Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Name Check

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

nanook wrote:
    so anyone gonna post a pic here

I already have, and don't see yours up yet either nanook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

I already have, and don't see yours up yet either nanook!

PPL, I have just noticed that we have over 100 posts and 1 photo.

I think we shold be changing this one, i for one will post something soon, damo well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

ok im no chicken, please be nice as i dont do photos!!!

the rest of ya should hurry up too!!

at least we can recognise when out and about the county!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Ok here's my ugly mug ...with no hair :)

From Glenfin .. but living in Cork now!

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/dazzainlk/?action=view&current=me.jpg

Great to see Donegal win yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

I may as well add my mug to the list I don't have many pictures of myself as don't do photos very well!!

Just to let ye know this picture was taken in Parkhead at the old firm match last November (very hungover), sorry for any distress caused by the picture:p

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16908532563.jpg&s=f5

Carrickman wrote:
    I may as well add my mug to the list I don't have many pictures of myself as don't do photos very well!!

Just to let ye know this picture was taken in Parkhead at the old firm match last November (very hungover), sorry for any distress caused by the picture:p

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16908532563.jpg&s=f5

you dont look 32???????:eek:

you dont look 32???????:eek:
    Really?? :cool:

really really!:D

That's because I was 31 in that photo:p

well thats very smart indeed :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

heres me asleep at about 4 in the day after a rough night.

this is my profile pic everywhere. ;)

hee hee thats a good one!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JackG

Jack here in Letterkenny. Returned back last november after being in Dublin and doing a bit of travelling. Looking forward to posting more.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,305 ✭✭✭✭muffler

JackG wrote:
    Jack here in Letterkenny. Returned back last november after being in Dublin and doing a bit of travelling. Looking forward to posting more.....
    Jack, delighted to have you aboard. Keep the posts coming and enjoy yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tall Tom

Hi, I'm Tommy From the States - Philadelphia, Pa

I have quite a few relatives living in Donegal: outside of Ardara and one married cousin now living in Maas. I love the area so I will probably be a regular here in the NW forum.

I'm really tall, 6'7" so that would explain my username (Tommyboy was taken).

EDIT - here is my pic. I'm the tall freak on the left. My buddy Bobby (on the right) got married in Antigua this past February.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Welcome aboard Tall Tom!

Now I'm thinking I should change my name to Dinky Damo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tall Tom

Welcome aboard Tall Tom!

Now I'm thinking I should change my name to Dinky Damo :D

Thanks. And while you were posting, I edited my post to include a pic of my freakish self.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Hi, I'm Adrian, posted here a few times, thought I should give an introduction: I'm Leitrim born and bred, but I've lived in: Dublin, London, NY, Donegal, Derry, Antrim, Reading, and Meath and finally back to LM (for good) a few years ago. Married and mortgaged with 3 wanes, (see, even picked up a bit of the lingo while up top) never had less cash but never felt wealthier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Hey guys, thought I should give myself an introduction seen as everyone else is! :)

I'm takola, Originally from Sligo town. Living in Limerick at the moment though i'm planning on moving home in September providing everything goes to plan! :)

• Advertisement

takola wrote:
    Hey guys, thought I should give myself an introduction seen as everyone else is! :)

I'm takola, Originally from Sligo town. Living in Limerick at the moment though i'm planning on moving home in September providing everything goes to plan! :)
    Welcome to the North West forum takola. And a hearty welcome to anyone else I may have missed here or on other threads.

Keep posting and enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

Hiya, I'm lemon of old, only one day old on these boards.

From Limerick originally, have been moving my way up the west coast for the past six years and have found myself in Sligo. It's funny how you never end up where you expect?!!

Having a great old time here though, and looking forward to posting on this forum!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Welcome, a sligo guy here. Hope you like the wonderous city. (:

Yes, welcome to the best forum on the boards. keep the posts coming and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

Well, a Sligo girl :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Hi. I'm il gatto. I live a few miles from Sligo town. Technically I'm from Leitrim (complicated). Drumshanbo area.
    I registered last month, and have been posting away since. Didn't notice this thread. Should have introduced myself. Even started the "Is Sligo worst run town in country?" thread. Cheeky bastard :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Another sligo man, welcome. Not too many of us about.
    Have fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

smashey wrote:
    So, you were born in Derry, grew up in Lifford and you now live in Ballyshannon. Let me guess, were both of your parents teachers? :D Also, did one of your children have a picture published recently in one of those kiddies' mags?

I think I know who you are.

Well hello there E. you are of course correct in your assumption. must send ya a copy of a pic i took of all us bunch in the horseshoe in many many years ago. I'll catch up for a chat when I am up home next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Okay D. I will hold you to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sligo-man

Hi all, I'm from Sligo town. Some of ye may know me as sligoman on foot.ie and others wont have a clue:D.

Had to use a "-" in my name on here as sligoman was already taken:(.

Welcome aboard.

• Advertisement

Indeed, always good to have fellow Sliogo men about!

Sliogo men
    ???? ;)

It's a term we have in Sligo. I don't think outsiders would get it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Born in a wee place just outside Letterkenny now live in Bonnie Scotland. I'm hoping to have good times conversing with you all, being a newbie be go easy!!!! :)

Madam wrote:
    Born in a wee place just outside Letterkenny now live in Bonnie Scotland. I'm hoping to have good times conversing with you all, being a newbie be go easy!!!! :)
    A scotch Patricia in other words :D

Welcome aboard and enjoy the craic (when its available):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

I shall remain nameless. But bear in mind I love you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

hi dom40 here just joined im originaly from ballybofey now living in england like to keep up to date with whats happening in the NW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

dom and wunderful (a bit late i know) welcome to the North West.

Have fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Moin, moin. (As we say in Friesland)
    A true Friesian here, now losht in the Leitrim shticks. Dromahaire area.
    From the boglands of Germany to the boglands of Ireland. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Another Leitrim person. That makes it about five or six. :D Welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Xiney here. Canadian, currently living in Montreal but moving to Sligo this summer with the husband. So I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself by a few months posting here but I'd really like to know as much as possible before arriving and inevitably making a fool of myself with my North American accent and so on.

Oh, how I will be teased :(

Also need to arrange several things before arriving and get some tips on job seeking etc.

Welcome to the NW forum Xiney and hopefully you will enjoy posting here.

Post up any questions you may have before flying "over the water" to Sligo and although we dont have too many regular posters here we will however do our best to get you a few replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I can't believe I never saw this thread before even though I've posted threads of this board and I'm a regular reader. I'm John, born and rared in the broadband-free area of west Co. Sligo before meeting Xiney in 2004 and departing for Montreal in 2005 (yes, I'm "the husband").

I convinced her to look for some information here as I'm about as good as a Canadian Immigration official (little inside joke).

Example:
    Her: "What would be the best areas to rent an apartment in Sligo Town?"
    Me: ".......Cartron?" *only know of this from friends who lived there when i went to I.T. Sligo. I lived at home.

Yeah, I've seen you post here in the past and its good to know that we have Mrs Yeats as a member now :D

We shall breed more members. \o/

Welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Hi, Tuppence here. Keeping the North leitrim numbers up.However been around. Grew up Sligo studied dublin and worked for years in London but back in one piece. (apart from the odd scrape!). Looking forward to a new start.

Thats 4 Leitrim people here now - half its population :D:D

Welcome tuppence and hope you enjoy posting here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vivaldian

Just saying hello. I've been in the States for the past seven years (married to a Yank) but we're pretty much decided on moving back to Ireland, and are thinking about the North-West (Donegal most likely).

Nice to see someone returning to the wee island again after a period away.

Welcome to the NW forum and enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Another Donegal person here. Just stumbled across the site and found some good stuff on it. Noticed you guys today. I'm from Donegal originally. Lived in Dublin for about 6 years on and off but back settled in Convoy now. Anyway nice to see a North West thread. Hopefully yous might get around to organising that night out again!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement