Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cobh's 'White Witch' Helen Barrett- What are your experiences with her?

Options
  • 11-07-2008 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

What are people's experiences (if any) with 'The White Witch', Helen Barrett? Positive and/or negative..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Having seen her give a talk and known people who have gotten readings off her I have to say, whether or not she possesses a "gift" the way she puts across information can only be described as "odd". She is a bit of a crazy character (I mean that in a nice way) and has such an amazing belief in herself, whatever she says she believes absolutely. By that I mean I dont think she could ever be accused of intentionally acting fraudulently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 johnstu77v

i know agood few people who went 2 see her they were all very happy wit wot she told dem and would go again. was gonna go my self only cant get in contact wit her deferant no. now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

know of a few people who have gone to see her and highly recommend her in that they return(3of them) annually ... I however keep putting off the visit as i think she leads them in a direction that they may not otherwise have taken (but then again, that could be the result from all psychics)

but she is supposedly quite unique and worth a visit if that's your scene

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

I know 3 people who went to see her and 2 of them were amazed by her but the other girl thought she didn't have a clue at all!!!
    Would love to visit her though and see what she says

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

People seem to find her very hit and miss, some people think she is fantastic, others think she is .. well .. the exact opposite :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

I know that the founder of the World Ghost Convention (who holds a doctorate in psychology) and Professor Margaret Humphrys of UCC's Folklore and Ethnology Department both hold her in high esteem. They have each known her for many years.

Margaret Humphrys, is she any good? She's in the civic theatre in Tallaght in Sept.

6th wrote: »
    Margaret Humphrys, is she any good? She's in the civic theatre in Tallaght in Sept.

Does Margaret do psychic readings or what? Or do you just mean she's giving a lecture? I'm assuming it's the latter, based on my little knowledge about her.

Well, she has been invited back to the Convention year after year so I presume people have been pleased with her. She tends to talk about folklore and its correlation with many superstitions which abound today, in addition to differentiating wishful thinking from true perceptions.

She seems very interesting.

Sorry I got the name wrong I was thinking of medium Margaret Hurdman.

Copy%20(2)%20of%20margaret%20hurdman.jpg Oh right- this lady here? ;) She's been doing her medium work for a good 30 years. I'd say she'll be worth seeing, 6th.

Good luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Star20

Hello,
    Could anyone PM me Cobh's 'White Witch' Helen Barrett number please i hear she is spot on and would love to go see her.

Much Appreciated
    Star20 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

me too, if anyone has her number please pm me too, I would be very grateful:)

The following really made me laugh.. :pac: It's very good! It's from someone's blog..

05 April 2007

White Witch

I'm practically falling asleep as I write this (with the keyboard exerting a kind of magnetic attraction on my head), so I'll be brief..

A chronology of my life according to Helen Barrett:

Well firstly, apparently my wrinkly palms are a result of the fact that I'm a very old soul (as opposed to any dirty jokes you wish to haul out of their worn and weathered cases)! I'm also psychic - as signified by a cross on my left palm! I'm so old though, that this is my last time in this life - last roll of the dice so to speak. I don't really mind though, given that I've drowned in previous lives and the fact that I'm not due to pop my clogs 'til I'm 84 anyway.

So there's this guy... with whom I shall form a deep bond/connection with at 23. At 25 he'll propose (possibly on my birthday), house at 26, married at 27 and babba at 28. How...common or garden. Sigh. However, this baby shall be a boy and will grow up to be famous. There's also a connection with him and military/sporting medals! Two years later are twin girls, followed by a girl, a boy and another boy - all at varying intervals...'cept I probably wont have all these kids because I'll prob. need sections. Helen's confident that they'll come back as grandkids.

But who's the guy? Well I'm glad you asked! Because I'm not going to tell you! Not here anyway...Ask me in person though, you'll laugh if I do decide to tell you... All she showed me were his initials, but it's gas:) Who elso though..? At 35, I'm going to be tempted by someone returning into my life with the initial 'G' (is that a bell you hear ringing?). If I succumb to the affair, it'll break my heart and my marriage..It's going to be a 'major decision' apparently. Not much of a decision from where I'm standing... Other initials in my hand include an M with a star inside it (indicating celebrity). Or W depending on your point of view...

What else...erm... oh ya, I'm going to have a dog and a horse, live in a large house on a hill and retire at 60. I'm going to travel loads and I've an inordinate amount of luck coming my way. I should return to Ireland eventually though..

And before you mount your high horse in preparation of deriding all of this - back off; I never said I believed any of it. Anyway, I'm getting a real horse. So there. WOOHOO!

P.S. Apparently men perceive me as beng innocent.

P.P.S. I'll post about Dublin sometime when I'm feeling a little more lucid... Did I mention ELECTRIC PICNIC? No? I will do... Fair warning...

Posted by Fomma at 23:41 icon18_edit_allbkg.gif
    Labels: Cob-h

1 comments:

Anthony Whelan said... I do perceive you as innocent. I'm not a fortune teller though. How much she charge you?
    08 April 2007 00:34 icon_delete13.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tupps

Hiya, Myself and two friends went to the White Witch in June and she was ok. My friend found her very good but nothing she has said to me has happened yet. There was some things that were to happen by August and they didn't so not sure really. I have here number if you want to pm me. She did alot of answering her mobile and stretching cause she was tired on the night so not sure if there was alot of concentration going on. We have heard there is a really good woman in Croom in Limerick and at the moment trying to get her number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Tupps

Hiya,

I have the White Witches number if you want to pm me.

Tupps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dollybird

hey guys just wondering cud anyone send me on helens number if they have it please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dollybird

Star20 ur a legend thanks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

hi everyone,

I went to the White Witch on Tuesday with my sister and one of my friends. I came away and was a bit dissapointed. She was a hard lady to get in touch with from the offing, and after once abruptly cancelled our first meeting the week before, eventually we traipsed down to Cobh with open minds to see what all the fuss was about. For most of my reading Helen went on about herself and how she had been some New York radio station talking about Barrack Obama's (apparently) short life line..and rambled on about some cousin of hers that had 'willed' himself to be CEO of some big company in the US, this had been 'handy' for her as it meant he had the connections to get her on the NY radio station...she also went off on a tangent about how the witches had been banished from Ireland years and years ago, something about another famine before the famous famine, and randomly opened a page of some Cork Business Magazine that had her picture in it showing it to me before slamming it shut again. She told my sister how she had three phones, one for all the other witches of which she was head, one for her friends and family and one for plebs like ourselves! For most of these little monologues I found myself just going 'yeah yeah, sure you're great and very famous', but was mildly irritated, wasn't this supposed to be about me? In short she seemed to think quite highly of herself, which was a bit amusing...anyway she told me the following:
    1.That I had never been heartbroken: This was the most amazing thing I thought that she was most inaccurate about as I had spent the last two years of my life getting over someone and I thought at the very least that she might have been able to pick up on that;
    2.That I would be married at 33, have three kids at 34, 36, and 38 and would need c-sections (I note she told another poster this also). The curving upwards bracelets around my wrists indicated this...she said to 'ask anyone' who had had a c-section to see their wrists and that they would have the same lines;
    3. Due to my curving upwards head line, an unusual feature in a palm, she told me, this indicated that I was a high achiever...not that untrue I suppose, in school and college I was quite the nerd!:o
    3.That one of my sons would be in the military and would be famous (again she told this to my sister and another poster here)..she said that there was going to be an European Army and that was why this was showing up on so many palms of late..she said that something similar had happened before wwII in the palms of many people, who had sons who were due to be conscripted;
    4.That I would be really successful, a cluster of small vertical lines high on my right hand indicated this and I would live in a detached house when I would be married (she even drew an impression of said house for me!), and that I would live by the sea;
    5.She did get that I was in law, (am trainee solicitor) but not before telling me that I would go into politics first as my aura was purple..I found this heard to believe, I have only a very small interest in politics and don't harbour any further ambitions to pursue same;
    6.She told me that I would die at 83, and that my lifeline was long and deep and that generally I would have emotional and finanacial security, good news I guess;
    7.She told me that a man would complicate my life between the ages of 24-28, I found this to be accurate enough to be honest as my ex boyfriend lingers somewhat in the backround of my life complicating things, and that I would marry a man with the initials 'V'. She asked me the initials of my current parner, when I said they were 'C', she said sure that 'V' (the shape of the lines beneath my wedding finger) could be a 'C' too..how convenient!!
    8.The only other accurate thing that she told me was that Canada and Oregan in America would be significant for me, now my best friend lives in Vancouver and I visited her last Christmas, so I figured it must be something to do with her..but sure who knows!
    9.Again like my sister, and one of my friends, and one of the posters here she told me I would be tempted by a man around the age of 36 with the initials R...it seemed like we were all going to abandon our husbands and engage in sordid affairs!!
    10.She told all of us that we were 'deeply pscyhic' owing to a star shape on our left hand:
    11. She got my sister's boyfriend's profession right as well as other small things about her but generally her reading as well as one of my friends were pretty much the same as the above but for one or two things:
    12. She told me that I would adapt well to other countries easily and bizarrely just wrote down the lines 'he loves you' on one of the pieces of paper that she provided for me;
    13.Oh yeah and in my past life I had been killed by an earthqauke in San francisco at the age of 26.5 no less and if I went back there today I would recognise the place..cool:)

As I said she wrote out bits and pieces on a few pages of paper so I suppose you can go back in a few years and refer to them to see if her predictions transpire! As she went along her reading she would produce photopied pages of palms, sample palms if you will and would explain them for me. I thought this was a bit unneccesary after all I was only concerned with my own hand and not really those of others. She told me that several autopsies had confirmed that people who unfortunately lost their lives early on had short life lines so I suppose that was a little nugget of interest. She also mentioned the book 'The Secret' in passing and seemingly in no particular context, and she did this with my sister too, you would wonder was she endorsing it or something?

Overall, I thought alot of it was vague, that she was telling you more what you wanted to hear along the lines of traditional fortune telling, i.e. wealth, marriage, success etc. rather than anything truly pschycic and that generally it wasn't very accurate! But then again maybe my expectations were too high of one of the most famous pyschics in Ireland, I don't know... The tarot cards at the end were good, and for twenty bob it was a cheap night out and a bit of a laugh to do if you were looking for something different! We all waited in the local pub while one of us were in with her and the bar man could tell straight away that we were there to see her! Cobh is quite an atmospheric, errie town, all narrow winding streets with the majestic cathedral backdrop, its bells gonging every now and again, adding to the excitement and drama of the night but if anything it has made want to go and see someone really good, Ive heard there is an excellent lady in Blackpool Cork by the name of Veronica, so if anyone has her number please pm me! However as regards the White Witch, maybe you should go and see her yourself and make up your own mind!

arac wrote: »
    hi everyone,

I went to the White Witch on Tuesday with my sister and one of my friends. I came away and was a bit disappointed. She was a hard lady to get in touch with from the offing, and after once abruptly cancelled our first meeting the week before, eventually we traipsed down to Cobh with open minds to see what all the fuss was about. For most of my reading Helen went on about herself and how she had been some New York radio station talking about Barrack Obama's (apparently) short life line..and rambled on about some cousin of hers that had 'willed' himself to be CEO of some big company in the US, this had been 'handy' for her as it meant he had the connections to get her on the NY radio station...she also went off on a tangent about how the witches had been banished from Ireland years and years ago, something about another famine before the famous famine, and randomly opened a page of some Cork Business Magazine that had her picture in it showing it to me before slamming it shut again. She told my sister how she had three phones, one for all the other witches of which she was head, one for her friends and family and one for plebs like ourselves! For most of these little monologues I found myself just going 'yeah yeah, sure you're great and very famous', but was mildly irritated, wasn't this supposed to be about me? In short she seemed to think quite highly of herself, which was a bit amusing........As I said she wrote out bits and pieces on a few pages of paper so I suppose you can go back in a few years and refer to them to see if her predictions transpire! As she went along her reading she would produce photopied pages of palms, sample palms if you will and would explain them for me. I thought this was a bit unneccesary after all I was only concerned with my own hand and not really those of others. She told me that several autopsies had confirmed that people who unfortunately lost their lives early on had short life lines so I suppose that was a little nugget of interest. She also mentioned the book 'The Secret' in passing and seemingly in no particular context, and she did this with my sister too, you would wonder was she endorsing it or something?

Overall, I thought a lot of it was vague, that she was telling you more what you wanted to hear along the lines of traditional fortune telling, i.e. wealth, marriage, success etc. rather than anything truly pschycic and that generally it wasn't very accurate! But then again maybe my expectations were too high of one of the most famous pyschics in Ireland, I don't know... The tarot cards at the end were good, and for twenty bob it was a cheap night out and a bit of a laugh to do if you were looking for something different! We all waited in the local pub while one of us were in with her and the bar man could tell straight away that we were there to see her! Cobh is quite an atmospheric, errie town, all narrow winding streets with the majestic cathedral backdrop, its bells gonging every now and again, adding to the excitement and drama of the night but if anything it has made want to go and see someone really good, Ive heard there is an excellent lady in Blackpool Cork by the name of Veronica, so if anyone has her number please pm me! However as regards the White Witch, maybe you should go and see her yourself and make up your own mind!

EXCELLENT post, arac. Very well said.

People should take heed of it because it sums up what she's all about very, very well.

Well done. :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Could someone PM me Sandra in Naas phone number,thankyou.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Shalamar

Went to see her a few years ago with a friend, her mum and my mum. We turned up on our date and no sign of her, wasted journey, she rang to say she was at a funeral and rearranged and gave us a discount. You'd think she'd give us warning!

So anyway, arrived for our readings. My friend was getting into hers and I just found mine to be absolute crap. She was telling me how I would marry either a J or D. J was the boyfriend i had at the time (who is now gay) so that was crap. And as for the D? Im marrying a T! She said I was a bit psychic too.

Then she went on to tell me how I have great health and would never have any operations. - At the time I was after glandular fever, chronic tonsilitus for 8 months, a few A&E visits because the swelling was affecting my breathing and then eventually had the op (3 weeks after my reading) everything went fine then ripped my stitches and was back in hospital.

Fair to say she was well off the mark! and it wasnt a case of I was a skeptic and 'blocked' a proper reading, the opposite in fact.

Went to a lady named Stephanie though a year later down in Cobh - fantastic. Best ever! Went to see her a second time a year later and she was spot on again - same info as the first reading and much more. Even gave me a time limit, said I would meet my next love in around Jan/Feb (this was sept) and that he would be my last boyfriend. And low and behold, T came into my life 26th dec and havent looked back since. Now were planning to get hitched. Well worth it. Cant find her number now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Larsul3

Does anyone have Stephanie's number in Cobh?

The White Witch's number is <Please do not post phone numbers openly in the forum. Send any personal contact information via PM - Stevenmu>

Thanks

* Bump! *

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Thats hilarious.

I went to her last April and I was told more or less the same thing such (from memory now):-

1. Wld live to 83
    2. Cld have worked in medicine but choose law (admittedly true)
    3. 3 children (set of twins)
    4. Wld reach the top of my profession and very intelligent
    5. Wld retire early
    6. Be very very wealthy and successful by 38 (am 30)
    7. Wld be tempted to have an affair...a homosexual affair:eek:
    8. Wld have a famous child connected with military or sports
    9 Big house;
    10. Wife wld be wealthy and gave out some initials
    11. Be successful in any country but not to leave Ireland before April 2010
    12. Am psychic
    13. Wld not call to see her again.

To be fair she only charged €25.00 for a good hour. She gave more advice than hard predictions. No mention of the past, present, or family.

She did go on about herself alot and while it was vague I did feel some sort of relief at the end.

Oh yeah..she said I should join a masonic lodge and she told me to get that book "The Secret"also to develop my psychic abilities:confused: her buddy must have wrote it and she in for the royalties..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 katia2009

Hi could you please send me her number or any good psychic you know. I am going trough tough time and I need some advice
    Many thanks

Tupps wrote: »
    Hiya, Myself and two friends went to the White Witch in June and she was ok. My friend found her very good but nothing she has said to me has happened yet. There was some things that were to happen by August and they didn't so not sure really. I have here number if you want to pm me. She did alot of answering her mobile and stretching cause she was tired on the night so not sure if there was alot of concentration going on. We have heard there is a really good woman in Croom in Limerick and at the moment trying to get her number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 katia2009

could you please pm her contact number.thanks
    Thats hilarious.

I went to her last April and I was told more or less the same thing such (from memory now):-

1. Wld live to 83
    2. Cld have worked in medicine but choose law (admittedly true)
    3. 3 children (set of twins)
    4. Wld reach the top of my profession and very intelligent
    5. Wld retire early
    6. Be very very wealthy and successful by 38 (am 30)
    7. Wld be tempted to have an affair...a homosexual affair:eek:
    8. Wld have a famous child connected with military or sports
    9 Big house;
    10. Wife wld be wealthy and gave out some initials
    11. Be successful in any country but not to leave Ireland before April 2010
    12. Am psychic
    13. Wld not call to see her again.

To be fair she only charged €25.00 for a good hour. She gave more advice than hard predictions. No mention of the past, present, or family.

She did go on about herself alot and while it was vague I did feel some sort of relief at the end.

Oh yeah..she said I should join a masonic lodge and she told me to get that book "The Secret"also to develop my psychic abilities:confused: her buddy must have wrote it and she in for the royalties..lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

Anyone charging €20 or €25 for a reading is going to be popular from the off set really arent they,considering most charge twice that and a lot of peoples views would be,its only 25 quid so lets go and see.. Simple really,if everyne charged these prices then we would hear more about other readers. See,most people go to the well known folk,regardless of what is written about them from people already who have seen them,and even though the reviews are bad,which is the case mostly here,the information is disregarded and the number requested anyway. Why???? because its cheap and may be an hour long.
    So i ask,why would you bother your behind visiting someone like this when there reviews are crap,hell,i will sit with you for an hour for €15 and dish the same advice.
    why do people feel they are getting value for money based on the length of time spent with a reader? surely 10 or 15 mins of good solid info is better than 60 mins of drivel???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 delta09

If anyone has the contact number for a girl called Stephanie in Cobh, an apparently good white witch please send it to me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tiatia

could someone please give me the phone number of the white witch of cobh

or even that gypsy rose lee

or someone like that in cork

as my fiancee has left cause she needs her space and my head is wrecked that i've lost her for good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 tiatia

just wondering if that stephaine one in cobh is any good..has any of ye or yere friends gone her if so was she accurate in any way

Advertisement