Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another boy racer/loud exhaust rant..

Options
  • 16-09-2007 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

I'm being driven fvcking crazy here with them again tonight (Dublin 13 area).

So much so in fact that I'm sleeping at the back of the house to try get some rest.

**** in old Honda Civic's, Mitsubishi's Lancers, Skyline dirt boxes, Glanza's. You name it and the pox bottles are ripping past my house every fvcking night/early morning of the week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

get a few in our area sometimes (D14)

granted not the same, but at the moment there's a cat been crying for nearly 2wks out the back of our house... and it's a wreck the head when you're trying to sleep....
    cars would be the same.. disturbed sleep so i do pity you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lads this comes down to quality of life.

Fvck ''zero tolerance'' laws, how about bringing in a ''quality of life'' law.

God only know's we're here on this earth for such a short time as it is, why put up with sh*t which impacts directly on our quality of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Is that what that damn thing is crying? Couldn't tell myself and i can only hear it when the window is open (if its the same thing). No sign of it tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

i think it is cats crying...if it sounds a bit like ARRR-WOW!..then it might be a tom-cats call.
    the loud car exhausts drive me nuts.
    noise pollution if you ask me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

A car exhaust that is modified is nowhere near as noisy as an exhaust on a motorbike, does anyone here give out about them at all??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I stayed in the Meyrick on Eyre Square in Galway last night (second floor facing the square) and it was like trying to have a kip in Mondello - all f*cking night the bastards were going past the place was shaking some of them were so bloody loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,947 ✭✭✭kirving

Keep ringing the Guards until the do something about it, I know you should have to....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Is that what that damn thing is crying? Couldn't tell myself and i can only hear it when the window is open (if its the same thing). No sign of it tonight :)

:eek: can ye hear it? lol... its darned annoying!!!
    my friend reckons it might be a cat in heat, cuz they cry like that when they want a female...
    it sounds like it's saying 'eeeeeoooooooowwwwwww'
    hopefully it found a female!! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

It's so peacefull where i'm living right now. So damn quiet, it's great......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Throw one of these across your road for a couple of nights. End of problem.

Quality of life is gone to the dogs though, I've said it before but this country has suddenly become about me me me. Fuck everyone who's affected by my actions. It has to end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I have given the solution to this here before.

A neighbour of mine will not tolerate this crap.
    He beckons to the driver of the car and when they pull over, he pulls them out of the car and gives them a talking to.
    No violence at all, but the threat is enough.

Mairt, you're a big bloke. Follow the directions above. Just don't hit anyone.

Conundrum is also correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Maybe they can't afford €60,000 cars? They have to make do with their bangers?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Stand up to them or get better sound proofing on your house/windows.

Regardless, whining on an internet forum about it isn't going to solve anything...you pussie.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

jonny24ie wrote:
    A car exhaust that is modified is nowhere near as noisy as an exhaust on a motorbike, does anyone here give out about them at all??
    a )They generally just drive past and are gone quickly enough , unlike some butchered cars that almost take minutes to go up through each gear , followed by waiting for what sounds like the 50kg flywheel and crank to slow down for the next drawn out acceleration session
    b) termignonis sound better than something thats been attacked by a hacksaw

jonny24ie wrote:
    No. Motorbikes generally sound great, much better than modded cars. Being a biker they don't bother me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

There is a new law coming in banning those types of exhausts on some new noise polution thingy. Boy racers wreck my head too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭patrickc

every night in carlow between 11 and 12 they go boyracing at askea church, the gardai have been told numerous times but don't care

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Surely it'd be simple to pull them off the road.
    All you need to do is stop a boyracer, ring up the insurance company and if it has illegal modifications or legal but undeclared modfications you can seize it for being uninsured.

Sure take a look at www.carzone.ie and you'll sell loads of little 1.0l-1.3l cars and the seller talks about boosting the power.

Get the boyracer in court for driving without insurance and give them 7 days to pay a fine or the car gets crushed.

Where's the flaw in my plan?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭someothername

Terry wrote:

i agree with the OP that its sooo annoying but i think you are wrong in saying that Conudrum is correct......

while it might seem like a great idea and one we'd all want to do , if one of them crashed because of one of these then the person that places it on the road is liable for damages......
    best thing to do would be to get a lobby group onto the city council to put in lots of speed ramps that make the cars slow down , that would soon have them off to other areas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

Not sure if speedbumps will help the issue in all cases, as evidenced by this rather resourceful and eloquent sh!tbox driver : link :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This morning I'm wondering how to involve all the residents effected by these bastards.

Most of the noise is centered around the round-about at ClareHall, Elmfield and Grattan Lodge. Mostly its two car's or more (sometimes 4 or 5) fighting for the racing line through it, or god forbids if its been raining we get these other 'drifters' ripping around trying to get their car's tails drifting out sideways.

Terry I know you said I'm a big bloke, and I am. I'm well able to slap a little ****er around but this is no solution.

ANyone know how to best organise resident against this?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Have you sounded out any of your neighbours to see how they feel about it Mairt? At least if you had a bit of a consensus on it you might know if it would be worth organising a meeting of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

micmclo wrote:
    Surely it'd be simple to pull them off the road.
    All you need to do is stop a boyracer, ring up the insurance company and if it has illegal modifications or legal but undeclared modfications you can seize it for being uninsured.

Sure take a look at www.carzone.ie and you'll sell loads of little 1.0l-1.3l cars and the seller talks about boosting the power.

Get the boyracer in court for driving without insurance and give them 7 days to pay a fine or the car gets crushed.

Where's the flaw in my plan?:D

Thats a bit extreme, no??
    Dont get me wrong im not too fond of boy racers myself but the **** dance music they are pumping out of their sound systems is alot worse than those exhausts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Mairt, there is only one way to deal with this - judo!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

dlofnep wrote:
    Mairt, there is only one way to deal with this - judo!

Ear-plugs are cheaper - and less violent:D

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

buy an air-rifle and take potshots at the car as they go past - I don't mean aim for the drivers, but you could get the message across that driving by your area means loads of little dents in their precious bangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,004 ✭✭✭Wossack

dont think recommending the OP to commit assault with a deadly weapon is the best course of action here ;)

-1 for firearms offences

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Terry wrote:
    I have given the solution to this here before.

A neighbour of mine will not tolerate this crap.
    He beckons to the driver of the car and when they pull over, he pulls them out of the car and gives them a talking to.
    No violence at all, but the threat is enough.

Mairt, you're a big bloke. Follow the directions above. Just don't hit anyone.

Terry, that works until you pull the wrong guy over (e.g Stabby McStab).

Mairt Your best bet is to go the speedbump or chicane route tbh. Chicanes are better as there are tossers out there who use speedbumps to ramp their cars off.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Wossack wrote:
    dont think recommending the OP to commit assault with a deadly weapon is the best course of action here ;)

-1 for firearms offences

ha ha!...ah but the satisfaction would be great !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I have recently joined the ranks of the noisy exhaust brigade. Mine split going around a roundabout (rusted through) and now I am embarrassed beyond belief driving past people or overtaking. I cant get it repaired fast enough, and it still isnt as noisy as a punto with a coke can exhaust.

Advertisement