Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Name Check

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Smithers wrote:
    congrate on ur pending arrival, didnt think u had it in ya boy!
    He hasn't, she has :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

i was born in letterkenny and lived there until i was five when i moved to sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

muffler wrote:
    He hasn't, she has :D:D

Heh, heh, very quick :p

P.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

guys guys, thats my good lady.

And by the way, she wants it out :)

Fitzo wrote:
    i was born in letterkenny and lived there until i was five when i moved to sligo

Fitzo

Welcome aboard

Have fun and watch out for paddy, he bites ;p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Trixabelle

Trix here. movin home after 17yr absence, cant wait!:)

Paddy20 wrote:
    Heh, heh, very quick :p

By my reasoning, it took him 24 mins to crack those words of wisdom

:):)

trix

welcome to boards and especially to the north west

Have fun and hope you get your broadband soon

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

cheers

I think I welcomed Trixabelle to the forum while posting on another thread but if not you are very welcome.

Also to Fitzo, welcome aboard. I see you have a few posts under your belt but I think this may be your first visit to the North West.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

Well, I'm from Leitrim, but living in Donegal now.

Way back when I first made my presence felt on the internet I was known as rikerleitrim (mostly that was just on the Teletext MailBox for the Paramount Comedy Channel).

Once I moved to Donegal, that became my full-time nom de internet.

riker welcome and thank you for supporting the population of leitrim.

Sniff sniff. promise you will come back for the censos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭rikerdonegal

nanook,

Thanks for the welcome. Don't worry I haven't forgotten Leitrim. In fact, I was home this past two week-ends to see (a) my mum, and (b) friends down from Dublin, and back from England. This is always the case, since pretty much all my Leitrim friends don't live there any more. :(

RD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yo man, you are not allowed animations in your sig or quote boxes.
    Welcome!

Yo man, you are not allowed animations in your sig or quote boxes.
    Welcome!

Or sigs as BIG & Lenghty as yours ;) Heh, heh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Paddy20 wrote:
    Or sigs as BIG & Lenghty as yours ;) Heh, heh.

I turn a blind eye to mine silly, duh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

I'm water-man. From Ballybofey. Lived a while in Belfast, Dublin, America, back in Ballybofey and now livivng somewhere in Europe.

I don't post am more of a lurker.

Also used to work for Paddy20 favourite company. Oh the fun we had keeping the neighbours awake all night.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

How yee folks..:)

Daz here...from Glenfin meself...but living in cork now for my sins :)

Also worked a stint in Paddy's Fav company ;)

God..i miss the GAA at home :(

WATER-MAN & MR DAZ,
    water-man wrote:
    I'm water-man. From Ballybofey.

Also used to work for Paddy20 favourite company. Oh the fun we had keeping the neighbours awake all night.:D

Why not send me a PM, about what conditions were really like working for my "FAV Company", were they so bad you had to go to "Somewhere in Europe" to get away from the 'Noise & Stink' ?... any private info would be appreciated ;) . From either of you.

Many thanks.

Paddy20 wrote:
    WATER-MAN & MR DAZ,

Why not send me a PM, about what conditions were really like working for my "FAV Company", were they so bad you had to go to "Somewhere in Europe" to get away from the 'Noise & Stink' ?... any private info would be appreciated ;) . From either of you.

Many thanks.

I think if you want to go down this road its better that you exchange email addresses and keep it off the boards and the associated PM's

• Advertisement

muffler wrote:
    I think if you want to go down this road its better that you exchange email addresses and keep it off the boards and the associated PM's

OK BOSS,, I was expecting some sort of comment from you, I will comply of course, but I think you are being a bit 'Heavy handed as usual :rolleyes: .

I requested PM's which ARE PRIVATE ?...IMHO

Thanks for nothing :(

P. :cool:

Paddy20 wrote:
    OK BOSS,, I was expecting some sort of comment from you, I will comply of course, but I think you are being a bit 'Heavy handed as usual :rolleyes: .

I requested PM's which ARE PRIVATE ?...IMHO

Thanks for nothing :(

Paddy, PM's are not private as I have already discovered.

Before you go off in another rant I would respond the same to anyone else who posted comments like yours.

The topic here by the way is "Name Check"

By the way Paddy, have a read here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50784138#post50784138

and then tell me if I am heavy handed compared to other mods

Wow, you got teh pwnd. :)
    Paddy, if you can't post something in public on boards, you can't in PM.
    Well you can, if not caught. ;)

muffler wrote:
    By the way Paddy, have a read here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50784138#post50784138

and then tell me if I am heavy handed compared to other mods

Muffler,

I did not realise that a PM was not Private, very strange. I was also aware that 'Name Check' is what this thread is entitled, but I was answering the 2 lads posts , I agree a bit Off Topic, which is why I suggested they PM me.

As for other Mods, I prefer not too comment on this thread about any of them, as IMHO that would also be 'Off Topic'.

If the lads want my e-mail, all they have to do is PM me, I think ?..... IS IT SAFE ? i.e. Private !.

But, what do I know about anything ?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Greenhorse

Howdy,

Raised in Fenagh in Leitrim.

However shipped off to boarding School in St Mels in Longford after the guards found the bodies :mad:

Lads a boghole wont hide everything for ever :D Okay. lol

Lived in Dublin for 7 years. You know I must have been the only Leitrim guy living south of the River. 7 years of " Jesus Ive never met anyone from Leitrim b4"

As you can imagine I get the same over here in NZ. Married the hottest kiwi around and loving it...so far....

Niall

Greenhorse wrote:
    Howd

As you can imagine I get the same over here in NZ. Married the hottest kiwi around and loving it...so far....

Niall

Hi,: welcome to the Maddest Forum on the Net :) Personally having travelled very widely, I finally discovered that I could not beat my very own native women, in the hot & homely stakes :D .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pwee

Hi folks im pwee:D

Im moving to sligo town on saturday, i was working for a multinational funds company in dublin but i quit to get a job in retail in sligo(dont ask how that happened!!) My friends think im mad, i think things will work out fine, tbh i have never felt happier. oh yeah im from mayo originally;)

Hey, hope you have fun in my native Sligo. :)
    Welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

hey everybody, long time listener first time caller

im originally from the wesht of the donegal but currently living in letterkenny. there seems to be quite a few of us about

Advertisement