Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychics & Mediums (ask questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭mysteria

Doris Stokes is a proven charlatan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I think a lot of readers start out genuine, but greed and/or ego takes over.
    I was going o go into an indepth analysis of my own experience but this really just sums it up. I'ts also a trait that seems to be passed on to the younger generation. I don't know why.
    I've been involved with quite a few and they really hate to see the free flowing amateur in total unihibited spiritual connection. In my experience I've observed them teach the unihibited to become inhibited, claiming its a requirement for psychic protection.

I can't remember the name off hand, he published a book that included a set of tear-out Zenner cards and instructions on how to conduct psi experiments, it can't be hard to trace. As for his million dollars, I'll bet if I levitated across the room healing the disabled and reciting his family tree while writing his deepest secrets he would'nt pay out. He's a bit cleverer than Acorah though whose bubble is about to burst (prediction)

Been there too Solas, people are threatened by what they don't understand. Sad for them really, they are missing out on a wonderful spiritual dimension that exists for us all to enjoy if we choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scorptech

mysteria wrote:
    I think if you click the word "blog" under my username you'll find my info. There is a lot more if you click on the word "more". (Not trying to be condescending)Didn't know about a blog list. Ask Margaret Neylon about me.She was running a Centre two friends of mine from New Zealand worked in.

I know Margaret very well and have just been up with a friend of her's called Dr. Lewis Park. I read your blog and have no doubt that you have a good background in this subject matter, however, I suppose it's a case of "how many spiritualists does it take to change a lightbulb" Answer: 12, one to do it and the other 11 to discuss how they would do it!! :)

There are no hard and fast rules when working with your guide (although protection is something that most of us agree on).

Although this is not the forum, check out my website http://oym.scorpiontechnology.co.uk regarding the new world order etc which I've been studying for the last 5 years.

As for Doris Stokes, I have read her books and at the end felt that it was geared towards marketing, however, (there's always a "however"), I mentioned the James Randi thing as she mentioned this in one of her books. So as to whether she was a charlatan or not, I don't know enough about her to make a judgement. There's two sides to every biscuit, so until I hear both sides I tend to sit on the fence.

I have come across, as most people probably have in spiritualism, spiritual jealousy, spiritial ego and spiritual snobbery. These are human traits and are very hard to fight. There's not enough space to talk about this subject here, but once you are aware that they exist, than you can make sure that you, me and anyone else involved stay grounded and remember that we are only used as a communication device by spirit and that what is given can also be taken away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭solas

I might split and move some of this thread over to the spirituality forum where it would be more at home. Its an interesting discussion and it would do well to expand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mysteria, with regards to this thread "Good psychic Mediums", do you ahve any opinions on either Colin Fry or Tony Stockwell?

As for Derek Acorah, I am sure he does have a degree of talent though he may not spend as much time in recent years "upkeeping" his skills and therefore uses showmanship to get the crowds in.

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

My mum's gone off Most Haunted now... she thinks Derek is too showy-offy

Speaking of ghosts and stuff, I need to give that book back to you sometime soon... was a good book!

Dublin 6th, I doubt all the TV mediums I see, I've seen Colin Fry in action a couple of times and he appeared to me to be "cold reading", fishing and dealing in generalisations. Don't think I've seen Tony Stcokwell. To be honest, I'd need to have a reading myself before judging anyone. Derek Acorah exhibits absolutely no signs of Psychic ability to me at all, because of personal contacts. I feel genuine mediums would find it hard to work under TV conditions, and in test conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 silverangel

I have the white witch's number in Cobh if anyone wants it, just pm me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Liza

Hi All,

This my first time to visit this site and during my visit I have noticed some of you are looking for Dympna the medium's contact details.

If anyone needs to contact Dympna about attending a Work shop/Demonstration or one-to-one reading PM me and I will give you e-mail address.

Love & Light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

Derek Acorah is to appear on this year's celebrity big brother..say no more..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 scarey

scorptech wrote:
    When you are coming to Dublin let me know and I'll put you in touch with a good medium (she does charge €80 euro an hour).

Let's just clarify something here, there is a difference between a psychic medium and a spiritualist medium. Spiritualist mediums can work both on a psychic and spiritual level, were as pychic mediums only work on a psychic level.

The newspapers have a lot to answer for calling "spiritualist mediums" psychic mediums.

The development circle members which I develop with all work on a spiritual /psychic level.

By the way, James Randi was invited by Doris Stokes twice to prove her ability, but he turned her down, twice.
    hey would you have a number for a good medium

have's anyone a number for a good medium, as i want to contact me sister its my first time here really so dont no what way it works:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There's a suspicious number of people with 1 or 2 posts that post in this thread...post in a similar manner to other people with one or two posts...if you know where my paranoid ramblings are going...

has any1 got john o sheas number please

no one here has his number, but if you read through this thread you'll see people saying things like "pm me and i'll give you a number".

6th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gwendoline

Hi i am a tarot reader and know catherine Woods yes i would recommend her very good , Because i read the tarot i need my cards read once in a while one cannot do an accurate self reading , could you tell me more about the person you send 20 euro to and she does a reading
    Gwen

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

[
    The newspapers have a lot to answer for calling "spiritualist mediums" psychic mediums.

they have a lot to answer for in calling ANYONE a medium who communes with the dead if that person has provided NOt evidence for it! I haven't yet seen any evidence of such people in the newspapers providing evidence.

By the way, James Randi was invited by Doris Stokes twice to prove her ability, but he turned her down, twice.

Well this is a claim that the "medium" in question was denied the chance to provide evidence for the "RANDI MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE".

Strange!

I dont suppose you can supply evidence that doris Stokes twiCe asked to do the million dollar challenge. could you please do that?

I don't suppose you will since it appears to me that Doris Stokes died in 1987 but the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF - who offer the million dollar challenge) were not set up until 1996!

ISAW wrote:
    [

they have a lot to answer for in calling ANYONE a medium who communes with the dead if that person has provided NOt evidence for it!

There is one way to see if there is an after life ... go kill yourself and if you dont make contact with me after I'll know you were right.

6th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

ISAW wrote:
    I don't suppose you will since it appears to me that Doris Stokes died in 1987 but the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF - who offer the million dollar challenge) were not set up until 1996!

Obviously they tried contacting her through a medium
    :D

dublin6th wrote:
    There is one way to see if there is an after life ... go kill yourself and if you dont make contact with me after I'll know you were right.

6th

Asking me to kill myself is personally insulting.
    Please withdraw that remark.

My point has nothing to do with my personal beliefs in an afterlife. I could go into detail on this point but I wont be drawn since I already asked someone to do a psychic reading and show things like the similarity between my and my mothers health.

furthermore it does not address the point i made.

how could someone claim that someone else was twice refused the million dollar challenge when the challenge only existed AFTER that person was dead?

Now Dublin 6th please withdraw the personal attack or I will complain about it.

do you want me to make a prediction about that?

see thats the problem with typing something, people dont get the real idea of what is being said. When i saw you I mean people but if i type you folllow by your name in brackets e.g. you (ISAW) that means you directly. I can see how I should have been clearer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ISAW wrote:
    Asking me to kill myself is personally insulting.
    Please withdraw that remark.

Now Dublin 6th please withdraw the personal attack or I will complain about it.

do you want me to make a prediction about that?

oh for gods sake, dont be such a drama queen.

dulin6th, dont be stupid.

play nicely.

my bad

6th

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

play nicely.
    Thanks White.

Dublin, if you continue to post in such a manner I will ban you.

That is all.

dublin6th wrote:
    you I mean people but if i type you folllow by your name in brackets e.g. you (ISAW) that means you directly. I can see how I should have been clearer though.

Like when a stand up says ..... you know when you go into a pub .... he's not directing it at anyone in particular, he's generalising. None of us will know for definate in ghosts, spirits, the afterlife etc exist until we're on the otherside ourselves. I'm sure if it all does exist alot of skeptics and non-believes will go "opps" when they die?

6th

At least you get a warning in Paranormal as opposed to Paganism where i posted about the courses and got banned!

play nicely.

I don't like stating this since it offers information about a question on which I asked psychics to give information. But I don't like being called a "drama queen" either so I think my comment may warrant explanation.

Whitewashman if you looked up my messages in other fora (as I suspect others who wanted to check my background health issues would do) you would realise that I am currently being treated for cancer. I wouldn't normally be so I am sensitive to such remarks such as "go and kill yourself."

Dublin 6th - I may accept (though many others wouldn't) that you meant to referr to "one" instead of "you" but that is YOUR error not mine and if I took offence I had every right to do so and to demand an apology.

If you have no intention of withdrawing the remark and apologising then I don't intend to take the issue any further. I note someone has already warned you. I am only asking you to be careful about what you state.

We can all make comments we did not intend but I do believe we should be big enough to say we didnt intend to cause offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭scorptech

ISAW wrote:
    [

they have a lot to answer for in calling ANYONE a medium who communes with the dead if that person has provided NOt evidence for it! I haven't yet seen any evidence of such people in the newspapers providing evidence.

I don't know how much experience you have with mediums, but if you have been to a medium and you were still not convinced, then they weren't very good or not trained properly.

Well this is a claim that the "medium" in question was denied the chance to provide evidence for the "RANDI MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE".

Strange!

I dont suppose you can supply evidence that doris Stokes twiCe asked to do the million dollar challenge. could you please do that?

You assume that Randi had to have the foundation setup before he asked Doris Stokes. Who is to say that he asked her before he setup the foundation and maybe was a catalyst for setting up the foundation.

As per my thread, Doris Stokes mentioned this in her book, so as to it validity, I cannot confirm.

• Advertisement

scorptech wrote:
    I don't know how much experience you have with mediums, but if you have been to a medium and you were still not convinced, then they weren't very good or not trained properly.

Or they just dont exist? I would sincerely love to koow about someone who can talk to the dead but I honestly have NEVER seen ANY evidence of someone being able to do this.
    You assume that Randi had to have the foundation setup before he asked Doris Stokes. Who is to say that he asked her before he setup the foundation and maybe was a catalyst for setting up the foundation.

as far as I know the "JREF million dollar challange" did NOT exist until JREF was set up. Please show me if I am wrong. As to Randi refusing to test Stokes well thats part of what JREF was set up for i.e. so Randi himself wouldnt oversee the tests but independendant people would. It is possible that Stokes contacted Randi and said "please test me" and Reandi refused but that is up to the person claiming it to prove. Mind you I can always ask Randi? Would you believe his answer?

As per my thread, Doris Stokes mentioned this in her book, so as to it validity, I cannot confirm.

So I was right and you CAN'T back it up with any evidence? Would you accept what Randi says on this?

Advertisement