Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drugs Question

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

cowan wrote: »
    Actually the real question here is, if someone were desperate enough to get high on public transport, how would they?

I imagine it would be tricky injecting a bus, or snorting a luas...

actually the question here is, how could anybody get themselves into such a state that they needed to take public transport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Did he have a bottle of YOP on or about his person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

slipss wrote: »
    Freebasing is where you convert the salt of cocaine to the base, it is not about purifying it, it is not about removing impurities, it is about changing it to a form that will vaporise at a lower temperature without burning away.

freebasing is removing the crap that is mixed in with it, therefore converting it back to its purest form so it can be smoked. if you try smoking cocaine as it is it doesnt work properly because of the impurities. by cooking it up in amonia and small bit of water it crystalizes. you then scrape off the crystals and dry them out. once dried it is freebase which can be smoked.

ive done it enough times to know. i will assume you have done it, eh, never. so i think i will go with experience over someone who just had a quick look at wikipedia.

uh oh wrote: »
    while we're on the subject of drugs can any of you guys tell me what drug would my ex boyfriend have been referring to when he was talkin about 'pollen'? (I think) Also, I know he smoked joints on regular basis but I sispect there was more to it. He had awful coordination, he could be very moody and hostile and he'd become very intolerant and aggressive if things didn't go his way. I'm guessing that wasn't brought on by cannabis - what would do that to him? Maybe I'm being paranoid but I know he has taken cocaine before and even injected heroin once so nothing will surprise me. :(

if he was talking about pollen then he just means hash. reeally nice hash though (mmm, i wish i still smoked).

anything at all could be making him go like that. but it does sound like someone who might have been doing a bit too much coke. it can sometimes send people a bit irratable and aggressive even when they arent on it. but then again some people get like that from years and years of smoking hash. they can get very agitated, annoyed very easily, have mood swings, etc. so really you couldnt say if it was one thing or another. i wouldnt go accusing him of taking class A's on the back of it in case it was just too much hash. but personally if someone i know was getting that way i would say something to them as they probably dont see it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 uh oh

board om wrote: »
    if he was talking about pollen then he just means hash. reeally nice hash though (mmm, i wish i still smoked).

anything at all could be making him go like that. but it does sound like someone who might have been doing a bit too much coke. it can sometimes send people a bit irratable and aggressive even when they arent on it. but then again some people get like that from years and years of smoking hash. they can get very agitated, annoyed very easily, have mood swings, etc. so really you couldnt say if it was one thing or another. i wouldnt go accusing him of taking class A's on the back of it in case it was just too much hash. but personally if someone i know was getting that way i would say something to them as they probably dont see it themselves.

I didn't mean to sound like I was just assuming he'd done stuff like that. In fact I didn't cop it for a long time. It was him who told me he was using cocaine and who told me he had injected heroin before. I didn't just accuse him of it for no reason.
    Anyway he didn't like me asking about it or pointing out his aggression to him. He said he'd leave me quicker than stop - and he did. It's all irrelevant now, I was just curious what that could have been. Haven't spoke to him in over a year. You're probably right though, I reckon it was most likely down to prolonged use of less serious drugs rather than class A drugs. I know he's done Class A's before but surely I'd have known if he was still doing it when we were together. His coordination and all was way off, like he nearly drove into a ditch once, got a big fright that time so I did. I wish I had have known enough about it to confront him properly but I didn't. Anyway, it's all behind me now. I was just curious. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

flanum wrote: »
    actually the question here is, how could anybody get themselves into such a state that they needed to take public transport?
    Ironing is a dead scene?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055287709

uh oh wrote: »
    I didn't mean to sound like I was just assuming he'd done stuff like that. In fact I didn't cop it for a long time. It was him who told me he was using cocaine and who told me he had injected heroin before. I didn't just accuse him of it for no reason.
    Anyway he didn't like me asking about it or pointing out his aggression to him. He said he'd leave me quicker than stop - and he did. It's all irrelevant now, I was just curious what that could have been. Haven't spoke to him in over a year. You're probably right though, I reckon it was most likely down to prolonged use of less serious drugs rather than class A drugs. I know he's done Class A's before but surely I'd have known if he was still doing it when we were together. His coordination and all was way off, like he nearly drove into a ditch once, got a big fright that time so I did. I wish I had have known enough about it to confront him properly but I didn't. Anyway, it's all behind me now. I was just curious. :)

i know what you mean. a lot of time it is a case that you wouldnt notice things going on at the the time. it is only afterwards when you start thinking about things and putting things together that they start adding up. and when you love someone you want to believe them more than anything so when you ask them a question and they give you an answer you dont entirely believe, you tend to make yourself believe them becuase you want more than anything for it to be true.

but nearly driving into a ditch and his coordination being that badly off doesnt sound good and it may well have been soemthing more serious than a few joints. but again it could have been anything. tbh it sounds like you made the right choice and you are better off without him. doesnt sound like he was going to be getting better anytime soon. if you had stayed with him you would have spent the next few years wondering and worrying, and that is no life for anyone. just be thankful you got out when you did :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 uh oh

i know what you mean. a lot of time it is a case that you wouldnt notice things going on at the the time. it is only afterwards when you start thinking about things and putting things together that they start adding up. and when you love someone you want to believe them more than anything so when you ask them a question and they give you an answer you dont entirely believe, you tend to make yourself believe them becuase you want more than anything for it to be true.

but nearly driving into a ditch and his coordination being that badly off doesnt sound good and it may well have been soemthing more serious than a few joints. but again it could have been anything. tbh it sounds like you made the right choice and you are better off without him. doesnt sound like he was going to be getting better anytime soon. if you had stayed with him you would have spent the next few years wondering and worrying, and that is no life for anyone. just be thankful you got out when you did :)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you board om. At least now I know that I probably couldn't have stopped it. Thanks for your reply, it had been bothering me for a long, long time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

freebasing is removing the crap that is mixed in with it, therefore converting it back to its purest form so it can be smoked. if you try smoking cocaine as it is it doesnt work properly because of the impurities. by cooking it up in amonia and small bit of water it crystalizes. you then scrape off the crystals and dry them out. once dried it is freebase which can be smoked.
    Do you have any chemical knowledge whatsoever? I find it funny that you've performed this process many times without any idea of what's actually happening. Freebasing isn't a term exclusively used by junkies, it's a chemical process. It's not about removing impurities. Impurities are substances which are not chemically bonded to the compound in question. Freebasing is as slipss described it:
    slipss wrote: »
    Freebasing is where you convert the salt of cocaine to the base, it is not about purifying it, it is not about removing impurities, it is about changing it to a form that will vaporise at a lower temperature without burning away.
    Ammonia is a base, cooking up a cocaine salt (probably cocaine hydrochloride) in ammonia and water, converts it to its Freebase form (and the Ammonia to its conjugate acid (ammonium/NH4+)), a chemical alteration of the compound. Freebase compounds vapourise at lower temperatures than when in salt form, hence them being easier to smoke. It is the chemical alteration that makes it easier to smoke and NOT the removal of impurities.

Advertisement