Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name Check

• 01-01-2006 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Just a quick one, I see alot of new posters here and it is good to see everyone here taking an intereast in the forum. So with all the new peeps on here, this is your chance to say hello.

So hi i am nanook, origionally from Leitrim but now observing from wicklow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,799 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'm muffler. (dont ask about the name) Born, bred and buttered in the lower region of the Finn Valley and now located in the twin towns area.

Married, with kids and I also have a mortgage if anyone wants to pay it off.

Not going to say much about the occupation other than it is associated with property (kinda)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

I am me, Paddy20 a certified loony tunes, I should know as I certified myself after smoking some strange concoction at a party in London way back in the early 60's, hence the name Paddy20, as thats how old I was, way back then when everything seemed possible, and a new era of freedom dawned.

Now, I am trying to keep a 'low profile' in Ballybofey, where I let out my first scream after some bastard slapped my arse !, I was innocent then and I am innocent now.:eek:

P. :cool:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm byte, rared and bred in Ballintra (which btw, now has ADSL broadband!) but living for the past 6 months in Letterkenny.

Still work in Donegal, in the electrical sector, so a long commute daily!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The name is Tar, Tar.Aldarion :)
    Reared in breeogue,sligo, I now go to NUIG (electronic and computer engineering) and am moving back up there in the morning again.
    The nice relaxing stay in sligo has come to an end once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭foggy

I'm foggy, named after the weather the day of my first post.

i work in the health sector. born and bred in the countryside outside letterkenny. travelled for a while, lived in dublin for a while, now back at home this past few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Well I'm Sin scéal eile originally from Co. Sligo (not too far from the Donegal/Leitrim border) currently living in Germany.

I'm constantly dreaming of moving back to the "old soil" which unfortunately isn't as easy as it sounds due to various circumstances, hoping to make it back home in two years.

I'm working for probaly one of the most hated companies in the world, but...

...Sin scéal eile....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

Hello all and Happy New Year to Ye all! I'm Carrickman.... well as I'm from there (born a Kilcar man though) living in Dublin this past 6 years. Working in the office for a Donegal born Building Contractor this past 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Hi im R0ot, im from the buncrana area :D

Carrickman wrote:
    Hello all and Happy New Year to Ye all! I'm Carrickman.... well as I'm from there (born a Kilcar man though) living in Dublin this past 6 years. Working in the office for a Donegal born Building Contractor this past 3 years.

You didn't happen to study Civil Engineering in Letterkenny, did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Medbhia

Hello all,

Medbhia here (brand new today!). From lovely sunny Sligo, living in Wales for the minute. Might wander back to Sligo for good though over the next few months...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Hi all, I'm magnumlady (after the rock band, not the gun!)
    I live out in the sticks of Sligo, been here for 15 years before that I was in the UK.

You didn't happen to study Civil Engineering in Letterkenny, did you?

No not me, but know a lot of people that did.

Carrickman wrote:
    No not me, but know a lot of people that did.

Thougt you might be another guy from Carrick I knew in Letterkenny (many moons ago - well actually 13 years ago - omg!!! it's that long ago, I must be getting old!!!!)

I used to head to Letterkenny every Thursday to the Grill (after a few in the Pin Tavren) back then as had a lot of friends in collage around that time, think they were first years.

Carrickman wrote:
    I used to head to Letterkenny every Thursday to the Grill (after a few in the Pin Tavren) back then as had a lot of friends in collage around that time, think they were first years.

Ah! The memories of the Grill :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭roykeane16

born in dublin now living in lovelyleitrim:D ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MR BIG

Im Mr Big, im from donegal, im dyslexic, opinionated, imature and need to be censored! **** SAKE! :mad:

im the dazzler and the second person from leitrim on these boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Goodshape 'ere... 22 y/o.. my real name is pretty obvious from the various links in my sig ;)

Born in Buncrana, Donegal; moved about a good bit throughout the years -- London, Galway, Dublin, back to Buncrana, over to Prague for a bit and currently in Dublin again with no real idea as to what to do with myself. Such is life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭weeginger

Hey, weeginger, and believe it or not.. I'm short and a red head - predicible I know.

I just moved to and am still trying to get to grips with Letterkenny. Not the most welcoming place I've ever lived but I'm hoping it'll grow on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

PlayGirl here :) .. born in galway, moved to dublin then up to buncrana!, its not so bad up here i suppose but its annoying the way everyone knows everyone in buncrana because its such a small town & rumors get spread around like nothing normal!, not saying that i'm completely innocent in that area! but hey, what can you do?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Jimmycrackcorm exiled from East Donegal to West Dublin. Met a Dublin lassie and now I've a permanent city life sentence.

Oh how I salivate looking at the property prices at home thinking of what I could swop my Dublin dog house for. If only my other half could learn that you don't need an entry visa to move outside the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Smashey here. Born Lifford. Grew up. Moved away. Came back.

smashey wrote:
    Smashey here. Born Lifford. Grew up. Moved away. Came back.

That's a great story :D (I especially lke the "came back" bit - that's what I'm hoping to do too...)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 LockeTribal

im Locke, from inishowen, studying in DCU now (or at least trying to :D). half way through my final year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

Jimmeh, Letterkenny born and raised, trying to escape, cant seem to manage it :-/ home is were the heart is.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dandanthe

Hiya,
    Im dandanthe, living in the Finn Valley area for the moment. Originally from Inishowen, North Donegal. Was married but thankfully retired from that situation (havent got the bill for it yet). Work for an american multinational that has a gate at the end of it.
    Enjoy the banter on the boards and people who fall into the 'nuts' category. I think one can relate to them better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

Smithers - Leitrim Village Man born and bred into me,

Carrick man, whats the name like? Gerties country?
    Carrickman wrote:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

so smithers you have raised your head from the forsale section. Good to see you back.

How is all in carrick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

alls good mate, been keeping an yee on yee all from afar!

Carrick is carrick,same sh1te

congrate on ur pending arrival, didnt think u had it in ya boy!

Advertisement