Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been banned??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Soccer, Dublin City, PI, Feedback, After-hours, Animals and Pets.

Soccer - Passing comment on robbie keane
    PI - Cant remeber this one actually, abusing someone no doubt.
    Dublin City - Telling someone he should headbutt the Romanian gypo who short-changed him.
    Feedback - Cant remeber this one either.
    Animals and Pets - Asking how long cats lived because i want mine too hurry up and die.
    Aftr-hours - Calling someone a ****ing plank i think it was.

All pretty harsh banning i think.

Jeez I wasn't actually expecting you to name and state each incident but fair enough someone has a lot of time on their hands...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Oh yeah, and I was banned from sweets for giving a roundabout threat to kick some geebag in the gee. but she attacked me first, so the ban was lifted because of my polite-ness. Good show ;)

Thats 3 so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

On the subject of bans-I'm just back in to After Hours after a 2 week ban for 'casting aspersions' on a fellow members character - naturally I regret enormously the hurt I caused his cyber feelings but 'not getting banned' is more of an achievement than getting flung out every 2 weeks - takes a lotta discipline,believe me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

KIVES wrote: »
    On the subject of bans-I'm just back in to After Hours after a 2 week ban for 'casting aspersions' on a fellow members character - naturally I regret enormously the hurt I caused his cyber feelings but 'not getting banned' is more of an achievement than getting flung out every 2 weeks - takes a lotta discipline,believe me

Yeah i remember that!!
    it was me you were "casting aspersions" about:mad:

I'll have you know i've never had a drink in my life:eek:

Humblest apologies dearest Johnny - what with the whole imaginary ghost probe incident/or where you mugged by the dastardly phantom..well,my idiotic thread was the last thing you needed..Once again..many apologies...the Pioneer medal is on it's way this instant...

• Advertisement

Humblest apologies dearest Johnny - what with the whole imaginary ghost probe incident/or where you mugged by the dastardly phantom..well,my idiotic thread was the last thing you needed..Once again..many apologies...the Pioneer medal is on it's way this instant...

Apology accepted:p

Don't need a pioneer medal, thanks anyway.
    :cool:

Johnnystones, Kives, get a room lads! Raaaaarrrrr

:p

Feeling swell after your kind acceptance of my grovelling sorry's - What was the advice you were thrown out of Personal Issues for giving?

Actually,it's KIVES and I feel I must stick up for my former nemisis Johnny by bringing to your attention the Capital 'S' in his username..ie J'Stones...but your right I'll leave the private discussion with Johnny for some other time...Now,back to the subject of bans...Got thrown off the Mathematics Forum for suggesting that the emminent buffoon Riemann couldn't do Long Division...a serious lack of humour on that forum let me tell you

Actually,it's KIVES and I feel I must stick up for my former nemisis Johnny by bringing to your attention the Capital 'S' in his username..ie J'Stones...but your right I'll leave the private discussion with Johnny for some other time...

Gays shouldn't be allowed into After Hours...

Joke! (Just before someone reports me) :D

• Advertisement

That was good - you would have created history by becoming the first 'Ban Discussee' to become banned whilst in the process of speculating on the nature of 'bans'...that was a tough one to spit out...but be weary about casting aspersions on fellow members...I just stood outside the Rufus Wainwright concert...I didn't actually go in

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Actually,it's KIVES and I feel I must stick up for my former nemisis Johnny by bringing to your attention the Capital 'S' in his username..ie J'Stones...but your right I'll leave the private discussion with Johnny for some other time...Now,back to the subject of bans...Got thrown off the Mathematics Forum for suggesting that the emminent buffoon Riemann couldn't do Long Division...a serious lack of humour on that forum let me tell you
    Really?

None of your posts have been in the mathematics forum.

Terry wrote: »
    Really?

None of your posts have been in the mathematics forum.

haha! omg i actually laughed out loud.....reeealy loud at that one! HA! ouch! Caught out KIVES!!!! :p

Actually,it's KIVES and I feel I must stick up for my former nemesis Johnny by bringing to your attention the Capital 'S' in his username..ie J'Stones...but your right I'll leave the private discussion with Johnny for some other time...Now,back to the subject of bans...Got thrown off the Mathematics Forum for suggesting that the emminent buffoon Riemann couldn't do Long Division...a serious lack of humour on that forum let me tell you

nemesis?WTF

I couldn't care less about you:p

but you do seem very pedantic, should you not be organizing your underwear/sock drawer instead of trying to wind up people

Actually No- had wanted to get banned from the Mathematics forum but i couldn't remember Riemann's first name and didn't want to look silly,naturally - his first name was Bernard and his Hypothesis is one of the Seven UNsolved Maths conundrums in existance today - maybe I should be in Personal Issues - It's freaky you knowing that I hadn't been on the Maths Forum - It's a touch Orwellian...

Yea - my hands our held high above my head - caught by the...I see Johnny's back with a rusty old bone in his mouth.Pedantic is such a big word J ...YOU DIDN'T LEARN THAT WATCHING 'BALAMORY' REPEATS...

Actually No- had wanted to get banned from the Mathematics forum but i couldn't remember Riemann's first name and didn't want to look silly,naturally - his first name was Bernard and his Hypothesis is one of the Seven UNsolved Maths conundrums in existance today - maybe I should be in Personal Issues - It's freaky you knowing that I hadn't been on the Maths Forum - It's a touch Orwellian...
    It's not freaky at all.
    I just looked through your other posts.

Anyone can do it.

Yea - my hands our held high above my head - caught by the...I see Johnny's back with a rusty old bone in his mouth.Pedantic is such a big word J ...YOU DIDN'T LEARN THAT WATCHING 'BALAMORY' REPEATS...

This is my last reply to you

what is your major malfunction?

I better be careful or it'll be me getting the next ban:)
    But you do come across as fairly funny(in tha head):p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It works fine if you state your case clearly.

Going in there and calling all the mods 'fascist power hungry bastards' does not work.

Here's how to do it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054894983&highlight=Television
    Note, I was not a mod at the time.
    heh, I see you've learnt a bit since your early days here ;)

Fair enough,it's not Jimmy Saville freaky but it is a touch unnerving all the same...showing me up in front of the forum like that...I must make a point of actually going to the Maths forum soon and planting something about the Pioncare Conjecture...

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote: »
    heh, I see you've learnt a bit since your early days here ;)
    Indeed I have. :)

This place does take a bit of getting used to, but once you get the feel of it, then you can usually function quite well within its parameters.

In the interest of fairness, I should also point out that I have been banned from AH and politics twice and banned from Pets and animals or whatever it's called once.
    The pets one was odd because I had never even posted there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Loxosceles

I got banned permanently from the Cuckoo's Nest in the GET BANNED HERE, STUPID thread when they stopped banning people out of sheer slugbutt laziness, and I posted LongCat just to see if they would start doing it again.

Hell just doesn't want me, and heaven is full. I am actually capable of astounding clarity and reason when I want to be. But since mods mostly ignore you for sharing loads of astounding and helpful clarity and ban you for one minorly annoyed slip of the finger, (leaving a massive wasteland of flabby, mildly chicken-flavoured soggy-cracker mediocrity that is not unlike those horrible gender-separated bully-rife guilt-mongering schools that many Irish unfortunates attended in your youth,) nailing down anyone with the chutzpah to stick out of the crowd, I thought, why not. My sell-by date on moderated forums (that don't discuss anything I actually like enough to remain pleasant and civil on principle) is rather short.

My qualifications to be a forum moderator, let alone a very productive poster with loads of time to waste indoors, are quite lacking, due to my inability to a) have self-esteem low enough to actually enjoy controlling what people say in a place that only exists in pixels, 1's and 0's, b) be an unemployable housewife or a hallucinating harpy, c) be intent on making up for all the bullying I got in school for being a geek by becoming Heinrich Himmler Von Moderator, d) be a pale blue troglodyte, a Morlock, a mediocretin, and allergic to the outdoors, and e) generally be Pink in the middle, terrified of real-world effectiveness, and oozing an astounding amount of ego-related hypersensitivity from all non-generative orifices.

Of course, as saying that will very likely get me banned even though it was about 20,000 IQ points higher than the silage that so-called free speech gives us on places like 4chan, I am afraid that the only option is to remain better than all moderators, get banned, and proceed to tut-tut at a system that wastes so much time with moderators m@sturb@ting their egos in a virtual conversation about f0kall, when there is this thing that could be invented called a killfile.

VIVE LA USENET!

/me bows deeply, sweeping the virtual ground with a virtual plumed hat and walking slowly away.

Loxosceles.

I've been banned for a week for cracking an inappropiate joke towards gays. Now I'm currently banned for a MONTH for cracking a joke about batman (?) and then saying something along the lines of "oh no, am gonna get banned now..."! LOL! Only a day or two after coming off a previous ban!

Follow that!

*NOW UPDATED*

Since this, I've been banned for the past 2 wks from Personal Issues for laughing at the fact that the first comment under a thread entitled "I'm obsessed with sex" was "PM me!"....what a joke.

Also banned from the Cuckoos Nest for posting "bring it bitch" in the "post in this and you will be banned permanently" thread.

Ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I think I'm banned on a couple of forum's here, not too sure.

I know I'm banned from one of the Dublin forums (north county Dublin I think). I got a week ban along time ago, was suppose to PM the Mod to have it lifted and couldn't be arsed.

A few of the lads here in work are banned from various forums here too. Its a pain in the ass for me sometimes as we all share the same IP addresses of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'm banned from BGRH for being too manly.

Loxosceles wrote: »
    I got banned permanently from the Cuckoo's Nest in the GET BANNED HERE, STUPID thread when they stopped banning people out of sheer slugbutt laziness, and I posted LongCat just to see if they would start doing it again.

Hell just doesn't want me, and heaven is full. I am actually capable of astounding clarity and reason when I want to be. But since mods mostly ignore you for sharing loads of astounding and helpful clarity and ban you for one minorly annoyed slip of the finger, (leaving a massive wasteland of flabby, mildly chicken-flavoured soggy-cracker mediocrity that is not unlike those horrible gender-separated bully-rife guilt-mongering schools that many Irish unfortunates attended in your youth,) nailing down anyone with the chutzpah to stick out of the crowd, I thought, why not. My sell-by date on moderated forums (that don't discuss anything I actually like enough to remain pleasant and civil on principle) is rather short.

My qualifications to be a forum moderator, let alone a very productive poster with loads of time to waste indoors, are quite lacking, due to my inability to a) have self-esteem low enough to actually enjoy controlling what people say in a place that only exists in pixels, 1's and 0's, b) be an unemployable housewife or a hallucinating harpy, c) be intent on making up for all the bullying I got in school for being a geek by becoming Heinrich Himmler Von Moderator, d) be a pale blue troglodyte, a Morlock, a mediocretin, and allergic to the outdoors, and e) generally be Pink in the middle, terrified of real-world effectiveness, and oozing an astounding amount of ego-related hypersensitivity from all non-generative orifices.

Of course, as saying that will very likely get me banned even though it was about 20,000 IQ points higher than the silage that so-called free speech gives us on places like 4chan, I am afraid that the only option is to remain better than all moderators, get banned, and proceed to tut-tut at a system that wastes so much time with moderators m@sturb@ting their egos in a virtual conversation about f0kall, when there is this thing that could be invented called a killfile.

VIVE LA USENET!

/me bows deeply, sweeping the virtual ground with a virtual plumed hat and walking slowly away.

Loxosceles.
    Good for you.
    Before you go off on one about free speech, I should point out that it doesn't exist on this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

3 month ban !
    from PI .... for telling some vain girl to tell her vain friends to slash them selfs in the face with a knife before they mock some ugly guy ... something like that anyway yea... no warning never been banned before no nuthing a nice 3 month ban yea . think it was marksie or someone like that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good for you.

You read all that?... Wow.

I have the attention span of a gold fish and anything more than about four lines is lost on me.

Mairt wrote: »
    You read all that?... Wow.

I have the attention span of a gold fish and anything more than about four lines is lost on me.
    He's a newbie. I always read newbie rants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

3 month ban !
    from PI .... for telling some vain girl to tell her vain friends to slash them selfs in the face with a knife before they mock some ugly guy ... something like that anyway yea... no warning never been banned before no nuthing a nice 3 month ban yea . think it was marksie or someone like that :rolleyes:
    This is why exactly.
    I think you shold get your self a knife ok ?
    ask your friends what they think of him again looks wise
    then cut there faces up and then ask them to ask you what you think of there looks !

Pigman II you are also banned from PI btw.

Advertisement