Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economist & Policy Analyst Graduate Role

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 InnIRE

@gmor96 I received a phone call last week from PAS requesting further documents. I asked how far they are through the panel and they told me that they’re at me basically since their starting clearance. But I think they’ve started clearance with everyone from Batch 1 that is on this forum. So not much new information.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DW92

Hey guys, has anyone from batch 1 heard anything more from PAS? Last I heard from them a few weeks back was that documents were being sent to management for a final review and they'd be in touch if they needed anything else. Anyone past this stage yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 InnIRE

@DW92 Got told the same reply when they rang me asking for additional documents at the end of March. But I do know of someone from Batch 1 that started, but not sure where they were placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gmor96

Hi guys PAS contacted me, final checks are over and now I just need to wait for the assigned department to contact me. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DW92

Congrats! Did they tell you what department you have been assigned to? I'm yet to hear anything back from them, hopefully this week some time. The wait is excruciating!! 😂

• Advertisement

@DW92 not yet, I'm a bit afraid about my notice in my current job. Hopefully the position won't require to start immediately after we got assigned to our department

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

Is this a graduate role in name only? I've observed some LinkedIn accounts of people who have this job and there seems to be a trend of them having several years of professional level experience prior to starting. What are the chances of a recent graduate fresh out of college with the likes of just bar/retail work getting this job?

I'm noticing this a lot within the Policy sector; a real lack of true entry level graduate roles, with most jobs specifying at least 2-3 years of professional experience within the sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭kksaints

Plenty of the roles are filled with people straight out of college the last few years albeit most of them would have Masters in Economics. The entry requirements were fairly tough a few years ago as regards degrees etc, not so sure what it's like now.

Thanks. I have a Masters in Public Policy, but that only merited 23 points (barely the passing mark) in the 'Relevant knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience' section. That's tied in to my point, in that you would assume the only way to receive a higher score in that particular section is to have further professional experience. Or maybe, it's that qualifications in Economics hold more weight than Public Policy qualifications in the minds of the assessors.

Admittedly, I did not pass the test section (information/data analysis), so perhaps someone with a strong score in that would compensate for a score similar to mine in the first section.

I don't know if the final section, 'Delivery of Results', was based on the test or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭kksaints

For this role a Masters in Economics outweighs other degrees, at first IGEES looked for Economics degrees holders only but I think that's changed but it's still prioritised.

• Advertisement

I've a master in Policy Analysis myself, I also do have working experience even though in fields that not related to this. As per the job description they were seeking graduates on Social Sciences or Economics, overall I'd say they look for people skilled in quantitative analysis.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Sinradler

All of those sections are based on what you write in your application, it's on that basis that the shortlisting takes place, so it's to do with the precise detail of how you describe your qualification and what experience you have, if that helps.

I got a bit mixed up. The test was actually Stage 1 (Numerical Reasoning), which I passed. The section you are referring to was Stage 2. I don't remember that section too well, only have vague memories of doing the Stage 1 test, as I did them around 6-7 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trench10

Hi everyone, This is my first post on Boards, so bear with me if this isn't the right way. I'm in batch 3 OOM 2 and wonder what the chances of getting hired are. Currently, I'm working off the assumption that they make batches because they need to hire people from each. I.e. what's the point in making a batch if they don't hire anyone from it? Lmk if that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bonsai3

Im also in Batch 3. From what I understand all of Batch 1 and Batch 2 have to be assigned before they get to us. I'm personally not holding out much hope but fingers crossed!

Hey Batch 1, does anyone have a start date yet?

Advertisement