Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

carlty888 wrote: »
    Where is everybody these days?

August phone calls have ended so everyone will be quiet until end of July again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

I brought sandwhiches, water and jaffa cakes to my Ac last year, it came in handy let me tell you :D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Jaffa Cakes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

Where is everybody these days?

I know has been a tad quiet, most likely to do with the fact that ACs are still ongoing, a feww weeks til the next intake is notified, tis just a wee lull in proceedings.

The board will prob go nuts coming up to the August intakes SRN and then as they all get ready to go to the Hotel, and by that time Acs will be over, result letters will be coming in and most importantly of all, Goodcopbadcop will be getting the call for the Sept intake!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Jaffa Cakes. :pac:

Full Moon, half moon, total eclipse!!!!!!!!!!:p

August phone calls have ended so everyone will be quiet until end of July again

With the exception of PYG's A/C results countdown. I noted the one earlier today. Cheers for that PYG. :D

• Advertisement

She has a timer set for 6 weeks, i bet shes crossing off the days on her calendar until she gets her pass letter

mrsgenehunt I have figured out now that I had no chance of august anyways, everyone who gets called up has been waiting about 3 - 4 months since medical, august was a bit too soon to be realistic, hopefully you are right and september is lucky for me :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭MrAnderson

Cheers MrsGeneHunt, Carlty and Goodcopbadcop,

Think I'll bring something to munch on, I'll try not to arrive with a picnic hamper under the arm though.....:D

Maybe I could bring extra and turn in a profit by the end of the day!

I know has been a tad quiet, most likely to do with the fact that ACs are still ongoing, a feww weeks til the next intake is notified, tis just a wee lull in proceedings.

The board will prob go nuts coming up to the August intakes SRN and then as they all get ready to go to the Hotel, and by that time Acs will be over, result letters will be coming in and most importantly of all, Goodcopbadcop will be getting the call for the Sept intake!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I still thought there'd be a lot more "Arrghh, I've got my A/C tomorrow. What do I do?" type questions.

I miss those.... Good times.

MrAnderson wrote: »
    Cheers MrsGeneHunt, Carlty and Goodcopbadcop,

Think I'll bring something to munch on, I'll try not to arrive with a picnic hamper under the arm though.....:D

Maybe I could bring extra and turn in a profit by the end of the day!

I like your style. :rolleyes:

I still thought there'd be a lot more "Arrghh, I've got my A/C tomorrow. What do I do?" type questions.

I miss those.... Good times.

Lol, I could probably fill a page of your time up with those!

• Advertisement

Lol, I could probably fill a page of your time up with those!

I know, mine is still a way away and my head is pickled. Actually trying not to dwell on it too much - but not succeeding!!!

My main thing is that I talk very quickly when I am nervous so I will be concentrating on taking my time when I speak and making sure I speak slowly and clearly. And obviously that what I am saying isnt total cack!:rolleyes:

Other than that, I think I am doing okay preparation wise, have been talking to as many people as I can "in the know" so to speak to get as many hints and tips as I can.

Its in the hands of the gods on the day!!!!:eek:

I know, mine is still a way away and my head is pickled. Actually trying not to dwell on it too much - but not succeeding!!!

My main thing is that I talk very quickly when I am nervous so I will be concentrating on taking my time when I speak and making sure I speak slowly and clearly. And obviously that what I am saying isnt total cack!:rolleyes:

Other than that, I think I am doing okay preparation wise, have been talking to as many people as I can "in the know" so to speak to get as many hints and tips as I can.

Its in the hands of the gods on the day!!!!:eek:

Yeah, I'm not actually feeling that bad about it (at the minute anyway!) because you can only give it your best shot on the day and hopefully everything works out for the best.

Mind you I've been very busy in work over the last while so it definately helps with the waiting around, the time's flown in since I got the AC letter sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I was sooooooooo hungry the morning of my AC. I brough plenty of food with me. Didnt have time to eat it. Got a bite of a cereal bar before a role play and then was paranoid that i had crumbs round my mouth when i was trying to be all authoritive to a role player:D:o

You're welcome Carlty:D;)

And Goodcopbadcop, the only reason i know its 3weeks today is because it my birthday that day also!!!!:p:D

PS im expecting a birthday post on the forum:D:D:D:D:D Only joking!!!!

How'd it go today???

And I think I speak for us all when I ask - how much did you eat????:p

How'd it go today???

And I think I speak for us all when I ask - how much did you eat????:p

Haha, just back in and starving! Just didn't have much time to eat much!

Actually the day kinda flew in once we got going, not sure how I did, found it very hard to judge how it went.
    Woke up this morning and could barely talk with a dodgy throat so was piling the water down whenever I could just to keep the voice right!

But it was a good group of guys I was with so kinda helps pass the time with a bit of banter. Aside from that, I'll just have to wait for the results now :(

If you think waiting for the results is the killer try waiting to sit the actual AC - I still have over 5 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still I keep telling myself I am lucky to be here AT ALL what with the IST recount and all - mind you have to do especially well here to make up for the lower score!

Tis always good if theres a bit of camaradarie - however think I'll be immersed in my notes too much to do much chatting!!!

Anyway, you must be glad its over - now just sit back and relax(!) and wait for the results :D

Haha, just back in and starving! Just didn't have much time to eat much!

Actually the day kinda flew in once we got going, not sure how I did, found it very hard to judge how it went.
    Woke up this morning and could barely talk with a dodgy throat so was piling the water down whenever I could just to keep the voice right!

But it was a good group of guys I was with so kinda helps pass the time with a bit of banter. Aside from that, I'll just have to wait for the results now :(

Tis always good if theres a bit of camaradarie - however think I'll be immersed in my notes too much to do much chatting!!!

Somehow I don't think you'll be able to miss out on the chatting.

This was my third attempt at the A/C and I've yet to be in with a bad group. Anyone come across any real arseholes at their A/C? (Besides me!!) :p

By the way. I got my vetting forms in the post today. Hooray for large families who move house alot!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

anyone have thei a/c this fri?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hello everybody...Just back from 2 weeks in the sun :cool: where I thought about the a/c as little as possible. Mine is on 21 July (rescheduled from 18 June) and I'm sure I'll be thinking about it pretty much all of the time now. It was good having a few messages to read through on the forum - better than logging on 20 times per day to read one new message every now and then lol.

Well done to everyone who received vetting forms already and especially to AlanBelfast who got the nod for Garnerville - Well done. :D

• Advertisement

MrsGeneHunt and my good self:P, were wondering is it the PSNI or consensia that compile the merit list? Ie who would we ring to find out or merit number???

Psni are the ones who give it to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

the psni, lol dont ring cosensia, unfortunatley for me i did and didnt get the most pleasent of answers:D

Once the A/C's are completed, Consensia pass everything across to PSNI who take it from there. Vetting, Medicals, Merit List, Dear John letters :eek: - all PSNI's responsibility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

Once the A/C's are completed, Consensia pass everything across to PSNI who take it from there. Vetting, Medicals, Merit List, Dear John letters :eek: - all PSNI's responsibility.
    Carlty, are you telepathic? You answered the question I was typing lol. I thought consensia had more to do with the recruitment than just the IST and the A/C, but I am corrected :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 vida

hello all i have my ac at the beginning of august and its doin my bap in waitin. have been readin the stuff on here and seems like the ac is some craic lol any advice welcome

doug-26 wrote: »
    Carlty, are you telepathic?

If I said yes, do you think it would help me get in?

Hey! I'm telepathic and I want to be a detective! Let me in!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭doug-26

If I said yes, do you think it would help me get in?

Hey! I'm telepathic and I want to be a detective! Let me in!!! :D

They'd have to add another category when compiling the merit list then..catholic..non-catholic..telepathic! Hah just kidding :p

vida wrote: »
    hello all i have my ac at the beginning of august and its doin my bap in waitin. have been readin the stuff on here and seems like the ac is some craic lol any advice welcome

The A/C is kinda what you make it. Some people stress and hate every minute of it, while others relax, keep a level head and enjoy it.

At the beginning you are given some background information relevant to the A/C. It's fictional info on where you work and what your role is.

The A/C is split into three stages;
    1. Written Test - This comprises of 4 questions/problems relating to the fictional workplace. Time is short, so don't hang around. If a question is leaving you stuck - move on.
    2. Role Plays - 3 scenarios. You will have five minutes to read background info on a problem. You will then be ushered into a room with an actor and 2 assessors. You are not being marked for how you act, but what you say, so just be yourself.
    3. Situational Interview - 4 questions. You will be sitting at a desk oposite 2 assessors. They will describe a problem, give you a minute to think about it and then you will reel off all the things you will have to do to get the problem resolved.

• Advertisement

doug-26 wrote: »
    They'd have to add another category when compiling the merit list then..catholic..non-catholic..telepathic! Hah just kidding :p

I'll go down as Jedi if they'll let me in! :rolleyes:

Advertisement