Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst area in dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I know many people from Ringsend and they're all sound. Likeso with people from posh areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭donaghs

The main reason house prices in D4 are so high is that so many people from around Ireland want to live there. These socials climbers are the worst snobs of all, and guard their new perceived social status fiercely. They're attitude isn't that different from people who have some sort of hatred at the D4 concept.

I don't live there, but as a southsider who lives on the northside now, I always found it to be a pleasant enough type of place to visit. The odd "Ross O'Carroll-Kelly" character can be slightly annoying, but not as dangerous or head-wrecking as a gang of skangers smoking and drinking on the bus to Tallaght (or outside the bus throwing stones at it).

Was about to say the best test of an area is to see how comfortable a foreigner would be walking around there, but considering there are parts of Dublin where kids can indimidate old people out of their houses...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

donaghs wrote: »
    I don't live there, but as a southsider who lives on the northside now, I always found it to be a pleasant enough type of place to visit.
    You'll find that this is the main reason why people want to live in the likes of D4 and Foxrock. It's not about the prestige (though it is for a few people), it's because the areas are quiet, well-kept, well-serviced, close to the city (without being *in* the city) and overall are more relaxed and pleasant places to live than Tallaght or Finglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭berliner

seamus wrote: »
    You'll find that this is the main reason why people want to live in the likes of D4 and Foxrock. It's not about the prestige (though it is for a few people), it's because the areas are quiet, well-kept, well-serviced, close to the city (without being *in* the city) and overall are more relaxed and pleasant places to live than Tallaght or Finglas.
    Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

Yeah, I agree. I used to live in Ballsbridge and Donnybrook while I was a student, and it was handy for college. They're nice, quiet areas but are well-served by public transport, which is why I wanted to live there in the first place. There were a few scumbags around where I lived in Donnybrook, but never anything violent or too bad. Mostly just knacker drinking.

But the 'D4' types did get really irritating. Nothing worse than sitting on a 46A listening to them harp on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

seamus wrote: »
    overall are more relaxed and pleasant places to live than Tallaght or Finglas.

It could be argued that Baghdad is more relaxed and pleasant than Finglas or Tallaght :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Keyti

Hey:)

I'm totally fascinated by what's left from blockhouses in Dublin.
    On my way from D12 to the city I'm passing three totally ruined buildings - just off the Cork Street. And recently I've noticed that there are still people living there, I think two families left on the first floor of the Warwick Court block.
    Those blocks are fascinating, so totally wasted! I wonder how the flats look inside, yet I'm not courageous enough to go check :rolleyes:

By the way, the flats off Dolphin's Barn Bridge - Rutland Avenue - seem quite rough. Those along the canal as well. Never been to St. Theresa's area, but can see them from the bus. Never been to Ballymun - maybe somebody has some pictures of the flats to show here? Will be grateful.

:)

Keyti wrote: »
    Those along the canal as well. Never been to St. Theresa's area, but can see them from the bus.

I'd recommend keeping it that way for about another 6 odd years until they're knocked down.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Keyti

Heh are they THAT bad? They don't look like from distance... Is there a huge difference between them an the "Dolphin Dreaming" (by the way, what an irony with this 'dreaming') ones? They seem to look exactly the same... :rolleyes:

Well I just live 2 mins up the road from them on Sandford Ave, and basically it's a nightmare, well it used to be.

I'm 17 and up until say last summer groups of the local scum from there would come after looking for fights, always outnumbering us. The last incident was in about January when me and about five mates were walking home from school and a gang of about 15 of them walked around the corner, they started throwing punches and the lot.

The flats themselves, Gardai have only started doing foot patrols in there, before they used to have to go in Paddywagons sometimes with the steel bars down.

Last October at Halloween, all their stack of wood for their bonfire was taken. But before that lines of youths lined across the front of the flats throwing bricks, fireworks at the Garda across the road who were called in to go in with the two Dublin City Council trucks.

It's a horrible place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭lucozader

foxrock

Dublin 4.....pure class.Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gingerjoe

Is ringsend a good place to live ?what is there to do , as in courses during the day social activites, cafe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

berliner wrote: »
    Dublin 4.....pure class.Love it!

You can't post something like that, Dublin 4 is a big area

You have areas like Ringsend and Irishtown which may be different to Sandymount or Donnybrook.

This thread is about the worst area in Dublin, so pick an area and don't be so general

micmclo wrote: »
    You can't post something like that, Dublin 4 is a big area

You have areas like Ringsend and Irishtown which may be different to Sandymount or Donnybrook.

This thread is about the worst area in Dublin, so pick an area and don't be so general
    Donnybrook is best. Ballyfermot/Finglas/coolock/Sherrif St/tallaght ,worst In my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you lived in all these areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 heinzes9100

Donnybrook is best. Ballyfermot/Finglas/coolock/Sherrif St/tallaght ,worst In my opinion.

it really pisses me off when people talk like this. people in these areas are really sound. unlike the d4 heads who love themselves WAY too much.

p.s someone reported me by saying "southsiders are stuck up there own arses". i will probably be reported again but whoever does report me is one sad prick. we will see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,314 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

spurious wrote: »

He's probably never even been in any of these areas to be honest.

spurious wrote: »
    Yes

it really pisses me off when people talk like this. people in these areas are really sound. unlike the d4 heads who love themselves WAY too much.

p.s someone reported me by saying "southsiders are stuck up there own arses". i will probably be reported again but whoever does report me is one sad prick. we will see
    "people in these areas are really sound" I'd have a large wager that you haven't lived in those areas. A nice comfortable middle class person commenting on something he hasn't experienced.

• Advertisement

Yes

What? All of them?
    "people in these areas are really sound" I'd have a large wager that you haven't lived in those areas. A nice comfortable middle class person commenting on something he hasn't experienced.

Much like yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 heinzes9100

actually, i lived in coolock until i was 10 then i moved to donneycarney. then i left the house and went to college in the southside and a good few of them but not all fit the stereotype.

Seven posts and you've a;ready been reported? I'm not into the whole reporting lark and I don't agree with berliner at all but try to keep it civil, man. Can't see you making it to eight posts if you keep it up to be honest.

Build a bridge, then walk over it.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

ban heinzes9100 will not be able to post for a week or so,lets hope he takes this time to reflect on his posts so far on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubtig

Dub13 wrote: »
    ban heinzes9100 will not be able to post for a week or so,lets hope he takes this time to reflect on his posts so far on Boards.

lads, ive read his posts and just dont get it. What did the bloke say that was so terrible?? If is missed something please tell me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

dubtig wrote: »
    lads, ive read his posts and just dont get it. What did the bloke say that was so terrible?? If is missed something please tell me

You cant see deleted posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dubtig

they werent all deleted and he didnt say anything dodgy at all, so why did you ban him?? is it because he cursed:eek: omg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭AlexBM

^^ I'm presuming this is one of the posts referred to that got said user banned temporarily.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If there is anybody else here from D4 who wants to do a house swap with my parents in tallaght, could they PM me?

They'd be more than willing to help you in your quest to Keep It Real.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement