Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been banned??

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

*Kol* wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance. What is PI please? :o

Never been banned from any forum.

Personal Issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Yeah, apparently the mods on PI are mostly women!!! Like wtf... some people need to know the TRUTH

I'm split between thinking that this comment is sarcastic and thinking that you're gonna get spankeh'd quite soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Many thanks. I'll have a look and try not to get banned!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

*Kol* wrote: »
    Many thanks. I'll have a look and try not to get banned!:p
    Well it's fairly straightforward in regards to bannings. Post constructive on topic comments and you are fine, post crap or off topic and you will be banned. It still amazes me how many people are too stupid to work that out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Everyone knows that is the rule, but if you are faced with a thread that is pish, then it is often deadly tempting to say something entirely inappropriate, regardless of the fact that you are aware of the consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Timothy Bryce

I got banned once for giving the admin on another board a reacharound...

When he said 'Anything Goes' that obviously didn't include aforementioned behaviour

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I was banned from PI for calling a girl a bitch for dumping her longterm boyfriend by text.. That told me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

dirtydress wrote: »
    Banned from PI yesterday for addressing a point which was related to the thread but slightly off topic. Thread about proposing to a girlfriend where some idiot posted about conflict diamonds so in an effort to not discourage the OP from buying a diamond engagement ring I addressed his point. Interestingly the original misinformed idiot wasnt banned nor were the people who continued to post OT after...I think they're just a bit selective on who they ban... but anyway its only a week and i hardly ever post there anyway!

Did you not think to use the report post function ? cos like duh that is what it is there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

When he said 'Anything Goes' that obviously didn't include aforementioned behaviour

I heard you got banned because you cheated on the admin with some goats

Yeah, apparently the mods on PI are mostly women!!! Like wtf... some people need to know the TRUTH

More misinformation from you.

There are 6 PI mods and there are 3 of each gender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Folks, if you want to fight the good fight with regards to your bans, then I suggest you use Feedback or the Help Desk.

You will get no sympathy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

The main problem I have is I have never been banned and I want to know where Im going wrong.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    More misinformation from you.

There are 6 PI mods and there are 3 of each gender.
    Beruthiel, Gordon, Victor, Thaedydal, dudara, Marksie, gandalf

I count seven. :p

Rob_l wrote:
    The main problem I have is I have never been banned and I want to know where Im going wrong.
    Just piss me off and I'll sort you out with a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I was banned from the soccer forum before i was even given access. Dodgy access request so it was but they took the shackles off after many months and i'm back in. I got an infraction for posting a pair of tits there the other day too. I can be real dumb at the best of times

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Terry wrote: »

gandalf is the catmod so doesn't really count for day to day purposes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Only place I ever got baned from was the cuckoos nest by using the extreme intelligence filter

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was chucked out of the Spell Nazis for not being Nazi enough. The forum was just starting and everyone was getting their feet. I was attacked over writing Do instead of Does (or something to that effect) and ended up in an argument with the mod, which of course I couldn't win.
    Glad to be gone, the "better than you" attitude in the beginning was pretty nasty, I hope it has calmed down now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

LOL! Ooooookkkkkkkk........... ;)
    Just piss me off and I'll sort you out with a ban.

Banned.... for use of filthy language! :p

Absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Banned from the old computer hardware fs, for slagging off some dweeb selling 5 floppy disks:rolleyes: only lasted for 10 minutes though.

biko wrote: »
    Was chucked out of the Spell Nazis for not being Nazi enough. The forum was just starting and everyone was getting their feet. I was attacked over writing Do instead of Does (or something to that effect) and ended up in an argument with the mod, which of course I couldn't win.
    Glad to be gone, the "better than you" attitude in the beginning was pretty nasty, I hope it has calmed down now.
    As far as I know, one of the Admins stepped in and kicked some ass.
    I think it was DeVore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Got banned from the Limerick city board for 2 days for replying to a offensive comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Got banned for 2 weeks from Soccer after describing John Delaney's unlucky facial features. Honesty gets you nowhere! I haven't been the same since the banning...........

Gandalf is the soc cat most and not a PI mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Rob L and Timothy Bryce...you both know why were banned :D

Cheeky Girl...were you from the same forum????????

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Gandalf is the soc cat most and not a PI mod.
    I know. I was just being pedantic.

LadyE wrote: »
    Cheeky Girl...were you from the same forum????????

What forum is this now??

Only forums I look at are After Hours (hell yea!), Personal Issues (You can learn a lot from that thing), Fitness (love it) and the Dance/Techno forums! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I think the Admins here are generally more open-minded ...

On the other hand, if you keep pissing off Beruthiel ... well, let's just say that if the Jackboot of Love makes contact, a reacharound won't do you much good for a while! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Got a two week ban from Animal& Pet issues for suggesting a bazooka to deal with a noisy dog.

Got a 1 week ban from Vegetarianism/Veganism forsomething stupid i can't remember age ago, and i never pmed the mod to have it repealed.

Oh and i had a 1 month site-ban for posting a link to meat-spin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

6 bans afaik

• Advertisement

DiveBomb I hope you're grateful dude, brought a thread 3 years outta date back to life. ;)

Advertisement