Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Driving me mad trying to find out the name of this song.

Was published by ministry of sound a few year ago.

Video is two lads in a racing in a bumper car all suited up in racing gear and iirc the lyrics where 'call me now'.

Frustrating thing is I knew the name of the song 3 times over the years but I never wrote it down and the last time I spent months finding the name of it.

Think the name of the band started with an 'M' and had 'park' in the name somewhere tried googling be got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

eamoss wrote: »

Think the name of the band started with an 'M' and had 'park' in the name somewhere tried googling be got nothing.

Maximo Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

andgoodbye wrote: »
    Against me - stop

Nope, but thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

How about innerpartysystem?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

andgoodbye wrote: »
    How about innerpartysystem?

Again, unfortunately no. Cheers for the suggestion. I think I recognised the band as American non-mainstream rock.

Edit: I have it!!! Portishead - Machine Gun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭36Degrees

Anyone know the same of that song on the add about Dublin? It's kinda high and goes like "Even though I met you only recently, I find myself falling in love with you..." ect.

Before anyone suggests it, I've tried Google-ing it and I've found nothing. :mad:
    Any help would be appreciated, its been driving me mad for aages!
    Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I know that is could sound stoopid, but could you help me with one Irish song?
    I had heard a song, a ballad, about a guy from a chip shop who proposed to his colleague, but she refused him. He threw the ring into the sea, but some fish ate the ring, the fish got into the chipper and the girl found that ring when she was cleaning the fish.

Could you tell me what is the name of the song and who is the composer/singer, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

quite a long shot this one, but is anyone familer with the opening jingle to friday night 80's on today fm,

lokking for the name and artst/band of one the snipets played, thing its the first song snippet they play of the jingle, sounds loke a dnace track, could have also been remixed in the 90's/early 00's

:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Tony Broke

Heard this song today and I cant get its name.

Its a rap song with a class opening tune ( I think its from Romeo and Juliet film ) anyway in the middle it says " its alive, its alive " Frankenstein style and then it moves on into rap from then on.

The tune at the start is class and peaks at " its alive "

The start tune is like a cross between requiem for a dream and gladiator theme tune.

The next song on the cd, went like this: where the dogs, where the dogs, where the dogs at.

Think that one is Jay Z or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭barneysplash

There is a Road Safety Authority campaign on telly at the moment.

A wreckless driver pins a courting couple to a wall.

There's a really atmospheric tune playing in the ad:

'Can't take my eyes off you' or something.

Anyone know which one I mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

This is a long shot but anyway. Does anyone remember the add on tv where a man gets up in the middle of the night to feed his baby??? I think it could have been an esb add. What was the song to that add???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

lisajane wrote: »
    This is a long shot but anyway. Does anyone remember the add on tv where a man gets up in the middle of the night to feed his baby??? I think it could have been an esb add. What was the song to that add???
    Was an ESB ad , brilliant ad too ,
    It was the Platters - Only you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peeks

FrinkDink wrote: »
    Anyone know what the song is on the current RTE ad for CSI and Entourage that is playing for the last few days?
    i am also going mad trying 2 figure out this song if u get any info on what it is could you pass it on 2 me cheers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 peeks

dose any one no the current song on rte2 advert for csi & entourage pls help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

There's a song they play on 2fm(I think it's 2fm, could be Q102)
    The song is called bubbly.
    It's a really good and catchy song and it's wreckin my head tryin to remember her name.
    Any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

peeks wrote: »
    dose any one no the current song on rte2 advert for csi & entourage pls help

Electric Feel - MGMT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Tony Broke wrote: »
    Heard this song today and I cant get its name.

Its a rap song with a class opening tune ( I think its from Romeo and Juliet film ) anyway in the middle it says " its alive, its alive " Frankenstein style and then it moves on into rap from then on.

The tune at the start is class and peaks at " its alive "

The start tune is like a cross between requiem for a dream and gladiator theme tune.

The next song on the cd, went like this: where the dogs, where the dogs, where the dogs at.

If it is from Romeo + Juliet, there's a cd of the score, called volume 2, not to be mistaken with the soundtrack album. It starts off with some dialogue, then O Verona, a classical piece, then breaks into The Montague Boys - featuring Justin Warfield of One Inch Punch. It goes "the boys, the boys", as opposed to It's alive, so perhaps not the same song, unless you misheard it. I have the album at home but haven't listened to it in a long time, so this is mainly from memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Tony Broke wrote: »

That one's the highly underrated DMX - Where my dogs at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtFH6jc1dns

That might help someone ID the other one you're after...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

noby wrote: »
    If it is from Romeo + Juliet, there's a cd of the score, called volume 2, not to be mistaken with the soundtrack album. It starts off with some dialogue, then O Verona, a classical piece, then breaks into The Montague Boys - featuring Justin Warfield of One Inch Punch. It goes "the boys, the boys", as opposed to It's alive, so perhaps not the same song, unless you misheard it. I have the album at home but haven't listened to it in a long time, so this is mainly from memory.
    That's possibly the most impressive tracking down of a song I've ever seen in this thread...

noby wrote: »

Thanks Noby, the song I actually heard was Redman smash sumthin, it had that class tune at the start.Going to get the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack now.

Thanks man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpwxM7ipyxU

• Advertisement

Wertz wrote: »
    That one's the highly underrated DMX - Where my dogs at?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtFH6jc1dns

That might help someone ID the other one you're after...

It was actually where da hood at, where da hood at.Dont know how I thought it was dogs :D

Same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSwi-CqQEXk

I dont even like rap, this kid was playing the cd in the petrol station :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Anyone know the track on the Heineken Music commercial at the moment.. Sounds like David Byrne from the Talking heads singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Evo

anyone know the song used on RTE's advert for One Thing to do before you die where there showing the elderly women going to Electric Picnic, its the first song used in it I'm looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Stargal wrote: »
    That's possibly the most impressive tracking down of a song I've ever seen in this thread...

Why thank you. Seems I was wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Going mad looking for a song, Im fairly sure it is by Radiohead and come out some time ago. The crux of the songs chorus involves the lyrics "Here Tonight". I know this is not much to go on but this song was fairly big a few years back and Ive trawled Youtube in an attempt to find it. Maybe it wasn't Radiohead but the voice was very distinctive which leads me to believe it was Thom.

Any ideas???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Evo wrote: »
    anyone know the song used on RTE's advert for One Thing to do before you die where there showing the elderly women going to Electric Picnic, its the first song used in it I'm looking for!

I think that might be U2 - Lemon from Zooropa.
    If not the album version then probably the Perfecto Mix by Paul Oakenfold.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 bdbf

The one with all the doo-doo-da, ba ba bahs in it, is Badly Drawn Boy's Once Around the Block

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Whats sinead o conners one? Its a rock song kind of. It was the last song played on Tony Fentons show on tuesday. Anyone have any idea's?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Mandinka???

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hermy wrote: »
    Mandinka???
    Thats her;)

Advertisement