Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy AFL 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Xavi6 wrote: »
    538 points for me from my first three players. Oh yeah!

EDIT: Jays Des, Gary Ablett on the bench? WTF?!

He's on the interchange, you still get points for those I'd imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The system is confusing alright, especially if you're doing a Premiership one at the same time. Dean Cox got well over 200 points and it takes me 3 or 4 weeks to get that in the football one!

EDIT: Just made my 4 transfers for next week there. Gettin in some of the good point scorers before their values shoot up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

Yeah it can be a bit confusing alright, kinda hard to know what you are looking for in a good player, I suppose the main thing I was looking for in picking the team was players who get high disposals in a game. Made my 4 transfers too to get rid of some of the early dead weight I have and pick up cheap good players. Didnt have too bad of a first round anyway. Long season tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 teamstephanie

team stephanie is going to kick ass????

team stephanie is going to kick ass????

Team Stephanie might wanna join first.....

• Advertisement

Quite happy with my performance in Round 1. After losing Scott Lucas to injury today though which is a massive blow considering I've already made my transfers for next week. We should have suitable cover though.

Average score in the overall game was 1705 points and 6 from our league managed to score higher than that with a couple more not far off. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cabra64

Yeah quietly pleased with the progress so far. Abit concerned that a few of my "stars" managed to get no points! i picked my team based on just the money players were worth. works for the fantasy prem leag. Hopefully my trusty logic holds thro.

Can i be cynical for a second and ask how many aussies have entered? im irish and haven't a breeze. Martin Clarke would want to pick it up a level or two tho or he'l be gettin the sharp shunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Dunno about Aussies but I'm Irish and on top of the league.

Helps that I've been here 2 years though.

true. its a tricky enough set up a reasonable array of cheaper players when your picking on chance alone. next task is to check for an injuries. Good few of my players scored zero.
    eg: Scott Lucas injured.

Team Stephanie might wanna join first.....
    i'm sorry i'm not sure of the etiquette involved with a forum like this, i just got a little excited that maybe there was some people in ireland discussing footie, i've just returned home from australia after 5 years, and the hardest thing to leave behind was the footie. i'm a little bit crazy about tipping and the picking teams... i would be delighted if someone could help me out with understanding how everyone replies to each other as it seems a little haphazard....

much appreciated...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hello there. Welcome to Boards.ie :)

You are doing fine :)

Just hit reply, and type.

Try to stick to the topic of each thread as that's how we keep track of all of the different conversations.

Did you enter your team in the fantasy league?

How did you get on?

team stephanie signed up,, not my best team, but its a start

No Martin Clarke for the Pies last night. I think I'm gonna cut him this week.

No Martin Clarke for the Pies last night. I think I'm gonna cut him this week.

Yeah I cut him after the first round. He's a good player, a great player even, considering how long he's been over there but he just doesn't score heavily enough.

Yeah he's on my cut list also. i hope he does turn into a one season wonder. kevin doyle springs to mind.

we have the 15th best league in the competition too! All going well so far anyway for the donkeys at the top of our league. hope to keep it going now. In the top 50 of the eagles fans too which is good!

and wrt Clarke, I read an interesting article in some rag he writes in while I was at the barbers yesterday. Saying how he doesnt grab a game like he used to in Gaelic and that he now just hides and covers his man rather than get on the ball and make something happen. If he knows he is like that, then he should try correct it, so hopefully he does.

Oh, and also with Doyle being a one season wonder? He was the best player in the Eircom league, went to the championship and won player of the year in his first year, and then followed that up with a good first season in the premiership, being one of the top scorers. Granted, he hasnt been as good this year, but who has from Reading? Have had a poor year in general, but he is still one of the better performers this year. Even yesterday his workrate was excellent. He'll get his gola scoring form back.

Some super points tally's in our league this week.

I've made a few transfers already. Brought in Murphy from the Dogs, our own Colm Begley and Geelong's Joel Selwood. Have a bit of cash that I'm gonna use to replace Calrke.

I top scored this week. Woo hoo! :cool:

I top scored this week. Woo hoo! :cool:

Another couple of them and you'll join me up top ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Had my best week so far this week, fourth week in a row over 2000 points and up to the lofty heights of 3rd. Happy with that (especially considering I haven't seen any hint of a game since last August!).

• Advertisement

its tight at the top of this alright! not much in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Had my best week so far this week, fourth week in a row over 2000 points and up to the lofty heights of 3rd. Happy with that (especially considering I haven't seen any hint of a game since last August!).
    Yeah Alf Stewarts Army were top scorers this week! To be honest iv not seen much action meself this season....maybe its the way to go!:p

No Jonathan Brown or Gary Ablett this week. Both were late withdrawls. :mad:

Even happier that I got rid of Jonathan Brown last week now. He scored well in the first couple of games but since then he just hasn't been worth his price.

yeah got rid of Brown myself, hasnt being doing well in general this year, Bradshaw the main man really for the Lions. But I had damn Ablet as my captain! Big loss there. You got a nice score so far anyway skittlebrau! Have a few players to go tomorrow so hope to close back the gap again.

hanton12 wrote: »
    You got a nice score so far anyway skittlebrau! Have a few players to go tomorrow so hope to close back the gap again.

Yeah you should do. I'll only have 2 more scoring players today.

Yeah you should do. I'll only have 2 more scoring players today.

loss of Ablett killed me this week, usually a certain 150 points doubled, which is just about the gap now. Good tight battle at the top anyway, must claw back the gap next week!

Injuries and suspensions all over the shop means big changes this week -

* Jonathan Brown replaced by Paul Chapman
    * Matthew Westhoff replaced by Nick Smith
    * Gary Ablett replaced by Adam Goodes
    * Adam McPhee replaced by Rick Ladson

Think Goodes could have a lot of ball against the Bombers and Chapman should stick a few between the posts against the Tigers.

Injuries and suspensions all over the shop means big changes this week -

* Jonathan Brown replaced by Paul Chapman
    * Matthew Westhoff replaced by Nick Smith
    * Gary Ablett replaced by Adam Goodes
    * Adam McPhee replaced by Rick Ladson

Think Goodes could have a lot of ball against the Bombers and Chapman should stick a few between the posts against the Tigers.

ablett named to start. Cats were hopeful yesterday of him starting and saw it on afl.com.au that he is named on the 22 man team. had to make a couple of changes myself, Symes and Cam Cloke out injured, have one move left so will wait and see how fit ablett is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

How many subscribers are in the overall main league? I can see that im number 4,086 or something(and our top guy in boards.ie is 917) , but i cant see how many other people are behind me......not a major issue really!

Advertisement