Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭MrsGeneHunt

belfastard wrote: »
    cheers.hope vetting wont matter because my sister got in last year and is loving it.roll on medical and merit pool number :)

Good on ya! My Ac in a few weeks, think I have a long wait ahead!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

the worse nerves are before it.when your doing it time passes pretty fast and when its finished you think 'what was all the worry'good luck to ya.g hope t knock them flat

excuse the spelling.trying to post from a mobile and the text disappears after you fill the box up.sorry

the worse nerves are before it.when your doing it time passes pretty fast and when its finished you think 'what was all the worry'good luck to ya.g hope t knock them flat

Thanks a lot mate, cool screen name by the way!! LOL

lol bit of a cheeky one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭MustBeCrazy

Hi Mustbecrazy

Long time no see!!!

Good to have you back. Yes the board has been a bit quiet, ACs still going on but the phonecalls for the Sept should kick in next week we think so expect lots of OMG why isnt the phone ringing postings!!
    Also we now have a girls only thread ( tho JVB cant grasp that concept LOL ) so us girlies are chatting over there and generally putting the world to rights!! You'll be very welcome!!

My AC is still a few weeks away I know what you mean about feeling about being dumbstruck in the role plays. But you will do great, I think the key thing is to relax. At least you are in the room on your own with the actor and assessors, and not having everyone ogling on!! I'm really nervous and kind of excited at the same time. I will most likely be a wreck on the day, I will be straight out of there and straight to the nearest bar for a large one LOL

I think you are so right to dress up, I am going in a ultra smart trouser suit, dressing for success and all that. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're applying for a job where the uniform is paramount and defines you, so why would you go to what is in effect an interview and not demonstrate that you can be well turned out. Fair enough you may not be marked on your appearance, but I wouldnt feel the part unless I was dressed it.

Best of luck to you for yours, I know its not too far away. you will do great! Let us know how you get on when you get back.

But come on over to the gals thread, we'd love to see you!:D

Hellooooo MrsGH!!

I will definitely pop on over to the girlie thread, thanks. My a/c is on Monday. My friend that called today was all in uniform and I was asking her all about the job/hours etc etc and I really want it more than ever - sigh. I'll let you know how I get on :rolleyes:.

P.S. Have treadmill arriving on Friday to start getting fit 'just in case' lol.

Hellooooo MrsGH!!

I will definitely pop on over to the girlie thread, thanks. My a/c is on Monday. My friend that called today was all in uniform and I was asking her all about the job/hours etc etc and I really want it more than ever - sigh. I'll let you know how I get on :rolleyes:.

P.S. Have treadmill arriving on Friday to start getting fit 'just in case' lol.

See you over on the dark side - AKA the girlie thread!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the treadmill !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

hi all its pyg's birthday around now so i just wanted to wish her happybirthday and good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

:)Thanks, its actually on Monday, but im goin out tonight for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 19? :D

• Advertisement

Fo wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 19? :D

Yarp, sweet 19. 19 is a funny age!!!

Yarp, sweet 19. 19 is a funny age!!!

Yarp!!!

Another Hot Fuzz fan methinks......

YARP!!!!:)

I watched it twice!!!

"Check out his 'orse"

"Honk!-Honk!"

"Can you descibe the swan?- 2ft, white, long slender neck"

"P.I Staker"

"The greater good"

Haha.

I thought Danny(?) was dead at the end when the station blew up, i cried!

YARP!!!!:)

I watched it twice!!!

"Check out his 'orse"

"Honk!-Honk!"

"Can you descibe the swan?- 2ft, white, long slender neck"

"P.I Staker"

"The greater good"

Haha.

I thought Danny(?) was dead at the end when the station blew up, i cried!

HAG!

How dare you!!!! I know it is from the film but cant really remember the scene!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭uncleneilly

done my a/c on 4th july got vetting forms today,not even two weeks later and holidays in between, is there anyone who has done a/c and not recieved vetting forms within two weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

done my a/c on 4th july got vetting forms today,not even two weeks later and holidays in between, is there anyone who has done a/c and not recieved vetting forms within two weeks?

done AC on the same day and just recieved vetting forms through today aswell.

does anyone know if everybody gets the vetting forms out as standard, or does it means you have passed the AC?????

im confused!!

faceman08 wrote: »
    done AC on the same day and just recieved vetting forms through today aswell.

does anyone know if everybody gets the vetting forms out as standard, or does it means you have passed the AC?????

im confused!!

the debate rages on on this one!! Consensia are saying that EVERYONE will get vetting forms. THis doesnt mean that EVERYONES will get processed does it? THough there have been boardsies who've done ACs and havent got vetting forms.

It's a puzzler!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

I know of 3 people who have done it a month ago, all who are people i think who should pass easily, all very smart people with good communication etc and not one of them has got vetting yet. Its a bit of a puzzle for sure. All will be revealed in time im sure :D

it would be i kick in the spuds if u received forms then got word u failed.anyones 42 days near up.ill hear on the 30th of july

• Advertisement

I know of 3 people who have done it a month ago, all who are people i think who should pass easily, all very smart people with good communication etc and not one of them has got vetting yet. Its a bit of a puzzle for sure. All will be revealed in time im sure :D

That would pretty much confirm in my eyes that only a certain score and above in the AC are getting Vetting.

So no pressure on me for my Ac in a few weeks time then:eek:

it would be i kick in the spuds if u received forms then got word u failed.anyones 42 days near up.ill hear on the 30th of july

PYG pretty soon, think hers is the 21st July. But that didnt take into account the holidays so maybe a day or two after that.

Which will make her go nuts!!! She got Vetting less than 2 weeks after Ac and she was the first day of ACs

I havent even done AC yet....*sighs* Still 3 weeks or so:rolleyes:

How dare you!!!! I know it is from the film but cant really remember the scene!!!

When he arrives at the hotel in Sandford and she's doing the crossword!:p

When he arrives at the hotel in Sandford and she's doing the crossword!:p

I remember now!!!! wat was it?-3 across or 3 down? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

been thinking about that for a while and it is seriously worrying me!!been 4 weeks since my a/c and havent received any forms! i sorta had high hopes as my 1st time applying (c13) i completed succesfully the ist and a/c and with luck i could be in the waiting game and thought i might have been able to better that this time round in regards to my a/c score! im gona ring vetting tomorow to see what theyre take is on it before it drives me insane!

given if ya dont mind me asking how did you score in the ac last time?

given if ya dont mind me asking how did you score in the ac last time?

youve got mail:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

I did my ac's three weeks ago. Haven't stop thinking about what I should have and should'nt have said. Now I can't stop thinking that I have done rubbish, hope this doesn't drag on for the full 6 weeks.
    SFMCC

SFMCC wrote: »
    I did my ac's three weeks ago. Haven't stop thinking about what I should have and should'nt have said. Now I can't stop thinking that I have done rubbish, hope this doesn't drag on for the full 6 weeks.
    SFMCC

DONT!!! You'll go bonkers. And there's enough of that on these boards LOL:D
    But sorry to say, it will take the full six weeks for your results - PYG was one of the first to do hers and she hasnt had hers yet, they are due Monday.....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Have you received vetting forms yet? I got mine less than 2 weeks after my ac but as MGH said im still waiting on my results. My 6 weeks is up on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭inspector71

one week today I'm due mine.
    I got my forms the same saturday as PYG, but I'm not still not totally convinced that means i've passed!

Finding out either way will be good, but even if it is a pass i get - what comes next after that?

I'm thinking that's the beginning of either the 5 month wait for feedback on the AC, or the non-specific length wait for the call for a medical, or no call at all :confused::confused::confused:

I'm trying not to think about it!

Have you received vetting forms yet? I got mine less than 2 weeks after my ac but as MGH said im still waiting on my results. My 6 weeks is up on monday
    Hi PapaYankeeGirl
    No haven't received vetting forms yet. I assume all the pass/fail letters will go out at the same time once they have all the results gathered.
    I passed last year and had to wait for almost 6 weeks for pass letter from consensia. But hope that you getting the forms early means you done well at ac's.
    SFMCC

Hi PapaYankeeGirl
    No haven't received vetting forms yet. I assume all the pass/fail letters will go out at the same time once they have all the results gathered.
    I passed last year and had to wait for almost 6 weeks for pass letter from consensia. But hope that you getting the forms early means you done well at ac's.
    SFMCC

I think we have to trust Consensia on this one, if they've stated that the PSNI have asked them specifically to wait for 6 weeks before releasing results then the results should be going out next week, in accordance with the dates of the ACs, which started a little less than 6 weeks ago.
    All we can do is wait. At least you have all done your AC, my results will not be in until late September!!!

I contacted consensia after i received my vetting forms (21st june) and they said it is no indication of passing or failing!!! BUT on the other hand someone on the forum contacted PSNI recruitment and they said that receiving vetting forms was a sign that you had passed. I would tend to take PSNIs word on the matter as it is them who send out the vetting forms. As for waiting, everyone will have to wait 6 weeks from their AC for 100% confirmation on passing or failing the AC. My 6 weeks is up on monday whereas MGH wont receive her results until september. As for feedback/breakdown of score consensia said it would be October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 squire69

On a lighter note, anyone doing the AC in Belfast would need to bring a gas-mask with them!!! A certain member of staff forgot to buy Lynx during his weekly shop methinks!:D

• Advertisement

This is just a general question: The patten report states that the PSNI should be made up of 30% catholic by 2010 and that the current figure is about 23/24% and well on target. Does this mean that campaign 15 2009 will be the last campaign for 50/50 enrolement.
    From reading I think their are quite a few board members who have scored highly in previous AC'S but have lost out due to the 50/50 intake.
    sfmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

This is just a general question: The patten report states that the PSNI should be made up of 30% catholic by 2010 and that the current figure is about 23/24% and well on target. Does this mean that campaign 15 2009 will be the last campaign for 50/50 enrolement.
    From reading I think their are quite a few board members who have scored highly in previous AC'S but have lost out due to the 50/50 intake.
    sfmcc

I read also that by 2010 they were hoping to have fulfilled their objective in recruiting the figures detailed in the Patten report. However, I haven't heard when the PSNI or Consensia may remove the 50/50 selection from the application process. I guess it will be advertised as and when it is applicable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 squire69

I have heard from a reliable source that the next campaign will be the last of 50/50 selection.

ryt rung vetting as i said i would, the person i spoke to said consensia are doing things different this year compared to previous years which he cant understand! however he stressed that getting your vetting forms does not mean you have passed and for those like myself who havent received them yet not to get worked up as it does not mean you have failed! his only guess was that they are sending veting forms out early as a precaution:confused:

there seems to be different stories floating about in regards to this issue as one person seems to be geting told something different than the other however one thing is for sure it is showing inconsistencies in cosensia/psni information!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

I rang vetting when I got my forms and they said it mean't that I had passed the A/C!!!!:rolleyes: I really wish they would make up their minds. :mad: But all will be revealed soon. Watch this space!!:eek:

• Advertisement

Have a\c tomorrow afternoon :eek::eek::eek:

I'm a little nervous (understatement of the year). Will let you know how I get on tomorrow night if I don't end up in the nearest pub.

Fingers crossed for me....

I'm a little nervous (understatement of the year). Will let you know how I get on tomorrow night if I don't end up in the nearest pub.

Best of Luck:D

The gals will be over on our thread waiting to hear from you!!!

I fully intend to hit the pub after mine LOL :p

Knock 'em dead!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭faceman08

Good luck for tomorrow!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Fo

Good Luck MustBeCrazy!:D

Thanks everybody :o

Have now moved on from being slightly nervous to absolutely keeking myself :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Will update tomorrow - CANNOT WAIT to get it over with so I can relax and forget about it for a while (yeah right haha)

MBC x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭punchestown

Hi,

I have a few questions about the ac that I cant quite get my head round.
    Is there anyone that I could pm please about the role plays?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks

Take your pick, we're all here to help. Are you sure they cant be
    answered by reading through the thread?

If not fire away but NO-ONE will tell you the actual questions that you will face on the day!!!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi,

Thanks

Why don't you just post your questions in the thread or try using the search function? What is your reason for wanting to PM somebody instead of postng your questions? That's what it's here for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭owen1976

Wonder did papayankeegirl get her A/C letter today. Its killing me to know because Im due mine on the 30th july. It would'nt be as bad to wait for it if it wasn't for all these conflicting stories as to what getting the vetting form means. I got my vetting forms 10 days after my A/C. Guess I'll know soon enough!!!:confused:

owen1976 wrote: »
    Wonder did papayankeegirl get her A/C letter today. Its killing me to know because Im due mine on the 30th july. It would'nt be as bad to wait for it if it wasn't for all these conflicting stories as to what getting the vetting form means. I got my vetting forms 10 days after my A/C. Guess I'll know soon enough!!!:confused:

No, papayankeegirl didnt get her results today. Prob get them tues or weds. 6weeks since my AC today, wow:eek::cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement