Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economist & Policy Analyst Graduate Role

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 InnIRE

I haven’t heard anything so far. It’s my first time going through the process, so not sure how many they usually take. Do you have know if they usually use up Batch 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gmor96

Same here. I seen in previous comments on this board that they usually take around 30 people from Batch 1, then over the year they might take the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DW92

The lack of transparency on timelines is pretty annoying! I'm 29 on OOM, which judging by previous comments leaves me in a bit of limbo. If there's anyone higher than me in the OOM floating about the thread would they mind updating everyone on when they get called for clearance! It's like waiting on the bus with no real time info, miserable 😆

I'm not much higher in the OOM, hopefully there'll be somebody from the top 10! Haha In the info booklet I've seen the other day that we'll have like 1 year preparation. Not sure if it's like one year training or how it will work

I’m in the low 20s, so if I hear anything I will update you both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Luke_Doyle2

Came 25th in the OOM this year for IGEES. Would you say I have much of a chance of getting a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Sinradler

In previous years they've only done one batch and as far as I know everyone has been. However, this year they have moved on to interviews for a second batch so it's likely you'll hear something by the end of the month if you're in Batch 1.

The best answer you'll get is by ringing PAS and taking a month or two off whatever vague date they might give you - they love to underpromise and overdeliver!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Luke_Doyle2

Just got the call - I came 25th in OOM.

Thank you. Just got the email there to submit my documents for clearance!

Same. Quicker than expected!

• Advertisement

Same here!

Did anyone get an email acknowledging that PAS received your clearance forms? I haven’t so just curious if that’s normal.

Yep, received an email the very same day confirming receipt of forms. I'd email them asking for confirmation.

@DW92 Thank you, I sent a follow up email there, so hopefully they get back to me soon.

I received it today, I sent the docs on Monday. Hope that helps!

@gmor96 Thank you. Yeah I received both an email from PAS and an invitation to the evetting on Tuesday.

@InnIRE By the invitation to the evetting on Tuesday you mean the link from the Garda to start it or the application form from PAS?

@gmor96 The link from the Garda to start it. Did you get a link from them too? Just curious if it’s usually that quick or if PAS is trying to move quickly.

@InnIRE I haven't received the invitation to the evetting yet, I'm not an Irish Citizen (even though I'm European) not sure if that could delay the process somehow

@gmor96 Possibly, I’m not sure myself if it does. But I am Irish, so maybe so.

• Advertisement

Hi guys any updates on your Garda eVetting?

Mine was completed on the 1st of March but I haven't had any updates from the PAS yet. I was going to email them today or tomorrow to see what the situation is.

I emailed them early last week to see if they could provide an update and have yet to hear back. Did you email them and receive any reply?

In the same boat. Emailed them last week and yet to hear anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cliff_Houston

Anyone else here in batch 2? Or anyone generally know what the situation with batch 2 is? I'm near the top of batch 2 and I'm anxious to be called for clearance so I know I've actually got the job. Any insight would be greatly apprecited. Thanks!

Just for anyone in batch 1 who is in limbo. I emailed them again today asking for an update and received a response that they are at the stage in clearance of sending an employer report form to my previous employer, and asking my permission to do so. I suspect, but I'm only guessing, that a follow up email to PAS was what moved the process along. If anyone has yet to receive a response from PAS after garda vetting has been completed, I'd advise sending another follow up email looking for an update.

I've no insight unfortunately Cliff about the process for batch 2. Your best bet would be to email PAS asking for an update I'd imagine!

My ex employers have received today the report form, even though my Garda Vetting has not been completed yet. Not sure if they're in a sudden rush for finishing clearance of batch 1 asap

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cliff_Houston

Cheers for the heads up guys! Best of luck and hopefully they get onto batch 2 soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SouthsideKev

I'm in batch 2 as well. Haven't heard anything yet. Emailed Catheryn today but they're out of office until tomorrow so fingers crossed

• Advertisement

Hi guys, has anyone from Batch 1 heard back from PAS yet?

Advertisement