

JVB wrote: »
    No not challenged. It's our style! Think Jason Statham and Bruce Willis (Alan's the older one LOL :D)

Bruce Willis has been going bald since the days of Moonlighting!! ( Yes I am that old, bugger off)

So that wasnt realllllly a good example now was it LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

Maybe JVB thinks he is too sexy for his (PSNI) shirt:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Hey folks just a quick question, I wear contact lenses I assume I will have to take them out for my eyesight test! It takes my eyes a wee minute to adjust am a bit worried that I will horlicks things up!!:confused: Should I start practising to read things without my lenses now?? p.s. I don't have a dog and a white stick!!!:eek: Just a thought do us girls have to get undressed too!!! Aagh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    Hey folks just a quick question, I wear contact lenses I assume I will have to take them out for my eyesight test! It takes my eyes a wee minute to adjust am a bit worried that I will horlicks things up!!:confused: Should I start practising to read things without my lenses now?? p.s. I don't have a dog and a white stick!!!:eek: Just a thought do us girls have to get undressed too!!! Aagh!

Hi Kirksbabe

Yes you will have your eyes tested with and without lenses.
    A tip - ......Go in with them out as they will check your eyes without correction first. Nothing as bad as having to take them out and seeing a blurry mess!
    Another tip is - and this came from a consultant ophthalmic surgeon - When asked to read a certain line and you are having trouble - make an effort, even if you make a letter up. If they hear you say ' no sorry cant read that' then they think you are as blind as a bat. They at least want to no if you are just having trouble with the shapes of the letters. SO if having trouble.......continue with ...........a z.....p d e etc etc.
    And relax and squint your eyes as this sometimes relaxes the eye and you momentarily see better.
    If really worried about your eye test - get t hem tested by only an ophthalmic surgeon or consultant etc. If all is OK then get them to give you a report as evidence as their test is a lot more detailed than the the psni eye test.

Hope this helps

Alan

Kirksbabe. Pretty much what Alan said above. It's easy to think that you can't see a letter but take a moment, squint hard and try again; then guess :D
    Do you not have any glasses? If you do then take them instead because as Alan said you are tested aided and unaided. Glasses just make it easier for you. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Hiya, I'm pretty sure us gals do have to undress too! Not looign forward to it. I was gonna discuss more on what undies to wear on the Girls only thread! Join us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

yes everyone has to strip down to their undies in order to be poked and probed!

i think i might wear a bright pink thong this time round! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭BadCopGingerCop

Evenin All,

new to this forum but very glad I found it. Completed 2nd assessment a few weeks back. Awaiting results, I think this forum is a great source of info, keep it up folks.

And if theres any room for a Mr December in this calendar you're all talkin about, I'm up for it. (Santa thong n all!) :D

Thanks for the tips about eye test my optician assures me I will be fine but I think I will get something from him anyway and also wear my glasses. Uugh the thoughts of having to wear specs and strip to my undies I need a drinK!!):P

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hello everybody

Just did a/c yesterday so no idea as yet if I'll even be doing a medical but was having a nosy on the Consensia sight at the eyesight requirements again (as I'm a little worried about the unaided bit) and the criteria seems to have been changed?? This is now how it is set out...

Vision

Binocular vision 6/6 aided or unaided

(if visual aids are used must have 6/12 or better in best eye

Unaided acuity 6/36 binocularly

Near vision N6 aided or unaided

Normal visual fields

Severe colour deficiency not acceptable

Am visiting my optician on Thursday and am now not sure what I need to tell him. Does it mean I must have 6/12 in best eye without lenses or with? Ahhhhhh....thanks for any info :)

Edited....Just re-read what I'd written and I'm thinking I have to have 6/12 unaided in best eye - whatever that means lol.

I would take this info to the opticians with you and see if you would pass. I did with my optician and she said no problem.

It will put your mind at rest!!

Hello everybody

Just did a/c yesterday so no idea as yet if I'll even be doing a medical but was having a nosy on the Consensia sight at the eyesight requirements again (as I'm a little worried about the unaided bit) and the criteria seems to have been changed?? This is now how it is set out...

Vision

Binocular vision 6/6 aided or unaided

(if visual aids are used must have 6/12 or better in best eye

Unaided acuity 6/36 binocularly

Near vision N6 aided or unaided

Normal visual fields

Severe colour deficiency not acceptable

Am visiting my optician on Thursday and am now not sure what I need to tell him. Does it mean I must have 6/12 in best eye without lenses or with? Ahhhhhh....thanks for any info :)

Edited....Just re-read what I'd written and I'm thinking I have to have 6/12 unaided in best eye - whatever that means lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hello again everybody

Visited the optician today armed with the eyesight requirements printed off consensia's site and she is confident my eyesight is good enough - Yay!!!!!!! Don't have to worry about laser surgery now! Now I just have to actually get a medical :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice as usual you lot :)

Right, off to bath the little one - she looks like she's been up the chimney today (that's what happens when daddy is left in charge :mad:).

MBC x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

anyone not fretting about the hearing, i hear it can be a little tricky, just worrying maybe my drums have been abused a little with the awl mp3 at the max whenever im out walking or hitting the 'jim'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭pb999

i was worried about the hearing test for the medical last campaign as i work and have worked in nightclubs and at music events etc for the past for years and have been subjected to alot of noise but my hearing was fine.

Dear Fountain of all knowledge, just back from holiday and got my letter to say I have passed AC, had already completed vetting forms before the July hols, just wondered how quickly you get called for the medical? I also wondered how you find out where you are on the merit list?:confused: XX Clueless

Just had a thought, it's Friday night and everyone is out!! Duh! Here I am all alone (sob.... sob....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Just a quick question - (Sorry if this has been asked and answered before)

But for those of you who have got a letter giving their medical date etc - Is the date for the medical on it fairly close to the date of the posted letter - I mean, Once you get the letter - Have you got like a week to get fit haha - or is the date like a couple of months away, or does it vary?

Thanks in advance!

Zzoop wrote: »
    Just a quick question - (Sorry if this has been asked and answered before)

But for those of you who have got a letter giving their medical date etc - Is the date for the medical on it fairly close to the date of the posted letter - I mean, Once you get the letter - Have you got like a week to get fit haha - or is the date like a couple of months away, or does it vary?

Thanks in advance!

Think you get a couple of weeks but if you have weight to lose or want to increase your fitness aint no time like the present!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Couple of weeks.. ah, that's plenty of time! No weight to lose or anything like that - just need to maybe detox the booze and excercise more. Starjumps and all that eh? ha! Well thanks Mrs Hunt for the speedy reply!

Couple of weeks.. ah, that's plenty of time! No weight to lose or anything like that - just need to maybe detox the booze and excercise more. Starjumps and all that eh? ha! Well thanks Mrs Hunt for the speedy reply!

We aim to please round these here parts y'know!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Griffer2

Starjumps i can handle its Burpee's that kill me..... i loathe them with a passion

• Advertisement

Griffer2 wrote: »
    Starjumps i can handle its Burpee's that kill me..... i loathe them with a passion

dumb blonde question coming up - whats a burpee??

and if you put that on as a prelude to a punchline I will hunt you down...:p

Advertisement