Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First with the news:Tara protesters to be removed

• 12-03-2008 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

Watch out for this story tomorrow,The troops are going in to remove all protesters from the site!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Awesome! Water cannon time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Wow. Any link to this story?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

\o/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Screw that, just build the road over them. Saves time, money, effort etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I am so smrt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

"Romantic Ireland's dead and gone..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

The funny thing's that they're all probably sitting around the campfire now obvlious to what's going to happen in the morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,421 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Screw that, just build the road over them. Saves time, money, effort etc.

We'll just have another row in 3000 years time when they want to build a skyway over the place and discover an ancient burial ground in the road beneath :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

astrofool wrote: »
    We'll just have another row in 3000 years time when they want to build a skyway over the place and discover an ancient burial ground in the road beneath :)
    Yeah, but people care about our history and heritage so that's why theirs uproar now. No one cares about hippies, so in 3000 years everyone will be glad to mow over their remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,872 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Yeah, but people care about our history and heritage so that's why theirs uproar now. No one cares about hippies, so in 3000 years everyone will be glad to mow over their remains.

The fvck we do!! We care about MONEY in this country and that's all. They'd build the fvcking thing right OVER Tara if it saved a few million and people would stand by and applaud!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

No one cares about hippies........

New paintball site anyone?:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Watch out for this story tomorrow,The troops are going in to remove all protesters from the site!

Link or back it up or it aint gonna happen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    The fvck we do!! We care about MONEY in this country and that's all. They'd build the fvcking thing right OVER Tara if it saved a few million and people would stand by and applaud!
    I have this horrible suspicion you are right! :(

Has the army arrived to conquer Tara yet?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The army are clearing them out? I'd put me money on the protestors if it comes down to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

Step over to Military and say that.

lol OP may be right

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/86665

but since the army is not up to the task they have had to resort to the fire brigade:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

This could end up costing the state millions, what if the protesters shout too much and hurt the military's ears. Or what if a soldier falls over and has a boo boo?

I thought the Military couldn't be used as a police force.

trellheim wrote: »
    Step over to Military and say that.

This is AH buddy, deal with it. Anyway dey wouldnt hear me if i did, the oul deafness claims would see to that :D

:pac:<gwan de big john wayne head on ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Awesome! Water cannon time

Throw in some soap as well, then watch them scatter.... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

a 5 fiver to anyone who can tell me where the road take for the road stops, yesterday the Nra gave out a statement it was 100m from the road and then had to retract it saying that it was only 25m, they never double checked the maps when they were planning the motorway.

All Out Emergency
    by TaraTaraTara Thu Mar 13, 2008 09:23
    Approx 80 personnel including several Gardai not displaying their numbers have descended on Rath Lugh.

There are 3 vehicles on the esker and a tractor half way up. This is seriously jeopardising the life of the girl pictured above who is locked into the tunnel by the neck. The Gardai are aware of this and are paying no heed!!!!

There is also a tractor heavy laden with steel works approaching from the Baronstown side and 22 jeeps have been counted.

The situatuion is extremely delicate and extremely tense.

Please go there if you can. Bring video equipment and phone credit. Go Now!!!

Please spread the word, contact all media, ring the Dept of the Environment, Tansport , Museum all.....

No coincidence that this is happening before a Court Order was made to stop them. BASTARDS!!!!!

From one of the hippies - well played with the court order:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

darkman2 wrote: »
    From one of the hippies - well played with the court order:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Well they could hardly do it after a court order could they? ;) Save the red wreck

From RTE

M3 protestors trapped in tunnel
    Thursday, 13 March 2008 11:57
    A woman who is demonstrating against the M3 roadworks is trapped in a tunnel that protestors dug at Rath Lugh.

Supporters claim the woman is chained by the neck to a jack and any attempts to try and remove her will cause the tunnel to collapse.

At the scene fences have been erected to prevent any further incursion by the protestors.

AdvertisementAround 40 construction workers together with about ten gardaí remain at the scene .

Following negotiations between the protestors and the Fire Chief it has been agreed that no attempt will be made to try and remove the woman from the tunnel.

The tense stand off at the scene is continuing and is likely to do so for some hours.

A number of other protestors have chained themselves to overground obstacles at the scene.

Meanwhile, the group protesting against the construction of the M3 motorway has asked the High Court for an injunction to stop all work at the Rath Lugh area of the road.

Peadar O Ceallaigh told Ms Justice Mary Lafoy at the High Court that diggers were using the area as a short cut because they had not been able to get licences to drive over the roads.

He said the tunnel and the monument were in danger of collapse.

The case will be back before the court at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

here are 3 vehicles on the esker and a tractor half way up. This is seriously jeopardising the life of the girl pictured above who is locked into the tunnel by the neck. The Gardai are aware of this and are paying no heed!!!!
    From RTE
    Supporters claim the woman is chained by the neck to a jack and any attempts to try and remove her will cause the tunnel to collapse.

Well duh... if you are going to chain yourself by the neck to a tunnel that will collapse if any attempts are made to remove you then you are obviously paying no heed to your own safety so why should the Gardai?!

Idiots tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

pics of the tunnel and video and find out how the NRA srewed up by not checking where the monument actually was

http://dublinstreams.blogspot.com/

From RTE

Im with the hippies on this, i hope they can overthrow the forces of scumbaggery that beset this land ( ie feckin builders)

:pac:< Hasta La Victoria Sempre hippies!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

woooo232 wrote: »
    Well duh... if you are going to chain yourself by the neck to a tunnel that will collapse if any attempts are made to remove you then you are obviously paying no heed to your own safety so why should the Gardai?Idiots tbh.

It will just be a waiting game now. But for the safety of the Gardai they would do well to stay back from this tunnel, if it collapses in the meantime, then unlucky. She knows the risks as do her fellow protesters, can't moan if she dies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I wonder what noise those eegits would make if the track machine kept going.... pfffffft maybe? Or just a plain old squelch perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,872 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bambi wrote: »
    Im with the hippies on this, i hope they can overthrow the forces of scumbaggery that beset this land ( ie feckin builders)

:pac:< Hasta La Victoria Sempre hippies!!

If you tolerate this.... then you children will be next... wil be next. will be neeeeext.....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement