Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kitkat73

That's great Roisin. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisylou123

Thanks so much RoisinMur that's really helpful and good to know.

Was it worth going to open night? I was considering going to one but it's a 3 hour round trip so not sure will I bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Jimmy113

This is a great forum and very informative. I think I’ll head to one of the open evenings to get more of an understanding. A little disheartening to see the length of time people have been waiting on panels. With interviews due to take place in July for the current recruitment drive I’d say it will be a long wait to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bJWXNIXWNXOW

For those on the panel have you guys already completed the medical? What does it consist of etc ....

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭sudocremegg

The medical consists of a general questionnaire, blood pressure, blood sugar etc, blood tests, urine tests drug test, vision test, hearing test, and a step test (I think?) if your BMI is too high.

• Advertisement

So today was the closing date for the latest campaign. How long does it take before you hear if successfully to the appitude stage? Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scurvy

So, I back when I got on my panel. It ended Sept 5th. Heard I was successful on the 12th. The test opened on the 13th and I had until the 20th to complete it. Heard I passed the aptitude test on the 23rd, I then had to send documents. On the 11th October I got an email inviting me to an interview on the week of the 24th. Interview results were sent out by post on the 2nd November.

Hope this helps

Yeah my thoughts are it took 2 months from closure to panel creation.

2 months from now is mid August. So maybe the next call will be in September- start in January like last year

Post edited by Scurvy on

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HannahSpanner

did anyone receive any EOI?

Does anyone know if all 3 college EOI’s come out at the same time / day or are they just released as and when a potential position comes up?

Post edited by HannahSpanner on

• Advertisement

I received a Ballinasloe EOI. Don't if all 3 come out at the same time. Might be worth to contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cbbcmdlljbmb

Does anybody have any information on the accommodation situation, as in if we are travelling from another county then the one we have an eoi for? As this is the case for me if all goes ahead and I’m just looking to get some information.

I got ballinasloe too so wondering if the other colleges will follow along after then in that case 🤔 Your number is low enough from previous panel too isn’t it so you would’ve thought you’d have them all offered……

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Iceomatrix

no they’re only offering Ballinasloe this time, if you read down the EOI this is a specific recruitment, if you go ahead with this EOI you will be placed in the Dublin North East or South East region so be careful if that’s what you want.

yes I noticed the Dublin part and was wondering why it was stated there, makes sense if it’s a specific recruitment (Dublin / south east is where I ultimately want to be so it’s only the Galway bit that threw me a little as that isn’t so close to me 🙈) Had seen other people noting that you could be sent anywhere on placement so in that sense this seems to be at least putting it into that region I would be looking at for the final 2 years) 🤔

Thanks so much for your reply 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cat84i

I was placed on the 2021 panel, I was unable to to express interest because of life's curve balls lol, i just got an expression of interest yesterday so fingers crossed now

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cat84i

Sorry 2022 panel it expires in june/ July time

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kilbeg3

Can I ask if this offer is Ballinasloe and then just Dublin or South east (as in south east of the county?) are all EOIs specific to a placement location? Will there be another offer for Ballinasloe in January or do they only take one class in a training centre at a time? Was hoping to get a placement in the west or south west so not sure should I accept this or wait for another offer? Anyone know how it works? Thanks

So does this mean tallaght or Tullamore probably won't be sending out eoi's following this recent email for Ballinasloe? Is this just a specific one off & the 2 other colleges are still frozen under the embargo? 🤔.

yes so this offer is for training in Ballinasloe then to be placed in either Dublin north east and South east regions, you won’t be able to be placed anywhere else if you take this EOI.
    No not all EOI’s are specific to location this is just because there is a shortage in these locations, if you accept this it’ll be highly unlikely to get placed anywhere else for a good while due to the shortages.

• Advertisement

There won’t be any more EOI’s for the other colleges until a January intake I’d say, there is a massive shortage in the North East and South east so this is why this class is being run. Again I’d say that there will be an intake in January for all 3 colleges as usual, this is just a once off to fill the vacancies in the areas.

sorry I missed the bit about the placement so it’s the Dublin north east region and the south east region of the country not just county Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xr8aaaa

Does anyone know the college/work split?

Is it 39 hours for 6 months then work or what is it?

Thanks for that info iceomatrix 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3 yb24

is it definitely Dublin South East or South East Ireland? I’ve emailed to confirm but this is a huge deciding factor.

Also why train in Ballinasloe and not Tallaght if it’s a Dublin post? Sorry I’m new to this

yeah you definitely will be placed in the north east or south east of Ireland, if you read the EOI it confirms it on there, not sure why the college is Ballinasloe this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 xr8aaaa

Your comments are just as confusing as the EOI itself.
    It could be:

Dublin, North East, South East. or 

Dublin North East, South East. or 

Dublin North East and Dublin South East

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kilbeg3

I thought they made two offers every year up to now, January and September. Has anyone found out if there will be other offers for Sept 2024? W

it’s by the HSE regions,

the Dublin north east region covers Dublin, Louth, Meath, Monaghan and Cavan.
    The south east covers Wicklow, Wexford, Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, South Tipperary.

Sorry didn’t mean to cause any confusion the whole thing is confusing enough as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 yb24

thanks so much so helpful!!

Advertisement