Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been banned??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Nope, i'm not one of the cool kids on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I was banned from politics for 1 month for attacking the first poster on a sensitive thread about the middle east.
    It was my own fault and completely justified by the moderator.

Alcohol and politics on boards are not good bedfellows :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

marcsignal wrote: »
    Alcohol and politics on boards are not good bedfellows :o

Unless its in the S&S forum, where the only political decision to be made is whether or not one should wear one's pants. ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

connundrum wrote: »
    Unless its in the S&S forum, where the only political decision to be made is whether or not one should wear one's pants. ;)

PLEASE change your mind and PUT THEM BACK ON, ffs!! :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

Thaedydal wrote: »
    More misinformation from you.

There are 6 PI mods and there are 3 of each gender.

Thanks Thaedyal but how are we supposed to know? Like i think when registering we should put gender, or maybe there is something like that but i cant remember:D
    Some blonde moments :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

pred racer wrote: »
    Banned from the old computer hardware fs, for slagging off some dweeb selling 5 floppy disks:rolleyes: only lasted for 10 minutes though.

You, me and how many others? Heh. I fought tha powah and wun!!!1! I recommend fightin' da powah. It always works. (And Feedback has been quiet recently.)

Thanks Thaedyal but how are we supposed to know?
    You made an assumption. Thaed corrected you. Solution? Is it that we should state everything in a profile that'd be ignored anyway or don't make assumptions maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Karoma wrote: »
    You, me and how many others? Heh. I fought tha powah and wun!!!1! I recommend fightin' da powah. It always works. (And Feedback has been quiet recently.)

You made an assumption. Thaed corrected you. Solution? Is it that we should state everything in a profile that'd be ignored anyway or don't make assumptions maybe?
    Indeed.

All AH mods are men.

We don't let wimmins run this place.
    They're too emotional.

Terry wrote: »
    All AH mods are men.
    You're forgetting poor Tara again!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭curiousxxx1

Indeed.

All AH mods are men.

We don't let wimmins run this place.
    They're too emotional.

this might get me banned but
    CHAUVINIST LOT!!!!! the whole lotta of you....

this might get me banned but
    CHAUVINIST LOT!!!!! the whole lotta of you....
    LOL! Learn to recognise pishtake, curiousxxx1 ... you're far more likely to enjoy yourself around here! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Degsy wrote: »
    Been site banned for posting a pic of somebody taking a dump on a golf course .

hahahah I'd forgotten about that!! Its still my favourite boards moment. Degsy, you're a legend.

I'm banned from PI, for telling someone they should see a doctor. That constituted medical advice apparently.

Think I'm banned from events for telling ppl that boards beers was cancelled. Crazy maverick that I am.

Yeah, I also remember Degsy's scat attack.

I also remember the beer cancellation thing.

As for your PI ban, I find it hard to believe you were banned for telling someone to see a doctor.
    I'll look into this as soon as I get some cigarettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

DesF wrote: »
    I'm 7.33 times classier than you.
    DesF, go to Lolocaust, and read the joke I posted entitled "So there was this gay couple..."

If you're only 7.33 times classier than me, you're probably going to hell too. You would need to be at least 20 times classier than me to even count as homo sapien.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Bancount under postcount ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I was banned from Wrestling forum regarding the Chris Benoit thing. It was a RIP thread and Mod said "Any off topic discussions with result in ban" I said something alond the lines of "Benoit doesn't deserve a RIP thread after what he's done" and was banned.

I PM'd the mod and never got a reply, I'm still banned. That was in July or something. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I was banned from ask about money date ban will be lifted NEVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Banned from PI, Politics and Feedback!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

6 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

6 so far.

Name each incident chucks and each forum or you're full of sh*t. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Karoma wrote: »
    I recommend fightin' da powah. It always works. (And Feedback has been quiet recently.)

It does in it's shoite work. It's just a source of entertainment for everyone to gang up on lesser boards users and post their hilariously googled lolcat pics.

Oh and ehh currently banned on PI for posting on the thread with the other post about M&M's,and from Humour because I posted a big willy pic in the big willy joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Name each incident chucks and each forum or you're full of sh*t. :D

Soccer, Dublin City, PI, Feedback, After-hours, Animals and Pets.

Soccer - Passing comment on robbie keane
    PI - Cant remeber this one actually, abusing someone no doubt.
    Dublin City - Telling someone he should headbutt the Romanian gypo who short-changed him.
    Feedback - Cant remeber this one either.
    Animals and Pets - Asking how long cats lived because i want mine too hurry up and die.
    Aftr-hours - Calling someone a ****ing plank i think it was.

All pretty harsh banning i think.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Animals and Pets - Asking how long cats lived because i want mine too hurry up and die.

I take it you're in the cats will.

boreds wrote: »
    It does in it's shoite work. It's just a source of entertainment for everyone to gang up on lesser boards users and post their hilariously googled lolcat pics.
    It works fine if you state your case clearly.

Going in there and calling all the mods 'fascist power hungry bastards' does not work.

Here's how to do it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054894983&highlight=Television
    Note, I was not a mod at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

I've been banned from Personnel issues for giving rubbish advice!
    and the Paranormal forum for telling the story about the time i got raped by a ghost:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

and the Paranormal forum for telling the story about the time i got raped by a ghost:)

How are things working out for you after that experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I was banned from the pets forum about 2 years ago for pretending that I took my cat on holiday around Ireland in a box. I posted pictures of a cat in a box and I think that's what did it. I'm still banned!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've been banned from Personnel issues for giving rubbish advice!

Quality!

I got banned for posting a pic of the new Renault McCann in the Maddie McCann thread.

It works fine if you state your case clearly.

Going in there and calling all the mods 'fascist power hungry bastards' does not work.

Here's how to do it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054894983&highlight=Television
    Note, I was not a mod at the time.

DeVore wrote: »
    Can people who are not helping, not post? thanks

Hehe. He must have got sick of asking that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

Orange69 wrote: »
    How are things working out for you after that experience?

I was a little bit spooked at the time, but i'm alright now:)

• Advertisement

I was a little bit spooked at the time, but i'm alright now:)

I hope you're not still haunted by the experience.

Advertisement