Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dellboy2007

Pubic Hair. Can't beat it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

If it was on the 78A at any time of day, it was most likely heroin. Sweet smell.

If it was on the 31 in the afternoon, it was probably those fellas smoking hash, on their way home from court where they were just convicted for possession of hash,... of course.

Dunno about other routes

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Did it smell good?
    Well I asked him not to smoke, so he didn't, at which point he went on a rant that it was like New York, where I'd get popped for making such a suggestion. The guy was reasonably coherent, but with lack of motor control*. He eventually ran down the front of the bus, did something and then ran back down the back, gaining a lot of surprised / disturbed looks from other passengers.

All this on the 42 approaching Malahide!

* You can't drive the bus from upstairs. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Victor wrote: »
    Well I asked him not to smoke, so he didn't, at which point he went on a rant that it was like New York, where I'd get popped for making such a suggestion. The guy was reasonably coherent, but with lack of motor control*. He eventually ran down the front of the bus, did something and then ran back down the back, gaining a lot of surprised / disturbed looks from other passengers.

You should have told him the law is there to protect him too.
    Victor wrote:

Ah no wonder so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

chewing gum wrapper would definitly not work for heroin. it wouldnt work for crack either.

most likely as other posts said it was someone trying to burn hash to role a spliff. or they had no skins and they really wanted a toke so they burned it in the wrapper and inhaled.

there are very few sweets and things left in shops that you can use for smoking heroin off. there used to be kit kats but they stopped making them with the tin foil wrapper because junkies were using them to smoke off. what does work is cadbury turkish delight wrappers, you know the inside wrapper that is gold on one side. once you burn it before hand it works fine. they even stopped making those little tea spoons in McDonalds because one spoon was the same size as a Q bag of gear, and the dealers would use the spoons to measure out their Q bags. so McDonalds stopped making them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

board om wrote: »
    here used to be kit kats but they stopped making them with the tin foil wrapper because junkies were using them to smoke off...........they even stopped making those little tea spoons in McDonalds because one spoon was the same size as a Q bag of gear, and the dealers would use the spoons to measure out their Q bags. so McDonalds stopped making them.

lol, McDonalds and Nestle change worldwide product packaging due to dublin junkies huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Slight thread hijack but I've been on quite a few buses now in London at all hours and different areas and I've yet to see anyone smoke on a bus in 2+ years never mind freebasing or toking on a spliff.

Dublin on the other hand seems to have buses as the last refuge for smokers (admitedly scumbags). Technically shouldn't London be the rougher/more dangerous city? Why do people and bus drivers put up with smokers in Dublin? Unrelated but once this lad on a bus here said something racist (typical drunken bollox) and the majority of the bus turned on him and he was turfed out at the next stop and I reckon the same would happen to anyone attempting to light up.

Why the difference I wonder....

slipss wrote: »
    lol, McDonalds and Nestle change worldwide product packaging due to dublin junkies huh?

kit kats definitly were changed in ireland anyway, becuase it was in the paper years ago that shops stopped stocking kit kats becuase they had junkies coming in and stealing them. and i am sure if shops werent going to buy them anymore due to packaging, nestle would have no problem changing them. and sure when was the last time you saw kit kats in tinfoil wrapper?

im sure mcdonalds would have just purchased differnt spoons. in fact if i remember correclty they started using plactic stirring sticks instead. the spoons the junkies used to use were the long ones like the stirring stick but then they had a tiny little spoon on the end, which held exactly a Q of gear. and again i ask, when is the last time you saw these mcdonalds spoons?

you see if it is common knowledge that these items are being used for drugs and the big companies dont do anything about it, it doesnt look verygood for them. they have to be seen to be doing their bit for society as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

board om - that was a seriously interesting thread, perfect friday afternoon reading material......

what's freebasing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

What sort of drugs would one smoke from a rolled up foil chewing gum wrapper in the back of a bus?

Heroin most likely. I used to work in a shop beside an an estate renowned for the number of junkies, man they love their tin foil.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

Whyner wrote: »
    board om - that was a seriously interesting thread, perfect friday afternoon reading material......

what's freebasing?

Google is your friend
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=free-basing well actually urbandictionary.com but I found the link through google (you get the picture)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

freebasing is to smoked drugs what whiskey no ice is to whiskey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Tigrrrr

An Fhile wrote: »
    like how can anybody let themselves get into a state where they need to get high on public transport?

Do you use Irish public transport yourself? I think I can understand their position.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

thats a nice name you have there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

most likely heroin, as only a heroin user would be that far gone that they wouldnt give a **** about smoking during the day on a bus. A hash user would most likely wait till he got home.

lol

and sure when was the last time you saw kit kats in tinfoil wrapper?
    Yesterday, must have been an old kitkat. They changed over to the plasticy wrappers they have now because it is far cheaper and more efficient to wrap them than the tin foil wrapped in paper method. You can't honestly believe that crap about them changing them because junkies might use the foil? But you know what, you know the way whispas went off sale for years? Thats because a whispa packet holds exactly 28g of powder and Cadburies didn't want to see the packets showing up on the news, after drugs raids, stuffed full of coke. And you know the way Coca-Cola only sell coke and fanta in cartons now, thats because junkies were using the ends of the cans to cook up. True story.

slipss wrote: »
    Yesterday, must have been an old kitkat. They changed over to the plasticy wrappers they have now because it is far cheaper and more efficient to wrap them than the tin foil wrapped in paper method. You can't honestly believe that crap about them changing them because junkies might use the foil? But you know what, you know the way whispas went off sale for years? Thats because a whispa packet holds exactly 28g of powder and Cadburies didn't want to see the packets showing up on the news, after drugs raids, stuffed full of coke. And you know the way Coca-Cola only sell coke and fanta in cartons now, thats because junkies were using the ends of the cans to cook up. True story.

actually they havent sold kit kats in those wrappers for many years now. nice to see you went looking in the shops though. but anyways, it was a fact that those wrappers were used for smoking gear and most shops in areas with drug problems wouldnt stock them becuase it meant they had loads of junkies coming into their shop and it also meant they were stealing the bars rather than pay for them. its common knowledge around junkies. just like its common knowledge that they use cadburys turkish delight bars and cadburys caramel bars now becuase they are some of the only bars that still has a foil wrapper inside them.

and although you were being sarcastic, the ends of the coca cola cans are actually used by junkies for cooking up gear for banging it. but i dont see coca cola stopping producing cans because of it. just like i dont see cigarette manufacturers stopping putting filters in cigarettes becuase junkies use them to filter the gear before putting it in their works. some things will just never change.

Whyner wrote: »

what's freebasing?

free basing is just where you cook up your coke so it burns out all the extra crap that has been mixed in with it and then you smoke it.

there are a few ways of doing it but the basics are mixing coke with amonia and water and then burning off all the excess stuff the coke was cut with. you are left with a pure form of coke which is called freebase coke (similiar to crack) which you can then smoke.

in fact this is how richard Pryor set himself on fire. only he could make setting himself on fire sound funny :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Sherifu wrote: »
    So that was the reason for the chewing gum tax...
    That's VAT so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 uh oh

while we're on the subject of drugs can any of you guys tell me what drug would my ex boyfriend have been referring to when he was talkin about 'pollen'? (I think) Also, I know he smoked joints on regular basis but I sispect there was more to it. He had awful coordination, he could be very moody and hostile and he'd become very intolerant and aggressive if things didn't go his way. I'm guessing that wasn't brought on by cannabis - what would do that to him? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I know he has taken cocaine before and even injected heroin once so nothing will surprise me. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

An Fhile wrote: »
    lol!

It's pretty depressing that someone could be that desperate, like how can anybody let themselves get into a state where they need to get high on public transport?

Actually the real question here is, if someone were desperate enough to get high on public transport, how would they?

I imagine it would be tricky injecting a bus, or snorting a luas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭psilocybe

uh oh wrote: »
    while we're on the subject of drugs can any of you guys tell me what drug would my ex boyfriend have been referring to when he was talkin about 'pollen'? (I think)

Polm is a type of hash.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Holy crap!
    I used to take that bus everyday when i used to live in Malahide. Never came across anyone like that. Usually was filled with all the posh people living in malahide/portmarnock and the tracksuit kids who would all get off before clarehall...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Chasing the Dragoon bud?

actually they havent sold kit kats in those wrappers for many years now. nice to see you went looking in the shops though.

I didn't go looking in the shops for them, I opened my freezer, where I keep my kitkats, that I bought last tuesday, they are the paper/tin foil ones.

its common knowledge around junkies.

yes please inform me as to what is common knowledge around junkies, I'm sure you know alot more about that than I do........... (and as we all know, heroin addicts are well versed on the stock policies of multinational confectionary companies).

and although you were being sarcastic, the ends of the coca cola cans are actually used by junkies for cooking up gear for banging it.

Really? For true? Because I thought that the fact I used that example was pure coincidence, guess not.

*generic patronising comment reflecting the stupidity of what you said post #4*

free basing is just where you cook up your coke so it burns out all the extra crap that has been mixed in with it and then you smoke it.

there are a few ways of doing it but the basics are mixing coke with amonia and water and then burning off all the excess stuff the coke was cut with. you are left with a pure form of coke which is called freebase coke (similiar to crack) which you can then smoke./QUOTE]

Freebasing is where you convert the salt of cocaine to the base, it is not about purifying it, it is not about removing impurities, it is about changing it to a form that will vaporise at a lower temperature without burning away.

• Advertisement

Dude, one post at a time is all that's required. See the button to the left of "Quote"? That's the multi quote option which allows thee to answer a number of peoples comments (or in you case jsut one persons)at one time instead of clogging up pages with a number of individual replies.

Advertisement