Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cobh's 'White Witch' Helen Barrett- What are your experiences with her?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 collegestudent

@fuzzball..

that is pretty mental isn't it, pretty sad too, sorry to hear about your mam thats such a young age same as my mam really more or less. i have the white witch's number if you want it....

my friend got told she would die at 55 if she didnt stop smoking... she hasnt stopped .. she is 41 now... seems as though helen can be pretty accurate...

x

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭miss dakota

hi fuzzball, im so sorry about your dear mum x but nobody should be told such news, so please dont go and if its any consolation i went ten years ago and nothing at all came through. Although in fairness i have heard she had a gift a while ago and im sure your mum is with you take care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

@ fuzzbull - I'm sorry to hear about your mother too. I hope she's at peace now.

Your account is the first I've come across where the White Witch accurately predicted someone's age at which they would die. I know one fella who was told he'd die at 38, yet he's 41 now and still going strong.

I don't think it's right to tell people when they'll die, whether it turns out to be accurate or not. I just don't think it's right and, even so, the vast majority of people would forget about that info or wouldn't heed it, so it wouldn't even be useful in a preventative sense, i.e. if I lead a healthier lifestyle, I won't die at 38 like the White Witch said.

I don't mean to be insensitive now but that's how I look at it. Whatever will happen will probably happen.

I know this is OT now, but I read a story during the week about how Michael Jackson narrowly avoided being in the Twin Towers on the morning of 9/11. I know he later died young anyway, but maybe that was still his time? You'd never know...

Anyway, Jermaine Jackson (his bro) said Michael was due to attend a meeting at the WTC on Sept. 11 but, as it turned out, Michael stayed up talking to his mother until 4am the night/morning before, overslept and didn't make it to the meeting. Lucky for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

The white witch told me she could see the "widow's cross" on my hand and that I would be a widow at 56 I am almost 59 now and himself is still hale and hearty thank god :-)

In case anyone cares, this is on again soon. I'm pleased to see they don't have the folklorist girl Jenny Butler speaking this year - I was at last year's convention and I nearly nodded off during her speech. If I wanted to know about fairies and small creatures from another world, I'd just read JRR Tolkien's books instead.

Dr. Eve Bruce sounds interesting, though I'm not so sure about shapeshifting. :rolleyes: Oh, and a warning: this is very like sitting through a college lecture, except you're sitting in an old jail in a fold-up chair. Just in case anyone thinks it's interactive throughout and high-octane in a spooky way and what have you..

11th
    World Ghost Convention

Friday, October 28th @ 8pm

Cork City Gaol
    Sunday’s Well,
    Cork City, Ireland.

To be Officially Opened by the
    Right Honourable Lord Mayor of Cork,
    Cllr. Terry Shannon

Admission: €25
    (Includes Refreshments)
    Limited Tickets Available

Tickets available @ Pro Musica
    20 Oliver Plunkett Street, Cork. Tel: (021) 4271659

The magnificent 19th century Cork City Gaol is a splendid atmospheric setting for the 11th World Ghost Convention as it has its own resident ghosts which have been seen by members of the audience and speakers since the first Ghost Convention was established in 2001.

Reported sightings of ghosts and spirits are only the tip of the iceberg as many people are afraid, ashamed, and embarrassed to come forward for fear or not being taken seriously.

For this reason, the World Ghost Convention was established to help those who have had supernatural experiences by raising public awareness, highlighting the fact that they are not alone in having such experiences.

This unique International Ghost Convention, which is the first of its kind in the world, provides an ideal opportunity for the many people fascinated with the supernatural to hear a colourful assortment of supernatural topics discussed by a panel of guest speakers from different backgrounds and professions. In addition, those who have experienced supernatural occurrences have the chance to share their own personal supernatural experiences if they so wish as well as hear firsthand the accounts of others who echo similar experiences.

Your host for the evening's proceedings is
    Kevin N. Power, M.A. H.D.E., L. Dip (T.C.L.)
    University College Cork.

11th World Ghost Convention Speakers:

Dr Margaret Humphreys
    Folklorist
    Folklore & Ethnology Department, University College Cork.

Despite cross-century accounts of ghostly sightings, no single model of haunting emerges.
    Fleeting glimpses of apparitions (whatever their form) have not been exorcised by modern culture or scientific advancements. In her lecture, Dr Humphreys will explore and examine whether these ghostly sightings indicate the certainty of a future state.

Elizabeth Hitchcock
    Energy Therapist / Healer / Spiritual Counsellor / Workshop Facilitator

Over the past 10 years, Elizabeth, who has studied healing techniques in Ireland, the USA and India and who uses Bio-Energy, Reiki and other Healing Energies in her 'Communicating with the Angels' workshops, has had many workshop ‘miracles’ and insights. In a lecture titled 'The Invisible Force of Angels', Elizabeth, who always invites the assistance of Angels, will describe her concept and understanding of the Angelic Realm and relate fascinating stories of personal miracles through the intervention of Angels.

Christine O’Connell
    Medium

Because death is a part of life, we've all at one time or another wondered if another realm exists beyond this one, one that our spirit goes to once it leaves our physical body. For some it’s an accepted fact; for others it’s a possibility and for still others an absolute impossibility. In her lecture, Christine, who experiences the paranormal every day, will discuss some of her many personal experiences and take a closer look at the meaning of the term ‘paranormal’.

Intermission
    Complimentary light refreshments served

Dr Eve Bruce
    Medical Doctor / Shaman / Author /
    Programme Director, Lios Dána Dolphin Spirit Gate, Southwest Ireland.

American born, Dr Bruce’s shamanic training stems from over 15 years with indigenous elders from the Andes and Amazon as well as Africa and Native North Americans. Tales of shapeshifting are told in the histories of ancient Ireland when druids would change shape into salmon, birds and oak trees, and witches into their familiars. In the depths of the Amazon, Shamans still shapeshift during ritual healing ceremonies. In her lecture, Dr Bruce, who also performs Past Life Regressions, will discuss tales of shamanic shapeshifting, and what this means for healing in our modern world.

Helen Barrett
    The White Witch of the Isles / Author

With regards to the physical plane, there seems to be evidence since ancient times that preventative strategic ghosts such as the Banshee have an impressive knowledge of the future timeline. Throughout history it seems they have protected mortals from misfortunate events by communicating with them in visual and auditory form and in their dreams. In her lecture, Helen, who is internationally renowned for her psychic abilities, will discuss the wide range of preventive strategies and signs such as omens these ghosts use and the link they have to our gut instinct.

Throughout the course of the evening, a selection of personal eyewitness accounts sent to the World Ghost Convention will be read.

• Advertisement

I was just looking at the details of each speaker there again and Helen Barrett being described as an author reminded me of her book. The book that she had been writing for about 10 years and kept telling the papers that it would be out next week, next month, next year, etc.

Well, she's worked her magic at long last because my cousin was telling me the book is out (as an e-book though) now. It's more like a fiction thing though, although it's supposed to have real witch info in it. Or Wiccan stuff. Whatever you call it. And druidic info.

I read something recently where someone (I can't remember who it was again) suggested that the Tuath De Danann were a real druidic tribe. That they weren't mythical. It reminds me of that story during the week about a scientist finding evidence that 'the kraken' sea monster (the thing that was in Pirates Of The Carribean 2 that looks like a gigantic octopus - only uglier and slimier) may have actually existed.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/10/10/lair-ancient-kraken-sea-monster-possibly-discovered/

The White Witch's long-awaited book..

http://www.amazon.com/CHIEFTAIN-M%C3%84%C2%BACHE%C3%83%C2%81L-STALLION-DESCENDANT-ebook/dp/B005JSE8BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314663997&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭carrie12

Does anyone know of Maria a Hungarian medium in Cobh, Co cork I have appointment tmw night, just checking with ye..

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭carrie12

Found her excellent.

The White Witch is talking about the end of the world now: http://corkindependent.com/stories/item/7001/2012-3/Apocalypse-now :D
    According to Helen, known as the White Witch of the Isles, Thursday 2 February will see the beginning of the end, in a concept shared by a number of ancient cultures across the globe.

“Someone, somewhere told these ancient civilisations about the end of the world. A signal was sent out – but by whom, you ask.

“One thought travelled across the globe at the same time – how else could these societies all reach the same conclusion at the same time?”

She said a cross could appear in the sky in coming months which will mark the beginning of a battle between good and evil.

“Each side will make themselves seen – that is for certain. One from the left and another from the right. The tension will build in the months leading up to 21 December. It starts this February.”

Aside from the obvious, what I wonder about is why, in her readings, she'd be telling people they'll live to 70/80/90 years of age, when apparently we're all done for?

Now, I'm not suggesting her readings are accurate (sure how would I know what age random people will live to?), but how could someone live to 90 when the world is supposed to end this year (which I don't believe, BTW)?

Come on, like. Make up your mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The White Witch is talking about the end of the world now: she'd be telling people they'll live to 70/80/90 years of age, when apparently we're all done for?

Seems obvious to me, all who go to her for a reading also gets a ticket on her intergalactic express rocket that blasts off from Cobh on the 19th of November 2012.

• Advertisement

gbee wrote: »
    Seems obvious to me, all who go to her for a reading also gets a ticket on her intergalactic express rocket that blasts off from Cobh on the 19th of November 2012.

Lol. I suppose her intergalactic rocket will have "My other vehicle is a broomstick" emblazoned on the side of it, too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

The White Witch is talking about the end of the world now: http://corkindependent.com/stories/item/7001/2012-3/Apocalypse-now :D

Aside from the obvious, what I wonder about is why, in her readings, she'd be telling people they'll live to 70/80/90 years of age, when apparently we're all done for?

Now, I'm not suggesting her readings are accurate (sure how would I know what age random people will live to?), but how could someone live to 90 when the world is supposed to end this year (which I don't believe, BTW)?

Come on, like. Make up your mind.

A fool and their money ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bajan

Hey I was wondering if anyone could pm me the palm reader in cobhs number? I would be extremely grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joanned92

Hey i was wondering if someone could send me the white witch from cobhs number or a woman named Stephanie from Cobh please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kellym20

Could some-one please pm me the number for stephanie

• Registered Users Posts: 42 crazylikeme

Anyone could pm me her number too please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stephcie

Hi could someone also pm me Stephanies number and Veronicas in Blackpool if they have it? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Oconnor 2011

Hey can someone pm me Helen from cobhs number or Stephanies number and Veronicas in Blackpool if they have it? Thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

This is an interesting thread.

I got a reading from her a while back say 8/9 years ago.

1) Was told I'd have 3 children..2 boys then a girl.by choice. And that I'd prefer one boy over the other. Also,that one child would be heavier than the other and to watch what he eats.
    I did have 2 boys and yes one isbuilt a lot more sturdy than others.

2) I would be married by 27. (No sign yet .)

3. ) I asked why a certian line was different on both palms. She told me oh one lines showed me having an affair with my husbands best friend at 36.
    Apparently according to the other line I made a concious decision not to.

Nothing outstanding about it tbh.

Weird that she mentioned about affairs to.numerous people

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Avelina Kennedy

Hello,
    Can anyone PM me Helen Barrett (the White Witch of Cobb)'s phone number? I've seen one a few times (0868830099), but it's from old threads and does not seem to be in service anymore.
    I am very interested in seeing her for a reading/fortune telling based on what I've heard about her.

Thanks,
    Avelina.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 lauramdb04535

Hi All, Could someone please send on a list of numbers for fortune tellers in cork please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CsM677

If anyone has names and numbers for reliable fortune tellers/ psychics in Cork please Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kay2021

could someone please mail me helen baretts number, i went to her years ago i thought she was brilliant have been thinking about going to her

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭lillycakes2

Could anyone send me the number for the white witch in Cobh please ? (Helen Barrett) Thanks 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 1 littlepig3

Hi, could anyone send me on contact details for fortune tellers in cork like Helen Barrett (white witch) and/or Annette and/or Veronica? Thanks!

Advertisement