Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy AFL 2008

Options
  • 27-02-2008 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Ok folks let's see if we can get this up and running.

Had a look around and the Fox Sports one looks pretty decent. At the moment they are taking pre-registrations so just go here and drop them your email address -

http://aflfantasy.foxsports.com.au/

You can pick your team from the 29th of February.

Could be a bit of a laugh even if we only get 8 or 10 involved.

UPDATE: I have just set up my team and the Boards.ie league. Just go to the website, register/pick your team and enter the code for the league which is 231-19. The layout is the exact same as the Fantasy Premier League one if anybody is doing that.

I just picked a rough team for now as you are allowed unlimited changes between now and the first deadline which is Thursday, March 20 at 17.00 EST (that's 6am Irish time, though that'll move to 8am once the clocks change).

Happy picking!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'll give it a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

Yeah, I'll give it a lash too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'll be in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Yeah I'll get in on this too.

Am doing this one too http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/ with some lads I used to work with. Bloody tight salary cap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah I'll get in on this too.

Am doing this one too http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/ with some lads I used to work with. Bloody tight salary cap though.

Just entered a team into that for the craic and I have to say I'm very pleased with it!

Glass, Ablett, Thomas, Clarke, Cox, Brown, Lucas, Franklin, Akermanis, Westhoff, Eagleton and Staker all make the starting side with Bateman, Begley and Medhurst in reserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

im gonna enter this too........but i expect to be in wooden spoon territory as i dont really know too much about it!!

Ok the league is up and running. Check the OP for further details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

I'm in there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Brian017

Right I registered and joined the boards.ie league. Will do a major overhaul of my team before the next deadline though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭tonton zola

gucci wrote: »
    im gonna enter this too........but i expect to be in wooden spoon territory as i dont really know too much about it!!

At least i'll have a rival down there

• Advertisement

Seven players so far is a pretty good start. No sign of a certain moderator though..... *cough*Desmond*cough*

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Seven players so far is a pretty good start. No sign of a certain moderator though..... *cough*Desmond*cough*
    Yeah, yeah.

I'm in.:)

DesF wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah.

I'm in.:)

And with the most original team name too! :p

I've sent PM's around to those who admitted supporting teams so hopefully that'll get the numbers though 8 isn't a bad start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Right. I just registered and realised that I have hardly any knowledge of Aussie Rules. This is going to be embarrassing.

pd101 wrote: »
    Right. I just registered and realised that I have hardly any knowledge of Aussie Rules. This is going to be embarrassing.

come on your a wicklow fan so you cant be that easily embarrassed :) (sorry i really shouldnt be making enemies seen as you will probably humiliate me in this league!!)

Well that's ten in so far and still two weeks to go for sign ups. Good stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

I'm in. Though I think my method of team selection leaves something to be desired. I basically sorted by players chosen most by other teams and bought the first 4/5. Surprisingly it left me with 2.5 to spend which I spent bring in Saints players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I've just signed up also:D

Dinkie wrote: »
    I've just signed up also:D

Did you take your team out? I could've sworn there was 13 in it earlier and now there's only 12.

Only a week to go before the first deadline closes for anyone else who wishes to submit a team. 12 in so far. If anyone has any mates that want to enter feel free to pass on the league code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Only a week to go before the first deadline closes for anyone else who wishes to submit a team. 12 in so far. If anyone has any mates that want to enter feel free to pass on the league code.

pd101 introduced me to this so you better give him the £75 like you promised... Wait this isn't like sky digital??? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

4 hours or so to go until the deadline and I've just put the finishing touches to "Retaliate First". Quite a big Port Adelaide presence in the team, which isn't good given the first weeks fixture, but in the long run I hope they'll serve me well.

No Irish interest in my team whatsoever! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

balls, I forgot to have a last sweep ove my team! Ah sure, they're not the useless donkeys for nothing anyway! Stuck in a few big names at the expense of a few rookies/second year players in other positions. Hoping Pavlich, Brown, Ablett, Cox can do the business for me!

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Quite a big Port Adelaide presence in the team, which isn't good given the first weeks fixture, but in the long run I hope they'll serve me well.
    They doing alright in the first quarter this morning :)

i think it really says something about the strength in depth of our league the fact that the top guy has twice the amount of point as the rest of us :D:D
    Go on Alf Stewarts army, lets call the league off now, il take second please.

*edit* i jumped the gun a bit there, sorry, didn't realise there was such few appearances already

538 points for me from my first three players. Oh yeah!

EDIT: Jays Des, Gary Ablett on the bench? WTF?!

So far so good but there's a hell of a long way to go yet.

Way too much dead wood on my team that I have to get rid of. I reckon I have about 6 players that won't get a minute this year. Need to find some bargains.

538 points for me from my first three players. Oh yeah!

EDIT: Jays Des, Gary Ablett on the bench? WTF?!

what would be a good score to be targetting weekly would you reckon to remain competitive? The psychology of the premiership soccer one is messing with my head, where i think 60-70 is a decent score, and iv 200+ point here after 2 players bloody play :confused:

Haven't done this FoxSports one before but I did a couple of others last year and an average of 100 points a player per game was a good score. Not too sure how this scoring system compares though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭scaramanga

just joined said id give ye boys a head start to be fair;)

Advertisement