Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your most controversial opinions here!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Idiot?

Errr, millions of people worldwide don't believe that the holocoust happened, I just never met an Irish person who held that view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

People taking creatine and all that kind of sh*t are insecure morons who think having muscles will actually make their life meaningful in some sad little way. Jesus do some f*ckin exercise yeah, but for health, not to shovel crap into your body and turn into a heaving mass that'll detiorate into jelly the second you stop.

Get a bleedin hobby.

Ponster wrote: »
    Errr, millions of people worldwide don't believe that the holocoust happened, I just never met an Irish person who held that view.

Where are these people? How do they exist. Let's buy them history books for chrimbo. History books with bombs in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,273 ✭✭✭Homer

Ponster wrote: »

I was about as serious as the rest of the people posting in this thread about immigrants and travellers and sweat shops?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Weren't we all !:D It's great when you see them come in to the real world and get some reality slapped in to them :D

So, so true. Its great when having to work in the real world crushes the life out of them, just like it has with everyone else. ****ing hippie student bastards. GET A REAL JOB!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Anyone who believes in Astrology, Homeopathy or any other New Age / Alternative crap should be forced by law to take evening courses in Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

World hunger would end overnight if starving people dropped the taboo on cannibalism. Why should we donate money to them when they're burying perfectly good meat in the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I agree with the views on travellers...

I think black people are crap drivers...

I think the majority of the people I know and work with are devoid of intelligence...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

A majority of boards.ie users are profoundly ignorant. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I think people who are idiots in life, even if the are good at studying, should not be awarded degrees or given real jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

bubonicus wrote: »
    People are stupid. And if you are not intelligent enough to know you are stupid, then you are really stupid.

have my babies - brill

ok this really is p*ssing me off

People who take illegal drugs know that they are illegal
    Why then is there only issue now that three people die within a week of each other that gov have to 'do somehting'? why do anything?????

People who die due to drugs know that when taking then that
    1.drugs are illegal
    2.drugs are harmful
    3.there will be side effects ie possibly death
    4.they are letting themselves and loved ones down by taking said drugs and putting life at risk

I feel sorry for people who are hurt due to drugs but blame the person in the coffin/institution who took the drugs. Why cant people take responsibility for their own actions rather than passing the buck? - government to raid parties etc.

idea - CHOOSE LIFE

LadyJ wrote: »
    I think people who are idiots in life, even if the are good at studying, should not be awarded degrees or given real jobs.

That is a wonderful statement. So true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

I think Ireland is a pretty backward country in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I don't think really blind people should be allowed to walk around on their own. I hate them holding my arm when I help them cross the road, makes me so uncomfortable.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I don't think really blind people should be allowed to walk around on their own. I hate them holding my arm when I help them cross the road, makes me so uncomfortable.

Harsh! Although I do hate when they whack you with their canes. They do it on purpose I'm positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Most of the people I encounter on chat boards of any type inevitably feature in a fantasy I have of machinegunning them to death in front of their mothers within 5 seconds of them expressing their "other", "un-PC" and "wrong" opinions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

industria wrote: »
    I was about as serious as the rest of the people posting in this thread about immigrants and travellers and sweat shops?!

I think most of them are serious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Don't help them, then. Or run to the other side of the road and say, "Wait for it....wait for it....NOW!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Merry Ploughboy

ScumLord wrote: »
    Pat Kenny is an excellent interviewer.

People who read the sun, star or any of those tabloid newspapers for anything other than entertainment value should not be allowed to vote.

couldnt agree more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

People who bitch moan about Ireland being crap, backward blah blah blah ! Fcuk off then if you hate it so much ! It would be a much nicer place to be if you weren't here !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Merry Ploughboy

Also, driving a car after smoking a few spliffs is acceptable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I'm not prejudice against foreign people at all but I seriously HATE when people in companies get the person with the worst English to call the courier company and give directions. Not smart.

Also, generally just hate dealing with people who have bad English over the phone when I'm trying to get something important done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

i hate ****ing moaning dickheads that post on boards

i hate racist ****s as well

i wish i had ****ing tourrets **** **** :D:D

Irish emigrants who moved to England in the 60s, 70s and 80s and kept this country going when it was in a mess by sending money home but are now old, away from home, and down on their luck or alcoholic have been conveniently forgotten by us now that we have plenty of money. Taking care of Irish people who this country owes a massive debt to should be our first priority before looking further afield.

These people left the place for their own fianiacial gain, how is it our problem if t didn't work out for them.
    None of my relatives ever sent money home to anyone other than their parents who the owed anyway.
    The people who chose to stay and pay extorinate taxes and raise us kept the country going. Screw these deserters.

In fact I don't think they should be entitled to state assistantce, Home helps, social housing etc as OAP's in Ireland, not having contributed to our system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Kazu wrote: »
    i hate ****ing moaning dickheads that post on boards

i hate racist ****s as well

i wish i had ****ing turrets **** **** :D:D

Here you go !

Turrets.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

SUV Drivers have small penis's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 psilocin

Being touched by Big-issue dealers, buskers or beggars should be considered assault and all methods of self-defence should be permitted in retaliation. Maybe sharp objects are a bit too far, but a flying kick to the face seems reasonable.

If you ask me politely then sure, I'll consider it. But don't f#cking touch me.

LadyJ wrote: »
    I'm not prejudice against foreign people at all but I seriously HATE when people in companies get the person with the worst English to call the courier company and give directions. Not smart.

Also, generally just hate dealing with people who have bad English over the phone when I'm trying to get something important done.

I ring banks every day and there is always someone within a bank who doesn't have good English. Not that they're not hard working but how can they get jobs in the telephony? Thats just crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Moonbaby wrote: »
    These people left the place for their own fianiacial gain, how is it our problem if t didn't work out for them.
    None of my relatives ever sent money home to anyone other than their parents who the owed anyway.
    The people who chose to stay and pay extorinate taxes and raise us kept the country going. Screw these deserters.

Well both my parents were, as you put it, "deserters" who moved over to London in their mid-teens to work and they sent home money to their families to help raise their younger siblings because there just wasn't enough money for their parents. I think if you really believe that people would leave home at 15, go to a foreign country, and work from early morning to late at night simply because they selfishly wanted to make money for themselves then you really have little or no idea of what was going on at the time.

My parents came home to Ireland in the mid 80s but they still have friends who live alone in London (I have visited a few of them when I was over in London and funnily enough most do not show any evidence for being over there simply for "financial gain" as you put it) and they recieve no support from this State at all.

The fact of the matter is that if it was shown that immigrants to this country were living in similar conditions there would be a public outcry but they are silent when it comes to these Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

psilocin wrote: »
    Being touched by Big-issue dealers, buskers or beggars should be considered assault and all methods of self-defence should be permitted in retaliation.
    You mean thats not already the case :eek:

-Alcohol should be banned, so holier than thou drinkers who look upon illegal drug users as addicted scumbags will be forced to deal with the criminal underworld and be subject to contaminated overpriced versions of their drug of choice. Berties "house party" should be the first to be raided on christmas day, the house ripped apart looking for the evil killer alcohol, big garda mc mucksavage with hands like shovels sticking them up his whiny arsehole looking for booze bottles. All publicans would be rounded up and imprisoned for causing so much misery, ruthless scumbags destroying lives with only profit on their minds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement