Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭carlty888

JVB wrote: »
    With the role plays it is how you meet the competencies being assessed. Try and reach an agreement in the 5 mins but if you don't, don't stress too much. As long as you've stuck to what you set out to do, taking into account the 'customers' needs you'll be ok. Remember, each competency is assessed more than once, so it's not all or nothing on just one role play.

Hope this makes sense :)

Thanks JVB. That's what I was hoping to hear.

As I said before, I was confident that I had covered the competencies that were being tested. The role-player just seemed to be a talker and kept going back to some things that we had already discussed and agreed on.

Roll on the results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 deanomcf

cool, well i hope it all goes well for you, seems strange everyone having things at different times and getting results etc! not your run of the mill interview, eh?

alanbelfast - do u mean ur in to the actual police, or just passed everything and in the running for a job, either way good luck and congratulations but just curious!

deanomcf wrote: »
    cool, well i hope it all goes well for you, seems strange everyone having things at different times and getting results etc! not your run of the mill interview, eh?

alanbelfast - do u mean ur in to the actual police, or just passed everything and in the running for a job, either way good luck and congratulations but just curious!

He's in. Starting 3 August. Yeah..... I hate him too! :D:D I'd swap places with him in a flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭goodcopbadcop

Considering they did take the full whack for IST results, I am assuming they will take the full time for AC results. Nightmare, considering my AC isnt til August, it will be Sept before I hear :(

Its probably to give them some breathing space, and to hell with all us watching for the postman!!

When you get a letter after your AC is it your score?

11 weeks I waited on AC results. I could do 6 standing on my head :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭alanbelfast

Hi

I have passed everything and been given my start date for SOT(student officer training).

Thanks for the congrats

• Advertisement

Hi

As far as I am aware and have been told, 50 per cent of the points goes on if you resolved the issue and the rest on showing the competencies and method.
    Just like JVB said though, You are tested many times for certain competencies so try and demonstrate them in every role play. This is NOT a requirement but I found it good practise in case you missed out on previous role plays or written and situational exercise.

Hi

As far as I am aware and have been told, 50 per cent of the points goes on if you resolved the issue and the rest on showing the competencies and method.

That's really not what I want to be hearing! :(

I felt that all the issues within the roleplays had been properly resolved, but the five minutes ran out before I could formally fininsh the discussion. I hope this doesn't go against me. I guess it's down to the markers interpretation of whether the issue has been satisfactorily put to bed.

It's now been two days since I attended the A/C and already I'm startin to crack up waiting for the results. :eek: This is not good.

carlty888 wrote: »

I felt that all the issues within the roleplays had been properly resolved, but the five minutes ran out before I could formally fininsh the discussion. I hope this doesn't go against me. I guess it's down to the markers interpretation of whether the issue has been satisfactorily put to bed.

It's now been two days since I attended the A/C and already I'm startin to crack up waiting for the results. :eek: This is not good.

Don't worry carlty

It's ok if you have resolved it but not formally closed the conversation.
    I only formally finished 2 of mine!

So don't let that be worrying you in the slightest. If they see you made good effort and kept calm and displayed the competencies then you will be flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭PapaYankeeGirl

I hate waiting too. Im resisting waiting for the postman and keep telling myself i have another 4weeks and 5days to wait!!!!! :rolleyes:

Listen peeps you really need to chill. I too was as bad as your both feeling right now. It almost sent me insane !! I then took time out from the forum as I was checking it every minute, Laptop came to the loo and all sorts lol. Try keep it out of your mind and then someday their might be a nice surprise on the front door.

As the old cliche goes ' best things come to those who wait'
    Not much of a comfort I know but honestly you will make yourselves ill with worry etc.

• Advertisement

I hate waiting too. Im resisting waiting for the postman and keep telling myself i have another 4weeks and 5days to wait!!!!! :rolleyes:

We kinda noticed. :D:D

We still expect a daily update. ;) The forum just wouldn't be the same without it!

Don't worry carlty

It's ok if you have resolved it but not formally closed the conversation.
    I only formally finished 2 of mine!

So don't let that be worrying you in the slightest. If they see you made good effort and kept calm and displayed the competencies then you will be flying.

What's done, is done. It's too late to start worrying about it now. I'll just have to wait (patiently :mad:) until October for the feedback forms to come out.

This forum's like a bug that's hard to get rid of. I'll still be popping in fairly regularly to find out how others are doing. My next major rant will be around the time the pass/fail letters come out (end of August I think).

im litterally just home from my a/c, not really sure how it went to be honest but i actually enjoyed it! met a few decent folk although every1 seem too shy/nervous 2 talk! its 6 weeks and counting but i plan to put it out of my mind untill it comes! easier said that done though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 JulieBelfast84

I have my A/C on friday. I am so nervous, this is my first time gettin to this stage. Last time I failed my IST by two marks, and this year passed. My friend failed this year by 2 marks then got a letter saying she had passed because they lowered the entrance mark. Fingers crossed for friday and good luck everyone else who is about to do their assesment centre.

im litterally just home from my a/c, not really sure how it went to be honest but i actually enjoyed it! met a few decent folk although every1 seem too shy/nervous 2 talk! its 6 weeks and counting but i plan to put it out of my mind untill it comes! easier said that done though!

Can I ask you how long it lasted? and was there much waiting time between the role plays, situational interview etc?

Can I ask you how long it lasted? and was there much waiting time between the role plays, situational interview etc?

Mine started at 9am and i was out by 12pm

I had no time to wait in between it was just one after the other. There were 11 or 12 of us and we were split into groups of 3. My group did everything first so thats why i hadnt time to sit around:)

Wasn't too sure what time I would get finished, hopefully ill be one of the first groups to go then. Good luck with yours. Is this your first time too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

I can't believe it! :eek:
    I just came back from holiday and there was a letter waiting for me from Consensia stating that 'a review of candidate numbers ....has resulted in candidates with a score of 50 and 51 ..now progressing to the Assessment Centre.' :D
    I got 50, so I've got a date now for the AC. :)

Wasn't too sure what time I would get finished, hopefully ill be one of the first groups to go then. Good luck with yours. Is this your first time too?

Everyone does the written part together, then all the role plays coinside with each other, the interviews are conducted 3 at a time(in separate rooms)

2nd time doing IST
    1st time doing AC

All the best:D

Any other questions just ask:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chatterbox08

I had my AC last Thursday. Personally I found the situational interview the "nicest" part of the day. Its more relaxed I think. The interviewers are really nice too. I thought I was a little pushed for time in the written exercise. Not too sure how I performed in the Role plays, but I did manage to get it wrapped up before the 5 mins was up eacht time. Now its just back to the waiting game...

• Advertisement

I had my AC last Thursday. Personally I found the situational interview the "nicest" part of the day. Its more relaxed I think. The interviewers are really nice too. I thought I was a little pushed for time in the written exercise. Not too sure how I performed in the Role plays, but I did manage to get it wrapped up before the 5 mins was up eacht time. Now its just back to the waiting game...

Yeah the interview was good, felt like they were on my side! I just rambled on, i probably said the same thing over and over again!!! Oh well makes my point clear i suppose!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Kirksbabe

Hey folks my tummy is doing flips just reading these posts, this is my first time doing an AC. I am bricking the drive there more than anything. Any tips on the role plays?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭given1

Kirksbabe wrote: »
    Hey folks my tummy is doing flips just reading these posts, this is my first time doing an AC. I am bricking the drive there more than anything. Any tips on the role plays?:D

hey dont be worrying, it can be nerve wrecking but ya have to be as confident about it as possible!! read what competencies are being tested for the role play(its on the green sheet) and try stick to them as much as possible i.e should it be respect for diversity, resilence etc try and stay to the point and the information provided!use words that relate to these! think of the best way to sort out the solution in the quickest and most appropiate way in the period before the actual role play and how your going to approach it and most importantly just be yourself:) i know more people have far better tips than me but thats all i can think of at the minute!

is it long until your a/c?? you travelling from down south?

hope ive helped ya:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Hi Guy's

Can you tell me how long you have to wait for the results of the a/c day? Thanks

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Hi Guy's

Can you tell me how long you have to wait for the results of the a/c day? Thanks

You will get a pass/fail letter from Consensia in 42 days (6 weeks), but you will have to wait until October for the feedback report to be sent out. The feedback report will give you scores for how you performed in each competency. Total these scores up and and hey presto!

The total score from the A/C will be the main deciding factor in determining your place on the merit list. The lower your number on the merit list, the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭JVB

Kirksbabe wrote: »

Hi Kirksbabe,

Don't worry, just do your best and no-one can ask for any more. As Given1 has already said, try and match your responses during the role-plays to the competencies being assessed. Before your 3 role-play exercises (each lasting five minutes) you have a 5 minute unmarked preparation phase. Use this time to prepare notes on how you will approach the 'situation' i.e questions you will ask and issues you hope to resolve. Good luck ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 SFMCC

Hi Folks
    Good luck to everyone doing role plays at the minute for C14. I have mine next week and hoping for a better merit score this time round. Just hoping either C13 or C14 is successful as I don't think I can go through all the waiting again.:confused:
    Congratulations to all who's waiting is over!:)
    PS Has anyone else got interviews next week?
    SFMCC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

You will get a pass/fail letter from Consensia in 42 days (6 weeks), but you will have to wait until October for the feedback report to be sent out. The feedback report will give you scores for how you performed in each competency. Total these scores up and and hey presto!

The total score from the A/C will be the main deciding factor in determining your place on the merit list. The lower your number on the merit list, the better.

Thanks Carlty
    Does this mean-- the lower number on the merit list you are , the sooner you get in? or Even if you pass the a/c you may still not get in?:confused:

not really, their was only 11 of us so it lasted from about 9 to 12 45, my group went last at everything which sucked a bit! when is yours? good luck!!

• Advertisement

Gee-22 wrote: »
    Thanks Carlty
    Does this mean-- the lower number on the merit list you are , the sooner you get in? or Even if you pass the a/c you may still not get in?:confused:

A lower number on the merit list means that you're more likely to get in. It doesn't mean you'll get in sooner. You've still got the medical and vetting to go through and this can take longer for some than for others.

A person at merit number 1 may have to wait a year for his/her vetting to go through. They will be offered a place once this has been successfully completed. Another person may have a higher merit score, but could get in sooner as their vetting takes less time.

Passing the A/C is by no means a guarantee of placement. There are around 440 places (220 for RC's, 220 for non-RC's) up for grabs. You gotta be in the top 220 of whatever religious bracket you fall into.

Advertisement